Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hobie18rich

20th Delta Ditch Run

Who's in for the 20th Delta Ditch Run? Several F-18 teams entered already. Also there is a crew willing if anyone needs a crew for the race. He did it last year on my F-18 and races C class. Less than 2 weeks .

8 F-18's

3 H-20's w spin

1 H-16 w spin

1 H-18 w spin

are already pre reged or committed.

Along with several bigger multi's.

8 F-18's

3 H-20's w spin

1 H-16 w spin

1 H-18 w spin

ref: trtotal_30-3-2010.xls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H-16 w/spinnaker

TR.2crew = 112

TCF.2crew = 0.892

ref: http://www.hobie-cat.net/site_gb/?produits,hobie_16

Spinnaker = 15 m² = 161+ ft²

Mainsail area: 13,77 m²

Jib area: 5,12 m²

2010.Texel.NDL: the jib area doesn't match the Hobie Cat Europe

web specs, erase that, ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H-18 w/spin ? guessing type

TCF 0.943 hobie 18TCF 0.977 hobie 18 form.TCF 0.940 hobie 18 magnum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hobie 20 w/spin

TCF 1.011 Miracle 6.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 F-18's

3 H-20's w spin

1 H-16 w spin

1 H-18 w spin

ref: trtotal_30-3-2010.xls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H-16 w/spinnaker

TR.2crew = 112

TCF.2crew = 0.892

ref: http://www.hobie-cat...te_gb/?produits,hobie_16

Spinnaker = 15 m² = 161+ ft²

Mainsail area: 13,77 m²

Jib area: 5,12 m²

2010.Texel.NDL: the jib area doesn't match the Hobie Cat Europe

web specs, erase that, ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H-18 w/spin ? guessing type

TCF 0.943 hobie 18TCF 0.977 hobie 18 form.TCF 0.940 hobie 18 magnum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hobie 20 w/spin

TCF 1.011 Miracle 6.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully you didn't stay up all night doing that, Slack :D

anybody lookin for crew?

My complete resume:

I can drive.

I can trim.

I like to go fast.

I generally don't cry or whine too loudly (except on my own boat)

I can buy the skipper a beer (if we win)

lemme know.

munt

Hopefully you didn't stay up all night doing that, Slack biggrin.gif

It took a couple of minutes for look ups.

Standard configs with standard Sail Areas, are easier (thank you One-Design sailors, appreciated).

Sail Areas that don't match is below the 50th percentile, ...

ISAF SCHRS publishes Ratings with a calculator.

Texel.Netherlands publishes a spreadsheet.

Both give standard configurations that can be modified,

adjusting a luff length, sail area, adding a trapeze, ... gives a rating/tcf.

Do you know the Hobie 16 / Hobie 18 sailors that registered?

The Weta has an SCHRS rating, nothing in Texel.

Again, thank you for Hobie 20 = Hobie Miracle 6.0.

Nobody with lifting foils so no problems, right?

Do you know the Hobie 16 / Hobie 18 sailors that registered?

Nobody with lifting foils so no problems, right?

Yes, I know them. No lifting foils...that I know of.

I'm unclear on the finish line. Is it in the main channel, or is it in Buckley Cove?

Also, what's the best way through the Browns Island/Sherman Island area. Should you hug the Pittsburg/Antioch shoreline?

What (if anything) to beach cat folks use in the way of maps/GPS?

I'm unclear on the finish line. Is it in the main channel, or is it in Buckley Cove?

In the main channel.

Also, what's the best way through the Browns Island/Sherman Island area. Should you hug the Pittsburg/Antioch shoreline?

Everyone goes around Browns Island to the south. I think we could go around to the north and make ground if the wind is right because it would require fewer gybes. But, I worry that the channel is not maintained or marked. The chart shows a few shoals, wrecks, and stumps.

A map really isn't needed. There is only one turn you need to make at Pittsburg. Its easy to see because it is just after seeing the smoke stacks from the power plant. I took a GPS so that I would stay out of the restricted channel in San Pablo Bay and so I could replay the track.

Don't forget the soundings on the charts are in feet not fathoms.

Here's a replay of our track:

Alex:

Did you count your Gybes? Looks like a lot.

I will only make the NOODs in San Francisco this year, not DDR. We are remodeling bathrooms and have to save $ somewhere.

Dan

In the main channel.

Everyone goes around Browns Island to the south. I think we could go around to the north and make ground if the wind is right because it would require fewer gybes. But, I worry that the channel is not maintained or marked. The chart shows a few shoals, wrecks, and stumps.

A map really isn't needed. There is only one turn you need to make at Pittsburg. Its easy to see because it is just after seeing the smoke stacks from the power plant. I took a GPS so that I would stay out of the restricted channel in San Pablo Bay and so I could replay the track.

Don't forget the soundings on the charts are in feet not fathoms.

Here's a replay of our track:

Thanks! The track is a huge help.

Alex:

Did you count your Gybes? Looks like a lot.

I will only make the NOODs in San Francisco this year, not DDR. We are remodeling bathrooms and have to save $ somewhere.

Dan

We'll miss you. I counted 175 gybes. Anne's pointed to her arms at the end and just said, "Ouch..."

That's an amazing run up what seems a very narrow ditch.

Now for the hijack, Are portsmouth multi hadicap numbers created the same way centerboards are? In other words, would it make sense to race a centerboard boat against a multi based on those numbers?

How did you guys manage to get the F-18's and other cats into the DDR? Last time I checked the minimum safefy equipment and length requirements didn't allow them. Is this a special deal worked out with YRA or have the rules changed to allow beach cats?

Also noticed that one of my fellow Weta owners is also signed up. That's a little out of the ordinary.

Now for the hijack, Are portsmouth multi hadicap numbers created the same way centerboards are? In other words, would it make sense to race a centerboard boat against a multi based on those numbers?

In theory yes. You can even, in theory, convert to and from PHRF. Keep in mind that you are racing boats with very different performance characteristics and the rating are only for upwind downwind.

How did you guys manage to get the F-18's and other cats into the DDR? Last time I checked the minimum safefy equipment and length requirements didn't allow them. Is this a special deal worked out with YRA or have the rules changed to allow beach cats?

Also noticed that one of my fellow Weta owners is also signed up. That's a little out of the ordinary.

I haven't seen any safety regs other than a VHF radio. Its not offshore.

Last year a guy did it in a Hobie Wave. You and the other Wetas should sign up too.

Last year a guy did it in a Hobie Wave. .

Has he finished yet?

finished Yesterday. corrected out first place.

He rolled in about midnight. And the F-18's are running as a class boat for boat. All other boats should have a BAMA Ditch Rating.

In theory yes. You can even, in theory, convert to and from PHRF. Keep in mind that you are racing boats with very different performance characteristics and the rating are only for upwind downwind.

Last year a guy did it in a Hobie Wave. You and the other Wetas should sign up too.

The minimum requirements I could find are:

The following equipment shall be required for all yachts racing in YRA events.

1. USCG-approved life jackets for each member of the crew. If the ‘Y’ flag is displayed, USCG-approved life jackets shall be worn while racing.

2. One horseshoe life ring or 18-inch diameter USCG-approved ring buoy.

3. USCG-approved (or equivalent) fire extinguisher as required by USCG rules, readily accessible.

4. One manually-operated bilge pump.

5. One suitable anchor and cable.

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

8. Suitable charts for piloting.

Items 2 through 5 seem like a bit of a problem, but on a dinghy or beach cat I'm not sure they really apply.

The reason I ask is that a few years ago we tried to get some I14's entered and YRA basically said, "No f'ing way you lunatics." Can't say that I really blame them.

I like the idea of doing the DDR on the Weta. The boat is tough as shit and requires almost no effort to sail for hour and hours. However, if there is a breakdown and the keel boats guys have to come to our aid, you can bet shit will hit the fan.

/hijack

1. USCG-approved life jackets for each member of the crew. If the 'Y' flag is displayed, USCG-approved life jackets shall be worn while racing.

3. USCG-approved (or equivalent) fire extinguisher as required by USCG rules, readily accessible.

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

Where did you find that?

1. USCG-approved life jackets for each member of the crew. If the 'Y' flag is displayed, USCG-approved life jackets shall be worn while racing.

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

Where did you find that?

I got it over on the Latitude38 web site (http://www.latitude38.com/YRASchedule/minequip.html) which looks like a reprint of the YRA master calendar.

I actually couldn't find it on the disorganized mess that is the YRA site, but I didn't try very hard.

I just saw the Hobie Wave go by my house (Benicia). I think they gave him an early start. Should be no problem for the M20 to catch him by next weekend.

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

Where did you find that?

I got it over on the Latitude38 web site (http://www.latitude38.com/YRASchedule/minequip.html) which looks like a reprint of the YRA master calendar.

I actually couldn't find it on the disorganized mess that is the YRA site, but I didn't try very hard.

I just saw the Hobie Wave go by my house (Benicia). I think they gave him an early start. Should be no problem for the M20 to catch him by next weekend.

Well if they give us any grief:

0. We are providing a chase boat.

1. We all do that all the time.

2. We wear PFD's all the time. So, the life ring is already attached to the man overboard.

3. There is nothing to burn or start a fire. We just go fast and let the spray put the fire out.

4. I use a sponge as a bilge pump. It is very effective. We have enough flotation to sail with the hull completely full of water. I saved a guy's catamaran last weekend in the ocean that left the drain plugs out.

5. Dragging the crew behind the boat on the trapeze has to at least count as a sea anchor ;)

How do any small boats sail under these rules for other regattas? The rule looks like it applies to all RYA events.

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

Where did you find that?

Well if they give us any grief:

0. We are providing a chase boat.

1. We all do that all the time.

2. We wear PFD's all the time. So, the life ring is already attached to the man overboard.

3. There is nothing to burn or start a fire. We just go fast and let the spray put the fire out.

4. I use a sponge as a bilge pump. It is very effective. We have enough flotation to sail with the hull completely full of water. I saved a guy's catamaran last weekend in the ocean that left the drain plugs out.

5. Dragging the crew behind the boat on the trapeze has to at least count as a sea anchor ;)

How do any small boats sail under these rules for other regattas? The rule looks like it applies to all RYA events.

I think the only thing that could possibly burst into flames might be your legs if you don't put on enough sunscreen. Spontaneous Human Combustion could happen at any moment. You may also be going so fast that you begin to laugh uncontrollably and explode. Probably won't set your boat on fire, but any leadmines with dacron sails in the area might catch on fire. But they are suppose to have a fire extinguisher, so that's their problem.

Rename your crew Danforth or CQR and I think the trapeze anchor is spot on.

I don't think YRA does anything with small boats.

anybody lookin for crew?

My complete resume:

I can drive.

I can trim.

I like to go fast.

lemme know.

munt

Except for the last line, probably the worst sailing resume ever posted!

If you think that resume was bad, here's mine.

My complete resume:

I can't drive.

I can't trim.

I like to go fast, but can't figure out how to do it.

I generally cry or whine too loudly (even on my own boat)

I need the skipper to buy me a beer (if we win or lose)

lemme know.

bhyde

And the F-18's are running as a class boat for boat.

You missed a ... challenging... regatta up here. The hailstorms were particularly fun. :unsure:

anybody lookin for crew?

My complete resume:

I can drive.

I can trim.

I like to go fast.

lemme know.

munt

Except for the last line, probably the worst sailing resume ever posted!

Seems a perfect resume.

Add "I show up on time" and "I take abuse well" and it's just what most skippers need in a crew.

you forget "I break everything I touch"

Had a trailer malfunction the week before. I'm 0/3 on making races this year.

If you think that resume was bad, here's mine.

My complete resume:

I can't drive.

I can't trim.

I like to go fast, but can't figure out how to do it.

I generally cry or whine too loudly (even on my own boat)

I need the skipper to buy me a beer (if we win or lose)

lemme know.

bhyde

That sounds like my Resume.

So far 24 multihulls signed up. 9 of them are F18's making it the second largest class. Lets see if we can get more.

It is going to get a little crowded when the river becomes 100 m wide. Luckily, we should be passed the 100 or so monohulls by that time.

Alex:

Thanks for saying so...I will miss out on the fun, I know.

Have a great sail.

Later,

Dan

Just saw this new entry:

Tuki

Owners: Roger Barnett

Sail Number: 1

Home Port: Alameda

Boat Type: Pro Sail-40

Model: Por Sail 40

Year Manufactured: 8-8-1988

Designer: Morrolli & Melvin

LOA: 40.0 Feet

Beam: 20.0 Feet

Draft: 3.0 Feet

Crew Details

Skipper Randy Smyth

Helmsmen Roger Barnett

Crew Richard Matthews

Crew Johnny Lovell

Crew Noah Shaw

Has anyone ever heard of these guys? ;)

What are we at four Olympic medalists in the multihull division for this race?

What are we at four Olympic medalists in the multihull division for this race?

From my count it's definitely 4. And.... one of the dudes that designed the new entry. Good Call VB! Tuki's almost as fun to watch as you F18s.

The Delta Ditch Pinch. Tuki is about 5 miles out in front of the next boat, an F 18. Wind from the north puffing above 20 in spots. Craig and Andy, then in close 3rd Jay and Pease... Then about 2 miles down course, in 4th the Arc 40 and Pegasus M32.

Adreneline broke down, returned to RYC. Cats flipping, fucking crazy chop. Here comes another f18. Phillip and Mark Lewis. M32 1/4 mile back.

Surf City is tied up to a channel marker having lunch waiting for the bulk of the fleet. It took all the skiff had to catch up with Tuki. Now were way ahead of the bulk of the fleet. Slightly beat up. Fresh water is good for the camera, right?

Dixie just passed on a SC 37. Another F 18, and 2 Hobie 20s. Cats Sass passed at a good clip.

Thanks for the reports and video!!!

Wind is back on. Maybe 15 or so and not a kite in the sky. A pack of big monos passed and then a few Melges 24s. Sunny and warm, flat water.

Your location?

6. Fog horn.

7. Marine compass.

Items 2 through 5 seem like a bit of a problem, but on a dinghy or beach cat I'm not sure they really apply.

The reason I ask is that a few years ago we tried to get some I14's entered and YRA basically said, "No f'ing way you lunatics." Can't say that I really blame them.

I like the idea of doing the DDR on the Weta. The boat is tough as shit and requires almost no effort to sail for hour and hours. However, if there is a breakdown and the keel boats guys have to come to our aid, you can bet shit will hit the fan.

/hijack

Seems like a solution could be a crash boat for the wetas if that becomes an issue

A few spins now. Yucca hoisted for about a quarter mile, then decided it was too tight. Lots of asys out. I am currently at channel marker 2. Tied up again, eating again. Mast stuck in the mud required some horsepower from a sheriff boat. The skiff didn't have the fuerte. The fleet is really spread out, and I can only imagine that Tuki is already finished.

Most of the f 18s have passed us now, and the larger,faster cats. Cat sass just passed hauling ass. They,ve managed to keep the pointy end up so far this year.

3 melges 32 are coming up the channel with spis up. Tight group all the way up the ditch.

Massive current here at channel marker 2. Wind from the north about 15. Puffy.

Really almost 4 hours since last report?

Dunked phone. Woops.

First over the line was Tuki, followed by Jay And Pease aboard their F18. Then Phillip and Mark aboard an F18. Conditions were brutal, I'm completely beat. One turtled boat, several assists with righting, not much carnage to report amazingly. The nuclear puffs that were rolling through RYC this morning had me worried. Comittee boat T-bone incident at the Moore 24 start.

3 Amazing things: Yucca, it's just a bad ass boat. TUKI, the thing just flat out hauls ass. And 3, this guy named Gary Russel, aboard a Hobie 16 fended off a ton of other boats early on when it was really rough. He was ahead of pretty much every other beach cat for a while; just hanging on in the fierce chop.

Full report soon. All videos are raw at this point. We have a HD Hero mounted to the windshield of the skiff. I'll break into that data soon.

899214616_8jBQr-X2.jpg

899215129_8zCnc-X2.jpg

Jeremy, dry the phone out. I'll call you in a bit. Love yer work mate.

2010 Delta Ditch Run

Performance Multis - Texel Scoring

Class=Texel ScoreMethod=Texel (Time Correction Factor)

RaceName=Ditch-Multi 1 and F18

2010 Ditch Run Performance Multi Class

WindSpeed:15 WindDirection:NNW

Division=F18

Date: 06/12/10 StartTime: 10:30:00 Distance: 67.5nm

PosSailBoatSkipperTCFTypeFinishElapsedCorrectedScore

1 USA28Breakfast at Billl'sGlaser,Pease0.9970F1816:33:0506:03:0506:02:001Division G

2 1898Sling ShotMeredith,Phillip0.9970Tiger F1816:35:5706:05:5706:04:512Division G

3 USA 8OchoYandow,Craig0.9970C216:36:5306:06:5306:05:473Division G

4 2490Kaos vs. ControlFroeb,Charles0.9970Tiger F1816:48:3106:18:3106:17:234Division G

5 2591TigerMoore,Jason0.9970Hobie Tiger F-1817:05:0106:35:0106:33:505Division G

6 1682GonzoVan Brunt,Alex0.9970Tiger18:11:1507:41:1507:39:526Division G

7 2540No Name 2Hearn,Brian0.9970F-1818:13:3607:43:3607:42:137Division G

8 1974F-18 HOBIE TIGERCOLLINS,JEFF0.9970F-18 HOBIE TIGER18:38:5008:08:5008:07:228Division G

DNS1456The VikingWillis,Eric0.9970Tiger F-1810Division G

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 11.2 knots

Division=Multi 1

Date: 06/12/10 StartTime: 10:30:00 Distance: 67.5nm

PosSailBoatSkipperTCFTypeFinishElapsedCorrectedScore11TukiMatthews,Richard1.1950ProSail 4015:43:2805:13:2806:14:361Division G

2 1017Rojo RojoMeacock,David J1.0400Nacra 2016:45:0106:15:0106:30:012Division G

3 111721PippinRussell,Gary0.8740Hobie 1618:13:2907:43:2906:45:053Division G

4 87945Cat SassBarrett,Pat1.0000Viva 2717:23:4206:53:4206:53:424Division G

5 111Carpe DiemParsons,Tim1.0140Hobie Miracle 2017:29:2206:59:2207:05:145Division G

6 935NemesisZimmer,Mark1.0000Hobie Miracle 2017:38:1907:08:1907:08:196Division G

7 14TrapoutSmith,Jason0.9960Nacra 5.817:51:2007:21:2007:19:347Division G

8 15RhinoSchmalzer,Peter0.9960Nacra 5.818:10:1807:40:1807:38:288Division G

9 16824CatastropheBikle,Mike0.9410Hobie 1819:30:4009:00:4008:28:469Division G

10 512Bastetlittle,mike1.0530Hobie Miracle 2018:48:1808:18:1808:44:4310Division G

DNF 44AdrenalineErkelens,William1.1010D class modified15Division G

DNF 226No NameSailer,Mark0.9510Hobie FX115Division G

DNS USA49Shadow Pa TiKilroy,John1.1810Prosail 4015Division G

DNF 984AddictionReese,steve1.0000Hobie Miracle 2015Division G

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 12.9 knots

RaceOfficer:

2010 Delta Ditch Run

PHRF Multi-Hull Class

TCF=615/480+PHRF

Class=Multi 2 ScoreMethod=PHRF (Time on time)

RaceName=Ditch-Multi

WindSpeed:10 WindDirection:WSW

Division=Multi 2

Date: 06/12/10 StartTime: 10:35:00 Distance: 67.5nm

PosSailBoatSkipperPHRFTypeFinishElapsedCorrected

1 173WaterWingsLawson,Jim0F-31RS18:06:1107:31:1109:38:05

2 277PapillonScott,Andrew51F2719:18:0008:43:0010:05:44

3 74WingitWells,Amy51F2723:09:2112:34:2114:33:4142899

4 Wahoo!Thompson,Gary135Dolphin 460 Catamaran1|01:27:4314:52:4314:52:43

DNF 8millennium falcondonovan,john141Cross 27 Tri

DNF 247Peregrine FalconGardner,Bill51F27

DNF 10105BluebirdRopers,Mike159Seawind 1000 XL

DNF 116041CapriceSeifers,Robert156Seawind 1160

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 9.0 knots

Jeremy,

Big thanks for standing by and trying to unstick me!

Pete

Nacra 5.8 "Rhino"

No worries, Pete! That's how we roll.

Anyone feeling beat up?

Anyone feeling beat up?

Jeremy

Thanks for being out there on the course with your swimmer. It was a long day for everyone.

Pease and I were a bit under dressed for the conditions. We were expecting a little less breeze and for the Stockton temps to appear sooner. The water in San Pablo was cold. Beating up the channel by False River was a change.

As always the Ditch is an adventure and we were making notes for next year on the drive back to Long Beach.

Jay

I'm beat up, and still beating myself up.

I made it through the hairy stuff in good position - ahead of all the monohulls, just behind the white-hulled big cat (Cat Sass?), and I threw it all away by being unprepared for a puff and then spending an hour upside down.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't bite it again in the home stretch. The mast was still half-full of water when we got to Stockton and we had quite a lot of water in each hull. Made the boat really want to go down the mineshaft with the kite up.

I made it through the hairy stuff in good position - ahead of all the monohulls, just behind the white-hulled big cat (Cat Sass?), and I threw it all away by being unprepared for a puff and then spending an hour upside down.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't bite it again in the home stretch. The mast was still half-full of water when we got to Stockton and we had quite a lot of water in each hull. Made the boat really want to go down the mineshaft with the kite up.

How would you feel about seeing some video Rhino?

How would you feel about seeing some video Rhino?

Sure, why not.

Just a FYI there were 5 olympic medalists in the Multi hull fleet. Who can name the 5th? Just a hint they medaled on the flying Dutchman.

Jeremy,

Thanks again for being there for all the multi hulls. I know it made me feel much more secure knowing you were somewhere out there.

Beat up? I don't remember feeling as beat up as I felt Sunday. Not having a cunningham for the last 40 miles or so wore me out on the main trim. Next year I'll definitely need to do more training on the lead up. I was surprised how tiring the protected water sailing was. By the time we got to that beat section on False River I was spent and unfortunately that all led to my little swim (which was actually quite enjoyable). Craig did a great job getting back to me alone but it must of cost us 4-5 minutes. Oh well - great event.

Andy K.

Just a FYI there were 5 olympic medalists in the Multi hull fleet. Who can name the 5th? Just a hint they medaled on the flying Dutchman.

Tim Parsons.

Congrats Rhino you won the grand prize.

We'll get you a nice "Flying H" to cover that upside down "U" on your sail.

How about Chris Steinfeld on Adrenaline-470 silver 1984

Congrats Rhino you won the grand prize.

We'll get you a nice "Flying H" to cover that upside down "U" on your sail.

I checked my GPS track - the upside-down U was right-side up for 45 minutes. Too bad sturgeon can't read.

A flying H with a Wildcat under it would be nice, but right now I'm dreaming of a C2.

How about Chris Steinfeld on Adrenaline-470 silver 1984

I need to start using phrases like, "at least". It's hard to keep track of all of you guys.

Ooooo, not fun; sorry to hear Rhino.

Rhino

Both the C2 and Wildcat are nice boats. Couldn't go wrong either way. But there is more Hobie in the Area to race with.

I missed the part where the boat was actually righted. I had to move for traffic. The little 60 horse skiff just didn't have the fuerte. Had to get the twin dieseled sheriff boat. Still toying with the dash cam. I have to get uncomfortable close to sailing boats to get anything good, and I don't want to bum anyone's trip. If it were my local crew, I'd get right in there. For documentation like this it seems to work.

The race was brutal. We saw the forecast which called for 12-14 and 90 degrees and I thought that I was way too smart to put on a drysuit for 8 hours of 90 degree weather. At the starting line it was blowing mid 20s from the North with possibly a little East in it straight into a flood which made for interesting conditions. I paid the price as I was wearing board shorts and a spray top. I warmed up after a couple of bridges where the water finally got smooth enough for me to stop shivering. We finally got to hoist and it felt like the DItch Run but San Pablo Bay was tough. As bad as we were getting it, the monohulls looked like they were getting punished. I can remember seeing the Melges 24s with flogging mains completely heeled over and passing Moore 24s to leeward not making much headway. Many thanks to Jeremy at Surf City for supporting the "beach cats" on our run to Stockton. IF you look at the finishing times from last year, it was only 30-35 mins longer this year for the F18s but 2x harder for sure.

I can't wait to next year, and no matter what the forecast says, I'm wearing the drysuit.