Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

albanyguy

Freo Laser surfing

You might remember the Rocko to Freo run footage and Freo Laser Sailing footage from last winter, down under winter that is.

We had a bit of a blow yesterday and after racing was canned at Royal Freshwater Bay the boys just could not resist.

Enjoy.

Thanks for embedding it Driftwood. Couldn't work out how to do it but then again I had only 2 hours sleep between end of the TDF coverage and kick off for the World Cup Final so wasn't really with it when I posted it earlier.

Yeah! That looks like tons of fun! Thanks for that!

Rumour has it that these extreme Laser junkies here in Perth have appropriated a clapped out Laser to rebuild special purpose bullet proof for these shenanigans.

The narrator on this vid was talking about going out today, more breeze, better angles.

Cant get hold of the camera mount, so no go.

What is it we say here, pics or it never happened :lol:

Expect to see more from these laser hooligans!

Ok, so if work are looking for me, just show them this and tell them I've gone sailing. They can't argue with that, right?

And one day someone will invent the sailboard which will be further developed into a short wave board that will sink if it is not moving...

Although sailing a laser in big waves can fun - Used to have a ball off South Head (Sydney) in the right conditions without the hassle of launching in the surf.

what video camera and mount do you use?. The quality of the images was excellent considering it was a grey,overcast day. the laser shots seemed to be steadier than the onshore vision

good stuff!

extra question What software to you use to edit the vision and put the music track underneath?

The video was excellent...! Great video quality from the transom forward--really sharp and steady... I am curious like scribe asked--What camera and mount did you use...?

Thanks for your response in advance,

-pipia

Gotta love the shot where the hiking strap gives out.

Its gives a whole new meaning to "toes up"

God I wish I were young again. Reminds me of some times we used to have back in the early/mid 80s with Lasers on Lake Mich. Thanks for the trip!

The video was excellent...! Great video quality from the transom forward--really sharp and steady... I am curious like scribe asked--What camera and mount did you use...?

-pipia

The camera mount was a homemade job comprising of some 3/4 ally tube and canopy fittings which was all mounted underneath the traveller fairleads with some homemade right angle brackets made out of some s/s plate.

I know as it was thought up and put together in my shop!!!

'Freo Laser Hooligans'

I smell a t-shirt.

hahaha

I think he's on to something there TA. Ki could sell them as part of his fundraising for his European campaign.

'Freo Laser Hooligans'

I smell a t-shirt.

hahaha

I think he's on to something there TA. Ki could sell them as part of his fundraising for his European campaign.

freodoctor special edition shirt you reckon?

'Freo Laser Hooligans'

I smell a t-shirt.

hahaha

freodoctor special edition shirt you reckon?

Yep!!

Great stuff, makes me want to go get the club Laser out.

Great stuff, makes me want to go get the club Laser out.

Yeah good idea but you'd need a trailer as well to go down to Portsea to get some real waves ohmy.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

what camera did you use?

-pipia

The camera mount was a homemade job comprising of some 3/4 ally tube and canopy fittings which was all mounted underneath the traveller fairleads with some homemade right angle brackets made out of some s/s plate.

Can you answer Scribe's question re the camera Mezaire? Also I'm guessing you've come up with the idea for the reinforcements for the fittings for the bulletproof Laser?

Looks like fun ,Don't believe thats 30 kts though ,more like 20 ,those windsurfers are barely plaining ,in 30 kts they would have been LIT.

Q how long does a laser last punishing it through surf??? Hate to buy one of your 2nd hand boats!!

keep the videos coming good work...

I hope they never grow up simply because that shit rocks my socks off!

-pipia

Can you answer Scribe's question re the camera Mezaire? Also I'm guessing you've come up with the idea for the reinforcements for the fittings for the bulletproof Laser?

Just a waterproof standard digital, something like the lumix I think.

Looks like fun ,Don't believe thats 30 kts though ,more like 20 ,those windsurfers are barely plaining ,in 30 kts they would have been LIT.

Q how long does a laser last punishing it through surf??? Hate to buy one of your 2nd hand boats!!

keep the videos coming good work...

Definately gusting 30. Waves at that beach don't look like that on a typical seabreeze day and that's 20-25.

what video camera and mount do you use?. The quality of the images was excellent considering it was a grey,overcast day. the laser shots seemed to be steadier than the onshore vision

good stuff!

Yeh we have a tripod planned for the next onshore footage. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT1.

extra question What software to you use to edit the vision and put the music track underneath?

Probably something like Adobe Final Cut ( http://www.apple.com...io/finalcutpro/ ), but there may be cheaper software that can do the same thing ..

Software was an Apple program... not sure what one, is on my friends computer.....

Camera was Pansonic Lumix DMC - FT1

and yes reinforcements on my "new" boat are progressing nicely smile.gif

Hey TA should we give him the traditional SA noob welcome or because of his cult level status should we go easy? cool.gif

Hey TA should we give him the traditional SA noob welcome or because of his cult level status should we go easy? cool.gif

You're quite right AG.

Hey Tristan, great vid, now where are the pics of your girlfriends tits you noob.

You're quite right AG.

Hey Tristan, great vid, now where are the pics of your girlfriends tits you noob.

Hahaha

I hope they never grow up simply because that shit rocks my socks off!

+1 Keep it up boys! and keep the crazy videos coming :D

You're quite right AG.

Welcome to the Club Tristan, although TA's not joking you really need to do as he asks, especially if you want to be known as a true cult hero ohmy.gif

Since TB doesn't have a GF he can't post a pic of her tits here but he does have a photo of his new toy laugh.gif

post-25094-127919579068_thumb.jpg

Expect some more hot Freo Laser Hooligan footage once the Bulletproof Laser has been refitted and there is another 30+kn blow on the West Coast of Oz.

i used IMOVIE

i used IMOVIE

Haha look out K1 is on the Anarchy now too!

i used IMOVIE

OK TA I'll do the honours here - Hey Noob where's the pic of your girlfriends tits? laugh.gif

i used IMOVIE

Tristan, you really shouldn't out people, it is junt not the done thing here at SA.

How would you like it if we told everyone your name?

Bet you wouldn't.

Where are the pics of tits noob.

:P:blink::ph34r:

What happened to the good old Fuck Off N00B?

i used IMOVIE

Tristan, you really shouldn't out people, it is junt not the done thing here at SA.

How would you like it if we told everyone your name?

Bet you wouldn't.

Where are the pics of tits noob.

tongue.gifblink.gifph34r.gif

Clearly I dont care if people know who I am judging by my profile name haha

What happened to the good old Fuck Off N00B?

We were being gentle Ohf. You know kids these days..they are soooo sensitive

The West Oz Laser Sailors are at it again but this time surfing behind the coach boat but not just a Laser...have you seen an Opti surf before?