Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Sunday 14 February Daily

Clean, are you hearing anything about the AC 34 possibly being held in the US if BWO win? For the longest time Larry has been saying it would be in Valencia, but in the last week or so it seems like there has been a little hedging on that.

No one has said shit diverq. But we'll be asking after the racing of course.

UPDATE Jimmy Spithill interview will be MONDAY, so get your questions in on the other thread.

No one has said shit diverq. But we'll be asking after the racing of course.

Actually....Clean...listen to your own interview with Marcus Young.

He's the only one that slipped.

Can't one of you guys ask the AmCup press people point blank where the videos of the post race press conferences are and why they're not up?

Can't one of you guys ask the AmCup press people point blank where the videos of the post race press conferences are and why they're not up?

Adequate audio: http://www.zerogradinord.net/vela/americas...ze-post-regata/

Clean: For those of us who are getting up at 4AM and other ungodly hours.... can you please post what you hear is expected for tomorrow AM before you sign off for the night? Just so we know wether or not to assemble friends and fans and at what time to watch race two? Call me gunshy after two misques....

It's already been postponed 2 hours. From where I sit it soesn't look like there'll be much racing going on at all. I'll get up at 5:45 to cement this judgement and then I'll go back to bed.

Clean: For those of us who are getting up at 4AM and other ungodly hours.... can you please post what you hear is expected for tomorrow AM before you sign off for the night? Just so we know wether or not to assemble friends and fans and at what time to watch race two? Call me gunshy after two misques....

Hear ya twurts. At the moment it is looking a bit iffy but we'll get you what we can.

a

btw VPLP has rescheduled with us either tomorrow (if no racing) or Monday if racing tomorrow. If monday then we get both Marc and Vincent, maybe for the first time in English, should be a blast.

The "home" of the America's Cup is the UK - anyone else can keep it however, I don't give a shit.

The home of the "100 Guinea Cup" was the UK. BTW, didn't Larry buy a Vanderbilt estate in Newport recently?

The "home" of the America's Cup is the UK - anyone else can keep it however, I don't give a shit.

The home of the "100 Guinea Cup" was the UK. BTW, didn't Larry buy a Vanderbilt estate in Newport recently?

wasn't the "100 Guinea Cup" originally in Sicily ?

wasn't the "100 Guinea Cup" originally in Sicily ?

Sicilly? :huh:

Actually, it appears that the cup had no name until it was won, in fact its only name has been the America's Cup.

Interesting brief history of the Cup, the yacht America, and the original race, directly from the source.

http://www.rys.org.uk/index.php?option=com...9&Itemid=51

I love this quote- "It was initially proposed that the cup be melted down and souvenirs made for the America syndicate members - which would have saved much trouble and many fortunes! "

I have a new story up on my site that explains the plan for the next couple days.

JohnCaseyWorldwide

INCLUDES HOTTIES!!

I went to your site and this is the only plan I found for the next few days:

My quest tomorrow morning before racing is to interview as many hotties as possible because I’ve been trapped in the black box of journalism.

Did I miss something? 22 seconds of drunken video left me wishing you luck for capturing something more satisfying. Those girls were pretty fucking ugly. Beer goggles?

bring the live video stream up, mute the old school, and bring up the On The Water Anarchy and turn up the volume.

I dig SA's coverage of the Cup, especially the interviews, cocktail hours and most importantly, THE FORUMS where all the best info about the AC is concentrated. But the live race commentary from the bar was all wrong. If I was in a bar myself I guess it might work but being at home at 6am, it was just painful. I'm as tired of old Jobbo as the next guy, but comments from his bunker were easier to listen to than SA's bartalk. You went on mute when you asked the bar crowd to cheer.

The live chat with other fans on the SA OTWA page was great, with the drunken melee covered by the SA AC forum and Justin.tv sound on MUTE.

Looking forward to your next interviews. Should I feel ignorant that I don't know who the fuck VPLP, Marc and Vincent are? It almost sounds like Club Membership is needed to follow the who's who.

Where's the dope on Petey's mangled face?

VPLP= Van Petegham Laurent Prevost (sp?)

They're the mutts nuts of multihull design.

Thanks. Google took me to their site and my jaw is dropping as I blush from revealing my ignorance for the world to see. :rolleyes:

Back to the subject: I'm doing a wind dance for Sunday. Much better to watch on the weekend.

I have a new story up on my site that explains the plan for the next couple days.

JohnCaseyWorldwide

INCLUDES HOTTIES!!

My quest tomorrow morning before racing is to interview as many hotties as possible because I’ve been trapped in the black box of journalism.

Did I miss something? 22 seconds of drunken video left me wishing you luck for capturing something more satisfying. Those girls were pretty fucking ugly. Beer goggles?

bring the live video stream up, mute the old school, and bring up the On The Water Anarchy and turn up the volume.

I dig SA's coverage of the Cup, especially the interviews, cocktail hours and most importantly, THE FORUMS where all the best info about the AC is concentrated. But the live race commentary from the bar was all wrong. If I was in a bar myself I guess it might work but being at home at 6am, it was just painful. I'm as tired of old Jobbo as the next guy, but comments from his bunker were easier to listen to than SA's bartalk. You went on mute when you asked the bar crowd to cheer.

The live chat with other fans on the SA OTWA page was great, with the drunken melee covered by the SA AC forum and Justin.tv sound on MUTE.

Looking forward to your next interviews. Should I feel ignorant that I don't know who the fuck VPLP, Marc and Vincent are? It almost sounds like Club Membership is needed to follow the who's who.

Skippy! , I knew we'd hear more amazingly accurate and intelligent comments for you before race day...at least you didnt ask "where's the race footage?"

First off.... you need to quit cappin on my girls, do us a favor get your girl a sugar cube and a bucket of apples and let her run some laps around the track...I digress...but seriously where is it a bad plan to interview girls at the AC site before the coverage starts? Really, do us another solid, get a bigger bowl next time you head to supercuts before you and secretariat hit up the mall for an orange julius and stop by the glamor shots kiosk.

also my guess is you have indeed been to the bar by yourself so, pull your pants up to your chest, tighten that belt, tuck in that shirt and venture out of your moms basement, order yourself a smirnoff ice and kick back and watch the show.....

as far as not knowing who VPLP is and you ignorance...i think we've already touched on that before....

perhaps you are more suited for jobo's coverage, although I dont want you to leave..you provide too much entertainment. You are like the retarded kid in class that doesnt know he's retarded..you just keep on smilin and walkin up to the the jock so he can rip your underoos over your head and rinse that bowl cut off in the urinal....ps that aint a breath mint.

see you soon skippy.

VPLP= Van Petegham Laurent Prevost (sp?)

They're the mutts nuts of multihull design.

Thanks. Google took me to their site and my jaw is dropping as I blush from revealing my ignorance for the world to see. :rolleyes:

Back to the subject: I'm doing a wind dance for Sunday. Much better to watch on the weekend.

Revealing your ignorance just isn't enough. I'd ask you to come help with everything that involves putting this together, but I doubt you're smart enough to make it to the airport, tool. The interview with Virtual Eye is coming up soon, as well as an interview with the owner of Mascalzone Latino. So maybe you should Google both of them before you rear your empty bobble head again.

I am glad I was watching the BMWO feed for the prestart Friday. Just saw the Justin TV version from in the bar and Jenny was great - useful commentary that made sense from a match racing prestart stand point. Who the fuck is the other guy? Could he sound any more ignorant? Please just STFU and let Jenny do the talking. Looking forward to tomorrow.

from my didnt sleep a wink perspective...outside looks like sailing weather...wake the fuck up and watch our show!

Or stay awake.

Morning team,

how about doing us a favour and staking out the official GGYC boats to see which other yacht clubs are represented by those getting on board.

Keep up the good work.

SC

were scramblin to load up and catch the BMOR dock time.......last time we and other media got jacked..but were plannin on campin out like riff randall trying to get tickets to the ramones show....ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL BABY!!

and if you dont know...now you know...

Four and a half, four and a half, four and a half hours to go, I want to be sedated doesn't seem to work

Soooo whats the fucking deal with the weather forcast???? Didn't SA send some monkeys with a laptop and a handycam to Spain or what??? Wake the fuck up Clean and drop us a line on the outlook.

Soooo whats the fucking deal with the weather forcast???? Didn't SA send some monkeys with a laptop and a handycam to Spain or what??? Wake the fuck up Clean and drop us a line on the outlook.

Light from the South sunny and flat.

Looking forward to seeing the racing today - having not watched race 1 live and read the reports before watching the re-runs I was reminded that it's best to make your own mind up about something rather than relying on the reports of others.

EDIT: Yup - love the "pokerface"

how many hours to the start??

Just left the USA 17 dockout with Thunderstruck playing loud! Wind SW at 10 right now, but a switch to NE at 7-8 is supposed to happen around one or so, so very nice racing.

how many hours to the start??

Just left the USA 17 dockout with Thunderstruck playing loud! Wind SW at 10 right now, but a switch to NE at 7-8 is supposed to happen around one or so, so very nice racing.

Morning all

Wha'ts the postponement status at the mo?

The Bruno Trouble Boogie ! Plus the quote of the regatta so far ... "One boat was flying the other boat was floating"

word is they're postponed another hour... until 1 or so our time.

little birdie says the next cup lots of ppl might be speaking Italian... at least if the good guys win today. considering the # of Latin Rascals we're seeing roaming around the BMW base today I think that's probably the case.

OTWA Interview With Vincenzo Onorato Layline 33rd America's Cup Anarchy From Valencia

He's just plainly a great guy.

Interview coming up with Judy (rennmaus) from Anarchychallenge.com and Jochim (Speedwatch) from sailinganarchy.de coming up in a minute.

We are going to set up shortly.

I've heard from a source in VLC that Grant Dalton has been hanging around the BOR base... most likely scenario i'd say

TheDailySail is mentioning that the strongest rumour is for BMWO legal-fight supporter Mascalzone (Vincenzo) is on board the Rising Sun (representing the Roma Yacht Club)

I've heard from a source in VLC that Grant Dalton has been hanging around the BOR base... most likely scenario i'd say

TheDailySail is mentioning that the strongest rumour is for BMWO legal-fight supporter Mascalzone (Vincenzo) is on board the Rising Sun (representing the Roma Yacht Club)

Wow - TDS is only a week behind us! (as usual)

dockout this morning:

100214_VLC6.jpg

My Virtual Eye is up now, and the boats are going only 4-5 knots out there about 3300 meters apart.

where can we find that?

I don't think you can. Check their site maybe you can download it. Only the one PC of all of us could take it - the rest of us are Macs.

Before I sign off to go to do the live show, the boats are sitting waiting for the start about 2700 meters apart. I wish we knew more about the wind out there right now.

Boats are about 1200 meters apart right now, going 5-6 knots away from each other on Virtual Eye

Where's the site for the Virtual Eye info please?

Where are you getting that vision Cat?

Secret Squirrel stuff.....

This John (I know a shitload about multis) Casey fella is really starting to piss me off. If you got a link to a Virual Eye setup... SHARE IT!

If it cant be shared then stop with the fucking teasing!

Anyone know WTF has happened to the UK coverage

First race was on Eurosport HD

Now there's nothing in my Sky planner at all WTF!!!!!!!

Goddamn winter olympics!

Eurosport said all along that they weren't going to stay beyond Friday, so it's internet only for us today, I'm afraid.

It's something to do with Damien Charisma-Bypass and his team having to go to Canada to cover the Winter Olympics. I don't think they put an awful lot of time or effort into their coverage to be honest.

JohnCaseyWorldwide

INCLUDES HOTTIES!!

My quest tomorrow morning before racing is to interview as many hotties as possible because I've been trapped in the black box of journalism.

Skippy! , I knew we'd hear more amazingly accurate and intelligent comments for you before race day...at least you didnt ask "where's the race footage?"

First off.... you need to quit cappin on my girls, do us a favor get your girl a sugar cube and a bucket of apples and let her run some laps around the track...I digress...but seriously where is it a bad plan to interview girls at the AC site before the coverage starts? Really, do us another solid, get a bigger bowl next time you head to supercuts before you and secretariat hit up the mall for an orange julius and stop by the glamor shots kiosk.

also my guess is you have indeed been to the bar by yourself so, pull your pants up to your chest, tighten that belt, tuck in that shirt and venture out of your moms basement, order yourself a smirnoff ice and kick back and watch the show.....

as far as not knowing who VPLP is and you ignorance...i think we've already touched on that before....

perhaps you are more suited for jobo's coverage, although I dont want you to leave..you provide too much entertainment. You are like the retarded kid in class that doesnt know he's retarded..you just keep on smilin and walkin up to the the jock so he can rip your underoos over your head and rinse that bowl cut off in the urinal....ps that aint a breath mint.

see you soon skippy.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that was quite harsh!............................but i still pissed myself laughing :D !

AP flag up is and so postponement is signalled. Breeze at ww1 is 325° blowing 3 knots and at mark 2, 280° 4-5 knots. So, very much as was expected by race officer Harold Bennett as he set out this morning.

www.americascup.com

Where are you getting that vision Cat?

Secret Squirrel stuff.....

This John (I know a shitload about multis) Casey fella is really starting to piss me off. If you got a link to a Virual Eye setup... SHARE IT!

If it cant be shared then stop with the fucking teasing!

Even I cant find that link...

MS

Whatever, I dont speak college smack but would it be too much for the team to at least put up a new found friend to fill us in while they set up?

Eurosport official schedule says start at 9:30 postponed to 12:00.

I think they will wait till it actually starts and then go live, the winter games stuff is all reruns right now anyway.

Q why are ac.com showing a static cam of the darcina when they could be showing a static of the boats on the course?

choppers and comms airforce don't fly till just before start

Pretty decent tech pressser from yesterday on BMWO right now

I think they will wait till it actually starts and then go live, the winter games stuff is all reruns right now anyway.

Hijack what happened on the Luge yesterday? Was watching today and they kept referring to a tragedy but no details. End hijack

Goddamn winter olympics!

Eurosport said all along that they weren't going to stay beyond Friday, so it's internet only for us today, I'm afraid.

It's something to do with Damien Charisma-Bypass and his team having to go to Canada to cover the Winter Olympics. I don't think they put an awful lot of time or effort into their coverage to be honest.

At least you got some coverage. The 33rd AC hasn't even made Australian national news yet. Mmmmmmmmm it is Australia.

Wind is very unstable during the transition phase perhaps because there is a little more heating on land than Friday. Breeze now is 5 knots at the gybe mark from 300 degrees, but there is much more conflict closer to the shore where the race committee are seeing 180 degree shifts and very, very little wind. And at the windward mark there is about 4 knots at 355 degrees.

www.americascup.com

Hijack what happened on the Luge yesterday? Was watching today and they kept referring to a tragedy but no details. End hijack

21 year old Georgian wiped out at the bottom of the course, hit a metal pole, and died. Very sad.

WetHog :ph34r:

sorry guys--had to move camps and all our stuff from the BMW base over to the bar we broadcast from. Our screens are just showing "Racing postponed, start time to be advised". Sounds pretty lt out on the race course right now. Good news is Petey didn't sleep at all last night (uploading/editing takes forever apparently)--so we're about to enter DEFCOM 5 (4.25?). Hope we can go live soon so we can get some footage of him.

-g

Someone died in a horrible accident while rounding a corner, the men now skip that corner and start from the same place as the ladies:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2010win...2616/story.html

Goddamn winter olympics!

At least you got some coverage. The 33rd AC hasn't even made Australian national news yet. Mmmmmmmmm it is Australia.

Hey Captn its on Foxtel.

Someone died in a horrible accident while rounding a corner, the men now skip that corner and start from the same place as the ladies:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2010win...2616/story.html

Ouch!

An eastern european guy shot out of the track, whilst on a practise run, he hit a post of some sort and died.

From TheDailySail liveblog: http://ow.ly/17dPB

"There is a possibility of a night time finish - the only thing which applies is the 7 hour time limit. So presumably each boat has a late start 'pack' including strap-on nav lights. Obviously on rotating wingmasts, masthead tri-colours ain't much use" :lol: