Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Sunday 14 February Daily

Besides somones got to post somefing or noffing would be happening in here

HIC

Step away from the keyboard! ;)

And I should take instructions from you?

You are assuming I can walk!

I'm pacing myself. On my 9th Kokanee.

If/when they start this race will there be play-by-play on any of the forums? I'm frickin' stuck on my Blackberry for the next hour and a half...

I was in a similar position to you on Friday and these guys on this board came through with the running commentary. Make sure you put it on LO-FI though. Much more blackberry friendly.

WetHog :ph34r:

Glad you were able followed it CATBOATing here. I missed the finish posting ! I was wondering, If any "old posters (remember the launch, The intell from Switzerland on the shed)" were stuck at work or something!!

thanks MSG.. Umm sexy!

Fixed it for ya!

!

If/when they start this race will there be play-by-play on any of the forums? I'm frickin' stuck on my Blackberry for the next hour and a half...

I was in a similar position to you on Friday and these guys on this board came through with the running commentary. Make sure you put it on LO-FI though. Much more blackberry friendly.

Glad you were able followed it CATBOATing here. I missed the finish posting ! I was wondering, If any "old posters (remember the launch, The intell from Switzerland on the shed)" were stuck at work or something!!

Sorry you are interrupting our drinking thread.

14:20

Improved a little again at 090 degrees direction 6 knots at the committee boat

....And the race committee are now reported to be clearing the possible start area, asking spectator and media boats to move

What's the scoop on the water Clean?

So I have multiple screens open with the different feeds, www.americascup.com and BOR. Any others I should watch?

At the windward mark the wind reading is three knots at 160 degrees, at mark 2 it is 150 degrees 2.5 knots and at the start 120 degrees and a promising 6.5 knots. Again, we are very much on the forecast as far as when the SE'ly was forecast to settle and build.

BMW Live stream is saying it's looking better. 5 kts @ 100.....

No Larry farted accidently into the new laser wind sensor of BMWO

....And the race committee are now reported to be clearing the possible start area, asking spectator and media boats to move

Doesn´t look too good at the mark 2...

>>4:20

Improved a little again at 090 degrees direction 6 knots at the committee boat. And the race committee are now reported to be clearing the possible start area, asking spectator and media boats to move. At the windward mark the wind reading is three knots at 160 degrees, at mark 2 it is 150 degrees 2.5 knots and at the start 120 degrees and a promising 6.5 knots. Again, we are very much on the forecast as far as when the SE'ly was forecast to settle and build.<<

Improved a little again at 090 degrees direction 6 knots at the committee boat. And the race committee are now reported to be clearing the possible start area, asking spectator and media boats to move.

http://multimedia33.americascup.com/ticker/en/index_1.html

Twitter 33ACup: Start: 120° 6,5 knots || M1 145° 3 knots || M2 160° 2,5 knots

Was that fart that bad that everybody has to be moved

Great lakes sailor drinking a bloody mary in my recliner looking out at the snow with my boxer at my feet and about to watch 90' multi hulls race on my laptop. How great to live in the information age.

did we ever get an answer on where the fuck the virtual eye link is?

-m

Yes. Something about it might not be available as a commercial feed. Scroll back this page or one before.

edit: see post 189

Aparently Clean's dunk as a skunk, Mer is trying to wake him. Genny is hung over like she has never been and the rest of the crew are still missing. Who knows when the next OTWA session will be maybe AC 34.

Apparently you missed the dock-out videos on the first page. And it sounds like Mer has snagged a ride out to the course.........

-m

Yes. Something about it might not be available as a commercial feed. Scroll back this page or one before.

edit: see post 189

Apparently it som esort of secret as no one seems to know. There has been no answer on this thread I have been watching. Seems OTW has some sort of hacked/free feed but they aren't talking about how to get it.

Aparently Clean's dunk as a skunk, Mer is trying to wake him. Genny is hung over like she has never been and the rest of the crew are still missing. Who knows when the next OTWA session will be maybe AC 34.

JTV TEST must have failed.

Great lakes sailor drinking a bloody mary in my recliner looking out at the snow with my boxers at my feet and about to watch 90' multi hulls race on my laptop. How great to live in the information age.

Fixed it for ya!

Now

!

-m

Yes we got an answer on the tv-thing.

Virtual Eye - only available through a piece of software thus not through the interweb.

Unfortunately

Improved a little again at 090 degrees direction 6 knots at the committee boat. And the race committee are now reported to be clearing the possible start area, asking spectator and media boats to move.

Is there any chance at all that one day you may provide a contribution that is intelligent, rational and truly amusing?

Thought not

-m

no link - it's an app - go to otwa if you can see the live vid they're looking at it now

Is there any chance at all that one day you may provide a contribution that is intelligent, rational and truly amusing?

Thought not

Did the audio feed just go out from the BMW stream or is it my computer?

-m

Yes we got an answer on the tv-thing.

Virtual Eye - only available through a piece of software thus not through the interweb.

Unfortunately

Virtual Eye is a product of Animation Research Ltd ; maybe this will help those trying to locate the "back door"

-m

no link - it's an app - go to otwa if you can see the live vid they're looking at it now

So where can we get the app? - I am desperate to see something other reruns.

Is this going to happen today?

Sure am getting tired of waiting around..

Me too. I dont understand why we cant get someone giving us a blog from the racecourse. At least tell us what's up...

360 just went live. GJ jabbing on about this and that. Maybe we are close?

Me too. I dont understand why we cant get someone giving us a blog from the racecourse. At least tell us what's up...

They have one on the AC site, only it isn't updated fast enough for me. My impatient ass wants info every 5 minutes, not every 15 or 20.

Honey, I cant do xy and z today. Gatta watch the cup.

hours go by...

the dirty looks start..

You should get a new Honey.

BMW Oracle website frontpage says "Race postponed" - any confirmation for this? I haven't seen anything on americascup.com yet.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized it doesn't refer to the date, just the time.

BMW Oracle website frontpage says "Race postponed" - any confirmation for this? I haven't seen anything on americascup.com yet.

Of course it postponed..... the AP hasnt dropped yet.

They have one on the AC site, only it isn't updated fast enough for me. My impatient ass wants info every 5 minutes, not every 15 or 20.

hours go by...

the dirty looks start..

You should get a new Honey.

Easy to say, tricky to do.

Kids and stuff.

hours go by...

the dirty looks start..

no worries - with a late start here you can bridge to the '500 start

sorry, i know this has been asked alot, but, where can i pick up the otwa audio? i can not listen to blowjobson talk.

Valencia sailing blogs has a post saying that "According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Italy's largest sports newspaper, if BMW Oracle wins the America's Cup in Valencia, Mascalzone Latino will become the Challenger of Record and the 34th America's Cup match will take place in Newport, Rhode Island in 2013."

sorry, i know this has been asked alot, but, where can i pick up the otwa audio? i can not listen to blowjobson talk.

The link in post 242. Please try to keep up.

15:09Wind speeds a little marginal maybe and 35 degrees of difference between the wind angles at the windward mark and the start area. In the start there is 150 degrees at 5 knots, at Mark 1 there is 3 knots at 185 degrees and at the gybe mark there is 190 degrees 4 knots.

Not looking good for a race today

15:09

Wind speeds a little marginal maybe and 35 degrees of difference between the wind angles at the windward mark and the start area. In the start there is 150 degrees at 5 knots, at Mark 1 there is 3 knots at 185 degrees and at the gybe mark there is 190 degrees 4 knots

listening to commentary about how USA keeps a hull flying all the time, and alinghi is dipping its windward hull often...

For a-class, tornado, .. etc the crew are on trapeze and move their weight around to balance the wind pressure... with the tiller and sail trim changes made as last resort as they either create drag in the water or reduce the drive...

Alinghi is a different scale.. the crew weight is so much smaller relative to wind force.. leaving balance only in the tiller and the sheets.

For USA.. could the balance can come from trimming the top panels of the wing - where the most healing moment comes? and that trimming can go so far as to almost stall the panel - but leave the rest of the wing trimmed fro speed?

Or are they allowed massive counterweights moved by motor in the same way as for canting keels?

ooh, nothing like a flashing authoritarian chick

........In fact, Alessandra Pandarese, Mascalzone Latino's legal counsel, is reported to currently be aboard Larry Ellison's Rising Sun, in order to present the challenge, if and when USA crosses the finish line ahead of Alinghi 5.

thank for the assist.

For USA.. could the balance can come from trimming the top panels of the wing - where the most healing moment comes? and that trimming can go so far as to almost stall the panel - but leave the rest of the wing trimmed fro speed?

Yes, exactly. (Been discussed a ton.)

No counterweights...

Helicopters flying out to the course. Hopefully we will get some shots of the boats tooling around at least soon.

........In fact, Alessandra Pandarese, Mascalzone Latino's legal counsel, is reported to currently be aboard Larry Ellison's Rising Sun, in order to present the challenge, if and when USA crosses the finish line ahead of Alinghi 5.

No he had pasta and pizza with him for the lunch

They said on 360 that they have 2 up at all time and 1 in reserve for refeuling issues.

They said on 360 that they have 2 up at all time and 1 in reserve for refeuling issues.

If thats the case at least they could provide us some video.....

Something, anything.

this is getting too boring.

What happened to the drinking thread?

mark 1 being moved

Mark 1 is moving. New coordinates 39.30.9890 N / 0.07.9840 E #ac33

Start: 115° 8 knots || M1 140° 3 knots || M2: 100° 6 knots

15:40

They are making every effort to get this race away. Mark 1 is moving to the SE, offshore, to 39.30.9890 N / 0.07.9840 E and the wind at the start us 110 blowing at 8,5 knots. The time limit to start a race is 1630hrs local

"15:40

They are making every effort to get this race away. Mark 1 is moving to the SE, offshore, to 39.30.9890 N / 0.07.9840 E and the wind at the start us 110 blowing at 8,5 knots. The time limit to start a race is 1630hrs local."

Sort it out already. ;)

From Mr. Pierre's blog:

"3:45pm It's looking better by the minute and it seems we'll have a race right before limit time."

95° - 100° : 4,5 - 6 knots on the whole race course area Race Committee Boat coordinates : 39.32.5103 N / 00.10.5378 W || M1: 39.30.9890 N / 0.07.9840 E || M2 39.21.0936 N / 00.03.5210 W

only 12 mins left to get started, right?

Nope, latest is 16:30CET (15:30GMT)

95° - 100° : 4,5 - 6 knots on the whole race course area Race Committee Boat coordinates : 39.32.5103 N / 00.10.5378 W || M1: 39.30.9890 N / 0.07.9840 E || M2 39.21.0936 N / 00.03.5210 W

only 12 mins left to get started, right?

Nope, latest is 16:30CET (15:30GMT)

xclnt, thanks

Official Feed just dropped the 'postponed' graphic, still just showing the waving flags though.

somrthing changing at AC feed...no more postponement overlay

Getting real sick of those flags....

BMWO crawl now says wind might be to shifty at top mark. <_<

Alinghi says when the wind shift you tack

They just showed a clip of Uncle Larry at the press conference Friday. The way he had his collar up on his jacket made me laugh. He kind of looked like a Cobra or Samari sitting there. Ready to pounce. :lol:

15:54

The wind from 75° - 100° from 4,5 to 7.5 knots across the course and so it is looking better. 35 minutes to time limit to start a race

postpone graphic back :-(