Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlieCobra

Poor guy's boat sunk by the rain in SF...

send him a pm and get the exact location/marina and slip. i will see what i can do or arrange as im in northern CA

I'm free tomorrow if you want help bro!

east bay muscle available in berkeley

Can we get this on the front page PRONTO. Poor bastard shouldn't be penalized for dealing with our immigration system legally. Good on anyone nearby who can help.

How cool is SA? Good on ya, and I hope this guy gets a chance to avail himself of your generosity.

Poor bastard shouldn't be penalized for dealing with our immigration system legally.

<hijack>

if he's stuck here there were some t's uncrossed and i's undotted and he's having to unravel it. You can always get it sorted there if you are prompt and straightforward.

Your system (though it picks on me) isn't at all bad...it's just complex. Same happens in reverse

A big shout out to Mr Alvarez in immigration..see ya again soon bloke

</hijack>

nice of you guys to sort it. sounds like a good boat

+1 on what RM said

Everyone picks on you, S. You ought be used to it by now, considering your age and all.

Everyone picks on you, S. You ought be used to it by now, considering your age and all.

you're not helping my persecution complex Ms C.

it all stems back to one nasty bitch on the Canadian border in 1992...you fuck one goat with the system there and you are branded for life.

so far a total of 20hrs spent at the US consulate here and about the same being detained at point of entry everytime there. c'est la vie...they keep letting me in. eventually

Skirts overstayed 2 days here...that had a far worse outcome. booted

Anybody got access to airbags? She isn't quite above the water at low tide which means she has to be lifted a bit for the pumps to work. Whats worse is that she's a wood boat sunk in FRESH water so time is critical. The info is on the way via email. Anyone with access to airbags or other lifting equipment please PM me. Thanks.

I'll put a call into Peckerhead racing he is in the area.

Dammit, wish i were in san fran, i really dig doing this kinda stuff; helping out this aussie out would make my day..... come on guys you'll be really glad you stepped up to help out..... i'm in n.c. if i had enuff freq-flyer miles i would be on my way......

Damn, Bethel. That's a tad out of my sphere of influence. And not being above water at low tide, shit, that becomes the work of a profesional. I've got a fat trash pump that would suck that sucker dry in about 2 minutes if it had a chance of floating. I've got a friend with airbags, but he'll want $$ for the salvage. If there's a chance that that bitch might be at all floatable without bags, I'll bring some resources up (beer, pump) and we'll have a little SA dock party. I'm not into borrowing bags ($$), ripping this guys deck off, and dealing with a bunch of shit.

I AM into helping a fellow sailor out, it's the right thing to do. In fact, one of my display boats was blown off of it's trailer during the storm yesterday and a fellow business owner got some of his friends and put the mess back together again. So I feel that I owe.

Someone needs to do some recon. Pics if possible. I've got all day Sunday to mess around.

I'll have pics tomorrow.

Actually, I'll have them tonight as soon as one of the guys on site emails them to me. About an hour he says...

Sent something on to Scot, but I'm going to sleep. If it hasn't run when y'all check in the morning, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

J, If the efforts with the pumps fail, we may need your buddy with the bags to take a look and come up with a quote. A wood boat can't stand being sunk in fresh water long.

Just got off the phone with the peckerhead his is out of contact tonight but will check in on this in the AM.

Hey War Dog

You need a hand with this??

To be honest I can not do jack shit other than alert resources. Daddy duty and distance are the issue. PH might be able to pull something together PM him!!

CC

It has been raining like stink around here , But..

That's an awful big boat to sunk by one week of rainfall on the deck.

any other known issues with it?

CC

D sent you a PM wish I could do more!!

It only takes a few inches of water to get a through hull below the waterline....They've had a lot more than a few inches there from what I understand.

Best of luck to ya CC - 'tis a good thing you're doing.

You know those 'ol wood boats have souls - she'll be thanking you.

CC

Here are the pics:

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

There she be...

Fuuuuuck! What a drag. Do you know what the tide was doing when that pic was taken?

I'm avail to help out, but I think it's going to require more resources than I have.

j

:( That is a sad site ...............looks like time is short and pros are needed...............I wish I could be more of a help!!

From the looks of the light and what I saw on the table, I'd say high tide or close to it.

Looks like a full boat cover too, telling me that some water probably came from below the waterline.

j

I can supply a body, a truck and a portable air compressor with hose.

But I'm afraid that's like bringing a knife to a gunfight

I'm still game to help, but I donno what I could do. Looks like airbags and a diver.

Anybody got another gas powered trash pump? They have one. All bodies are likely appreciated. PM me for contact info...

PM Sent.

You know, we could fill the fucker with blow up dolls and fill em........

J, I did send ya the contact number for the guy on scene didn't I?

Yep.

Someone come up with a time and we could meet up, stand around drinking beer, and feel lucky that our boats aren't on the bottom at the very least... Possibly fire up a pump and do some good, but it looks bleak to me. Around low tide would be the best. Sorry to the dude, that would really suck.

Also I know that the water depth in that area is greatly influenced by the amount of rain inland. Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow if it dries up a bit and at low tide...

j

Call Rick and coordinate a time and place to meet since he's the local guy. I'm just here to stampede the herd as it were...

If ya can't get him, call me.

If I can lend some advice. I've done a few of these and am an experienced offshore diver (live in Toronto area but would have helped if I could).

You will need a diver and lift bags, even better, lift matresses which fit flat against the hull. You have to run slings underneath the hull and attach a bag or matress on either side. You should also plan on getting at least 30 % more lift bag capacity to be safe. Make sure you fill the bags equally adding a bit to each in sequence or the boat can roll which would ruin your day. Get the deck above water and start pumping.

Good luck boys,

OS

What's this age stuff. And Canadian immigration are as bad, I am going through it now.

Hope the boat is ok, if I was closer I would be there this weekend too

This is the boat in question....

myboat.jpg

Totally georgeous boat. Love a sail on her. Not one of these plastic things. Love it

Mornin' folks, I'm back on for a while. Then I get to go work on Oh Joy but I'll still be available by phone. Thanks Ed for getting this on the front page.

Dorado, it looks like we have two sump pumps and at least one gas pump so far. Surf City Catamaran was running over there too but I don't know what equipment he is scaring up yet. I'm waiting for another guy to call back and don't know what he has either. We're gonna need a diver for sure and none of the ones I called last night have called me back yet.

What an amazing community this can be. You guys rock. B)

Good luck, and kudos to all you who are doing what you can to help out.

Ok ,Looks like it's in Fisherman's Cut

That looks like it might be a good idea to meet at Brannon Island State Park launch ramp and go in by boat. I've got an 17' open motor skiff that can handle a pretty big cargo.

I can be down there at about 1200-1300 hrs if needed.

Scattered Showers, lite southerly wind @ 6

We might need a generator to run 4 more trash pumps.

That looks like it might be a good idea to meet at Brannon Island State Park launch ramp and go in by boat. I've got an 17' open motor skiff that can handle a pretty big cargo.

Dorado that sounds good. Call and coordinate with Rick at that number I gave you and thanks.

What is in need man power or the proper tools?? Has PH checked in?? I can drop O off at 11:00 and be on site by 13:30 but not much to offer other than a guy in a wet suite and a strong arm or 2.

Edit..........I know for a fact that your boat is a great recovery platform!! I'm in ....................cell # 510 714-7187

I just talked to Rick.

Ferry service will not be available after noon today

I will be at Brannon Island launch ramp at 1300 hrs

My cell number is 209 365 3141

I have to leave home shortly to get down there.

War Dog, we could use some more bodies I'm thinking. A diver, preferably one familiar with salvage and the dangers would be nice or at least one who can go into the boat, open ports for hose deployment etc. We need a generator for those AC pumps. 13:30 is fine, if ya don't have Rick's number, i can PM it to ya so somebody can run a boat over and pick you up when the ferry stops. We now have two boats for transport thanks to Dorado.

I just talked to Rick.

Ferry service will not be available after noon today

I will be at Brannon Island launch ramp at 1300 hrs

My cell number is 209 365 3141

I have to leave home shortly to get down there.

Nice, thanks bunches Dorado...

I'll be there at 3pm with a fattie trash pump, and freedive gear. I've got to go to oakley anyway. I'll try to con my friend Ray who's a technical diver, to come and help. No bags available they are in SoCal. Let's hit the 4pm low and if it's at all possible we'll try to float that bitch. I've only done it 3 times and was unsuccessful 3 others, total amateur, so hopefully my friend ray can come along. I just like adventure.

j

Cool, write down Dorado's cell number because the ferry quits at noon. His boat and one other are all the transpo available to and from the boat after noon.

I just talked to D he is on the road.....talked to PH he is calling D.

Nice, pass along Rick and my numbers please. Any inventory of equipment and personnel would be sweet too. That way I know what weapons we have and can coordinate transpo etc.

Advisory: There are no stores, restaurants or facilities on that little island. There is a head and power from a house. Leave your vehicles on the mainland unless you plan to sleep in them. Get food on the way. The owner's SO is providing some food but I don't know how much.

I'm back...Bethel Island is a tad out of my range...got single parent duty with gymanstix pick ups and drop offs...

http://www.fastbottoms.com/

Is an SA Member and lives out in that direction tho...

Sorry, gotta work today. I have Delta dive service contacts if they are still needed.

I'm back...Bethel Island is a tad out of my range...got single parent duty with gymanstix pick ups and drop offs...

Sorry, gotta work today. I have Delta dive service contacts if they are still needed.

Do they have salvage equipment and experience? If so, I'll take their contact info and thanks.

Do they have salvage equipment and experience? If so, I'll take their contact info and thanks.

Bishop Diving and Salvage- Rick Bishop

bishopdive@comcast.net

Cell- 650.483.5545

Office- 209.830.7410

http://www.bishopdiving.com/

CC,

that's a favorite designer of mine and any sunken boat like that is a travesty.

i didn't see this thread yesterday. i have a friend who's a boater and owns an HVAC company. perhaps we can road trip out there tomorrow. do you have plans to go today or tomorrow (I can't today). I'm guessing we're all gonna get wet.

i'd like to put you two in touch. i will pm you.

Dixie

I'm up about 60 miles North of Seattle and just kicking over buckets, rattling cages and coordinating the effort. The REAL heroes are the folks actually taking out of their personal time to go assist, both from this community and the WBF. The main effort is this afternoon. If she doesn't refloat, it's likely that the Pros will come in and the poor owner will be out of some serious money.....

Please keep us posted CC, send a PM or email. And take some pics! Very cool community action right here...

Wish the fuk i was anywhere near to helpout..... standing by, can only watch and hope for the best, you guys have my respect & admiration regardless how it turns out, good luck men.......

as i just told cc,

ive got a mid size pick up i could donate to the cause (in pacifica) though, if anyone needs to trade vehicles for the day. i know these pumps can be pretty large, so if this work truck could come in handy, its yours

It looks like I will be no help :angry: Damm it!!!!

fricking breeder!!

If you can get the decks awash and the pumps running, you may need to take a halyard out on each side to a piling or vehicle on the levy or whatever is available and cycle back and forth to rock it out of the mud. If you can slide something vertically down the outside of the hull as this is happening, it might help break the suction and allow water to flow down to the keel. You can also try using the outlet of a pump with a rigid discharge to "rod" along the hull and help break the suction of the mud.

Good luck guys. I can help tomorrow if its still going on. Whats the ferry sched on Sunday?

If you can get the decks awash and the pumps running, you may need to take a halyard out on each side to a piling or vehicle on the levy or whatever is available and cycle back and forth to rock it out of the mud. If you can slide something vertically down the outside of the hull as this is happening, it might help break the suction and allow water to flow down to the keel. You can also try using the outlet of a pump with a rigid discharge to "rod" along the hull and help break the suction of the mud.

Good luck guys. I can help tomorrow if its still going on. Whats the ferry sched on Sunday?

Not sure but here's the number: 925-684-3766 and it's the Jersey Island to Bradford run.

Wow, good luck guys. Like so many others have already stated, it's truly awesome to see this kind of response!

I wish I could be of assistance, but I'm a few hundred miles too far to the south.

Wow, good luck guys. Like so many others have already stated, it's truly awesome to see this kind of response!

I wish I could be of assistance, but I'm a few hundred miles too far to the south.

I'm about 700 miles North... I just figured somebody needed to get things rolling and the rest was the good hearted members here and over at the WBF. All I can do is wait now...

I am Gutted I can not help................a 2.5yr old and a myself are just not what this job needs!!

Don't sweat it. We have some people showing up, one of them a pro with wood boats and somebody, I forget who, is bringing along a technical salvage diver to assist. Apparently one or two other folks with wet suits are coming as well. We are down on pumps to four or five though so I don't know if we'll have the capacity needed.

I am Gutted I can not help................a 2.5yr old and a myself are just not what this job needs!!

Same here, only I'm babysitting an 88 year old.