Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Sunday 14 February Daily

From the BMWO Blog:

A last attempt

Harold Bennett has told the teams he's planning to drop the AP postponement flat at 16:14 CET, ahead of a 16:25 start.

WetHog :ph34r:

anyone else watching e360?

Jobson- Looks like everything is all set on the race course, we'll see you in 3 minutes.

Let's Get Some!!!!

"Transmission commenses at 16:03"

Time enough to take a piss. ;)

Bugger just as i finally give up and agree to go over to my girlfriends valentines, do i risk certain death and cancel or miss this!!!

Uncle Larry is on the boat. Oh Lord, he's gonna jinx things...

So we have it that the intention is to set the start off at 1625h. We are on Race 2 course, 13 miles each leg, windward and two 120 degrees reaching legs. Mark 1: 39.30.8380 N / 00.05.7700E Mark 2: 39.20.7250 N / 00.04.8200 W. So it is all on for Alinghi 5 who have to win this race. Larry Ellison is still aboard on BMW ORACLE Racing and so may yet sail in his first America's Cup Match race.

A5 bouncing around on chop. Spectator wash, or signs of things to come up the coarse?

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

Keep the updates coming I'm on my BlackBerry. Trying to get home to the pc

!

16:10Mark 1, windward mark has a breeze at 115° blowing 7 knots and at the gybe mark is it 140° at 8 knots, bear in mind that our readings are off the mark boats, very different to the wind pressure at the top of BMW ORACLE Racing's 223 ft high wing. And Russell Coutts is on USA as well. Headsails are going up on the two race boats, AP flag is down. Inside the ten minutes to the start of what could be the decider.

Fresh had poor form on that dismount IMO. Much better job on Friday.

So much for pre-start action. Alinghi late. Was hoping for something...

So much for pre-start action. Alinghi late. Was hoping for something...

intentional to avoid contact or just blew it, Look slike they got a penalty.OUCH

Unbelievable. Alinghi has a penalty for being in the box before they were allowed to. WTF? Who's fault is that? Thats a big mistake.

Martyrdom here we come.........

I put that fuck up by Alinghi to get that penalty right up there with Dicko losing his cool and ramming ITA-94 in that LV Semi race. Amazing.

ALINGHI's doing a better job keeping the hull up, but now and again that windward hull just SLAPS down

A5's windward hull dropping in looks so much slower than when USA-17's center hull touches.

ALINGHI's doing a better job keeping the hull up, but now and again that windward hull just SLAPS down

what's happening now I am on mobile phone

what's happening now I am on mobile phone

Both boats are sailing puff to puff, USA is more able to keep speed and hulls up between puffs while A5 drops down on both hulls and slows between puffs.

With all that running back and forth on A5 I bet they wish they had center hull to work from.

Alinghi showing ahead...eaten the entire 600m BOR lead....now looks to be about 100m ahead....BOR tacked to stbd before Alinghi got to them....both on stbd tack now