Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony-F18

Painful to watch...

Soon to be a large concentration of lead in that spot. Don't drink the water!

Gal talking the video proclaims 'figging awesome'. Needs to be spanked.

In which part of the world are we?

Boat heeled to port side, so that would be Northern hemisphere.

Angle of sun and prevailing wind direction indicate a west coastline.

The girl's accent, choice of words, lack of understanding, and overall mental attitude would make it California.

The girl's accent, choice of words, lack of understanding, and overall mental attitude would make it California.

Awesome deduction Sherlock, love your work!

Awesome deduction Sherlock, love your work!

Has to be California, anywhere else in the world we'd say it heeled to starboard, unless of course they got the video backwards!

Is that a Mexican courtesy flag, or is that a Californian bear on that ketch?

Nice! :lol::lol:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Rescuers-Pluck-Men-From-Storm-Tossed-Boat.html

My guess is Imperial Beach near San Diego, based on profile of poster on You Tube and content of her other videos.

I think your correct, that looks like the Coronado Islands in the back ground. But I didn't see that in the news. Now is the time of year all the cruisers start gathering here on their way south.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Rescuers-Pluck-Men-From-Storm-Tossed-Boat.html

My guess is Imperial Beach near San Diego, based on profile of poster on You Tube and content of her other videos.

I think your correct, that looks like the Coronado Islands in the back ground. But I didn't see that in the news. Now is the time of year all the cruisers start gathering here on their way south.

I do remember something in the news about a cruising boat going aground near IB....maybe last spring??

...therefore we can deduce with some certainty that the speaker was none other than Abby Sunderland!

Hmmmm.....beached boat San Diego.....flagged in Mexico did run the beach at night.......if it did... could be a snow barge......VIVA LA COCAIIIIIINNNAAA.........

Has to be California, anywhere else in the world we'd say it heeled to starboard, unless of course they got the video backwards!

What are you going on about? That boat is heeled to port... or I suppose you could describe it as starboard tack.

Damn! That's a Hardin 45.

What are you going on about? That boat is heeled to port... or I suppose you could describe it as starboard tack.

You're absolutely right Jangles.

I had only looked at the video briefly as I found it too distressing. I had mistakenly assumed it was a Ketch.

Now I see it's in fact a Schooner with a roller furler on the backstay.