Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jono

I'll Bite. Who in NZ?

So I see in the update the NZ connection is all but done.

I've got a couple of guesses as to whom it might be but wonder if they are announcing themselves yet?

Yep, Tony has been talking about it for a while now so it would be a surprise to see anyone else pick it up at this stage. But who is going to own the boat?

Yep, Tony has been talking about it for a while now so it would be a surprise to see anyone else pick it up at this stage. But who is going to own the boat?

Westhaven Marine Brokers Ltd around well known Tony Smith and Graham Murray have secured the dealership for the Flying Tiger boats and the first of the boats has now arrived in New Zealand waters and is currently assembled at Pier21. Note! Currently the boat can be seen at Pier 21, Viaduct and people are welcome to come and have a look while the boat is been assembled and still out of the water.

Westhaven Marine Brokers are to establish the class here in New Zealand with that race medium sized keelboat and rigid class rules. The one design club racer is built at Hansheng Yachts in Xiamen China and a brand new boat can be on the water and sailing for approx. NZ$150,000. The FT10 is an international class with 100 plus boats built worldwide so far. Its design principles are those of a state of the art, easily transported, low cost, high performance sports yacht. The Flying Tiger 7.5m, 10m and 14m will be distributed exclusively in NZ by Westhaven Marine Brokers.

Measurements on the Tiger 10 are DWL 9.24m Beam 2.78m Draft 2.32 Mast(P) 12.24m Displacement 1985kg. Vacuum bagged sandwich core with carbon spars. Kevlar main and jib with nylon asymmetrical spinnaker.

www.flyingtiger.co.nz coming soon.Join the 'Flying Tiger Boats' on facebook.