• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

dolphinmaster

Members
  • Content count

    1,136
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About dolphinmaster

  • Rank
    Anarchist

Profile Information

  • Location
    Chapel Hill, NC

Recent Profile Visitors

8,341 profile views
  1. Excellent! much better!
  2. Looks like a big rock got in the way
  3. Sunday - Monday track looks to have moved west a few.
  4. R, looks like a green string is lining up right through St. Pete/T in the latest from WUG, https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/hurricane-irma?map=model
  5. There is a 99% chance the OP is Scott or Alan, and a 1% chance the OP is a dweeb with a serious, unresolved Daddy issue.
  6. For keel boat racing, take ur 33 down to Southport. See Southport Yacht Club. Two more races this September one early October and then the Stede Bonnet regatta at the end of October. That's a can't miss fun race. Dress up like a pirate. Southport has a Nice venue with river and ocean sailing, and great social after parties. For your beer needs, I think there are 10 breweries in ILM now, no need for imported stuff, Wilmington Brewing Co. on Kerr Ave. leads the charge. For Dinghy sailing,The CYC is hosting the Lightning NA's in September at Wrightsville Beach. We could use some help on safety boats if u have some time F, S, Sun. Sept 22-24. 90 Boats coming.
  7. Looks like all the new toyotas and lexi! Weird shapes.
  8. I'm so amazed at how impressed I am still today after yesterday's ETNZ win. I've been telling folks, (non-sailors) all day :-) The different management style, higher level use of tech, and across the board outside the box design differences in essentially a one design brief. Excellent overall accomplishment.
  9. Overall Awesome job of design, and application. Congrats ETNZ!!!!
  10. Dude, go to your local sports bar as an early bird and ask them to put on NBC.
  11. I'm really curious how improving the blend of vertical lift and "windward lift towards the mark" or lateral lift is done especially with less vertical daggerboard in the water. Awesome foil design by ETNZ and apparently upgraded by OUSA.
  12. FT10
  13. Get a Mountain Bike and hit your local trails. Best combo of upper and lower body workout with balance demands every millisecond.
  14. Steam, in our home waters, the SR21 rates a 171, 3 secs faster than a J-24. I had one, it was slower upwind in the bigger breeze and seas off Wrightsville Beach but could put definite miles on the J in lighter smoother water. It'll surf "chop" quicker than a J but the spin isn't big enough to catch the bigger faster ocean swells on the big breeze days. Overall, a very sweet little boat.
  15. Teachers with morasse might also mean they've all gone Kardashian, ... we've enough of that more already! capiche?