Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Fran-Spinner Isl 2010

What's it Rate? R!

From the legendary front page on SA...

EDIT: The first ten entries are Bikini contest judges..Hurry up and enter already!

What happens when 250 of the World's fastest sailboats start downwind at the same time and race to a private island in the Delta? We will soon see as the first annual San Francisco to Spinner Island race gets underway September 11th. The new 40 mile run will feature all Big Boat Series classes, IRC, BAMA, Melges 32's, Moore 24's and any other class with 5 boats or more. Everything from ULDB Maxis, multihulls to skiffs can enter. The Farm Door Trophy will be presented for first to finish, Il Moro Trophy for first monohull, the Sausalito Cup for first on corrected and class trophies for 5 or more boats. Former America's Cup sailor John Sweeney who ran the Challenge-Series for Americas Cup Boats on San Francisco Bay created the new race to offer everyone a great R-rated party on his private Delta Island. You can do the race in just a few hours and party like rock stars with a great DJ and some amazing bikini clad help. The race is the perfect tune up for Big Boat Series and will be the best party of the summer featuring the Spinner Island girls.

The event will be managed by RegattaPRO. Entry fee is $75, limited to 250 boats so first come first serve. More details at RegattaPro.com. Download the notice of race and entry form from the links below:

Notice of Race (86kb pdf)

Entry Form (78kb pdf)

For further information, click here, and if you have any questions, contact: John Sweeney (415) 686-0907 or John@spinnerisland.com

Want to enter? Jump on it! ENTER THE RACE HERE.

post-42579-1264423304_thumb.jpg

From the legendary front page on SA...

What happens when 250 of the World's fastest sailboats start downwind at the same time and race to a private island in the Delta? We will soon see as the first annual San Francisco to Spinner Island race gets underway September 11th. The new 40 mile run will feature all Big Boat Series classes, IRC, BAMA, Melges 32's, Moore 24's and any other class with 5 boats or more. Everything from ULDB Maxis, multihulls to skiffs can enter. The Farm Door Trophy will be presented for first to finish, Il Moro Trophy for first monohull, the Sausalito Cup for first on corrected and class trophies for 5 or more boats. Former America's Cup sailor John Sweeney who ran the Challenge-Series for Americas Cup Boats on San Francisco Bay created the new race to offer everyone a great R-rated party on his private Delta Island. You can do the race in just a few hours and party like rock stars with a great DJ and some amazing bikini clad help. The race is the perfect tune up for Big Boat Series and will be the best party of the summer featuring the Spinner Island girls.

The event will be managed by RegattaPRO. Entry fee is $75, limited to 250 boats so first come first serve. More details at RegattaPro.com. Download the notice of race and entry form from the links below:

Notice of Race (86kb pdf)

Entry Form (78kb pdf)

For further information, click here, and if you have any questions, contact: John Sweeney (415) 686-0907 or John@spinnerisland.com

Want to enter? Jump on it! ENTER THE RACE HERE.

People were asking about water depth. Not a problem.

I spoke to John Sweeney and he confirmed that the Montezuma Slough has a low tide depth of 12-14 feet. The slough is sand bottom and the depth is maintained within 20 feet of the levees. We have had all sorts of cruise ins, with race boats and we have sounded the channel. There is one area at the mouth we will mark on the left entering the slough. The dock itself has 14 feet at 0 tide. We will provide a detailed map regarding the finish area and depths prior to the race.

For those who were looking for a chart of the waters in the slough and surrounding Spinner Island...

Spinner_depth_map.jpg

spinner island - it's not even delta proper - it's across the river from pittsburg even - jeez

What happens when 250 of the World's fastest sailboats start downwind at the same time and race to a private island in the Delta?
The same thing as the Delta Ditch only earlier in the day? What do I win? Curious if the 250 'claimed' boats will materialize. Another trip down the delta, I'm in. New Downwind ratings will be in effect !

Calling: "keeper of ones own illusion"..... you in with me or what?

What happens when 250 of the World's fastest sailboats start downwind at the same time and race to a private island in the Delta?
The same thing as the Delta Ditch only earlier in the day? What do I win? Curious if the 250 'claimed' boats will materialize. Another trip down the delta, I'm in. New Downwind ratings will be in effect !

Boats are already signing up including FARR 40...Mr Voss no less... who's with them?!

http://regattalog.com/regpro/spinner You will be able to see who is entered in the right column....

Will there be rum?? Yea Im in!!

Just remember ……………………………

I AM WAR DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might need back up.

Will there be rum?? Yea Im in!!

Just remember ……………………………

I AM WAR DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might need back up.

Always got your back Dawg.... Idaho spud guns makes for some great fun... ;)

Guys,

We're already thought of as sexist, elitist, idiots. This kind of marketing won't help the sport at all.

Guys,

We're already thought of as sexist, elitist, idiots. This kind of marketing won't help the sport at all.

Great parties with pretty girls are what made the Hobie Cat class rock. Make the sport of sailing more about the people than it is the boats and you will see events that understand this thrive.

Guys,

Great parties with pretty girls are what made the Hobie Cat class rock. Make the sport of sailing more about the people than it is the boats and you will see events that understand this thrive.

In the Hobie Cat class, were the pretty girls sailors or girlfriends of sailors, or were they paid models?

About how many Spinner Girls will be at the event? The NOR is silent on this point.

Oh, and do you need judges for the bikini contest?

You know what will help our sport?

Kids. Getting them interested and keeping them interested through their teens.

The 4 B's will sell anything.

Booze, Babes, Boats, and well, use your imaginations.

Guys,

In the Hobie Cat class, were the pretty girls sailors or girlfriends of sailors, or were they paid models?

About how many Spinner Girls will be at the event? The NOR is silent on this point.

Oh, and do you need judges for the bikini contest?

Bo Derek was one of them.

Not sure on judges...what are your qualifications?

:rolleyes:

I can also help out with that job!!

:ph34r:

Bo Derek... that's cool. Will she be at the spinner event? But she is a sailor, and I remember seeing some pics somewhere showing that she sailed really well!

As for my qualifications as a judge, I have been admiring and evaluating young ladies in bikinis since the mid-70s. And I am a new-media expert, being the proprietor of the Internet's leading mermaid-themed blog. And I asked first.

Thank you for your consideration.

Bo Derek... that's cool. Will she be at the spinner event? But she is a sailor, and I remember seeing some pics somewhere showing that she sailed really well!

As for my qualifications as a judge, I have been admiring and evaluating young ladies in bikinis since the mid-70s. And I am a new-media expert, being the proprietor of the Internet's leading mermaid-themed blog. And I asked first.

Bo's Dad actually worked for Hobie Cat. Pretty good lil sailor too. Oh, those were the days...let's bring those days back. Whaddya say?

Bo's Dad actually worked for Hobie Cat. Pretty good lil sailor too. Oh, those were the days...let's bring those days back. Whaddya say?

Yeah I heard that.

If Bo's in, I'm in. I bet she's still hot.

I am still willing to judge the contest even if Bo is not there.

Yeah I heard that.

We'll see what we can do...

Guys,

And what better way to dispell that myth than to prove once and for all that sailors read their "Swank Magazine" left to right,

tip their strippers, and get lil chubbies from bikini clad ladies dry humping their laps, just like everyone else?

Now for some male chauvanist pig jokes to prove we are all the same:

Q: What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?

A: Tell her to get back to work!

Women! You can't live with them... And you can't get them to dress up in those cute little Nazi outfits!

In the beginning, God created the earth and rested. Then God created Man and rested. Then God created Woman. Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.

Two hands, two hooters... God knew what he was doing!

How do you fix a woman's watch?

You don't, there's a clock on the oven!

Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%:

Wedding cake.

Do you know the punishment for bigamy?

Two mothers-in-law.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy

Yeah I heard that.

Hey Pogen-Look at the update.

The first ten entries are Bikini contest judges..Hurry up and enter already!

I don't mind crewing for this. I will even waive my daily. Expenses still need to be covered.

That can add up. Get a quote first.

I don't mind crewing for this. I will even waive my daily. Expenses still need to be covered.

Knowing his penchant for the fine arts, especially the ballet, there's no way an owner could pay his expenses.

Knowing his penchant for the fine arts, especially the ballet, there's no way an owner could pay his expenses.

Two words:

Larry Ellison

Larry, he could pay it...

Well, I know Marina the Mermaid, who puts on quite a show, but her travel expenses from the East Coast would have to be covered. Air-freighting that big tank of water for her will cost quite a bit, I imagine.

Any chance you can get said mermaids to attend?

Like this one, who might also be a SCOTW perhaps.

http://neversealand.downtothesea.org/2007/...a-knows-tiller/

+1 for Merketta the tiller goddess

as far as bringing Mermaids from the east coast, Just fast breeze and brine them. FEDEX will move her for $300 and I suspect Strip Club Junkie would go in Halves with me...

OHH Shit the Peckerheads are getting involved and planning a weekend of pure fuckery around this event now…………Mark you have unleashed a monster!!!!!

E-mails are a flying!

Did you hear of the new race…It looks like another scow run on September 11th.

http://www.spinnerisland.com/news.html

Sure does, Don't forget to tie the cooler to the boat this time !

I am afraid we may be looking at this the wrong way, although the E scow is a blast and turns heads (and rescue boats) wherever it goes, this may not be the right weapon for the job. First and foremost the E scow requires a sober crew, and is hard to operate at 3-4 times the DUI limit. Second, although fun to sail there is no work bench, and obviously that may be needed given the main challenge this race is likely to present. Third the Scow does not auto retrieve and thus presents logistical complications.

In short I think we can mount a formidable campaign relying on proven techniques and personnel. M. could provision lunch, powdered chicken. T. could organize the welcoming committee ( I am thinking girl on girl show). J. on damage control and correspondence. T. W. and M. could coordinate Hydration needs (no more that a half gallon of rum pre race this time). C. on tactics and keeping us off the mud and starting on the correct day. M. W. along for the ride and temporary photography. This venture would obviously be two brutal days of fighting for survival, but given team work I am confident we can rise to the challenge.

M,

I am warming to your way of thinking. You raise some valid points, especially with respect to shelter and keeping the crew safe from harm. Clearly sacrifice is required and I believe that we can all be counted on to do our duty, or at the very least root for the crewmember who is taking their turn doing their duty (no flash photograhy allowed). I can also offer to bring a beehive and dixie cups. They are required for each gybe. No exceptions.

Your idea to bring W is excellent. He has a strong background in engineering, structural analysis and friction reduction (think maiden oil). Plus, he has a burrito connection that cannot be excelled. C, with his recently removed eye can be a high value tactical advantage. If we study this from all angles, we can develop a fool (proof) plan.

I'm bringing W into the loop because I know he will have valuable insight.

J.

J, i appreciate that you notice some of my attributes but may i be the first to point out that the hole crew is a bunch of deranged fuckups and maybe this is why we have such a deep understanding of one another. i should be the photographer because i still use film and have not had any developed in years so i can offer a hole nuther layer of deniability for u sensitive souls.

da w.

OHH Shit the Peckerheads are getting involved and planning a weekend of pure fuckery around this event now…………Mark you have unleashed a monster!!!!!

E-mails are a flying!

Did you hear of the new race…It looks like another scow run on September 11th.

http://www.spinnerisland.com/news.html

Sure does, Don't forget to tie the cooler to the boat this time !

I am afraid we may be looking at this the wrong way, although the E scow is a blast and turns heads (and rescue boats) wherever it goes, this may not be the right weapon for the job. First and foremost the E scow requires a sober crew, and is hard to operate at 3-4 times the DUI limit. Second, although fun to sail there is no work bench, and obviously that may be needed given the main challenge this race is likely to present. Third the Scow does not auto retrieve and thus presents logistical complications.

In short I think we can mount a formidable campaign relying on proven techniques and personnel. M. could provision lunch, powdered chicken. T. could organize the welcoming committee ( I am thinking girl on girl show). J. on damage control and correspondence. T. W. and M. could coordinate Hydration needs (no more that a half gallon of rum pre race this time). C. on tactics and keeping us off the mud and starting on the correct day. M. W. along for the ride and temporary photography. This venture would obviously be two brutal days of fighting for survival, but given team work I am confident we can rise to the challenge.

M,

I am warming to your way of thinking. You raise some valid points, especially with respect to shelter and keeping the crew safe from harm. Clearly sacrifice is required and I believe that we can all be counted on to do our duty, or at the very least root for the crewmember who is taking their turn doing their duty (no flash photograhy allowed). I can also offer to bring a beehive and dixie cups. They are required for each gybe. No exceptions.

Your idea to bring W is excellent. He has a strong background in engineering, structural analysis and friction reduction (think maiden oil). Plus, he has a burrito connection that cannot be excelled. C, with his recently removed eye can be a high value tactical advantage. If we study this from all angles, we can develop a fool (proof) plan.

I'm bringing W into the loop because I know he will have valuable insight.

J.

J, i appreciate that you notice some of my attributes but may i be the first to point out that the hole crew is a bunch of deranged fuckups and maybe this is why we have such a deep understanding of one another. i should be the photographer because i still use film and have not had any developed in years so i can offer a hole nuther layer of deniability for u sensitive souls.

da w.

We of course would never endorse the drinking of alcoholic beverages while operating a vessel on the state of California waterways. In fact (Seriously) Sail the BAGEEZERS out of your boat. Get there early and then let the fun begin...Just a suggestion.

13 reasons War Dog's getting weak in the knees about attending this event.

1. He's not 21 yet and won't be for another 25 years.

2. There's no jail close for him confirm reservations for the night.

3. Can't keep his powdered chicken or medicine dry.

4. There's no decent place to eat pie. :o

5. He's got tickets to the Giant's Baseball game with his puppy.

6. The entertainment won't go home with him. :angry:

7. If he chooses to swim back & goes the wrong way, he'll ends up on another unpopulated island or Pittsburg.

8. His Mama taught him, if he breaks it, he bought it. (He can't afford that much plastic & silicone)

9. His stamina is down being he hasn't been working out.

10. There won't be enough RUM.

11. He's afraid Mrs. WD is going to find out the truth, see pictures & new scars on his ass from the BBQ.

12. He's scared, old habits are hard to brake. (Remember WD, Rehab is for quitters!)

13. And if Tangles drives the Scow again we’ll never make it.

All mentioned above is true and I have pictures to prove it or I'm not a Peckerhead!!! :ph34r:

Someone had to do it...See ya there!

1. He's not 21 yet and won't be for another 25 years.You are only as old as you feel!!

2. There's no jail close for him confirm reservations for the night.I have never needed reservations for jail before why start now?

3. Can't keep his powdered chicken or medicine dry.. Not true I have an excellent dry bag but tell you the stash is wet to keep you from OD’ing

4. There's no decent place to eat pie. :o Now you want to bring up BBS from like 198?. If it wasn’t for me and my military ID we would both be in jail still.

5. He's got tickets to the Giant's Baseball game with his puppy.Nope but if you have tickets I have been thinking about taking him to a game.

6. The entertainment won't go home with him. :angry: You got me here!! But I am not about to quit trying!

7. If he chooses to swim back & goes the wrong way, he'll ends up on another unpopulated island or Pittsburg.Hey!! I haven’t swam home from a YC party ……….lately..... Once again bring up 80’s stuff from SSC

8. His Mama taught him, if he breaks it, he bought it. (He can't afford that much plastic & silicone)I would be more concerned about the clean up of the toxic waste along the shore line. My beat up old Laser with 4 broken masts and a spin is worth more!!

9. His stamina is down being he hasn't been working out.Got you there PH been working out along with the diet…….some.

10. There won't be enough RUM.Is there ever ENOUGH???? Damm lightweights :blink:

11. He's afraid Mrs. WD is going to find out the truth, see pictures & new scars on his ass from the BBQ. Well that could be a problem but some chicks dig BBQ scars trust me!!

12. He's scared, old habits are hard to brake. (Remember WD, Rehab is for quitters!)

Winners never quit and quitters never win!

13. And if Tangles drives the Scow again we’ll never make it.And now the truth finally comes out I will go but you CAN’T drive your own boat I really don’t think Dorado wants to spend all day following us around wait for you to sink it again!!

All mentioned above is true and I have pictures to prove it or I'm not a Peckerhead!!! :ph34r:

You are most definitely a PECKERHEAD!!!

1. He's not 21 yet and won't be for another 25 years.You are only as old as you feel!!

2. There's no jail close for him confirm reservations for the night.I have never needed reservations for jail before why start now?

3. Can't keep his powdered chicken or medicine dry.. Not true I have an excellent dry bag but tell you the stash is wet to keep you from OD’ing

4. There's no decent place to eat pie. :o Now you want to bring up BBS from like 198?. If it wasn’t for me and my military ID we would both be in jail still.

5. He's got tickets to the Giant's Baseball game with his puppy.Nope but if you have tickets I have been thinking about taking him to a game.

6. The entertainment won't go home with him. :angry: You got me here!! But I am not about to quit trying!

7. If he chooses to swim back & goes the wrong way, he'll ends up on another unpopulated island or Pittsburg.Hey!! I haven’t swam home from a YC party ……….lately..... Once again bring up 80’s stuff from SSC

8. His Mama taught him, if he breaks it, he bought it. (He can't afford that much plastic & silicone)I would be more concerned about the clean up of the toxic waste along the shore line. My beat up old Laser with 4 broken masts and a spin is worth more!!

9. His stamina is down being he hasn't been working out.Got you there PH been working out along with the diet…….some.

10. There won't be enough RUM.Is there ever ENOUGH???? Damm lightweights :blink:

11. He's afraid Mrs. WD is going to find out the truth, see pictures & new scars on his ass from the BBQ. Well that could be a problem but some chicks dig BBQ scars trust me!!

13. And if Tangles drives the Scow again we’ll never make it.And now the truth finally comes out I will go but you CAN’T drive your own boat I really don’t think Dorado wants to spend all day following us around wait for you to sink it again!!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

3. Can't keep his powdered chicken or medicine dry.. Not true I have an excellent dry bag but tell you the stash is wet to keep you from OD'ing

4. There's no decent place to eat pie. :o Now you want to bring up BBS from like 198?. If it wasn't for me and my military ID we would both be in jail still.

7. If he chooses to swim back & goes the wrong way, he'll ends up on another unpopulated island or Pittsburg.Hey!! I haven't swam home from a YC party ……….lately..... Once again bring up 80's stuff from SSC

13. And if Tangles drives the Scow again we'll never make it.And now the truth finally comes out I will go but you CAN'T drive your own boat I really don't think Dorado wants to spend all day following us around wait for you to sink it again!!

14. WD is worried there are only two boats signed up at this time and if that's the case, he can't make a stelth getaway. :ph34r:

3. Can't keep his powdered chicken or medicine dry.. Not true I have an excellent dry bag but tell you the stash is wet to keep you from OD'ing

4. There's no decent place to eat pie. :o Now you want to bring up BBS from like 198?. If it wasn't for me and my military ID we would both be in jail still.

7. If he chooses to swim back & goes the wrong way, he'll ends up on another unpopulated island or Pittsburg.Hey!! I haven't swam home from a YC party ……….lately..... Once again bring up 80's stuff from SSC

13. And if Tangles drives the Scow again we'll never make it.And now the truth finally comes out I will go but you CAN'T drive your own boat I really don't think Dorado wants to spend all day following us around wait for you to sink it again!!

14. WD is worried there are only two boats signed up at this time and if that's the case, he can't make a stelth getaway. :ph34r:

Not worried about the number of entries 8 months+ before the event. Now, if this were August...Maybe.

Ae they spopnsors of the event??

peckerhead.jpg

Is this boat registered yet?

bronson_arroyo_boat_bikini_party_31.jpg

Ae they spopnsors of the event??

peckerhead.jpg

Is this boat registered yet?

bronson_arroyo_boat_bikini_party_31.jpg

No. Please send the skippers name and address and I will pay their entry fee myself if necessary...

Will there be divisions for Bayliners and pontoon boats?

Will there be divisions for Bayliners and pontoon boats?

Yes, as a matter of fact there are but they must be raced by all women crews that also pass the pinky test.

The ProSail 40 Shadow just entered the San Fran- Spinner Island race. Will they be first to finish or will Larry Ellison bring DoG-Zilla? Could Ernesto pass up a chance like this to party with girls that are as hot as his wife? WEill his wife be a contestant in the bikini contest.

Who else will challenge for the first to finish trophy?

spinner island - it's not even delta proper - it's across the river from pittsburg even - jeez

Two pickets to Tittsburg? :blink:

or will Larry Ellison bring DoG-Zilla?

um....no

Carquinez Bridge clearance 45 meters (148 ft)

or will Larry Ellison bring DoG-Zilla?

um....no

Carquinez Bridge clearance 45 meters (148 ft)

You haven't been to the BMWO site lately have you?

SHORT_RIG_wing_rig_bmw_oracle.jpg