Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Friday 12 February Daily

start on the hr

edit

10 past

LE to the shore

It's pretty obvious that Alinghi want to go and BMWO aren't that keen in this wind. A5 are the ones sailing around and throwing tacks in, trying to make it look like good conditions and BMWO are the ones sitting there. could be quite telling.

I am assuming that www.livestream.com/bmworacleracing is just playing a repeat of the dockout show - does anyone recommend a good online viewer that is live? The one on the BMW Oracle site is stop/start for me...

Not sure, dude. The BMWO stream is super smooth for me, with really good comments from Andy Green too.

Try Justin.tv.

amazing how BOR have still not done any warmup...!

Hiding.... or hiding something? We know A5 likes this wind, what about USA?

amazing how BOR have still not done any warmup...!

Hiding.... or hiding something? We know A5 likes this wind, what about USA?

Well, it's always been said that A5 is faster in this stuff. I guess we're going to find out.

If A5 pisses off into the distance, I hope the wind craps out and the race is canned.

13:37

AP flag will come down at 1359hrs, warning signal at 1400hrs. Wind WW1 mark is 175° at 6 knots and at the committee boat it is 185° wind speed 7 knots. Looks like we will get Race 1 of the 33rd America's Cup under way. Practice races have previously taken between 2.5 and 3.5 hours on this Deed of Gift race. USA 17 have now unrolled their jib.

One look at how much water the dolphin striker moves when the boat pitches and it's very easy to understand why they can't race in anything over a 3 foot wave.

Watch how much water USA 17's center hull moves when it touches the water. And usually when waves are up, both boats will be on one hull anyhow.

I wonder if the fact that it's A5 conditions might mean that there is more reason for Jimmy to try and enter with a downwind sail up and try to get a penalty pre-start?

F-Flag at 1400 local. Both running around with their jibs out. I got sweaty hands.

F-Flag at 1400 local. Both running around with their jibs out. I got sweaty hands.

I have a meeting in 35 minutes...I am so unhappy...and another in 2 hours...

Getting schoolgirl giddy here in Dallas under 8 inches of snow!!!

Got butterflies, any'd think it was me on the boat...

Alinghi stated that at 8 minutes before the signal, they pack the communication equipment in waterproof containers and throw it over board or hand it to the support boats.

I think this is what we just saw when they slowed down and the rib got very close.

I wish this computer had flash player- bloody IT department, it's almost as if they expect us to do work....

13:51

USA 17 have a big 'downwind' headsail up, Mast man Matt Mason confirmed yesterday that skipper-helm James Spithill was fired up to go for a penalty on Alinghi 5 if at all possible.

AP still up .............................

13:57

Conditions could not be better, 2 minutes to the AP down. Ten minutes to the start after that. The final coordinates of the WW1 mark is 39°29´9590N / 00°03´0580 E. AP flag has remained up so the planned start schedule is delayed. Breeze has dropped a little but both boats still making over ten knots.

http://multimedia33.americascup.com/ticker/en/index_1.html

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@phase4.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at bmworacleracing.com Port 80

You figure oracle could host a frigging feed with 7000 users

Somebody kick Harold in his nuts.

why? not his fault the wind fecked of.

Because both boats are still flying hulls and the race should get going already....it is NEVER going to be perfect

Got a feeling this was a massive cock tease and we're not racing today.

Agreed, I'm having deja vu that I dated the AC in High School.

Sunset at 6:34 local, dark at 7?

I wonder if this isn't the hole they were talking about in the middle of the course making its way down to the start area?

That's turning out to be a real farce...

I've been following the AC since 1964. If they don't stop pissing about and let them sail soon they can stick the whole affair up Howards perfectly formed arse.

Alinghi sure does look faster in this stuff than BMWO...could be a bad day for Spithill and the boys....

+1 Unfortunately.

iF Bennet was not a f#wit arse clown, we would be nearing the first mark if start within 10 of settled shift. these moFo Zillas are flying hulls & Bennet says not enough wind..sheesh !

The perfect is the enemy of the good

iF Bennet was not a f#wit arse clown, we would be nearing the first mark if start within 10 of settled shift. these moFo Zillas are flying hulls & Bennet says not enough wind..sheesh !

WTF!? Let's get it on

The apparent wind angle makes it so hard to work out what point they are sailing :huh:

They keep doing big turns to windward from what looks like close hauled & I'm expecting to see a tack but then they just keep turning through 90+ degrees without luffing.

I was asleep at the key board UNTILL I heard AP to drop , NO WAY can I sleep now! DROP THE FLAG!!

oracle doesn't want to race????? come people, where is the will race in anything of spithill from a couple of days ago?

stop drinking the koolaid

let's get this going

It's just like that scene in Wind! :lol:

MSG it's never that calm off Freo this time of the year. Fremantle best venue for any AC EVER!!!