Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoom

intimidation alley

How come this wasn't covered in SA previously! Shocking.

Pombo and Chirivella are first class cunts for going after this guy just for negative comments by other people in response to their shitty faux club & bend-over negotiating tactics.

intimidation alley

A few bad apples can spoil the whole lot, and the past couple of years have seen some real rotten specimens at the top of our sport. The most egregious offenders have been part of Ernesto Bertarelli's efforts and while this article won't go into either the litany of Alinghi misdeeds or their associated club SNG's recent actions in Valencia, it's worth considering that the organization in the below story - CNEV - was a conspirator of that Swiss/Italian guy in a conspiracy that might have destroyed the America's Cup. They failed spectacularly and are only beginning to see the shame they've brought to their own nations and the sport they purport to love, but the practice of litigation and intimidation evidenced by the Spanish pseudo organization CNEV and its parent RFEV in the following story must be brought to light, and those responsible kept out of the sport of sailing - forever.

PERSECUTED

Jaume Soler is considered to be one of Spain’s most influential and respected sailing journalists. He served as press officer of the Royal Spanish Sailing Federation (RFEV) from 1994 until 2001 and successfully represented his country in the Olympic games of Atlanta and Sydney as well the pre-Olympic competition prior to the Athens games. In addition, throughout the last 20 years Soler has been in charge of media and PR for Spain’s most important regattas and sailing teams. Finally, since 2006 he has been editing Spain’s most popular and respected sailing blog, called, what else, El Blog de Jaume Soler.

Soler is a truth teller - an idealist with a love for sailing who believes, as we do, that truth and transparency has been far too lacking at the top levels of sailing. Over the past 8 years, Jaume has worked to expose hypocrisy in Spain's sailing politics, systematically denouncing the irregularities committed by the spanish RFEV; It was Soler that first uncovered in his blog the truth behind the paper club. Thanks to his work the world sailing community knew that the CNEV was formed only days before it challenged, that it only had 5 members (all of them directors of the RFEV), that it had no offices, and most importantly that it had never held any regatta, as required by the Deed of Gift. Not only that, Soler unmasked the ridiculous effort by directors Pombo and Chirivella to masquerade a training weekend for kids in optimists as the CNEV’s annual regatta.

Soler is a careful journalist, and all of his claims were supported with solid research and documented fact, but that didn't stop the rabid dogs that are Pombo and Chirivella and their fantasy scam the CNEV from suing him in July 2008, seeking an incredible 90,000 Euro in damages. Shockingly, they didn't claim Soler had defamed them - after all, defamation means "false statements" and Soler's were all true - no, they sued claiming that Soler should be held responsible for the nasty comments about CNEV and its perpetrators that random blog readers added in the 'open comments' section of the Soler blog. Let that one sink in for a second: These pieces of human excrement sued a blogger for comments that anonymous blog commenters added to his blog post. Could anyone be more cowardly, vindictive, or unethical?

Of course! Would it make Pombo and Chirivella look even worse if the legal costs they incurred in their witch hunt against Soler were covered by the Royal Federation? Sure it would. How about if you found out that this douchebag duo failed to present any evidence at trial in Madrid in support of their claims? They actually presented only personal complaints in some kind of effort to get the judge to 'feel sorry for them' and help them win a case they never could, and probably never intended to. Chirivella whined to the judge that his son was bullied at school by his classmates because, in Soler’s blog, an anonymous blog commenter wrote that his father "was gay." Curiously though, when asked by Soler’s lawyer during the hearing, Chirivella stated that he didn’t consider it to be an insult if someone called him “gay”. Sure, buddy. Pombo claimed that his 90-year old mother was suffering from the verbal attacks against her son in the blog. Seriously. Tell you what, Mrs. Pombo: Harden the fuck up. Finally, these mental midgets actually argued that, since Soler is so influential, that his attacks on RFEV caused potential sponsors to flee, and for existing ones to not renew their contracts. With guys like Pombo and Chirivella running the RFEV, we'd hope sponsors would run for the hills and never look back.

DRAINED DRY

Meanwhile, while Pombo and Chirivella had their personal legal costs covered by the RFEV, Soler came out of pocket for all of it, at last count tens of thousands of Euros worth of legal headache and bullshit. Meanwhile, the trial took place in September 2009 in the Courts of First Instance in Madrid and lasted around 2 hours. The court issued its decision in December 2009 and found that Jaume Soler was not responsible for any of the imagined harm claimed by RFEV, Pombo and Chirivella. The judge ruled that Soler couldn’t be held responsible for the comments made by his readers, even if they were defamatory, though he never even got to whether the comments were libelous. Most importantly, the judge found that the RFEV case had no merit whatsoever, and he ordered them to pay all Soler's legal fees and costs - a big victory for free speech and for Jaume.

Unfortunately for Soler, the RFEV, Pombo and Chirivella continued their Machiavellian plan against him and filed an appeal a few weeks ago, and Soler will have to spend many thousands more to defend an appeal, and of course Pombo and Chirivella will dodge the bills they owe him until the appeal - and the likely one to follow it when they lose this one - is decided.

Their strategy is clear. Spend someone else's money (and rumors are that it is sponsor Iberdola's cash) to file frivolous claims and clog up your nation's already congested courts in an effort to cause financial harm to your detractors. Spain's mainstream media roundly criticized and ridiculed CNEV and its creators, but Pombo and Chirivella are small timers, and apparently they could only afford to go on the attack against Soler, a freelancer and blogger who commands a lot of respect but doesn't have the kinds of resources that make fighting easy.

And if you think that RFEV is the only group that thinks filing frivolous defamation suits is a good way to get websites to stop reporting on your stupid acts, you're wrong. Hell, Tracy Edwards just tried it with BYMNews, and we hear at least one more is trying the same strategy with another site...

We'll keep you posted, and meanwhile, if you see these two men, tell them what you think of them. And long live the Soler!

02/26/10

Maybe you could post some info and pictures of these two asswipes, (Pombo and Chirivella) so that if I have the misfortune of meeting them I can kick them in their nuts.

The reason we didn't hear about it sooner is that Jaume speaks no english, sadly (if he did we'd feature his blogs on the front page, they are very good). I finally heard about this thanks to mutual friends and after spending an hour learning the Spanish words for various legal concepts, I interviewed him.

These guys really are fucking atrocious, and what they tried to do with him should be subject to huge sanctions by the court, though it won't be. They have two levels of appeals they are going to pursue, and until it is all over they will not have to pay back the tens of thousands of dollars they have forced him to spend.

And as we said, it's not limited to Edwards and now Pombo/Chirivella. The Bertarelli and Friends rumors are starting to turn into more solid stories, and those are going to be good.

Ask and ye shall receive.

The dick on the right should make better use of the lawyers fees and get that corn kernal he has for a front tooth replaced

The reason we didn't hear about it sooner is that Jaume speaks no english
But we have Spanish Anarchists around & interested who do, would have thought one of them would have noticed this.

What happened with the money to support the SA challenge? Wouldn't it be a good idea to use that money to present some charges of embezzlement against these guys in the USA or in Spain?

The dick on the right should make better use of the lawyers fees and get that corn kernal he has for a front tooth replaced

No shit. What happened in Europe that caused all the dental schools to burn down 40 years ago? With a gob full of rotton fucking teeth like that, it is a sure sign of extreme poverty in modern countries. WTF? How ever did it come to be that Europeans love a third world mouth full of filthy teeth? Beats me.

post-43229-126731170646_thumb.png

No shit. What happened in Europe that caused all the dental schools to burn down 40 years ago? With a gob full of rotton fucking teeth like that, it is a sure sign of extreme poverty in modern countries. WTF? How ever did it come to be that Europeans love a third world mouth full of filthy teeth? Beats me.

You fucking retarded moron - what are you stuck somewhere in the darkest part of West Virginia with that worldview? And if you are you should know that you probably find a far higher % of US residents with bad teeth than Europeans

Yikes!

I'm more concerned about the right arm attached to his left shoulder!!!!!!!! Scroll down on Clean's original photo and you'll see what I mean.

Some sturgeon must have had the x-ray backwards.........

You fucking retarded moron - what are you stuck somewhere in the darkest part of West Virginia with that worldview? And if you are you should know that you probably find a far higher % of US residents with bad teeth than Europeans

You're missing the point - regardless of the fact that he looks like a dope crazed maniac with rotten teeth, he should be burned at the stake for what he has done in Spain. Pure politics at it's best, and he should be flushed down the head like a big turd, rotten teeth and all.

You're missing the point - regardless of the fact that he looks like a dope crazed maniac with rotten teeth, he should be burned at the stake for what he has done in Spain. Pure politics at it's best, and he should be flushed down the head like a big turd, rotten teeth and all.

sorry, can't resist

http://anarkychallenge.blogspot.com/2009/01/plight-of-pombo.html

The actions of these two cretins only further cements the odiousness of EB over the past 2.5 years. As more and more info outs the more and more the world will appreciate the depths EB sunk to, in an effort to control the AC for years.

It will not be long before the 's' in 'friend's of Alinghi' (now that's an oxymoron if ever there was one) becomes redundant.

The Bertarelli and Friends rumors are starting to turn into more solid stories, and those are going to be good.

Care to share what the current rumors are!

Yikes!

I'm more concerned about the right arm attached to his left shoulder!!!!!!!! Scroll down on Clean's original photo and you'll see what I mean.

Holy shit - you're right, I had to look twice to believe it. I guess someone did some serious arm-twisting with this guy - looks like some kind of freak.

What a bunch of f-ing hypocrites.

For a team that spent so much time whining about how they were unfairly treated by the US courts, and only wanted to compete on the water, they certainly aren't afraid to hit this poor guy with a SLAPP-style lawsuit for having the balls to speak the truth.

Rot in hell.

Yikes!

Holy shit - you're right, I had to look twice to believe it. I guess someone did some serious arm-twisting with this guy - looks like some kind of freak.

That's pretty funny. I'm sure we all realize that the arm in question belongs to a guy who has been cropped out of the picture... right? :unsure:

Yikes!

When I first looked I thought OMG he does have a seriously malformed arm, then on closer inspection I saw that it is someone standing next to him who's only body part that is in frame is his arm, (though I did wonder what his "real" left arm was doing behind the back of the person out of frame?)

Yikes!

That's pretty funny. I'm sure we all realize that the arm in question belongs to a guy who has been cropped out of the picture... right? unsure.gif

Sounds Fishy to me..... Isn't "Cropping" a form of sturgery?

Whoa...

Just found an article that says A MILLION EUROS of RFEV/CNEV money might have gone missing...

Uh-oh.

It'll cost that much for that guy's orthodontic work

GTRANS -

Gerardo Pombo and Manuel Chrivella,

and former vice president of the

RFEV respectively, sued

Jaume Soler, as editor of his blog,

insults that poured against them in the

comments 'posts', all signed

by anonymous. The demand followed the process and

trial was held on September 11 in the Court

of First Instance number 12 deMadrid. A

met late November sentencing, which

as all we hosted, was favorable for Jaume

to be acquitted and the duo will have federal

pay legal expenses. The real intention

demand which brought him to Jaume, it was

really for the above. "The

real intent of the lawsuit, was in

principle, against Pedro Sardina, but as there

have the guts Jaume went for believing the

weakest link in the chain. This was what

said, during the Barcelona Boat Show,

Poyan William Jaume, trying to justify

Pombo. Most importantly, the trial was the great

defense work, which went to the lawyer Jose

Gordo Antonio Castellanos. The exempt based on

Soler of his responsibility as editor of

blog-of comments were made in the

same, and prove that comments,

theoretically branded "offensive" by the

accusation without merit and truth. The

result was significant and juicy. Really

went for wool and came back shorn.

Even granting the presumption of innocence, which

our Constitution grants any thug

and / or sausage, at the trial testified that by

Pombo part of the team was committed

'Alleged' crime of electoral fraud, with the

handling of postal votes in the

2004 election, when "unmensajero was to

pick up an envelope of votes (all of them

completed by Rafael Gonzalez) to a

direction (the RFEV) and was told the same

to take a walk around the block and then

deliver them right there. " It was also

"Allegedly" proven that Pombo fell

unable to justify where they have become of the

almost one million euros missing from the Foundation

Spanish Sailing. Although the judge, to

request of the Prosecutor requested

accounts handed exercises very

concrete today have not been presented:

only a delusional certificate without legal validity or

any legal, signed by Gerardo Pombo.

The anti-corruption prosecutor must act automatically

and find out what happened to the funds of the

Spanish Sailing Foundation, and audit the

outrageous salary and standard of living of the Lord.

president. Also it is time that the

Sports Council on its own motion and

Pombo file. A Lissavetzky, although he

cost much to believe, his protege and friend

Pombo has left him with the butt in the air and can

that this and what remains to be discovered (as

tell all) drag him giving ruin

his political career. I hope that some of the

honest people who are part of the current

RFEV Board of Directors, require that Pombo and

Chirivella pay costs and fees

view of their own pockets and not the money

public. Would have to ask for explanations,

also, for the mess of Soria Natural,

may offer a missing box RFEV

50,000 euros. From this has not been at fault

Jaume (acquittal), which Pombo

accused of being the cause of the loss of

major sponsorships.

The Pombo-Chirivella tandem (the latter already

resigned) has deposited the amount of 50 euros,

Spanish Justice that requires pay,

to appeal within 20 working days

from the creation of payment. Well,

this money has been provided by RFEV as

of the receipt. My question is very clear

How a manager and resigned, as Chirivella,

can continue to enjoy privileges

states?

We will continue to report.

Force 11

TERRY NICOLAS MARTINEZ

Journalist nautical

Classic Engrish!

"Even granting the presumption of innocence, which our Constitution grants any thug

and / or sausage"

Great work here Clean. Between this, the SNG Race Committee fiasco, multiple other EB stories and the Tracy Edwards / BYM scandal, you are doing SA's best journo work ever.

The best sailing website is getting even better.

It's hard to comprehend all of the decrepitude, deceit and douchebaggery leading back to Bertie. What do you bet that Tracy Edwards has Bertie on speed dial on her mobile phone?

Here's to hoping SA continues to shine the light of day on this crap. It makes for great reading, and I'm proud that SA is getting the scoops.

What's next, I can hardly imagine.

And if you are you should know that you probably find a far higher % of US residents with bad teeth than Europeans

lol - that is hilarious. Show me one guy at any American yacht club with a gob like that. Can you imagine how this guys wife must feel just before she has to stick her tongue in there? Holy fuck! licking the rim of a public toilet must be more appealing that that.

Hey Pombo! give me your mailing address and I'll send you one free American toothbrush!!! What a filth-bag.

post-43229-1267822445_thumb.jpg

It is nice to see that you have finally found your corner in the sandbox in which you are allowed to troll. Good for you.

It is nice to see that you have finally found your corner in the sandbox in which you are allowed to troll. Good for you.

I am sorry Trip; do you also have a filthy Euro gob full of yellow teeth? Well, you are in luck today - I'll send you a free American toothbrush too!!!

post-43229-126782536021_thumb.jpg

I am sorry Trip; do you also have a filthy Euro gob full of yellow teeth? Well, you are in luck today - I'll send you a free American toothbrush too!!!

Keep it up and Papa Ed or Uncle Clean will give you another slap on the wrist wink.gif.

And if you are you should know that you probably find a far higher % of US residents with bad teeth than Europeans

lol - that is hilarious. Show me one guy at any American yacht club with a gob like that. Can you imagine how this guys wife must feel just before she has to stick her tongue in there? Holy fuck! licking the rim of a public toilet must be more appealing that that.

Hey Pombo! give me your mailing address and I'll send you one free American toothbrush!!! What a filth-bag.

Here you go - don't forget some dental floss too.

Real Federación Española de Vela:

Luis de Salazar 9, 28002 Madrid

Clearly an American. Teeth are white and clean without cigarette stains and yellow tartar everywhere.