• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Had some cleanup work done on my computer today and it cleared my ability to google the details of Hobots pics.

Can some kind soul refresh my memory on how to get the function back? I'm not using Chrome.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Had some cleanup work done on my computer today and it cleared my ability to google the details of Hobots pics.

Can some kind soul refresh my memory on how to get the function back? I'm not using Chrome.

Cheers.

Well, Photobucket says I've exceeded my allowed storage when just yesterday I was only at 46%!

And now they've changed everything and I'm locked out unless I want to pay $39.99 a month for the pleasure of using them, Knew it was coming but they clearly said it was coming in December.....Grrrrr!!!

MOST POPULAR & BEST VALUE!
PLUS 500

502.1 GB Storage

$39.99 / MO
Billed Annually

$399.99 / YR

Perfect for 3rd Party Hosting for both
commercial and private use

• Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting
  • Unlimited bandwidth
  • Dedicated Account Manager
  • Ad-free browsing
  • Store full resolution photos
  • Free advertising to millions of PB users
  • 2 months free**
CHOOSE

Burn in Hell Photobucket!!

Give me a bit, I'll get something figured out.

Just download the picture and save it on your hard drive.  The new forum software allows you to upload an image from your computer.

19 minutes ago, hobot said:

Well, Photobucket says I've exceeded my allowed storage when just yesterday I was only at 46%!

And now they've changed everything and I'm locked out unless I want to pay $39.99 a month for the pleasure of using them, Knew it was coming but they clearly said it was coming in December.....Grrrrr!!!

$399.99 / YR

Perfect for 3rd Party Hosting for both
commercial and private use

• Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting
  • Unlimited bandwidth
  • Dedicated Account Manager
  • Ad-free browsing
  • Store full resolution photos
  • Free advertising to millions of PB users
  • 2 months free**
CHOOSE

Burn in Hell Photobucket!!

Give me a bit, I'll get something figured out.

Don't take too long or we'll start Jonesing.

Ed's correct! It's a bit clunky trying to do 3 pics a post but it works.

Geez....If I just do one pic per post I'll blow past Woodchucks post count in no time!

No kind souls out there?

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No kind souls out there?

Cheers.

Jon, on Firefox you need a Mozilla (FF authors) add on for Google image search, this link should get you to the add-on page

If you are using Firefox - your cleanup probably removed add on's, which is a good thing to do to keep add on's current.

ML

Cheers ML - exactly what I needed.

Much appreciated - Hob's pics just ain't the same without it. :D

Pendleton_Half_Ship_2_zpsvahtrkd6.jpg

Proving once again that the front sometimes just falls off....

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That one looks more like the back fell off.

22 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
23 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That one looks more like the back fell off.

That's interesting..... I've never seen them put the stern in the front.  

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

That's interesting..... I've never seen them put the stern in the front.  

The T-2 tankers liked to split pretty much in the middle.  This is one of two that broke in two in a very bad storm off Cape Cod (The PENDLETON, and the FORT MERCER), resulting in a Coast Guard "great seas, small boat" rescue from PENDLETON that succeeded against all odds. 

Is that someone on the transom in that pic?

On 10/14/2017 at 10:47 AM, Shootist Jeff said: