Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

Before one of you smart ass anarchists answers "A lot of wood", that won't get it. So who will get it? We've got a goody bag of SA swag for the wiener...

what is it 4 15.jpg

A shit ton of wood?

I am guessing it is a mold for a new maxi, R/P 100 footer perhaps

A shit ton of wood?

I am guessing it is a mold for a new maxi, R/P 100 footer perhaps

I understand how to play this game!!!

Mega Shit ton of laminated wood!!!

Agree that it looks like a mould, but reakon she be bigger than 100ft

I bet its the frames and structure for a large, traditional Arab dhow.

OK, when do I get my swag?

Mold for a new VO70 probaly groupama, or a mold for a new imoca 60 probaly foncia

groupama is alread IN the water, and look at this mold, you can fit groupama twice in there!

The training boat is in the water not the boat they are racing with

is it the "speeddream"we were reading about actually being built?

A new 67' design for a private owner from nacira design ! between an Open 60 & a Volvo 70 ;-)

Switzerland's 'in country' 3Dl molds for prooving that Alinghi's sails were CIC compliant?

the skeleton for the mold of a hard chined 60-70ft racer? looks like everything was laser cut. nice. Thats all i got. ??

Code 3 goes for a new World Record!!

FUCK OFF NEWBIES!!!

SHOW US YOUR WIVES TITS!!!

groupama is alread IN the water, and look at this mold, you can fit groupama twice in there!

ditto, that is way bigger than a imoca60!

someone needs a lesson in prospective

I'm going to go with the volvo 70 idea.. until I find something else that looks like a ginormous laser

Dream 67 - built at Maxi Dolphin in Italy, design from Nacira.

Looks like a powerful hull shape.

More specifically it is known as the Dream 67, indeed done by Nacira Design. It is being built at Maxi Dolphin in Italy.

Edit: Attached a rendering of the interior that I grabbed off of the website. Looks pretty sweet!

linky: http://www.nacira-design.com/

Indeed it is, although you do need to have some patience to find it on their website...! But we got a winner.

Mold for a new VO70 probaly groupama, or a mold for a new imoca 60 probaly foncia

The training boat is in the water not the boat they are racing with

Groupama twice did you say..? It's a 67' boat that the mold is for..!

38 frames that will eventually make a designer and the builder rich by producing a wet dream for someone with lots of money. It is not a lot of wood, yet. Will be closer to that call when the mold is finished

It's Oracle's secret shed site. Ellison's got mono fever and he's going full out for the next Am Cup defense expected to cost him a cool bil to keep the silver.

the skeleton for the mold of a hard chined 60-70ft racer? looks like everything was laser cut. nice. Thats all i got. ??

FUCK OFF NEWBIES!!!

Jeezus, newbie - if you're going to do it, then at least do it right.

Wives - many spouses.

Wife's - what belongs to your wife.

Wives' - what belongs to your many wives

Now, can we see what you did to comply with the newbie requirement?

I think the Ikea Flat Pack Sled should get some swag too - damn clever even though Ikea doesn't laser-cut their stuff.

Question - what are the bake temp/pressure limits for VO70s and IMOCA Open 60s? I couldn't believe that this was either of those, because AFAIAA wooden moulds don't work with autoclaves.

And surely for VO70s at least, plugs are produced by CNC milling?

I agree with regattadog that its Ellison's latest project for the next AC - but its longer than 100 ft if I am any judge of scale.

Question - what are the bake temp/pressure limits for VO70s and IMOCA Open 60s? I couldn't believe that this was either of those, because AFAIAA wooden moulds don't work with autoclaves.

And surely for VO70s at least, plugs are produced by CNC milling?

With current near-ambient-cure composites and vacuum bagging would either be an issue? In any event, 125°C or so wouldn't degrade a plywood form, and a lot of cures can be done well below 100°C (ca. 70 - 80°C).

http://www.reinforcedplastics.com/view/1926/working-at-the-extreme/

ditto, that is way bigger than a imoca60!

someone needs a lesson in prospective

someone needs a lesson in spelling...

I'm going to say it's the new Wild Oats. Pissed about loosing this past year's S2H to Alfa, and able to learn from some of Speedboat's tech problems. What ever it is... it's very Juan K with those Chines.

It’s my boat for the 34rd America’s cup, I’ll call it “The Big Ernie”

Since I won I’m building my next AC boat then I'll make the rules!

I won!

Lies they will tell you.

I think I won?

Strawberries I tell you!

I can prove with geometric logic that Larry stole my strawberries

I won I tell you I WON!!!!!!

Link for the young.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/madness-visible/4b3b480adfb3bb423b0f4b3b480adfb3bb423b0f-1622070722854

Before one of you smart ass anarchists answers "A lot of wood", that won't get it. So who will get it? We've got a goody bag of SA swag for the wiener...

It's going to be a huge motherfucker of a boat!

Doesn't look like a Sabot or an Optimist, and whatever it is right now it won't sail to well either. Maybe it's an Anarchists ark - Rock On!

I think the Ikea Flat Pack Sled should get some swag too - damn clever even though Ikea doesn't laser-cut their stuff.

+1

a frigging buck for a dinghy of silly proportions to be manned by dwarfs due to no headroom.............just another piece of crap waiting for the out designed scrap heap of history............where the hell are the real boats?

The green lab coat and 50k worth of birch plywood: Only in Europe.

More specifically it is known as the Dream 67, indeed done by Nacira Design. It is being built at Maxi Dolphin in Italy.

Edit: Attached a rendering of the interior that I grabbed off of the website. Looks pretty sweet!

That's a whole lot of love.

Somebody who hasn't heard of these guys www.janicki.com

(which is where the Oracle tooling was made)

CNC mills have been around in the marine industry for 15 years now, still surprised to see people making a mold the old fashioned way.

appears to be a mold for something only a wealthy individual could put their hands on (other than the people building it)

CNC mills have been around in the marine industry for 15 years now, still surprised to see people making a mold the old fashioned way.

What's the cost difference between taking a mould off a CNC'd plug, and building a low tec female mould? Especially when that cost is amortized over a short production run.

Congrats! I was reverse engineering through beam

post-1447-127134797552_thumb.jpg

Anarchist HOME DEPOT special! Lots of plywood! Something tells me he is going to run out of money!!!!!

New Mari-Cha V

LOL, I was going to say Mari Cha VI.

Laser?

What's the cost difference between taking a mould off a CNC'd plug, and building a low tec female mould? Especially when that cost is amortized over a short production run.

Right on Ed. That set of frames probably cost about $30k, and shipping cost was next to nothing. The direct cut female tooling from Janicki or the like would run about $180k, and then you'd have the problem of shipping, and handling, and assembly, and alignment, and fairing of the seams once it got there. All for a one-off.

A new 67' design for a private owner from nacira design ! between an Open 60 & a Volvo 70 ;-)

hmmm. first post. should we give it to him?

Is there a reason, suspicion why not??? Seems like the winner to me

Without tits - no

Small window of redemption open though...

naw, he get's it. it's just funny when someone quickly registers so they can be the first one....

naw, he get's it. it's just funny when someone quickly registers so they can be the first one....

Fark! And I was so hopeful that being more specific was what would win it for me.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave these here in case you change your mind...

tumblr_ktu3yoJUQV1qzfia9o1_500.jpg

Stonehenge, before the aliens fucked it up.......

I agree with regattadog that its Ellison's latest project for the next AC - but its longer than 100 ft if I am any judge of scale.

umm....not so much :D

WWing

FUCK OFF NEWBIES!!!

Wives - many spouses.

ha ha

Panamax, built at Baltic...

It is a new I550 sportsboat fortunately due to the economic down turn the umpa lumpa's at willy wonka's chocolate factory had spare time to assist the build.

FUCK OFF NEWBIES!!!

Wives - many spouses.

ha ha

Newbie must be a Mormon

Congrats! I was reverse engineering through beam

post-1447-127134797552_thumb.jpg

So now that we know its euro, any suggestions on the beam dimension to use as a gauge? Assuming this is standard lumber/timber/joist/beam etc product.

What's it gonna rate?

Love that natural look.

Fark! And I was so hopeful that being more specific was what would win it for me.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave these here in case you change your mind...

tumblr_ktu3yoJUQV1qzfia9o1_500.jpg