Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multihauler

Something special for a true SCOW

Fellow Anarchists,

I need your help to make someone's B-Day special!!!

On Wednesday March 24th, a very special sailor will be celebrating a significant life event. The woman who gave me life, and introduced me to the sport of sailing in my much younger years, Mama-Multihauler, will be celebrating her 80th Birthday!!!

Unfortunately, over the last 18 months, she has not been able to experience the joy of the wind in her hair, and the salt spray in her face, as health issues forced her to give up sailing for the time being. The good news is that through persistence and perseverance, she has been getting much better, and is looking forward to once again spending weekends sailing the waters of San Francisco Bay.

In the hopes of making her Birthday something she will never forget, I was thinking how much she would enjoy hearing from anarchists from all over the globe. She is a little techno-phobic, and for her to receive email B-Day messages from fellow anarchists would really lift her spirits.

So, if you have a spare minute, please drop a quick email to this truly wonderful SCOW (Pat H.) at:

golfchick.geo@yahoo.com

It will bring a BIG smile to her face!!!

post-1986-126941389322_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!!

-MH

Done. From rain soaked, and slightly dented Perth, Western Australia

Cool.

This thing's got legs!

I love it when the SA clan does shit like this.

This isn't your way of blowing up the inbox of an ex-girlfriend is it?

Hey now! A little faith Brother Clean.

The picture validates it all for me.

Send the nice lady an email or we'll come and nail that chrome lid of yours with an angle grinder!

Good stuff guys and gals.....keep 'em coming!!!

Hoping to get as many as possible, so when I help her check her email tonight.................SURPRISE!!!!

US of A Anarchists are welcome to join in, as I am hoping to stuff her email in-box.

Again, thanks for the help with this.

Cheers!!!

-MH (Mama-MH's son). :)

Sailing vacation to Desolation Sound in '07

post-1986-126944344119_thumb.jpg

Hey Clean,

Absolutely not.

Everybody in the S.F Bay Multihull community knows Mama-Multihauler, and knows the struggles that she has had over the last 18 months. Dementia is a horrible, horrible thing. Lucky for us, it turned out not to be the big "A" (Alzheimer's) as originally thought. She is still not 100%, and may never get there, but over the last 3 months things have been steadily improving to the point where she is once again looking forward to getting out on the Bay, heading up to the Delta, or taking another road trip to the San Juans or Desolation Sound.

Yes, I am trying to stuff an email in box......with messages from fellow sailors everywhere to help brighten a truly unique and special Sailor chick's Birthday.

-MH

Done!

Thanks Mitch!!!

BTW, great to see you on "The Beast" last Saturday. Awesome looking boat!!!

I'll bet Martin had a good time double-handing with you.

-MH

Hey Clean,

Absolutely not.

Everybody in the S.F Bay Multihull community knows Mama-Multihauler, and knows the struggles that she has had over the last 18 months. Dementia is a horrible, horrible thing. Lucky for us, it turned out not to be the big "A" (Alzheimer's) as originally thought. She is still not 100%, and may never get there, but over the last 3 months things have been steadily improving to the point where she is once again looking forward to getting out on the Bay, heading up to the Delta, or taking another road trip to the San Juans or Desolation Sound.

Yes, I am trying to stuff an email in box......with messages from fellow sailors everywhere to help brighten a truly unique and special Sailor chick's Birthday.

-MH

multihauler, i lost my father to the big"A" five years ago. it is a horrible disease! and i just lost my mother last month to a dimentia related illness and stroke. so i'm proud to send an e-mail b.day greetings to what sounds like a truely wonderful person.

Lost Sailor

Best wishes sent all the way from…………Ok well only the east bay. But they are heart felt!!

Done, from Washington DC. Tell her NACRADUDE is a fellow multihauller too

Done, from a sunny day in New England from a guy who learned how to sail on San Francisco bay.

Done from the "D" (where the weak are killed and eaten).

SD

Nope. Recognize the pic and context. Birthday wishes to Pat on the way! (and I thought this was going to be about an E or A scow needing varnish!)

cheers

Keep at it then, and we'll see how many front page readers want to help out as well, tonight. Hope I have a kid like you someday (shudder).

Happy birthday Pat! Email sent too.

A wonderful sailor mom, I've had the pleasure of eating sunday brunch with her before the OYC races.

-Mike

Nope. Recognize the pic and context. Birthday wishes to Pat on the way! (and I thought this was going to be about an E or A scow needing varnish!)

cheers

Hi Bob,

On SA, SCOW = Sailor Chick of the Week. ;)

Thanks for helping out.!!!

-MH

cheers

Hi Bob,

On SA, SCOW = Sailor Chick of the Week. wink.gif

Thanks for helping out.!!!

-MH

You're welcome! and thanks for the mentoring..here and there and introducing me to SA.

And while the taquirea with you guys last week was nice...I'm expecting you have something better in mind!!

cheers!

Message sent from the Inner Sunset, SF, CA.

My hat is off to her for bringing up such a thoughtful sailor. And to you, MH, for such a creative idea.

Dixie

32 emails so far.

Hoping for a bunch more.

Keep 'em coming gang.....and a BIG thanks to those who have already sent something.

Cheers!!!

-MH

Best wishes sent from Mrs Leka and myself from Qatar.

In the hopes of making her Birthday something she will never forget, I was thinking how much she would enjoy hearing from anarchists from all over the globe. She is a little techno-phobic, and for her to receive email B-Day messages from fellow anarchists would really lift her spirits.

Anarchists,

Multihauler's mother here.

I am using my son's login, as I am not a registered member of Sailing Anarchy.

I want to let you all know how totally, and pleasantly surprised I was when, on the evening of my 80th birthday (3/24), I opened my email and discovered that my in-box was filled with birthday wishes from sailors all over the world.

After returning home from an evening of birthday celebrating, my son recommended that I check my email in case any friends had sent any birthday wishes. When I opened my mailbox I was a little confused by what seemed to be an unusual amount of email. After downloading all the mail, I realized that apparently somebody had spread the word that it was my birthday. What I soon discovered was that my son (Multihauler) had been busy on the Sailing Anarchy website, letting you all know. As I read through the wonderful and thoughtful birthday messages, I couldn't help but smile, as I would never have suspected that people (sailors) from all over the world do such a wonderful thing.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the messages of encouragement, they truly are inspiring. It is reassuring to know that the sailing community is filled with such warm and thoughtful people.

And, an extra special thanks to my son (Mr. Multihauler) for his part in making this special gift possible. I am a very proud mother, and feel so very lucky to have such a thoughtful and caring son.

Warmest Regards,

Mama-Multihauler

Anarchists,

Multihauler's mother here.

I am using my son's login, as I am not a registered member of Sailing Anarchy.

I want to let you all know how totally, and pleasantly surprised I was when, on the evening of my 80th birthday (3/24), I opened my email and discovered that my in-box was filled with birthday wishes from sailors all over the world.

After returning home from an evening of birthday celebrating, my son recommended that I check my email in case any friends had sent any birthday wishes. When I opened my mailbox I was a little confused by what seemed to be an unusual amount of email. After downloading all the mail, I realized that apparently somebody had spread the word that it was my birthday. What I soon discovered was that my son (Multihauler) had been busy on the Sailing Anarchy website, letting you all know. As I read through the wonderful and thoughtful birthday messages, I couldn't help but smile, as I would never have suspected that people (sailors) from all over the world do such a wonderful thing.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the messages of encouragement, they truly are inspiring. It is reassuring to know that the sailing community is filled with such warm and thoughtful people.

And, an extra special thanks to my son (Mr. Multihauler) for his part in making this special gift possible. I am a very proud mother, and feel so very lucky to have such a thoughtful and caring son.

Warmest Regards,

Mama-Multihauler

So cool! Go the Mama-Multihauler!

OK.. now you'll have to explain that crazy term to her!

;)

And Happy Birthday to you again!

What a great thing you did there MH and the SA Community too. Rock on.

Dixie

Momma MultiHauler!

You are an inspiration and truly a perfect example of the SCOTW!

Have a great week and get back out on the Bay as soon as possible!