Editor

J/111 Goes Sailing...

48 minutes ago, glexpress said:

If I may ask what electronics are you upgrading to?

Edit:  Also what are you painting down below?  Are you getting rid of the head liner?

The head liner is my biggest gripe of the European built boats.

Electronics setup not official yet. Stay tuned.

Down below we're refreshing most of the painted spaces in the bow and under/behind all floorboards/bunks. Goot to keep it fresh & clean. Keeping the headliner for now as kind of like the cozy interior :) Priorities may change...

The headliner not only looks nice, but also prevents your head being scratched badly on the bolds sticking out of the roof. So also when you are racing only this thing may be a necessity.

6 hours ago, ZeeZee said:

The headliner not only looks nice, but also prevents your head being scratched badly on the bolds sticking out of the roof. So also when you are racing only this thing may be a necessity.

On my Express 27 we use barrel nuts to remedy that issue.  More steps are involved in bedding and making sure the screw is a precise length, but it's clean and flat. 

Finally had the chance to see the J111 in person here at the St. Pete NOOD's. Sweet looking boat and full praise from the owner and crew who were kind enough to let me step on-board and take a look. Depth challenges with Tampa Bay is the only drawback but we have dealt with 7.5" draft before, sure would be fun to try it again.