Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Friday 12 February Daily

11:44And that shift is increasing now offshore where the committee boat is, wind is 270 degrees and 6 knots....looking better all the time in terms of the forecast. The teams both looked to be really up for it when they left the dock this morning, certainly no one looking like it was a dress rehearsal. So as the breeze gets round to where it is expected, tensions will start to rise few notches on board. Of course there is a huge wealth of Cup racing experience on board both boats. The balance of actual America's Cup match experience is with Alinghi. Ooops, the breeze is back to 300 degrees at the committee boat, which is still about 8 miles offshore

On the car ride over yesterday, Clean imparted some knowledge on the current debacle. It's on my cam, so the vid is not the greatest, but I gotta tell you, it's goood! JC

Needs to brush up on the F1,

Bernie owns the Show

Briatore Ran a team until he got caught race fixing and was quasi-banned from the sport last year. But he was big pimpin' up until then.

They're moving the top mark to be more in line with what the wind is doing NOW

Looks like they want to be proactive rather than reactive. It certainly shows some serious drive to go sailing!

So the postponement is signalled on cue. SI 5.7 states After a long postponement, to alert boats that a race will begin soon, the Race Committee will advise both boats by safety radio approximately 15 minutes before a Warning Signal is displayed. Mar...

The race committee better not fuck this up again.....

They can't control the bloody wind/waves can they? Done much PRO have you?

O.k. reading twitter or scrolling down old school forum software is a nightmare so I put the twitter feed on a dedicated AC 33 live feed here.

Just leave it on a tab in IE or firefox and it will run on autopilot you can hear the typewriter if a new entry is made

If you don´t like it I can kill it in 5min.

http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php/opti...t=550/width=470

They're moving the top mark to be more in line with what the wind is doing NOW

Looks like they want to be proactive rather than reactive. It certainly shows some serious drive to go sailing!

What TF, a positive comment. The B team supporters on this thread could learn something from this!

update: heard from the inside at BMW that the wind is at least starting to come from the right direction, and we we could possibly see the race within the next 45 mins to an hour.

-G

The race committee better not fuck this up again.....

They can't control the bloody wind/waves can they? Done much PRO have you?

the breeze has been reasonably settled for the last 3 hours dipshit, it could have been run and won by now.. As for the waves, gee, they look scary

ESPN have just come on to say it has been postponed until Sunday. No sailing today. Anybody confirm this?

O.k. reading twitter or scrolling down old school forum software is a nightmare so I put the twitter feed on a dedicated AC 33 live feed here.

Just leave it on a tab in IE or firefox and it will run on autopilot you can hear the typewriter if a new entry is made

No worky here

ESPN have just come on to say it has been postponed until Sunday. No sailing today. Anybody confirm this?

They're a couple of hours early!! I would say. :D:P

Magnum can you add BMWORACLE2010 and alinghiteam?

thx

ESPN In New Zealand Just switched over to Valencia broadcast then said Racing posponed until Sunday. WTF

Perhaps they don't understand the difference between Abandoned and postponed-while-we-set-the-course...

Anyone else's wife starting to laugh at them for getting up in in the middle of the night to wait for NOTHING to happen!

yeah, just after the dude said "BMX oracle" :lol: quality show that.

11:56

So the postponement is signalled on cue. SI 5.7 states After a long postponement, to alert boats that a race will begin soon, the Race Committee will advise both boats by safety radio approximately 15 minutes before a Warning Signal is displayed. Mark 1 is being moved.

http://www.americascup.com/en/regate/regar...ourse/show.html

Anyone else's wife starting to laugh at them for getting up in in the middle of the night to wait for NOTHING to happen!

Mine sure is..........

Hopefully they will start today and I'll be able to laugh at her for missing it.

When was the last time you got excited about racing in 6 kts of breeze? Well, finally at least.

What feed is working best for folks? The AC33 stream seems more choppy than it was on Monday and Wednesday.

Why are they broadcasting a shot from shore rather than on the water? And why no voice commentary if we're really gonna go?

Yea, wife and two kids laughing thier asses off while having breakfast. Pretty sad really!

Not right at the moment as she is sleeping... but if nothing happens tonight then she will be tomorrow.

Their just the same on this side of the world as well

No, but my boss is a bit fed up with me refreshing websites at my desk.

Mind you, it was only yesterday he told me in my apprailal that he appreciated my work/life balance!

12:18

The current new position for mark 1 is 39°31´0780 N 00°01´4380 so the mark has been moved NE slightly. Wind is 230 degrees at 5 kts at the Committee Boat and 200 degrees and 6 knots at the mark. Alinghi have not lost an America's Cup race since 26 June 2007 when they were beaten by 25 seconds by Emirates Team New Zealand. Overall aggregate record over 2003 and 2007 Cup is 10-2.

Thats funny. :D

I'm lucky its just after 9pm for me and still enjoying a beer

So it's 3:30 in the goddamn morning, I'm at the hospital with my daughter who has pneumonia asleep in a bed 5 feet away.

And I'm trying to watch a sailboat race for the third time this week..

Yes, I think I have problem.

baby is up and wife is asleep!

kinda like my dad waking me up in '87 to watch ESPN, but my baby is only 1 and could care less!

So it's 3:30 in the goddamn morning, I'm at the hospital with my daughter who has pneumonia asleep in a bed 5 feet away.

how's she doing mike?

hope you get a well daughter, and a race.....

Magnum can you add BMWORACLE2010 and alinghiteam?

thx

is it there twitter name ? or something else ?

Based on the AC33 site commentary the shifts are still pretty big out there. Now at 200 at the top and 230 at the bottom. And weak.

12:18

The current new position for mark 1 is 39°31´0780 N 00°01´4380 so the mark has been moved NE slightly. Wind is 230 degrees at 5 kts at the Committee Boat and 200 degrees and 6 knots at the mark. Alinghi have not lost an America's Cup race since 26 June 2007 when they were beaten by 25 seconds by Emirates Team New Zealand. Overall aggregate record over 2003 and 2007 Cup is 10-2.

12:25

.....and now WW1 wind reported at 135° speed 3 knots and at committee boat 185° 5 knots..

how's she doing mike?

She's doing better, thanks! She just got admitted tonight and they plan on keeping her here for a few days. It was rough earlier

today but the fever has peaked I think. She's a trooper!

Good luck with that.

Sun is thinking about coming up here, the postponements make it almost reasonable.

I'm going for the 5th to post it

Race start 1245

Edit, fucked that up!

this will suck if it's a drift fest

12:25.....and now WW1 wind reported at 135° speed 3 knots and at committee boat 185° 5 knots...reports suggest the TV planes have been scrambled now so confidence that this race will happen is growing... [from AC33 feed}

FFS, when does 3 kts and huge shift instill confidence?

Well, if A5 has "it's conditions" these are exactly their conditions.

Shifts won't be the cause of a delay or abandonment unless BOR leading...mark my words.

Is she ever!!

Funny thing My Wife { Who just woke up and asked if I am pulling a all nighter/ Yes I am,late wings game} got to the point of understanding "no one in the world should pay any attention to this farce". The one trick Big money boats, The little boys who own them,The way the once great Cup is now a Bad Joke. She realy understands AND could care less!

Hope she's doing OK, and hopefuly you'll get to watch a race to take your mind off it...

My wifes fast asleep while I'm sitting here with my eyeballs falling out (00:30 here), but then she does have to get up early for work, probably as I'm going to bed at this rate...

talk is of live coverage to start at 1245 local this does not necessary equate to a race start ..................

She's doing better, thanks! She just got admitted tonight and they plan on keeping her here for a few days. It was rough earlier

today but the fever has peaked I think. She's a trooper!

Been there too thoughts to y'all

this will suck if it's a drift fest

At 3 to 4 time TWS it does not take much! I am a light air Freak,LOVE THE STUFF!!!!! No bashing around at 35+ today!! But Who cares as long as the Start Flag drops!

That started Monday.

from the crawl under BOR stream

** Promising but unconfirmed start at the top of the hour 1300 **

looks like the cup website feed is out on the water now

GAME ON!!!

Looks like we could get a race!!

Steady on old boy.

Wow, this is exciting.

Hey, is that some FRESH PAINT over there!!!!!!!!!

Quick, get the camera.......

Winever

did you see the guy staggering across the bmwo aft beam with the beer cooler?

from the crawl under BOR stream

** Promising but unconfirmed start at the top of the hour 1300 **

now this....

** Bad news sorry... the start looks less likely than it did 30 mins ago **

Rock on.

Is the feed from BOR any more steady now than that from the AC33 site which is buffering a lot?

BMWOracle ticker: Bad news sorry.... the start looks less likely than it did 30 min ago

At the same time Andy Green from the water is saying we look good to go.