Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

Uhh........Glass?

it's a don'tdropthewinchhandle Open 60

made for Cinderellas Pink Lady by Fairygodmother Yachts of Hoboken. doing the Vendee

music supplied by Don't Throw Stones

It kind of looks like a class 40. But the sprit is very different from the rest of the class and the stern is tapered way too much to be a 40.

Whatever it is I want it! Too bad I spend the last of my money on that bottle of rum I just drank. And who said engineers couldn’t have fun in college?

It kind of looks like a class 40. But the sprit is very different from the rest of the class and the stern is tapered way too much to be a 40.

Whatever it is I want it! Too bad I spend the last of my money on that bottle of rum I just drank. And who said engineers couldn’t have fun in college?

No canting keels allowed on Class 40s, it looks too narrow for an IMOCA 60 and the sprit is too long .. a custom design in the 35ft area ?

not sure but when they start having a 25 boat fleet every Sunday at my local club I will sail in the fleet.

Until then I se no use for another new useless one off that can't generate 100 boat fleets at district championships and 200 boat fleets at nationals.

The poor sucker who buys this boat will miss the opportunity to round a leeward mark in a ten boat pinwheel ..perhaps forever.

What a waste.

I'm thinking it is the new G-Force Extreme 30, Neherlands?

30 footer with a pedestal?ohmy.gif

This is Tristan Mathèz-Loïc's final year project in Yacht & Powercraft Design at Southampton Solent University.

Guest multitranslation

don't know what it is, but it does look fugly with that keel and single rudder on twin canard...wtf?! let's not even mention the sprit...can anyone come up with a nice design once in a while?

don't know what it is, but it does look fugly with that keel and single rudder on twin canard...wtf?! let's not even mention the sprit...can anyone come up with a nice design once in a while?

The ed finally captured it on film...

post-5-127415889997_thumb.jpg

The hole in the water into which you pour money.

New Foncia M. Desjoyaux !!! loool just kidin'

let's see what ya got...

A steaming pile of newbie sock puppets that haven't figured out how to post.

What do I win??

This is the new composite semi-permeable hull on the hole in the water into which you pour money. The money passes through into oblivion and the hole remains. The design was taken from the federal budget. Anyone's federal budget.

post-22252-127418809928_thumb.jpg

No it really is the Echo SC 34

by Tristan Mathez-Loic

Designed as his dissertation in YPD in Southampton.

ECHO SC 34

Designed by Tristan Mathez-Loic

Canting keel 50deg each way,

I was wondering when you'd say something steve ;-)

No canting keels allowed on Class 40s, it looks too narrow for an IMOCA 60 and the sprit is too long .. a custom design in the 35ft area ?

by Tristan Mathez-Loic

So I was in the right 'hood ...

The pedestal is optional to cant the keel, u can have a harken hand pump which is however slower in the tack.

Is it slower even if you let it drop from the windward side?

The pedestal is optional to cant the keel, u can have a harken hand pump which is however slower in the tack.

U cant drop it a lot more than 0°, then u have to cant it to 50° as fast as possible to build up speed after the tack and get the correct righting moment!

This is Tristan Mathèz-Loïc's final year project in Yacht & Powercraft Design at Southampton Solent University.

Scott - 3 hours for a winner ... still too easy !

U cant drop it a lot more than 0°, then u have to cant it to 50° as fast as possible to build up speed after the tack and get the correct righting moment!

ok, was just interested in that

For those who are interested

post-45227-127419682092_thumb.jpg

post-45227-127419631789_thumb.jpg

post-45227-127419645501_thumb.jpg

post-45227-127419640954_thumb.jpg

sailplan and polars suggest this could be fun

by Tristan Mathez-Loic

Kinda wonder how the forward facing grinder feels about having the tiller up his arse, but I'm told some people pay for that kind of thing....

I think both 'pelt and 'grin use battery powered hydraulic pumps to cant the keel fast, is that right???

The next farr 11s, looks awesome and a bunch of credit is due but these boats don't end up racing, a real shame

HAHAHAHA!! It's great we have this interweb thingy so anybody who can make a pretty picture in some CAD program can get props. I would say something like how like swiss cheese it's full of holes or how it's a boat that won't be coming to a Swiss lake near you soon but I have exams to study for. Somewhere in Switzerland Seb Schmidt is quaking in his boots... from giggling.

I should really say something nice - nice bul... - oops, no it looks like wubbish. Nice pedestal, yeah really nice pedestal. Harken, innit?

HAHAHAHA!! It's great we have this interweb thingy so anybody who can make a pretty picture in some CAD program can get props. I would say something like how like swiss cheese it's full of holes or how it's a boat that won't be coming to a Swiss lake near you soon but I have exams to study for. Somewhere in Switzerland Seb Schmidt is quaking in his boots... from giggling.

I should really say something nice - nice bul... - oops, no it looks like wubbish. Nice pedestal, yeah really nice pedestal. Harken, innit?

Hahaha... What are u??? Talking about Seb, well then take a look a this : http://www.sebschmidt.ch/portfolio/09362/article/09362_dossier_PS%2033_english.pdf

New RP 45 Harbour Race for Ian Oately

It is a 42 not 45. But could be close.

We will see the real one shortly.

the now oatley day sailor is NOT canting i saw it in the factory yesterday

Tristan

Nice job, and impressive renderings. But what were you thinking with the bulb shape, it's fugly! Looks like a Clark Y section.

Hey Tristan, have you got any hull lines/stations?

It would make a great r/c model,would probably need to make it non canting though for simplicity

Good Call.

Tristan

Nice job, and impressive renderings. But what were you thinking with the bulb shape, it's fugly! Looks like a Clark Y section.

Hey, ya i know about the bulb shape, had a lot of comments on that... It was just a test to check if the vcg could be lowered. In the end it makes nearly no difference so this shape was not retained just didn't have the time to change it in the renderings.

Hey Tristan, have you got any hull lines/stations?

It would make a great r/c model,would probably need to make it non canting though for simplicity

Ya i have everything... The model is most likely going to be built next month to a 1/8 scale as a proof of concept, the objective is to built the full size boat if possible. So I am sorry I just can't give the linesplan away at the moment.

Hmmm, an acrylic glass-like bottom boat.. Now, there's an idea.. But then, if you were racing, it might be too distracting to the crew looking for mermaids or Jimmy Hoffa.

The LEM 33 class seems a bit odd. Trapeze outdated and not aesthetic? How about hiking from a rail is boring, and swinging keels are a laughable expense on a small boat. Maybe on any boat.

I really don't get it. How is this in any way better than any similar sized multihull? Its harder to tow, more expensive to build, more expensive to sail, slower in all conditions, less safe, less exciting, ...

Yawn.

Hey, you are actually the first one to mention the class rule which the boat is designed to, i do agree with u about the trapeze and the hiking, things might still change as no boat have been built yet. It is slower then multihulls as monohulls will always be, but should we stop sailing monos ??? Don't think so.

Canting keels do make the boats faster, in any size as they increase the righting moment massively and allow to carry more sail, therefore more power. I m not quiet sure about the safety, did u really think about that?

I'm thinking it is the new G-Force Extreme 30, Neherlands?

here is the G Force X Treme 30 post-4130-127431609449_thumb.jpg

not sure but when they start having a 25 boat fleet every Sunday at my local club I will sail in the fleet.

Until then I se no use for another new useless one off that can't generate 100 boat fleets at district championships and 200 boat fleets at nationals.

The poor sucker who buys this boat will miss the opportunity to round a leeward mark in a ten boat pinwheel ..perhaps forever.

What a waste.

Ahh... the bitter rantings of another J/24 sailor.

What a waste.

Ahh... the bitter rantings of another J/24 sailor.

Worse, a J/22 sailor!

Seems like a rough sketch given too much perfection to 3D-redering.

There are lessons to be learned for this designer about bulb design among other things.

The pointy edges on the white pole support is perfect for schredding gennackers, sailmakers are celebrating.

Build it and they will come, but plz put much more work into the design.

Seems like a rough sketch given too much perfection to 3D-redering.

There are lessons to be learned for this designer about bulb design among other things.

The pointy edges on the white pole support is perfect for schredding gennackers, sailmakers are celebrating.

Build it and they will come, but plz put much more work into the design.

As i said in a previous post, the bulb design is not retained. The "white pole" is not sharp nor pointy - it has a nice radius fillet all around, and i can tell u that because i designed it.

In my opinion, a grinder is completely unnecessary. Hand pumped hydraulics would also be shitty. Why not put a purchase and lead it to the cabintops?

The LEM 33 class seems a bit odd. Trapeze outdated and not aesthetic? How about hiking from a rail is boring, and swinging keels are a laughable expense on a small boat. Maybe on any boat.

I really don't get it. How is this in any way better than any similar sized multihull? Its harder to tow, more expensive to build, more expensive to sail, slower in all conditions, less safe, less exciting, ...

Yawn.

100% Agreed