• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Yes it was the paddle out for Hobie held at Doheny beach, Katie sue his big Power catamaran is at about 12 in the picture

3 hours ago, hobot said:

Yes it was the paddle out for Hobie held at Doheny beach, Katie sue his big Power catamaran is at about 12 in the picture

No the big cat is Jerry Wetzlers "Freestyle"

Freestyle is a sailing catamaran and it is to the right at let's just say 2 O'clock, 

Katie Sue is a large POWER catamaran and is roughly at 12 in the picture.

Photobucket...You block a picture of Boobs covered in a bikini to without a hint of nipple showing (a repost of post #14602 just because), lets just see if this pics passes your judgement.

tumblr_mzt20uIsv31sj3omto9_1280_zpsskvuc

tumblr_lxav1orFja1r6y3vao1_1280_zpstepfg

T-2-tanker_zps0wqugmkb.png

9 minutes ago, hobot said:

tumblr_oa3u1vCg4R1toxp0vo1_1280_zpswtats

When I see pictures like that I can't help thinking that she's either a grandmother now or dead.

But in Hobot's world she is forever young and beautiful. :D

HMS Vanguard ALMOST makes it to The Still and West for a farewell pint, August 1960. As an aside, the Camber to the left is the site of the BAR Base.

HMS-Vanguard-1960-2_zpsqgtblcvi.jpg

Edited by TANGO QUEBEC

On 9/8/2017 at 11:14 AM, SloopJonB said:

Hobie's funeral?

Search just says "surfing".

Jack O'Neill, I think.

Edit: I'm wrong. O'Neill's paddle out looked very similar.

Edited by Corvo
saw a better informed comment

17 hours ago, hobot said:

HMS-Vanguard-1960-2_zpsqgtblcvi.jpg

Damn those last battlewagons were beautiful - looked more like some sort of racer than a floating fortress.

The New Jersey was here years ago and I remember being surprised by how small it looked anchored in the inner harbour next to the huge modern bulk carriers and container ships, not to mention the cruise ships.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Damn those last battlewagons were beautiful - looked more like some sort of racer than a floating fortress.

The New Jersey was here years ago and I remember being surprised by how small it looked anchored in the inner harbour next to the huge modern bulk carriers and container ships, not to mention the cruise ships.

All the 30 knot battleships looked sleek, favourite is still the Hood.

53 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

All the 30 knot battleships looked sleek

From the outside, yes.  From the inside it was just a bunch of poorly interconnected hot, noisy steel boxes. 

And many, many thanks for the terrific collection of photos.