• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Fark!  Between this thread and the Joke Thread there's been over 1 million views!!

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Fark!  Between this thread and the Joke Thread there's been over 1 million views!!

Deservedly so - this is the best single thread on SA.

Needs captions though - some of the pics drive me nuts wondering WTF they are.

Just toss them out there and we'll figure it out together!

B)

On 5/12/2017 at 1:00 AM, hobot said:

82fb4b27de3f3724247a9357dd50f77e_zpsabtw

WANT!!!!

6 hours ago, hobot said:

The joke thread is only marginally funnier but this one is the jewel in the crown.

Well done and thanks.... not... for the countless unproductive hours I have wasted here trying to figure out what the fuck some of the pics are about.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Deservedly so - this is the best single thread on SA.

Needs captions though - some of the pics drive me nuts wondering WTF they are.

Right click on a picture and then choose "Search google for image".  It usually is pretty good at ID'ing the pic.  Or as Hobot says, just ask.  Its often fun trying to ID the pic or at least the context without looking it up first.

Just like Jeff says!

Most of the enjoyment of figuring out the pictures is the rabbit hole that you don't realize you've fallen down.

8 hours ago, hobot said:

Just like Jeff says!

Most of the enjoyment of figuring out the pictures is the rabbit hole that you don't realize you've fallen down.

Oh so true!

9 hours ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

Right click on a picture and then choose "Search google for image".  It usually is pretty good at ID'ing the pic.  Or as Hobot says, just ask.  Its often fun trying to ID the pic or at least the context without looking it up first.

I don't get that option - do I need a different searcher than Google on Firefox?

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I don't get that option - do I need a different searcher than Google on Firefox?

Jon, on Firefox you need a Mozilla (FF authors) add on for Google image search, this link should get you to the add-on page

FWIW - when you do use Google image search, the first couple of 'guesses' in the google results are not all that accurate when researching Hobots images as his images are unusual, so scroll down through the results a bit further to find the section "sites that include this image" as some of these will actually explain the image, others just use the image without rhyme or reason - but the rabbit holes are many and interesting.

FWIW pt. II - Chrome has the google image search feature enabled all the time which can be good because the feature is in step with the software, i.e. as Chrome gets new releases the google search continues to work. Mozilla on the other hand do not encourage clicking on images in Firefox as images are often used in phishing attacks, so mozilla leave it up to the user to make that decision for the add-on or not. Problem with Mozilla ad-on's is that they are not always in step (updated) with the software releases so cease to work.

ML

7 hours ago, Merrill Levi said:

Jon, on Firefox you need a Mozilla (FF authors) add on for Google image search, this link should get you to the add-on page

FWIW - when you do use Google image search, the first couple of 'guesses' in the google results are not all that accurate when researching Hobots images as his images are unusual, so scroll down through the results a bit further to find the section "sites that include this image" as some of these will actually explain the image, others just use the image without rhyme or reason - but the rabbit holes are many and interesting.

FWIW pt. II - Chrome has the google image search feature enabled all the time which can be good because the feature is in step with the software, i.e. as Chrome gets new releases the google search continues to work. Mozilla on the other hand do not encourage clicking on images in Firefox as images are often used in phishing attacks, so mozilla leave it up to the user to make that decision for the add-on or not. Problem with Mozilla ad-on's is that they are not always in step (updated) with the software releases so cease to work.

ML

Cheers - I get it now. You have just saved me lots of frustration over these pics that I don't know.

You are officially my new best friend. :D

Sloop, now go back to about page 30 and start poking around.

Bring snacks.

You bastard! - are you trying to take total control of my life?

21 hours ago, hobot said:

Woodstock%20line-up%20music%20poster_zps

Jonny Winters????

Are you fucking kidding me????

Was there another performer with a similar name???

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You bastard! - are you trying to take total control of my life?

There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now in control of the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. 

Heh....:lol:

On 5/17/2017 at 9:54 PM, hobot said:

c448055e946a20cfb6f6df556b81584c_zpsyg0j

I remember these remotes - worked using tuning forks.  Every time the dog shook his collar the channel changed.

Oh Photobucket, why do you delete this pic....is it the knife?

1b3a06faed744e980f1b6a694d83907e_zps59x6

7eb2be9b08c336666052870e56db23fb_zpscyti

8e67be110c2200ad8dfb3038744a66f2_zpsle2k

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Oh Photobucket, why do you delete this pic....is it the knife?

1b3a06faed744e980f1b6a694d83907e_zps59x6

Caption Time 

"This was my old redheaded girlfriend Tiffany walking around the house after she found about her best friend and old boy friend hooking up...  It was a rough couple of days"

15 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Chandler? The goggle/facemask combo is the hint of when.....

Try "Bad" Brad Lackey!

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Chandler? The goggle/facemask combo is the hint of when.....

Try "Bad" Brad Lackey!

You may be right, I thought it was the infamous "Magoo Wave... "