• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micha571

B&G compass sensor - fastnet cable ??

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I’ve managed to get a B&G halcyon compass-sensor to fit into my B&G Hydra System.

It is supposed to plug right into the fastnet cable.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the cable for it, only a fitting plug.

Can anyone tell me to which pins of the plug the wires of the fastnet-cables (red, black, green, white, screen) go?

The attachment shows the six pins on the compass-sensor.

Thanks guys.

Michael

post-37412-023700200 1285590277_thumb.jpg

Hi Michael,

did you get any news from somewhere else, i've exactly the same problem!

rgds

Sorry, no.

It turned out I had a wrong compass sensor.

So I am desparately searching for a used Halcyon 2000 compass sensor.

You don't have one for sale? :)

regards, Michael

If you're willing to pay to have it fixed, I know someone that has one sitting in his garage. PM me and I'll put you guys in contact.

Does anybody know if its possible to modify the black Compass(similar to halcyon 2000) to fit the standard fastnet cable?

http://ckdboats.blogspot.no/2013/03/b-network-fluxgate-compass-wiring.html

This compass seems to be for the ACP1, the old h2000 pilot, check the manual

http://www.myleselectronics.com/Documents/myleselect/pdfs/hpilot.pdf

page 4-11 lists the connections

It could also be the NETWORK type compass, Myles has the manual:

http://www.myleselectronics.com/Documents/myleselect/pdfs/networkcompassusermanual.pdf

Many thanks for info. I guess it is the pilot compass as the pilot compass cable got 6 pins(refer to manual) I attached a photo of the compass as well.

This article says that the center pin (red cable) have no function. http://ckdboats.blogspot.no/2013/03/b-network-fluxgate-compass-wiring.html

This means that I can connect a 5 pin fastnet cable to the compass and it will work as long as the other wires are the same as halcyon 2000?

post-37255-0-02538800-1368379635_thumb.jpg

post-37255-0-54425900-1368379645_thumb.jpg

The Fastnet cable is completely different (and only uses 4 wires: 2 are power, 2 are data) and is a digital signal

The NETWORK compass uses 2 for power and 3 for signal (North/South, East/West and a common/neutral) and I think they use a SIN(sinus) function. Not 100% sure about that.

This means that the halcyon 2000 Compass got 4 pins Connector for the fastnet cable?