Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZAR

CLEVELAND RACE WEEK 2010

Just 3 days till we kick off CLEVELAND RACE WEEK 2010...30 YEARS AND STILL GOING STRONG!!

(Hey, by this time next year lake Erie may be covered in oil!)

CRW Home

CRW Schedule

LET THE SMACK BEGIN

Cleveland Race Week:"The electricity is in the air!"

post-1236-12766933552_thumb.jpg

I think that was the lightning bolt that took out my electronics last year...!

post-2030-127669446749_thumb.png

this was us on the way out to the Sat start last year...

<object width="980" height="765"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="980" height="765"></embed></object>

I think that was the lightning bolt that took out my electronics last year...!

16 switches...

these are the girls that took out my brain cells

post-1236-127669488368_thumb.jpg

screw it...I can't figure out how to post a link to a you tube video...

go to you tube and put in schock 40 and you'll see it. if you have the patience...

go to you tube and put in schock 40 and you'll see it. if you have the patience...

Ridiculous speed...

yeah, and it was only 15 knots...we've seen 20 since then...

Here's a pic of me wearing my 1985 Cleveland Race Week shirt....and sunglasses that were 2X bigger than they needed to be. (Anone else remember Nautalex / Vuarnet sunglasses?)

I think the pic was in Annapolis or somewhere else...I don't think that's EYC.

Thought you all might get a kick out of that.

post-45496-127669792497_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of me wearing my 1985 Cleveland Race Week shirt....and sunglasses that were 2X bigger than they needed to be. (Anone else remember Nautalex / Vuarnet sunglasses?)

I had a set of Nautilux's.....they were the absolute best pair of sunglasses I have ever had.

Definitely a CYC Sail Camp clone...kinda look like this guy...

johnny-3-300x245.jpg

Back then, I think it was called Rocky River Yacht Club.

There wasn't such a thing as Sail Camp for me. I lived in Kinsman OH next to a farm. My mom got a call one day from my teacher, she said I was "lying to the other kids about yacht racing on the weekends." Bitch...

CRW Death Squall c1995?

I miss Race Week!

post-112-127669835026_thumb.jpg

I remember that one - too well.

screw it...I can't figure out how to post a link to a you tube video..

2DOG 2 new TRICKS

Open to the post page.

Post/reply/edit

#1 type [youtube ] Paste Copy or type address of vedio here [/youtube ]

OR

#2 SEE Above icons on post page. Left click media.png (Insert media )

Copy the address of video

INTO MEDIA URL box. paste Copy of vedeo address over HTTP:

next Click INSERT MEDIA

Works on almost all video type media

Zar - Will there be another SA gathering with swag this year?

yes, the ED is sending a box of goodies to clothe the hoards of SA unwashed...I'm figuring Sat the 26th I've had some suggestions to take it off site, but its hard enough to get everyone together as it is!....we'll have to take another stab at a winter get together this year

Ridiculous speed...

i remember there bieng a death roll at the end of that video!

Revolution 3 will be there, who knows what fleet. Could be A or B depending on number of entrants. Either a big A fleet or 2 fleets with 6 boats (unless there is anyone else I'm missing).

Flyer

Schockstar

Bobsled

Flat Stanley

Vanpire

Lake Effect

Glory Days

Revolution III

Slingshot

Snooker

Rush

Revolution 3 will be there, who knows what fleet. Could be A or B depending on number of entrants. Either a big A fleet or 2 fleets with 6 boats (unless there is anyone else I'm missing).

Flyer -42

Schockstar -18

Bobsled -6

Flat Stanley 21

Vanpire 21

Lake Effect 21

Glory Days 30

Revolution III 42

Slingshot 42

Snooker 45

Rush 45

any word on the farr 40's, if we get two of them we could have an entirely negative A fleet

Flyer -42

Schockstar -18

Bobsled -6

Flat Stanley 21

Vanpire 21

Lake Effect 21

Glory Days 30

Revolution III 42

Slingshot 42

Snooker 45

Rush 45

any word on the farr 40's, if we get two of them we could have an entirely negative A fleet

pretty sure spiff is going. also, the viper 830 @ 51

i wonder if its going to be:

the 32s are the wildcard, they are different boats then the s-sail 1d, mumms, and sail different angles then the hendo and ft10m

Flyer

Schockstar

Spiff

Bobsled

Flat Stanley

Vanpire

Lake Effect

Glory Days

Revolution III

Slingshot

Snooker

Rush

Viper 830

CC 115s

Mr Ed

72 raters

That should make for some interesting roundings...

Zar needs to give Titge his camera. This one is gonna be good

I wouldn't mind those splits. It would be tough for everyone in the fleet if they went from -42 to 45. Nothing like finishing and counting many minutes on the stopwatch.

Someone should point out that it's not a week, it's TEN consecutive days of sailboat racing!

The local TV weather people think that the weather may or may-not get interesting tomorrow (Saturday) between 3 PM and 6 PM.

the 32s are the wildcard, they are different boats then the s-sail 1d, mumms, and sail different angles then the hendo and ft10m

Flyer

Schockstar

Spiff

Bobsled

Flat Stanley

Vanpire

Lake Effect

Badfish

Glory Days

Revolution III

Slingshot

Snooker

Rush

Viper 830

CC 115s

Mr Ed

72 raters

Someone should point out that it's not a week, it's TEN consecutive days of sailboat racing!

The local TV weather people think that the weather may or may-not get interesting tomorrow (Saturday) between 3 PM and 6 PM.

I can garentee tat its going to get interesting tomorrowbetween 3 PM and 6 PM....around Les's blender!!!!!

For One Design Weekend we have (very unofficial of course):

22 - J/22

16 - T-10

10 - Jet 14

6 - J/24

5 - J/105

4 - Ensign

8:30 PM Friday evening. I wonder if it will reach Edgewater?

post-6798-127690807952_thumb.jpg

So the Friday evening storm disappeared before it got to Cleveland, but the wind got gusty after midnight.

The early Saturday morning storm seems to be fading and heading SE.

No T-10 finishes, the wind direction was all over the map. (this is second-hand information, I wasn't out there)

i didn't sail, but it seemed to be two great days for some OD sailing.

getting ready for the PHRF series, very excited!

Any Friday results from the T-ten lake erie championship?

This off the class website - not much information in a not so timely fashion;

updated 6/20/10

T-Ten Lake Erie Championship - 16 boats

Congratulations to Scott Erwin, T-Ten President, and Team IBall for winning the T-Ten Lake Erie Championship at Cleveland Race Week One Design Weekend. Edgewater Yacht Club and Fleet 19 sponsored this well run T-Ten sanctioned event with three days of racing, plenty of parties and plenty of prizes. Conditions went from totally shifty on Friday to heavy winds on Saturday and great sailing on Sunday. Everyone checked in according to the T-Ten rules and had a great time. More details and photos to follow.

Heard the ZAR was rushed to the hospital during yesterday's race. Anyone have an update?

where did you hear this??? I know nothing and am shocked to hear this! but swear i saw him on the patio after racing yesterday....

Heard the ZAR was rushed to the hospital during yesterday's race. Anyone have an update?

where did you hear this??? I know nothing and am shocked to hear this! but swear i saw him on the patio after racing yesterday....

he was admitted to lakewood last night

A friend that was on the RC boat said that the T-10 that ZAR was on-board withdrew and was met at the dock by an ambulance. Just confirmed that he was admitted to Lakewood Hospital. Prayers for a speedy recovery...

I stopped by the club yesterday and saw the Ambulance and Fire Truck. I didn't realize it was anything serious. That's a bummer. I hope it's nothing serious.

A friend that was on the RC boat said that the T-10 that ZAR was on-board withdrew and was met at the dock by an ambulance. Just confirmed that he was admitted to Lakewood Hospital. Prayers for a speedy recovery...

It's not CRW without ZAR. Best wishes and thoughts go out to him.

Flyer

Schockstar

Spiff

Bobsled

Flat Stanley

Vanpire

Lake Effect

Badfish

Glory Days

Revolution III

Slingshot

Snooker

Rush

Viper 830

CC 115s

Mr Ed

72 raters

Where are all of these boats?

Half of them are not signed up and registration closes tomorrow.

Get the boats out, it looks like a great week!

my heart started raceing when I saw the shirt you were wearing!

my heart started raceing when I saw the shirt you were wearing!

Don't blame it on the amazing shirts. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

feeling great, the doc put me on high fiber rum drinks bean sprout cigars, and said I can't dance with girls under 30! I'll be out there thursday thanks for the love

z

feeling great, the doc put me on high fiber rum drinks bean sprout cigars, and said I can't dance with girls under 30! I'll be out there thursday thanks for the love

z

Hell Yes!

z

Who 'wit? Your condition was probably caused in part by being on or around a T10.

z

Who 'wit? Your condition was probably caused in part by being on or around a T10.

Best cure would be getting on or around a Farr 36 (+2) OD...

z

Glad you're feeling better.

So the whole think was just gas I heard. Good for you. See you round the blender.

BTW Dogbark, what OD stand for? in Farr36OD?

z

Glad you're feeling better.

So the whole think was just gas I heard. Good for you. See you round the blender.

BTW Dogbark, what OD stand for? in Farr36OD?

Ok so I'm on the weather mark boat on course 3, (jets & Ensigns) we're setting up for the last race, and the RC calls for the weather mark to be moved out to 1.5 miles! I figure if they do 2 laps, thats a 6 mile Ensign race.....SHEEEEEIT by the tme I get in the beer will be gone....so I grab my chest, and do my best Fred Sanford!.ok. I got carried away

hey, I don't know how accurate the entreant list is, but looks like a great womens event tonight ..IF there's wind and IF it don't storm

McIntyre Edgewater Yacht Club Celebration 23927 T-10 126 View

Desmond EWYC Blue Meanie 761 Ensign N/A View

Dodge EYC Coyote 249/23851 T-10 126 View

Aguero CYC Fever 42477 PHRF 72 View

Karges EYC Unruly 51945 PHRF 78 View

sminchak / uhlir LYC it 144 J-105 90 View

Florence/Newpher EYC Ja2 562 PHRF 90 View

Karns EWYC Vertical 1668 JAM 242 View

Skoch Edgewater Yacht Club Vanpire 32 139 PHRF 21 View

sacco ewyc CHIPSHIP 15481 JAM View

Dreshar None Play it Again Sam 41229 JAM 121 View

Long FCYC Wileaway 32595 JAM 151 View

Bransch Cleveland YC Star Ten 30748 T-10 126 View

Eggett Edgewater yacht Club Trivial Pursuit 33734 JAM 89 View

Cutler - Skipper EYC Left Main 60190 JAM View

van Ginkel Boat owner is Bob Anshuetz a member of EYC Vulcan not sure Ensign

welcome back ZAR. glad your ok

Welcome back ZAR, I'm also glad you're ok.

Hey Danny, whatever your parents paid for your education, you should give them a full refund.

welcome back ZAR. glad your ok

Welcome back ZAR, I'm also glad you're ok.

Hey Danny, whatever your parents paid for your education, you should give them a full refund.

Hey,... Hey,... Hey Apple. Want to hear a joke?

One Design...or Oh Damn we're gonna crash...

Doesn't that sugar scoop kind of spike the OD thing? Maybe you sould be listing "OOD" One Off Design

Nice job in the Roberts. It's nice to see a new boat get a few wins out of the box. If more did maybe there would be more new boats around!

Doesn't that sugar scoop kind of spike the OD thing? Maybe you sould be listing "OOD" One Off Design

Nice job in the Roberts. It's nice to see a new boat get a few wins out of the box. If more did maybe there would be more new boats around!

Maybe next year the j22's and J24's will go strait up OD.

Its only two feet.

anyone (ZAR) have a list of the EWYC waypoints? Love to put them in my GPS tonight instead of scrambling on Thursday... I don't see them on the CRW site.

help a brother out...will ya?

anyone (ZAR) have a list of the EWYC waypoints? Love to put them in my GPS tonight instead of scrambling on Thursday... I don't see them on the CRW site.

ZAR doesn't have them. He has always relied on his "eagle eyes". besides those new fangled GPS' are confusin.

They are listed in the attached document. Not the correct SI's for the event, but you just want the co-ordinates anyways. They are on line on the BB.

FixedMarkInstructions.pdf

Probably. What's in a name though...

Thank you. We learned a ton doing 19+ in the dark. Made a couple mistakes that cost us a bunch of time. Goal is to have a blast learning the boat this year but the expectation is to win. We're just lucky to have a solid crew and a hell of a owner/driver.

If everybody had the chance to feel 19 on plane...there would be a lot more new boats around. Addictive.

Wait till you pass 20.

No kidding. Been a memnber of the "20 kont club" for a few years now. An experience. We had awards at our first winter crew party for everyone on the boat when the GPS said we went over 20.

ZAR doesn't have them. He has always relied on his "eagle eyes". besides those new fangled GPS' are confusin.

They are listed in the attached document. Not the correct SI's for the event, but you just want the co-ordinates anyways. They are on line on the BB.

my RDF works just fine thank you...plus I can STILL pick up "WIXY 1260!"

post-1236-127723413615_thumb.jpg

It was f*n awesome...19.8 on the TackTick...but what's 2/10's. Still high from the ride. Got damn close to ending the "crash pool" at CYC. We're pretty much on-call for the next day it's 20+ out of the south.

It was f*n awesome...19.8 on the TackTick...but what's 2/10's. Still high from the ride. Got damn close to ending the "crash pool" at CYC. We're pretty much on-call for the next day it's 20+ out of the south.

19.6 for me. yes, i wish it was 20 knots too

Where in the world do get this stuff? Glad to see you're well enough to go back 40 years.

You didn't crash?!? Reportedly the 1D35 had a spectacular one. Down for so long it's visible on the GPS track.

You didn't crash?!? Reportedly the 1D35 had a spectacular one. Down for so long it's visible on the GPS track.

we came close, I'm sure it would have been spectacular had it happend!!

yes...hard to go back to a slow boat after 15+.

yes, I was on the 1d. it was a good one

Red means fast, right?

red means haul out, hit the bottom w/ on-off, and get to edgewater quickly. haha

On the noon TV news shows, all the weather reporters say the the first storm is rapidly diminishing and may disappear.

Where in the world do get this stuff? Glad to see you're well enough to go back 40 years.

coming up with this stuff is easy, finding anyone around here old enough to know what WIXY is (OR and RDF for that matter)...now THATS hard

My 69 camaro was pegged to WIXY 1260 growing up or was that the 65 impala. If you grew up in that time period and remember it with clarity you weren't there. You smell what I'm cookin'? Keep kickin' it Zar.