Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

got ink?

We showed you one of the hotties from the Copa Del Rey Wednesday, thanks to our friend Jesús Renedo and there were plenty more to see, but this one grabbed our attention, mostly because we found it really sexy, but it also made us wonder about how y'all feel about chicks with ink? We dig it, and with more younger babes in the sport, for sure there is more ink. It used to be thought of as weird, but not anymore!

copa ink.jpg

Ink is nice, if it is done right....

I see lots of girls with something little on their ankle, or on one side of their stomach, and many other places. That just looks tacky and makes a girl look cheap. VERY CHEAP.

What has been done above is pretty. I am all for pretty. I hate cheap.

LOVE ink. Got 5 tats myself. The one above is pretty sexy...

While she is trim,taut and terrific she and tat are very hot, BUT give her 20 years and 20 kilos and your perspective changes. Fat biker chicks are a case in point.

While she is trim,taut and terrific she and tat are very hot, BUT give her 20 years and 20 kilos and your perspective changes. Fat biker chicks are a case in point.

Yes, but the twenty years and twenty kilos are a bigger factor than the tat in the perception change....

Yeah but you don't keep her after 20 years and 20 kilos.... You upgrade to another trim, taught beauty!!!!

Yeah but you don't keep her after 20 years and 20 kilos.... You upgrade to another trim, taught beauty!!!!

Only if you think with your 2nd brain.

The upgrade pops out a kid or 2 then divorces you to boink the pool guy and takes your money for the rest of your life. Not too smart.

Was shipboard a few decades ago when we made a port call in Miami. One of my buds wanted a tattoo so he looked in the local yellow pages. There were 2 tattoo places. and 2 and a half PAGES of tattoo removal shops. Might be indicative of something...

Ink = Ick

Female skin can't be improved upon

Ink = Ick

Ditto. But if she insists, because she wants to "exercise control over her own body", I pray that it'll be something discrete.

Whatevah.rolleyes.gif

not opposed to tattoos, opposed to excessive tattoos

i have to wonder if, as a fad, it has run its course...

15 yrs from now, will it be like a mullet?

Tats never made a woman MORE beautiful.

It's a cliche but I don't care. I bet our kids will look at them with same bemused horror we have for our parent's beehive hairdos and double knit polyester leisure suits.

people have been getting tattoos for thousands of years...

Tats used to be a sign of individuality and rebellious spirit. I show my rebel side by not following the trend and getting a tat. They can definitely look good, but it's like nose piercings - for every 1 that actually looks attractive there are 150 where you say "wtf?"

A Tat on a woman is just a billboard that say; "I make Bad Life Choices"

thats absolutely not true at all. some of my best friends have tattoos and they're some of the most responsible girls i know. its a form of self expression that when has meaning to the wearer, can be really special.

of course..., but not professional people in developed countries...

we are extremely fickle when it comes to fashion, and my bet is that tats have already peaked in terms of popularity, and will soon be on the way down.

youth is always looking for a way to be different from their parents, and to generally annoy them as much as possible - tats have been popular long enough that many parents have them. their kids will decide tats are not so cool, and move on to something else...

you can't rebel by imitating your mom and dad.

we are extremely fickle when it comes to fashion, and my bet is that tats have already peaked in terms of popularity, and will soon be on the way down.

youth is always looking for a way to be different from their parents, and to generally annoy them as much as possible - tats have been popular long enough that many parents have them. their kids will decide tats are not so cool, and move on to something else...

That's so far off. I do hope tats have peaked in popularity so every douche bag with some dumb ass tribal arm band will go away, but it's nothing about annoying your parents. I have plenty of work done. I remember the moment when I knew I wanted a tattoo. I was very young, probably 4 or so, when I saw my grandpa's tats from way back when he was a Marine, and then seeing my cousins gramps with his old WWII navy tattoos. From that time on, I knew that they were the coolest things on the planet, and I wouldn't be happy till I was old enough to convince someone to put some on me.

+1, my tattoo had nothing to do with my parents, rebelling, anything of the sort. for me it was a way to honor a friend who died a couple years back and nothing else.

That's so far off. I do hope tats have peaked in popularity so every douche bag with some dumb ass tribal arm band will go away, but it's nothing about annoying your parents. I have plenty of work done. I remember the moment when I knew I wanted a tattoo. I was very young, probably 4 or so, when I saw my grandpa's tats from way back when he was a Marine, and then seeing my cousins gramps with his old WWII navy tattoos. From that time on, I knew that they were the coolest things on the planet, and I wouldn't be happy till I was old enough to convince someone to put some on me.

there will always be some people who just love them, and will get them no matter what anyone else does or thinks.

but what we have now, is a fad that has spread well beyond that..., to essentially every age and socio-economic group in the country, including some where where tats were _extremely_ uncommon a generation or two ago.

that kind of huge popularity doesn't last, for any fashion trend, and it won't for this one.

your tats may not be a "fashion trend", but trust me..., when practically every person under 25 has one, it's a fad...

"everyone" under 25 doesn't have one. It's obviously a lot more socially acceptable these days, so some folks who wouldn't have gotten them before now are, I just don't see it as widespread as you seem to think.

No thanks!

Especially dislike tramp stamps, might as well wear a sign saying "I'm white trash and easy"

tramp_stamp.jpg

WalMart for tats. Women's bodies cannot be improved upon, and tats only degrade. Used to be that the most useless thing on a woman's body was a drunken Frenchman. Now it's that tramp stamp.

As an employer I have to agree. Small discreet tats I can live with but I don't want my clients coming in to see an employee with massive tats. It is a fad and at some point in life people are going to regret a lot of these tats. BIG growth industry right now? Tat Removal!

It is all al matter of choice, but for woman, it is tacky. The artwork can be incredible for certain, but it just doesn't look good on women. The other day I am on the train here in Chicago, see an incredible looking professonal woman in a nice dress. She turned around and had a big tat across her shoulder blades. It just ruined the outfit and her looks.

Like I said, it is all a matter of choice. My opinion is that woman should not get tats. Leave them for hardcore bikes and inmates doing 15 to life for violent crime.

thats absolutely not true at all. some of my best friends have tattoos and they're some of the most responsible girls i know. its a form of self expression that when has meaning to the wearer, can be really special.

No offense, but you aren't old enough to judge whether or not your contemporaries have made bad life choices. You can certainly make the judgment of good or bad choices in the present, but in order to actually judge a life choice, one has to have been outside the family embrace for a while.

Bad choices

http://ugliesttattoos.com/

We showed you one of the hotties from the Copa Del Rey Wednesday, thanks to our friend Jesús Renedo and there were plenty more to see, but this one grabbed our attention, mostly because we found it really sexy, but it also made us wonder about how y'all feel about chicks with ink? We dig it, and with more younger babes in the sport, for sure there is more ink. It used to be thought of as weird, but not anymore!

Tats are for punks. I mean, honestly, do you really want a freakin' carp staring up at you as you buck and puff?

Tattoo's aren't just for sailors and whores anymore! I'll agree that 'tribal' tramp stamps are tacky, but TA2's have become much more than skulls and devils. Colors and styles have morphed the old concept into body art. I say if a woman decides to express the art of living passionately expressed as living art all you grey flannel suit types can fuck off!

There are lots of people with 1 or 2 tattoos that mean something to them, there always have been and there always will be.

I have had lengthy conversations with people who have both arms done who were able to tell me exactly why they wanted the sleeves done and what each tattoo meant to them. Those people are usually the ones who seem to be a whole person whose tattoos are a reflection of them. Generally quality work with meaning and a purpose.

On the other hand if you ask a seemingly larger number of people why the tattoos, the answer is "because they look cool". Those are the people who are a reflection of their tattoos, shallow and poorly drawn.

Tattoos are a fad. But like any fad some people will be able to pull it off forever, while others look clownish.

No offense, but you aren't old enough to judge whether or not your contemporaries have made bad life choices. You can certainly make the judgment of good or bad choices in the present, but in order to actually judge a life choice, one has to have been outside the family embrace for a while.

Bad choices

i think i have a pretty good handle on what constitutes a bad life choice or not. had a couple friends go to rehab, one did some time, couple are spinning their wheels going nowhere quickly with no real goal in sight. interestingly enough, none of them have tattoos. the ones that do have ink are generally motivated, healthy individuals. for them their tattoos have meaning. not all tattoos are like the ones on that website, i think you'd find the majority of people with ink got it for a reason. i think you'd also find that there are people with tattoos than you think there are.

Tattoo's aren't just for sailors and whores anymore! I'll agree that 'tribal' tramp stamps are tacky, but TA2's have become much more than skulls and devils. Colors and styles have morphed the old concept into body art. I say if a woman decides to express the art of living passionately expressed as living art all you grey flannel suit types can fuck off!

And until you can properly verbalize your support for anything you will be seen as a petulant child. And the tattoos will be seen as a reflection of that.

And BTW who are you to judge which tattoos are tacky and not tacky, while at the same time telling those who judge your tattoos to fuck off? A hypocrite is what you are.

The other day I am on the train here in Chicago, see an incredible looking professonal woman in a nice dress. She turned around and had a big tat across her shoulder blades. It just ruined the outfit and her looks.

I wish every man felt this way. Then I could have all the tattooed girls to myself.

Ink = Ick

Ditto. But if she insists, because she wants to "exercise control over her own body", I pray that it'll be something discrete.

Whatevah.rolleyes.gif

Spoken like someone with a daughter (or two).

I've yet to see a tattoo which makes the bearer more attractive.

There are lots of people with 1 or 2 tattoos that mean something to them, there always have been and there always will be.

I have had lengthy conversations with people who have both arms done who were able to tell me exactly why they wanted the sleeves done and what each tattoo meant to them. Those people are usually the ones who seem to be a whole person whose tattoos are a reflection of them. Generally quality work with meaning and a purpose.

On the other hand if you ask a seemingly larger number of people why the tattoos, the answer is "because they look cool". Those are the people who are a reflection of their tattoos, shallow and poorly drawn.

Tattoos are a fad. But like any fad some people will be able to pull it off forever, while others look clownish.

I agree with most of that, I just think that tattoo's in general aren't a fad, just certain types.

And the chick on the FP is hot with that work.

The other day I am on the train here in Chicago, see an incredible looking professonal woman in a nice dress. She turned around and had a big tat across her shoulder blades. It just ruined the outfit and her looks.

I wish every man felt this way. Then I could have all the tattooed girls to myself.

No. It would be the two of us.

And until you can properly verbalize your support for anything you will be seen as a petulant child. And the tattoos will be seen as a reflection of that.

And BTW who are you to judge which tattoos are tacky and not tacky, while at the same time telling those who judge your tattoos to fuck off? A hypocrite is what you are.

Loosen that tie and buy a new suit asshole.

Bad choices

i think i have a pretty good handle on what constitutes a bad life choice or not. had a couple friends go to rehab, one did some time, couple are spinning their wheels going nowhere quickly with no real goal in sight. interestingly enough, none of them have tattoos. the ones that do have ink are generally motivated, healthy individuals. for them their tattoos have meaning. not all tattoos are like the ones on that website, i think you'd find the majority of people with ink got it for a reason. i think you'd also find that there are people with tattoos than you think there are.

Perhaps that is all true and you have it all figured out correctly. I just remember when I was younger and I thought I knew which of my friends had it all figured out and which ones didn't. In retrospect my assumptions were not all correct. A life choice goes deeper then what it looks like in the present.

And for what its worth 3 out of the 4 kids I would have called my best friends growing up. have tattoos. And have had them for 25 years. I try hard to not judge a book by its cover, but first impressions are important.

Loosen that tie and buy a new suit asshole.

keep digging junior.

And it really doesn't matter but I am at work right now, in shorts a t shirt and flip flops. The last tie I bought is now used to tie my softball gloves closed when I break them in.

"And the chick on the FP is hot with that work."

The girl on the front page would look hot with or without the tat!

Bad choices

Perhaps that is all true and you have it all figured out correctly. I just remember when I was younger and I thought I knew which of my friends had it all figured out and which ones didn't. In retrospect my assumptions were not all correct. A life choice goes deeper then what it looks like in the present.

And for what its worth 3 out of the 4 kids I would have called my best friends growing up. have tattoos. And have had them for 25 years. I try hard to not judge a book by its cover, but first impressions are important.

im not really claiming to know who has it all figured out, obviously college aged kids have no idea whats coming to them, i just am going off of people who have made their decisions up to this point, versus people who are setting themselves up the best they can to succeed.

first impressions are important, but out of my friends with tattoos, lets say about 10, 9 of them you would never know they had a tattoo unless they were stripped nearly naked. only one has a full sleeve and she rocks it pretty well. these days most people realize the ramifications of having an obvious tat and make sure to get it in an inconspicuous spot.

Pretty much like a woman w/out ink. I know one gal who plastered herself w/ a pic of her recently departed cat. After6 or 7 cats it gets creepy. Also seen a lot of truely bad tats. If a woman has no taste in tats that adorn her then I simply pass on that ass. Which goes back to my first point. No tat chicks step to the front of the line.

As I said, I'm not a fan of big ink on women, but since you brought up the sailor and Marine thing, I've had 20 years of the U.S. Navy beatin' me like a government mule. I retire in October and I had briefly considered getting a "U.S." tatoo on my ass that is a replica of the branding irons used to brand government owned mules and horses.

At least it would be discrete and no one would see it. I'm already fugly so it's not like I'd be ruining anything.

im not really claiming to know who has it all figured out, obviously college aged kids have no idea whats coming to them, i just am going off of people who have made their decisions up to this point, versus people who are setting themselves up the best they can to succeed.

first impressions are important, but out of my friends with tattoos, lets say about 10, 9 of them you would never know they had a tattoo unless they were stripped nearly naked. only one has a full sleeve and she rocks it pretty well. these days most people realize the ramifications of having an obvious tat and make sure to get it in an inconspicuous spot.

Maybe I am confusing tattoos with Body Art. A discrete tattoo vs half your torso and dressing to show it off.

haha yeah probably should make it clear that there IS a difference between the two. although the friend with the sleeve has all Dr Seuss characters and she makes it work, so power to her.

Wow, and here I was thinking this is an open minded community.

I have one for my own reasons and my girl loves it.

My girl has one for her own reasons and I love it.

They are both individually extremely special reasons and that is why we appreciate each others.

All pivots around the reason you got it.

This however, I might find tacky.

heart-tattoo-118835454515148.jpg

Amen Brother!

Maybe I am confusing tattoos with Body Art. A discrete tattoo vs half your torso and dressing to show it off.

I see more girls with tatoos in the U25 age group than guys... However, the guys I see tend to have bigger tats than the girls. There has been a trend for girls to get "something small and out of the way." They think that they're being cool by getting a tat, but they don't want to go all out and get a proper one. There are relatively few girls who get something big.

Off the top of my head, I can think of friends with: (not on same person)

Small dolphin on ankle

Flower on lower stomach above hip

Series of small stars on foot

3 small stars next to one eye

Can't remember what, but it was on left tit

All of these are very small tats, but they are very tacky. Although most of them are what you would call "inconspicuous" they make a girl look cheap. As much as they can be hidden, there is always something that a girl will wear that results in the tats showing.

On the other hand, the picture in the first post is big. It is pretty. It is a piece of art. Yet if she wore a shirt it would still be hidden.

A word that just popped into my head is doodling. You don't pay $40 for an art canvas to doodle, you use a scrap piece of paper or the margin in a writing book.

Remind me what the fuck this has to do with sailing? Take it to GA Ed.

Remind me what the fuck this has to do with sailing? Take it to GA Ed.

It is about what we find attractive on women.

Attractive women have EVERYTHING to do with sailing.

a few that come to mind on my female friends:

shooting stars on the entire left ribcage, looks great, easily concealed

sisters with the celtic symbol for sisterhood on the hip

sisters with each others names below the shoulder blade

flower on the foot with g-parents initials and dates

outline of the island they summer on each year on the ankle

peace dove on the inside of the elbow

i can't really think of any frivolous or meaningless tattoos on anyone i know, even the guys

She's all yours..............first buy her some crack, wait in line.

dicksuckaqh8.jpg

Tats from the beginning were used as markers ie property markers in most cases when it comes to the Caucasian types. Tribal societies used tats as a status symbol or a way to document a historical event.

Now days its just viewed as trying to stand out given we are all so clearly the same otherwise :lol:

+1!!!

This goes back to if done tastefully, tats can be a fantastic expression of art that no one else in the world has. Screw all you uptight pricks for not being able to see the difference between a cheesy butterfly on the ankle and a real rich, deep, unique piece put in the right place.

The yachting world hasn't embraced ink because conservative bastards like those complaining about it in this thread are out there. A fad? Please. If tattoos are a fad then so is impressionism, abstract, baroque, etc.. It's sad people not being able embrace change...

I didn't get hours of work done for anyone but me. Being very interested in art myself, it's a perfect way to have it with me forever. In fact, my tattoos are the only stable thing in my life, and I can always look at them and go back to that lovely and painful experience of getting it done. It hurts so good!

my girlfriend has 2 tattoos, both on the larger side and quite tasteful, more like art-work. she got them as an adult so not a rebellious kid thing, she just retired from 28 years in law enforcement as a sergeant so not bad on life choices either. I like them and so do most people we meet-in all walks of life. low lifes with tats would still be low lifes even with out their tats, don't judge some one on having tats alone ......

Wouldn't want to show your individuality and expression by what you do, what you make, etc. Anyone can tell someone to etch ink into your skin. Oooh how talented. The only one that is impressive is the tattoo artist.

Wouldn't want to show your individuality and expression by what you do, what you make, etc. Anyone can tell someone to etch ink into your skin. Oooh how talented. The only one that is impressive is the tattoo artist.

maybe someday you'll be a bit more open-minded ....... having a tat does not make you somebody ( much like owning a Harley does not make you a biker)

but you can express your individuality through that art form.

oh yeah-and where's the gf's tit pics newb ?? :lol:

One should always consider a woman with a tattoo as an extremely viable choice for marriage.... She has already proven she has the capability of making a mistake she is willing to live with for the rest of her life.

when did i ever say that self expression is about talent? you didnt design your clothes, or your car, or probably most shit in your house, and yet all of that is a reflection of your personality.

Tattoos suck.

Need I really say it???

*sigh*...okay...

Fuck off Newb...

Anyone care to finish the line?

Not a newb, just don't post often. It's cool, I'm just expressing my individuality.

Tattoos suck.

Need I really say it???

*sigh*...okay...

Fuck off Newb...

Not a newb, just don't post often. It's cool, I'm just expressing my individuality.

i mean thats the definition of newbie...

when did i ever say that self expression is about talent? you didnt design your clothes, or your car, or probably most shit in your house, and yet all of that is a reflection of your personality.

I don't consider stuff an expression of myself, it is just what I like. I like to bike, sail, sit on the couch I have in the living room, etc. I am not trying to show people what I am by that STUFF. Further, as I don't like that stuff anymore, as it gets old, or whatever, I change it. But with tats, you always hear it being an expression. I can see guys in the military having them as a sign of unity, but they always had them where they would/could cover them, and it was really for themselves. Same as a couple that has discreet tats that mean something special for each other, but are not flashing them to everyone. But the modern tats, that cover wide swaths of body, up on the neck and face on the hands, etc., are an expression trying to impress others. When you get to that point, seems that actions would be a hell of a lot more impressive.

Tattoos suck.

Need I really say it???

*sigh*...okay...

Fuck off Newb...

i mean thats the definition of newbie...

Oh, really, so June 2008 starting is the definition of newbie. OK.

i mean if you want to get technical, 8 posts would constitute "newbie" status

i mean if you want to get technical, 8 posts would constitute "newbie" status

Or, it would make me a medium-timer that just doesn't post much. NEW would constitute someone that has not been around long. You know, technically speaking and all. Just sayin -

no. it would make you a newbie. notice how it says "newbie" below your name.

Oh, so if the computer sees that I post a bunch of stupid comments and changes me to whatever next, I then get respect? Cool.

By the way, like I said, I was just expressing myself and my opinion of tattoos. Rather than responding to those opinions, the high intellectual response was "fuck off newb". Good to go that rout in the debate, rather than deal with the subject. Who looks smarter?

It's sad to know that there are so many close-minded people out there...you'd think this community would at least be somewhat progressive. Oh well...

To each their own. Most tattooed ladies I see look like they have been graffitied, but some look just beautiful. Depends on the individual and the individual ink job. I have a friend who was in an abusive relationship who got a tattoo to assert her ownership of her own body. Gotta abmire that, and it looked nice too. At least modern technology allows mistakes to be undone if the person wants it.

Oh, so if the computer sees that I post a bunch of stupid comments and changes me to whatever next, I then get respect? Cool.

By the way, like I said, I was just expressing myself and my opinion of tattoos. Rather than responding to those opinions, the high intellectual response was "fuck off newb". Good to go that rout in the debate, rather than deal with the subject. Who looks smarter?

you're also a newb cause you have zero understanding for how it works. if you've been lurking this entire time you'd realize that A). standard greeting for newbs is "fuck off, and B. everyone does their time as a newb at some point. yours happens to be now.

and lighten the fuck up, another telltale newbie quality is getting uptight about any time someone calls you out. get used to it.

It's sad to know that there are so many close-minded people out there...you'd think this community would at least be somewhat progressive. Oh well...

Hey, when you chose to get the tattoo, did you think society was on board that it was a great thing, that it was an impressive expression, or did you realize there was a stigma attached? Why should it, then, be surprising that people are not impressed when someone etches ink into their skin? Does it impact our lives, is it something that gets under our skin (pardon the pun)? No. But you are asking people to be impressed, or to think it is attractive on a woman. Sorry, it is neither impressive as an expression, nor do many/most people think it makes a woman more attractive.

Sorry for not being progressive enough. Maybe I will be when I get to 500 posts.

I still have yet to see any real Sailing Tatoos. I'm talking about Sailing Ships like old Ships of the line, Schooner America, Clipper Ships like Flying Cloud. Old Classics that have real meaning to Sailing History.

Anyone see any??

see thats where i think you're wrong. while there are people who get inked for the sake of getting inked, there are just as many if not more that do it for a reason. aka they do it for themselves and not everyone else. i didnt get mine for anyone besides me, quite frankly i dont give a fuck if you like it or not, it wasnt meant for you.

you're also a newb cause you have zero understanding for how it works. if you've been lurking this entire time you'd realize that A). standard greeting for newbs is "fuck off, and B. everyone does their time as a newb at some point. yours happens to be now.

and lighten the fuck up, another telltale newbie quality is getting uptight about any time someone calls you out. get used to it.

I get it. I appreciate hazing, and have no problem putting people through a bit of fun to bring them into the circle (not that I have any fantasy of being brought into a circle), and have never had a problem being the brunt of that. A couple years ago would have been a good time, though. It just loses its meaning a bit when a guy has been on the board for more than 2 years. But hey, I did not get pissy, just indicated it was a weak response on the subject.

Anyway, for the time being, you can address me as NewbieGauchoGreg.

I love sailing and following races, but I am more invested in some message boards for my other interests, so typically I check out SA several times daily, but just don't take the time to post. Only so much time in the day.