• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

On 10/25/2017 at 1:29 PM, hobot said:

These ones, get me every time, a very dark chapter in history that should never be swept under the rug, back in the late seventies my 1st job was Saturday dishwasher at a place in the old Westlake mall called Migonne & the owner was a fellow named Takeo Aoki, I will always lament the fact that I never thought to ask about his experience of the internment, & I rather doubt that Tak-sama is still in the land of the living.

manzanar-exhibition-1.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2016 at 12:13 AM, hobot said:

This one I know well the 67 MK.IV version anyway, my step dad had one, 1st moto I was ever on (passenger I was only 9), can't help remembering the finances arguments between my mum & him, mum: "when I met you all you had was a motorcycle & a rusty tin suitcase! for the life of me I can not remember the retort but I believe I was sort of on his side, ironically the house I now live in was probably mostly from mum's land dealings in Alaska.

Bsa-spitfire-10_zpsi4q3scvz.jpg

On 8/16/2016 at 8:59 PM, hobot said:

Whoa! never saw that before, must have carved like a demon! almost makes me want to dust off my old stick & see if I can manage the steep hill that feeds out of the cul-de-sac, probably not a good idea, I'm a mere 58 now & a fuck ton of tree roots have grown up thru the asphalt, maybe in daylight at least & with far less bourbon on board. 

Hobie2_zpswzhetel9.jpg

38 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Well that's Winslow Ar. and there's a girl my lord put don't think that's a flatbed Ford. Or is it?

StakeBed 

with the gates

flatbed w/o

& it's a FORD (why it's still brokenown there)

3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

& it's a FORD (why it's still brokenown there)

That's being a bit mean, I have actually had somewhat better luck with the blue oval, far better than the bowtie, but then again I did have some bad examples, I  learned to drive in a 74 Vega, at least it was rather easy to work on, worst car I ever owned was an 82 Camaro (thankfuly not the "Iron Duke" 4 banger, that is the worst car ever made!), almost impossible to repair, even the easy shit like headlights was a major headache. One morning I came out of the house to drive this misery on 4 wheels to work only to discover I had a flat rear tire, it had been low a couple of times before so I knew this was a slow leak situation so I opened hatch back to grab the foot pump I kept there (I'm holding the hatch open with one hand, the struts that were supposed to keep the damn thing open had been dead for quite a spell) Fuck! it's not there! in disgust I let the hatch drop & broke the back light (rear window), this turned out to be an improvement, the view thru the rear view was unprecedented! the car was now easy to load, just toss tools & whatever thru the window, however it was a bit chilly in winter, a buddy of mine dubbed it "The ElCamaro". 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2016 at 10:36 PM, hobot said:

Early_photo_of_seattle_space_needle_zpsj

It does not get more iconic than this, I have over my 38 years as a member of Ironworkers Local 86 worked with a few hands who helped build it, but to my complete embarrassment I have no idea who the Erector was.

4 hours ago, hobot said:

_88912176_rising4.jpg

Guessing here, but that looks like O'Connell Bridge and Street in Dublin in 1916, just after the British gunboats came up the Liffey river and shelled the shit out of the city centre as part of quelling the Easter Rising.

It was Sackville Street, renamed after Independence to O'Connell Street, after Daniel O'Connell whose statue can be seen standing.

I drive by that bridge every workday. It's exactly square (as wide as it is long).

Maybe they'll start rebuilding soon...

19 hours ago, hobot said:

ac6b298232a69c3f7ffbdfda1c421fc1.jpg

Jorg-Badura-01-Eddie-Bauer-Seaplane-.jpg

New-Guinea-World-War-II-23.jpg

Wow, that crushed bow on STOCKHOLM makes one grateful for collision bulkheads. 

There was a "miracle girl" who had been sleeping on ANDREA DORIA, and was found injured but alive on STOCKHOLM's forward deck after the ships separated. 

18 hours ago, familysailor said:

I had an Muntz eight track installed in my 1951 ford woody right there. Ahhhh... Nostalgia

19 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1507838335761.jpg

Is a laundry now.  I drive by it a couple times a week.  

CFB55E2C-16D2-4847-9313-AEEDE1545F50.jpeg

Funny - I was just looking at the list of acceptable items at out recycling station and "8-Track Tapes" are listed. :D

I doubt they present a volume problem.

Hobs, I just realized a feature of SA. We get judged and have a + - rating. How the hell you are not plus 222 is a reason to believe it is all BS. I'll beat the crap out of anyone who disses you.

Ok, let's see if I understand this random thing, 1st a sexy one:

Then a shot of a car I once owned:

& there was going to be a 3rd but the server says I'm over the limit.

bn0054.jpg

RR.jpg

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, animeproblem said:

Maybe your sexy pic needs to be more anime related.. Image result for sexy hentai picImage result for speed racer

The car more  like this....

For XXtra pics you can edit the size...

• Like 1

Also dont forget pic of cops, war, and planes.. Hot Chics with planes is a double bonusRelated imageImage result for grave of the firefliesImage result for porco rosso

Good job Captain! & oh yes, tons of sexy anime & such I have, same for getting the major in there, I have "Grave of the Fireflies" on blu ray but have only watched it once, so sad, this was to be the 3rd.

rukia-moon.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, animeproblem said:

bn0054.jpg

RR.jpg

I had that same car.

1 hour ago, soak_ed said:

Hmm, I had that same woman.

And it was mine that knew those knots