Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

otwabandanaman

More Wings And Cocktails Tonight

Tonight we have another installment of wing talk with more designers and C racers. It is unbelievable how much interest there is in the wing and our shows! In the press room, people are watching the show to the point where some were being turned away. Stay tuned because we definitely weren't done last night before we were ran out of there. I think we'll need security soon to keep certain ramblers off the set!

Great work, you guys were right, the SA Cocktail Hours are the best part of the coverage so far, especially with no racing!

Who is the surprise guest tonight?

What's the back story on Cam Lewis, why does Clean want to bounce him? Is he a jackass, or he been dissin' SA?

OTW TEAM - Please give us some stories about the scene. In absence of sailing, some more info about ANYTHING would be nice.

Genny is a good writer, can we ask for more stories from her please? What's it like to be working with SA?

Great work, you guys were right, the SA Cocktail Hours are the best part of the coverage so far, especially with no racing!

Who is the surprise guest tonight?

What's the back story on Cam Lewis, why does Clean want to bounce him? Is he a jackass, or he been dissin' SA?

OTW TEAM - Please give us some stories about the scene. In absence of sailing, some more info about ANYTHING would be nice.

Genny is a good writer, can we ask for more stories from her please? What's it like to be working with SA?

[/quote

No back story on Cam, he just stopped by for a little talking.

We'll try to bring more stories on the scene. We're going to the BMW/Oracle presser now, and I'm sure we'll have plenty to say about it.

The Cocktail Hour will be an hour earlier today so we don't get kicked out before we're done. We basically have the same guys as last night, and likely another key BMW/Oracle designer. If any Anarchists have questions for the team or the guests bring em on!

Cannot wait, I watched the whole C Class discussion this morning, and it was very cool.

Gotta ask the designer...

What would we be surprised that the wing can do. What surprised you?

opinions about the canceled races........they must have them??? follow up : in their professional opinions, is A5 so fragile that 16kt. winds and 1.5 meter waves are dangerous and/or put at a major disadvantage vs. USA17. Why build a boat with such narrow limits??

Awesome Cocktail Hr last night, agree with the above you should try get Cam L back in if possible, he's good.

We were out on the water today and damn it looked good weather for a race. Rumor here right now is there could be fireworks in 30 minutes from now at the VV, question is if they could not get the race off today... then when?? BOR is pissed, even if they are being diplomatic so far.

I'm trying to watch yesterday's Cocktail Hour in my appartment in Valencia and the stop/start is unbearable; word of advice to the camera man - stop panning! Every time he does so the download freezes for 5 secs, and he pans a lot.

For the Lo-Fi viewers can we get a non panning feed; stills with high quality sound would be acceptable.

It's a global audience and we might have been fllling the time with drinking so please be specific on your time zones

It's CET. 5:00 GMT, 12:00 noon EST.

It's a global audience and we might have been fllling the time with drinking so please be specific on your time zones

It's CET. 5:00 GMT, 12:00 noon EST.

thanks

Having just listened to Zerogradinord.it's recording of the HB sesssion (which was crystal clear) you should really consider an audio-only format. Please.

Edit - viewing current Cocktail Hour currently, sounds great and panning seems greatly reduced, but still freezes: suggest high quality video + audio-only feed as alternate.

Outstanding, really at another level to what we've all seen and heard before

Worth staying up for till 2am .. think positive without the legal BS we wouldn't be loking at the technology and without the delay we wouldn't have this build up

Loving the coverage, but man could you guys use a bit of improvement in your mic use. Sometimes we can't hear what your guests are saying because of 'off camera' conversations ("Who's Tim, that's Tim, can we ask you to leave so our last guest can sit it', etc etc).

Keep up the job though guys, love it.

On Friday try to find Robbie Daniels, he'll be around watching, he is one of US's top cat sailors.

Cocktail sessions are interesting.

I generally think Clean's an arse.

But his activities have kept a focus that is informative.

It might be self-serving (it's part of his job) but nevertheless I'm grateful.

He also can be funny.

I'm surprised his questioning is not as penetrative as his SA profile.

Espeially with the respected PRO's interview.

Of course the sailing activities are crap.

I guess this shouldn't surprise, though.

Just come back from the pub and am now going to catch up on tonight's Clean's Cocktails.

I just hope FFS the boats get a start on Friday.

Even if there's a blizzard.

I've only raced Lasers in driving snow and sleet (albeit with a drysuit) never cruiser/racers (oh yeh, a Scampi once).

But if I can do that well into my 60s, Jimmy the Spit and Larry the Elf can do it 30' above the spray.

Arsenal have just scored against Liverpool in the 75th minute.

There is a god.

There'll be good racing on Friday in bad weather, trust me ...