Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Final Day - And Still More Breeze

Brad Van Liew (head of the Lazarus Project Open 60 - http://www.oceanracing.org) will be on the microphone with me today to broadcast the final day of racing here in sunny (again) breezy Charleston - good thing because my voice is totally gone.

Forecast is more or less a carbon copy of yesterday except a bit to the right, which means the sea breeze can line it up even better and we may see up to 20 by the end of the day. Maybe so, maybe not - PRO's will try to get everyone off the water as early as possible, we expect two races on the inshore courses (for a total of 10) and two offshore (for a total of 8).

We'll once again try to run offshore, we're just giving ourselves a bit more time this morning because I do really want to see the big boats for at least a race, but then we'll race back inside to check in with both small courses and of course see if Bora can hold off David Dabney in the largest fleet - the M24s.

We'll broadcast the entire awards ceremony to you live - the Cocktail Hour tonight isn't gonna happen, people are getting to work on their boats very quickly after racing, and there's just not an hour to be had until much later in the night - and that's the Sunday night get-together at my place, which has become a sort of tradition here for me and a few others...

Anyway, thanks for playing so far, this has - once again - been the funnest time in a while. Some good interviews last night, so be sure to check out the video gallery...

Big shame to see echo and the boys dismasted yesterday, along with Teddy Turner the first day, but for the most part, despite winds over 15 and up to 30 over the past few days, the carnage has seemed to be pretty under control. And the smiles are ridiculous!

See ya soon!

This is Morgan here on the offshore course with you on this gorgeous morning! It's the final day of racing and we knew you guys wanted some offshore coverage, so we're out here doing just that. We'll be heading inshore in a little bit to cover the tail end of the inshore courses.

Check us out live http://www.sailinganarchy.com/otwa/2010/2010_charlestonraceweek.php

Don’t Forget To Check Out Our Sponsors For Great Deals On All Your Sailing Needs

LAYLINE

HARKEN and please join the HARKEN facebook fan page HERE

MELGES 24 ROAD TO CORPUS

OCEAN SAILING ACADEMY

POWERTEC

Also you can watch this from your office without your boss knowing now with the new Justin.tv app for the iphone, ipod touch, or ipad

Don't forget that if you're stepping away from your computer, you can always watch us live on your iphone.

START

Big Booty hunting down Vincitore after Vincitore shot them down in the first start

Jubilee went for it down at the pin

Sport Class

Roxanne the Melges 32 is the only boat on the line at the start with Kipp Meadows on board

At the M24 start, David O'Reilly was over early and went quite some ways before tuning into his radio. They actually ended up flying the chute to get back to the start line

Don’t Forget To Check Out Our Sponsors For Great Deals On All Your Sailing Needs

LAYLINE

MELGES 24 ROAD TO CORPUS

OCEAN SAILING ACADEMY

POWERTEC

Also you can watch this from your office without your boss knowing now with the new Justin.tv app for the iphone, ipod touch, or ipad

After 9 Races in the Melges 24 class

Flying Elvis 26 pts

Conejo 27 pts

Layline 35 pts

LAYLINE

MELGES 24 ROAD TO CORPUS

OCEAN SAILING ACADEMY

POWERTEC

about to start the final race for the melges 24syou can watch it live HERE

Also Don’t Forget To Check Out Our Sponsors For Great Deals On All Your Sailing Needs

LAYLINE

MELGES 24 ROAD TO CORPUS

OCEAN SAILING ACADEMY

POWERTEC

you can watch this from your office without your boss knowing now with the new Justin.tv app for the iphone, ipod touch, or ipad

I am dropping these at the bottom of all of the links cause I am too tired to see if Anybody put this out so I have no idea if anybody knew they had offshore coverage available all week. I never saw any link on the CRW front page and there are so many links on the yachtscoring page, I don't know if anyone really listened...or cared.

Offshore Circle 3 Blog:Circle 3 Blog

Pictures of Offshore Circle 3:Circle 3 Photos

Trying to bartend after driving 7 hours after sleeping 1 hour after partying with the OTWA crew ... is really disgusting. And I really want a hot dog.

One of my customers just pointed out that I have an Anarchy symbol drawn on the back of my neck in permanent marker. Hahaha, who was it???

Seriously though, great job this weekend to everyone on and off the race course. Best regatta I've been to in the States so far.

And yes, I finally got that kite up. I'm so amped for more Viper sailing and getting more competitive as I learn the boat. It's so much fun. I really enjoyed trimming, and I think with the right crew, I could grow a lot more in this class.

Hope you guys had as much fun as I did. And the water was salty!

I have an Anarchy symbol drawn on the back of my neck in permanent marker. Hahaha, who was it???

You sure are a sound sleeper.

Haha, thanks. You drew it on pretty good because I took an insanely long shower before going to work.

It nearly beats waking up to find 5 or more Barbarians stamps on your face.