Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soñadora

What are you saving?

Zeyang's mention of having loads of books waiting to be read once on passage made me think of some of the junk I have that is untouched and waiting for just the right time.

I have a brand new Helly Hansen inshore jacket still with the tags on it hanging in my closet.

A bezel for my 'antique' Standard Horizon depth sounder (hoping to find a match to the Speed Log)

A pair of brand new spreader lights still in the package

That's all I have off the top of my head. I'm guessing some of you have hundreds of items. Lets hear it.

I have been saving pipe tobacco tins for a long time. Can't bring myself to throw them away.

I keep thinking that one day I will organize all my screws and bolts in these cans.

I do use them for my fishing gear, lures, hooks swivels etc.

I have a hard time throwing out the stuff I've replaced on the boat that works, just not well enough. So there is a hatch by the back door and a lot of stuff in the basement - the original traveller for the boat I no longer own, etc. I'm working on it though! Maybe that should be my new year's resolution... :lol:

A lighted buoy, presumably for marking slipped ground tackle, that someone found and gave me. I might put this on the boat if we ever went into pirate-infested waters

A rebuilt Scandvik faucet

About 20 sq feet of that breathing underlayment for berth cushions, etc.

Lots of crappy line

Empty antifreeze jugs

An old 2-blade prop, in case I ever open a nautical themed bar

A zinc fish with one season on it--my sail drive is electrically isolated

I'll stop now

This topic is priceless :lol: Today I make the journey to my 10ft x 15ft locker full of sailing gear and tools, to tear my heart out trying to decide what stuff to chuck out.... It's difficult... so many things that could be useful one day and what's the betting that as soon as I toss something, it will be needed.

A sub category to this thread would be stuff you want to throw out but are forced not to.

When getting ready to move aboard my wife bought a new set of dishes and silverware. I would just love to chuck the dainty little coffee cups, small size spoons, small size forks, creamer, sugar bowl, and rest of the crap in "complete sets" that is never used. It would free up space for all the spare parts that could conceivably be used.

Boats are like Las Vegas: "all ropes and lines that come aboard stay aboard" :P

We could hold a virtual swap meet. Most of my crap is available...

Ditto. I'll probably never use that pair of Barient 25's...I have been giving the big stuff away (old hatches, old traveler) since I'm sick of moving it. I could trade for something else I'll never use.

This topic is priceless :lol: Today I make the journey to my 10ft x 15ft locker full of sailing gear and tools, to tear my heart out trying to decide what stuff to chuck out.... It's difficult... so many things that could be useful one day and what's the betting that as soon as I toss something, it will be needed.

By devine law, you will throw something away just days before you discover you need it badly. OTOH, giving something to a fellow sailorsmeans when you need something it will show up.

IB

Ditto. I'll probably never use that pair of Barient 25's...I have been giving the big stuff away (old hatches, old traveler) since I'm sick of moving it. I could trade for something else I'll never use.

Hmm, I have a bunch of random bronze hardware, some of it's a little small - it's mostly off an old Cal 20 - but it's in pretty good shape. The mast and boom from same. Plus an old Danforth anchor I will probably never use.

Hmm, I have a bunch of random bronze hardware, some of it's a little small - it's mostly off an old Cal 20 - but it's in pretty good shape. The mast and boom from same. Plus an old Danforth anchor I will probably never use.

Matt, what are the dimensions of the mast and boom? And what hardware?

The mast and boom are both standard Cal 20 sections, but as I recall the mast is under 30' and is an oval... 2.5" by 4"? Something like that. Mast is anodized black. Boom is silver and just under 11' long, I think, and I don't remember the other dimensions for the boom. The masthead fitting is intact as is most of the mast hardware but the spreaders and such are shot.

The hardware is an assortment of stuff; I recall some cleats, both standard horns and a couple of small "torpedo" shape, chainplates (total of six and all small), rudder pintles and gudgeons, etc. They're in a box in my shed that I haven't looked at for a while - I gave up on the restoration after finding 4' of stress fractures and delamination in the bow, uh, four years ago now. I more or less stripped the boat and re-used what I could on my Cal 25 - some of the cleats mostly - but none of it's reasonable or needed for the Islander. There might be a small winch in there too - a Lewmar 8 I think - but I'm not sure about that.

Oh, also a solid mahogany rudder, stripped, with some damage to the bottom few inches.

The mast and boom are both standard Cal 20 sections, but as I recall the mast is under 30' and is an oval... 2.5" by 4"? Something like that. Mast is anodized black. Boom is silver and just under 11' long, I think, and I don't remember the other dimensions for the boom. The masthead fitting is intact as is most of the mast hardware but the spreaders and such are shot.

The hardware is an assortment of stuff; I recall some cleats, both standard horns and a couple of small "torpedo" shape, chainplates (total of six and all small), rudder pintles and gudgeons, etc. They're in a box in my shed that I haven't looked at for a while - I gave up on the restoration after finding 4' of stress fractures and delamination in the bow, uh, four years ago now. I more or less stripped the boat and re-used what I could on my Cal 25 - some of the cleats mostly - but none of it's reasonable or needed for the Islander. There might be a small winch in there too - a Lewmar 8 I think - but I'm not sure about that.

Oh, also a solid mahogany rudder, stripped, with some damage to the bottom few inches.

Sounds interesting. PM sent.

I have 6 feet of foil for a Furlex furler...that fits a boat I no longer have. I just can't bear to part with it for some reason :blink:

the most annoying stuff (inherited by the P.O.) is all the random chemicals and crap that were on board. My garage could probably qualify as a superfund site. :blink:

I have 6 feet of foil for a Furlex furler...that fits a boat I no longer have. I just can't bear to part with it for some reason :blink:

:lol: add that to the 4ft section i have and we're now up to 10ft... anyone got any more..???? The only use i can think of for a small length like that... is a track either side of a hatch or companionway for a bag e.g. a spinnaker bag under the foredeck hatch... or perhaps a small section bolted to the riser of a cockpit for a bag that you can slide in before ssailing and remove after like the Farr 30's have. As I said, it may have a use at some time... :lol:

Anyone interested in a 4-drawer tool box crammed with stainless 1/4inch diameter nuts, bolts, washers of all kinds, pop rivets of various lengths and diameters, Harken blocks (carbo and standard).. dinghy control line blocks....? The tool box must weigh about 60lbs of stuff I'll probably never use. They are all sorted and bagged ready to go. PM me if interested with email address and I can send pics.

Also one small, woman's Musto Ccean drysuit in pristine condition... must go.

the most annoying stuff (inherited by the P.O.) is all the random chemicals and crap that were on board. My garage could probably qualify as a superfund site. :blink:

Ah, I'd forgotten (drunk those brain cells away?) about flares! FUCKING FLARES!!! The damn things are good for what, 5 years from date of manufacture? So let's say you buy (as I have) a boat that has been offshore raced for 20 years or so. I've got a heap of expired flares that is crazy. And the only way to get rid of them here (legally) is to pay some outfit something like 15 bucks each to dispose of them! Like that's going to happen. Let's see... $15 x 30 flares = no fucking way. So instead of that, some live on the boat (on the basis that they would probably work and can't hurt) and if my garden shed ever catches fire I will be the guy running fastest away from it!

Note, before anyone gives me shit about only carrying expired flares, I don't. I also have the regular selection of < 5 year ones. Which means the pile continues to grow...

Ive got 300' of 10mm dacron line and dont own a boat :rolleyes: .

Hmmm... I'm looking to replace some running rigging where I don't care a whole lot about stretch. Tell me more. :lol:

Ah, I'd forgotten (drunk those brain cells away?) about flares! FUCKING FLARES!!! The damn things are good for what, 5 years from date of manufacture? So let's say you buy (as I have) a boat that has been offshore raced for 20 years or so. I've got a heap of expired flares that is crazy. And the only way to get rid of them here (legally) is to pay some outfit something like 15 bucks each to dispose of them! Like that's going to happen. Let's see... $15 x 30 flares = no fucking way. So instead of that, some live on the boat (on the basis that they would probably work and can't hurt) and if my garden shed ever catches fire I will be the guy running fastest away from it!

Note, before anyone gives me shit about only carrying expired flares, I don't. I also have the regular selection of < 5 year ones. Which means the pile continues to grow...

You could sell them to the Soccer fans!!!!!

Take them to the RCMP. According to the officer I spoke to, they have to take them.

And expiry is 48 months from date of mfg in Canada, 42 months in the US.

I once got a ticket for shooting off expired flares on the 4th - silly me. Although in retrospect, alcohol, boats, and flares -- not one of my best ideas.

Take them to the RCMP. According to the officer I spoke to, they have to take them.

And expiry is 48 months from date of mfg in Canada, 42 months in the US.

Right, 48 months. 4 years. My bad, it was the rum typing.

The RCMP guy I talked to referred me to the fire department, who referred me to a private disposal company. Different coast, maybe different accommodations. Although if I left a box on the door step I'm sure they would find something to do with them. Heck, where you are out in BC they probably love to get them, I bet they use them to torch the fields of BC Bud... :(

Ah well. I may torch some off in an old WW2 fortification, it could use the excitement.

Hell, if you bring your own resin and mat you can probably build another boat out of all the crap I have in the shed, under the stairs, in the back closet, in storage, and under the floorboards on the boat.

An inventory defies description, although I am fairly certain there is a Tartan 27 head sail somewhere in the closet we refer to formally as "The Awful Closet".

I save almost everything, but people who lived through the Depression are really nutz. One had a paper bag labeled "Pieces of string too small to save." Inside, he was saving pieces of string too small to save. <_<:lol: I'm not quite there, but have 4 storage sheds and am well on my way...

hi,

besides some hundreds sailing books which will come useful, i have around 10.000 old charts to places i will probably never visit (sailing route into old german colonies) (some have even nazi-stamps on them so some are quite old).

6 survival suits (from the offshore oilbusiness) i know i will need sometime!

more useful is: this nice blake head i bought 10 years ago. which is knew i will use someday. :-)

then 2 big 2000 pound old english harrison lathes i got really cheap with a plan to use to make a windlass! (a little stupid idea): This is in the same street as the guy who bought a bus, because the battery was good.

zeyang

post-37445-1262275564_thumb.jpg

post-37445-1262276536_thumb.jpg

then 2 big 2000 pound old english harrison lathes i got really cheap with a plan to use to make a windlass! (a little stupid idea): This is in the same street as the guy who bought a bus, because the battery was good.

zeyang

you're on your way to becoming a legend.

A 10 year old (used for 1 season) 3 bank battery charger that came out when the inverter/charger went in, 2 horseshoe buoys and a man overboard strobe, a collection of blocks and cars, old running rigging (80 feet of 5/8 doublebraid or 125 feet of 1/2 is great for helping trees fall where you want them). And a couple of boxes of stuff I haven't looked in for 10 years but I think includes most of the deck hardware off of a 20 footer the yard was putting into a dumpster. I was putting an abandoned beach cat back together then and the yard manager said I could take anything I wanted as long as I was done before the front loader got there.......

I finally threw away the old main (that's the one before the main I replaced last year) but have a tired #2 somewhere in the shed....

IB

1. Brand new dock lines, never used. 2. A 30 plus year old Ritchie Compass, bulkhead mount. 3. 3 Key West Race Week sponsor bags and a Block Island sponsor bag. 4. Every chart and chart book I bought, inheirited or "borrowed". 5. Water pump parts from 3 different diesels. 6. The vang off my Pearson Ensign and the Boom Tent. 7. Plastic boxes and bags of navigation devices along with pencil stubs. 7. A stainless steel dog bowl with a rubber base that won't slide around when the boat heels. 8. 2 rail mount bar-b-ques along with assorted empty gas canisters. 9. A box of rod rigging fittings. 10. The mast fitting from a long forgotten spinnaker pole. (great paper weight)

Need I go on?

We all seem to have a chronic sickness :lol:

Up until recently, I had a bunch of small "Race-lite" blocks and phenolic cam cleats that came off something like a Jet 14 back in the mid 1960s (when they were being replaced with newer, better gear). These were saved in my regatta crash box, then moved to a storage box crammed with random boat junk.

They emerged when I was asked to help a friend sail his newly-restored (not-quite-finished) '70s era racing boat and I found that this entailed putting on all the deck hardware the night before the race. I brought over my box & began rummaging for blocks & cleats for the many control lines, none heavily loaded on this particular boat. He stopped me from putting one of the phenolic cam cleat on the coaming, on the grounds that he didn't want "that junk" on his boat even temporarily. I indignantly replied "There's nothing wrong with this!!"

I got the message and threw about half the contents of the box away. You can tell it still pains me, though!

FB- Doug

I keep:

A box full of rechromed bronze hardware for some sort of dinghy (Lightning perhaps). I inherited them from a friend long ago. It includes little snubber winches, jam cleats, blocks, etc. Assorted old blocks, fairleads etc.

A really cool bicolor running light which may have used oil lamps.

Two gimballed oil lamps with broken chimneys.

An outboard which has not been used in 15 years.

Not boat related but I keep the ring gear off the flywheel for my long gone '77 Alfetta sedan. Don't ask me why.

hi,

besides some hundreds sailing books which will come useful, i have around 10.000 old charts to places i will probably never visit (sailing route into old german colonies) (some have even nazi-stamps on them so some are quite old).

more useful is: this nice blake head i bought 10 years ago. which is knew i will use someday. :-)

zeyang

We're not worthy!

wayne-garth.jpg

... ... ...

Not boat related but I keep the ring gear off the flywheel for my long gone '77 Alfetta sedan.

... ... ...

Hey! I been lookin' for one of those!

:rolleyes:

At one point in my life I had a mini steam turbine wheel from a Navy "prairie masker" high-volume air compressor. That kind of stuff got de-junked at some unremembered point between moves & cruises.

FB- Doug

And I thought it was me! :huh:

:blink: okolehao- you joined in 2004 and this is your first post??

I am "saving" my comments about that :P;) ... but welcome to CA

Happy 2010 everyone!

BB

Ive got 300' of 10mm dacron line and dont own a boat :rolleyes: .

Isn't that a good enough excuse to buy a boat? :P

Happy new year.

(and BB. dont forget Jan 3rd leg to Singapore B) )

The crank for the roller reefing system (the boat has had lazy jacks for a decade). Spark plugs for the atomic 4, not much use with the re-powered diesel. A bracket for the old spinner style depth sounder, but not the sounder.

I do have some cloth and resin. Not enough for a cruiser, perhaps a really small wlydo dingy. We seem to have the hardware, but I am not sure that Tartan 27 headsail would work. If it needs a working micrologic loran, I can provide.

Now, about that dry suit. Trade for a box of marine mahogany plywood scraps?

A really sick guy is the one who bought a 50's Era GM Futurama Bus at Barrett Jackson a couple of years ago for 500k plus, he has had it for sale for the last 6 months for 250k...he is a sick SOB and a sorry SOB.

An ever increasing pile of old sticky crusty fenders crushed in the bottom of the dockbox!

He stopped me from putting one of the phenolic cam cleat on the coaming, on the grounds that he didn't want "that junk" on his boat even temporarily. I indignantly replied "There's nothing wrong with this!!"

Reminds me of the time I asked my friend to "grab that bow line there and toss it to me." He looked at me with an earnest, questioning expression, and not kidding at all, said, "You mean this rotted thing?"

We're not worthy!

Not sure if I want to be remembered for such stupid ideas. :-(

To make a windlass like this which was my intention, with the diameter of such wheels i need a lathe 3 times bigger, and even then its not really possible. 

But i can use the lathe as mooring instead :-)

So next thread should be, how stupid is it possible to be. :o

zeyang

post-37445-1262351449_thumb.jpg

The crank for the roller reefing system (the boat has had lazy jacks for a decade). Spark plugs for the atomic 4, not much use with the re-powered diesel. A bracket for the old spinner style depth sounder, but not the sounder.

I do have some cloth and resin. Not enough for a cruiser, perhaps a really small wlydo dingy. We seem to have the hardware, but I am not sure that Tartan 27 headsail would work. If it needs a working micrologic loran, I can provide.

Now, about that dry suit. Trade for a box of marine mahogany plywood scraps?

I think I have the spinner for your depth sounder.

oops looka th' time... gotta go sailing...

FB- Doug

He stopped me from putting one of the phenolic cam cleat on the coaming, on the grounds that he didn't want "that junk" on his boat even temporarily. I indignantly replied "There's nothing wrong with this!!"

Reminds me of the time I asked my friend to "grab that bow line there and toss it to me." He looked at me with an earnest, questioning expression, and not kidding at all, said, "You mean this rotted thing?"

The rope holds knots better once it's worn off that brand-new slickness.

B)

FB- Doug

Does this look like home to any of you folks?

obj201geo48pg1p12.jpg

No. That is much neater than my basement.

I have two good Sym kites for a 30 footer that I have never used, would love to trade for a A kite that I can use sailing solo? which means I also took the spin pole off the deck.

Speaking of which.....I still have a 1.5oz Norlam asymm, only used for one offshore race, fits a typical rig on a 36ft to 39ft boat. Still crisp like a new sail..... and would love to swap for some smaller crisp paper... :lol:

Speaking of which.....I still have a 1.5oz Norlam asymm, only used for one offshore race, fits a typical rig on a 36ft to 39ft boat. Still crisp like a new sail..... and would love to swap for some smaller crisp paper... :lol:

Thats not fair, thats really useful!!!

Money is mere dross compared to the inner peace of knowing you have a beautiful spinnaker that is perfect for your next boat.

FB- Doug

I got some old cans of Dinty Moore, do they count?

Toothbrushes. Years and years of toothbrushes.

Just think of all those years ahead of fine brushing and detailing

Money is mere dross compared to the inner peace of knowing you have a beautiful spinnaker that is perfect for your next boat.

FB- Doug

:lol: Very poetic

WHL, I think you are missing the spirit of the exercise by saving useful things. Where is the fun of explaining to your spouse the reason for saving the broken starter for an engine long gone? ( The real reason: being too lazy to throw it out!)

Or all the old rope and fittings you replaced because they were crap but won't part with? A nice sail? Really? <_< I need better junk.

BTW, thanks to your help last year and a new suit of sails this fall the 5KSB is moving much better. Sadly I have nothing worth trading for your A-sym. Best wishes for 2010!

Shoalcove

Hi Shoal good to hear from you and I'm happy to have been of help.

Re: the spirit of this, I haven't got to the really good stuff yet... how about a perfectly useless missile control system from the 1950's HMCS Chaudier that was sunk as an artificial reef?? All those terminal blocks and other connecturs are bound to be useful somewhere :lol:

All the best and enjoy your 2010 season.

I got some old cans of Dinty Moore, do they count?

old or new, a can of Dinty Moore always counts.

I once got a ticket for shooting off expired flares on the 4th - silly me. Although in retrospect, alcohol, boats, and flares -- not one of my best ideas.

I'm sure that happens a lot. Listening to channel 16 on the 4th is always interesting in a waterway with decent traffic. I've heard at least one call concerning a boat that was firing flares on the 4th. The CG was unimpressed.

hi,

zeyang

That lathe is beautiful! If you ever get rid of it try to find an industrial museum to donate it to.

I have a shitload of pumps. Most burned out.

There is a shop near my house with a sign that says "Electric pump repair". I wish he would take it down, then I can throw them all out.

I've got lead left over for correcting weights on the I14

the original weta blades, I have a dream of building a kids dinghy around them

misc small boat blocks, cleats, etc, that don't seem to translate to a 34' tri

a hole saw with some sort of morris taper(I think), but no way to spin it

hundreds of destroyed drill bits "that I will get to sharpen one of these days"

a '20s era accordion

a microwave pulled off the boat. what did they want that for? Only of use given my battery bank when plugged into shore

I've got that expired flare bucket

and the safety kit with expired meds like aspirin, antiseptic, etc

paints, thinners and cleaners - lots and lots.

I don't really want to think about this. There is a house in RI with an upstairs room dedicated to my boat crap plus a basement with 2 rooms of crap going back to the 50's-60's, like cotton sails from a 110 class I used to own. There's a garage in West Texas full of sailboat and windsurfing gear, and a locker in Maine with stuff for our current boat, not to mention the stuff on the boat itself. Then I look around my office and see a box of chart chips for a Northstar 951XD chartplotter. Anybody want 'em?

Brain......hurts......must.....find.......alcohol......

OK, I think I have a winner. We mixed some concrete to put in some pilings for my porch roof, and when we cleaned out the mixer I saved a hunk of concrete. I guess it would be more accurate to say, I have plenty of space and couldn't think of an easy way to throw it away, so I tossed it out in the field.

Then I needed a rock, but there are no rocks in this part of the state. It's all sand. It occurred to me that my lump of extra concrete made a pretty credible rock, especially after some slime grows on it, so I used it to mount a fountain my brother gave to me:

fountainmidcrk.jpg

It almost looks like a natural rock! After this, no one can tell me to throw anything away! :P

Well, nothing I saved, but something my dad did save--and use. He was a dentist--started his practice in the mid-fifties. Back in the day, if you were taking a dental x-ray there was film and a small lead shield. He saved all of the lead shields--thousands of them. Fast forward to 1972. He (I helped as much as I could) finished a Columbia 26 in the driveway. The outboard was inside at the back of the cockpit--and it was loud. Lo and behold, he took all of the tiny lead plates, and glued them to the inside of a metal box he created. Voila! Instant sound barrier. And a bit of a cockpit table as well. Brilliant.

I remember having an old tempest boom lying around somewhere.

it was used during the '74 worlds in Germany or sth.

doesn't fit my current boat :rolleyes:

also some old dinghy/small keelboat T-tracks which will maybe someday become an outboard mount and two cleats I am definitely not going to use ever again.

... I've got a heap of expired flares that is crazy. And the only way to get rid of them here (legally) is to pay some outfit something like 15 bucks each to dispose of them! Like that's going to happen. ...

4th of July!

All you have to do is informm the coasties that you are shotting off flares as part of a creew training exercise. They are actually happy to hear of people learning about flares. Also you can donate them to the sea scouts for the same purpose!

My dad's boat (Columbia 10.7) was upgraded to a bigger boom many moons ago. The old one (E = 11.70) has been stored in the attic ever since. In great shape, and still has good lines and hardware on it.

I've got al kinds of bolts screws, blocks, winches, etc spread between the basement, trunk of my car, and garage. Pair of Barient 10's are probably the best of the lot.

I do have a 2008 Spinlock Deckvest that I wore twice if anyone is interested. Size 3.

Also have a Pro-Rainer spray suit that worn a few times, very good condition, blue, XL.

PM me if interested

inside my head, the thoughts start swirling, some pretty good sounding stuff I might also need someday......cant take it.....cant help it....sure there's room in the shed....but the better half.....I can explain it......I am sure I can come up with something......

BUY, BUY!!!!

Cross beams and rudders from a NACRA 5.2. The cross beams are from the first year of production, length = 8'-6" (later models are 8'-0"). I thought some day I might buy another Cat. I've had them in my attic for over 20 years.

post-24403-1262965969_thumb.jpg

Hey gang, thought I would throw this into the bag. I have one of these, 1984 J/29 frac with trailer.... Anybody want to grow a local fleet.

It's a three step welcome process here:

1. Fuck off

2. Show us your wife's/girlfriend's tits

3. Buy an ad

Clear out of stuff, all free:

--Two Laser booms complete with blocks

--Proctor boom for 420, needs tack and outhaul fittings

--Dinghy Spinnaker pole 2000mm long

--Lewmar 10 single speed sheet winch, chromed bronze

--Harken 250 (10-inch) ball bearing muscle box

--outboard motor transom mount, spring-hinged type

--Quarter tonner boom, was on a Ruffian 15 years ago foot = 2300

--Plastimo Tactical Compass complete with mast gate mount for Int 420

--Plastimo Dan Buoy (needs new flag)

--Plastimo 1038 bilge pump

--Pioneer DEH-1700R 12 volt dc car radio/cd player, boxed, unused, was for a 31.7 but never got installed. No speakers

Collect in south Dublin City, or I can deliver to Dun Laoghaire

Searched through the 60kgs of spares need to run my foiling Moth, and all I can bear to part with is:

Spectra line, 1mm, length 10 cm.

What am I offered (will accept the Int 14 the Misses wants) :lol:

Sold my boat, but did not include the 600' spool of Validator 12 (1/4") or the Tohatsu 9.8 long shaft with an extension - the tallest outboard in the world.

I'll trade for a Staempfli single, or a Pocock.

I have a bunch of Melges 32 sails.

Main

Jibs

Running kite

First generation sails from Quantum, good condition.

I also have a M32 mast section with a small 2" dia hole above the hounds.

I have an old laser radial sail that would be fine for practice/screwing around. its from '97 I think, still in decent practice condition, but I think it is a cut that was made before the new line kit upgrades.

I've got a J (about 12.5") length Hall carbon pole off my J-100 and the symmetrical spinnaker to go with it. Not sure if either has been used, ever.

If you give me enough money I'll throw in the boat too.

So the Dinty Moore reminds me of a Swiftsure around 1985.

One of our crew who shall remain nameless (but his initials are Kevin MacAllister) demanded a couple rations of Dinty Moore for the race. So we are shopping in Victoria BC, found exactly what he wanted. During the race as he's gobbling it up the rest of the crew are absolutely howling. Can looked exactly like Dinty Moore, but was labeled in French and was dog food!

Rumblefish J/29 MHOB

I 14, functional not new. Trade for decent Laser Radial. You pay for shipping both ways but I'll deliver anywhere on Oahu.

Well as of Feb 8, 2010, I have a classic Texas Instruments Loran ready for the dumpster.... so much for being a backup for the time when the GPS network gets attacked by UFO's --- DOH... so many useless memories that can't be put on the dumpster, of that esoteric display of TD's and interpolating on charts to get Lat/Long. So the big decision is now.... should I keep it's base mount and 10ft whip antenna for anything :lol:

A pair of Harken 40's, saved as spares for my primary winches on the O-30. Sitting in my shed.

Oh yea, a stock alum O-30 spin pole too.

and two hole chain plates. and misc Nexus stuff. and single spreader spreaders. and lots of used halyards, with shackles.