Qualifying Race or Ocean Passage
A boat shall substantially complete a qualifying race of not less than 150 nautical miles not more than six months before the start of the race.
The qualifying races are:
• Ponant Sydney Noumea Yacht Race, New South Wales
• Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race, New South Wales
• Cabbage Tree Island Race, New South Wales
• Newcastle Bass Island Yacht Race, New South Wales
• Maria Island Race, Tasmania
• Melbourne - Stanley Race, Victoria
• Haystack Race, South Australia
• Wolf Rock Race, Queensland
• Brisbane to Keppel Yacht Race, Queensland
• Fremantle to Geraldton Yacht Race, Western Australia
• Hong Kong to Hainan Race, Hong Kong
• Other races approved by the Organising Authority
Approval of an alternate qualifying race may be sought from the Organising Authority in writing.
A boat may, with the prior approval of the Organising Authority (to be sought in writing), obtain dispensation from the requirement
to substantially complete a qualifying race by completing a non-stop ocean passage of not less than 24 hours not more than six months before the start of the race. A boat which is granted dispensation shall submit a detailed log of the passage on a form that can be obtained from the Organising Authority with the Pre-start Documentation under paragraph 4.2.