Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

latest?cb=20171029185826

"Whearre didde you finde them?"                             :)

They might also belong to Sheldon J. Plankton

9687117_2.jpg

Sorry fellers, they ain't got no ears to keep those specs from falling off.

Must be someone else

latest?cb=20171029185826

:)

9687117_2.jpg

The use of newspaper to cover the tub to prevent grease stains was a nice touch.

1761760602_BBQinBathtub.jpg.543c7986ed2cb0ccebf0987955c148b1.jpg

42 minutes ago, QBF said:

The use of newspaper to cover the tub to prevent grease stains was a nice touch.

Who will tend the fire after they all die of carbon monoxide poisoning?

I wish I had a picture of the guy we had in a second story apartment who put newspapers down to "protect" the living room carpet in order to tear down his motorcycle engine and do some carburetor work (according to him). I'm not sure whether it was the open gas line, the drained gas in the bucket or the solvent (MEK...or acetone I can't remember which it was) in the parts tray that found the water heater (which wasn't hard as it was a scabbed in non-conforming installation as the gas heater was in the kitchen closet on the floor) but..............lets just say it was a pretty spectacular result and we couldn't save the bike. I have NO IDEA how he got the bike up to the second story. It was one of "those" apartment complexes. Lets just say we knew right where it was by the name of the complex....never had to pull a run map. B)

5 hours ago, QBF said:

Russian foos ball table?

50 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I wish I had a picture of the guy we had in a second story apartment who put newspapers down to "protect" the living room carpet in order to tear down his motorcycle engine and do some carburetor work (according to him). I'm not sure whether it was the open gas line, the drained gas in the bucket or the solvent (MEK...or acetone I can't remember which it was) in the parts tray that found the water heater (which wasn't hard as it was a scabbed in non-conforming installation as the gas heater was in the kitchen closet on the floor) but..............lets just say it was a pretty spectacular result and we couldn't save the bike. I have NO IDEA how he got the bike up to the second story. It was one of "those" apartment complexes. Lets just say we knew right where it was by the name of the complex....never had to pull a run map. B)

"Honey, can you move the transmission so I can take a bath"?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, See Level said:

Russian foos ball table?

It’s a BBQ grill!

Buddy of mine decided to "clean out" his moped exhaust system by filling the various parts with gasoline (as a solvent, see...), and then putting all the parts in a 350 degree oven (to speed up the reaction, see...).  Amazingly, except for the stench of raw gas and the screams of his housemates, no harm was done.

19 minutes ago, hobot said:

Joshua37137010578.jpg

Bernard Moitessier, the legend.  What an extraordinary man.

Thanks, Hobot!

• Like 1

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "This Tastes Like Shit!"

133179439_ToiletBBQ.jpg.57f44c175d0443058acdf8b8d1d0b2ef.jpg

Ah, a man with correct priorities, I can respect that.

7 hours ago, QBF said:

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "This Tastes Like Shit!"

133179439_ToiletBBQ.jpg.57f44c175d0443058acdf8b8d1d0b2ef.jpg

Big White Egg? 

20 hours ago, hobot said:

jessup25.jpg

Like to see the DP for that one runway...

For RNY ???  climb like mofo with a right turn to a heading of ??? and continue climbing like a mofo until we tell you otherwise...

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, hobot said:

galaga-screenshot-gameplay.jpg

I miss the proper arcades of the 80s.  Such a great time to be young.  I would probably be still jamming quarters regularly.  :D   Ok, now it would be dollars, but still.....

It was better to be young when pool, pinball and Rock & Roll were our path to ruination.

Video arcades just weren't in the same league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

It was better to be young when pool, pinball and Rock & Roll were our path to ruination.

Video arcades just weren't in the same league.

Yeah maybe so, but there were a lot of GIRLS that played quarter machines too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I miss the proper arcades of the 80s.  Such a great time to be young.  I would probably be still jamming quarters regularly.  :D   Ok, now it would be dollars, but still.....

Asteroids.............I was an expert. We had a asteroids arcade machine in one of the firehouses I worked at. One of the guys had a side business of "renting" game machines to the various arcades and left one at the station. The coin door was open so we could just click up time on the machine without dropping coins. After work hours and dinner and cleanup/dishes many a contest was held on that machine sometimes till the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Point Break said:

One of the guys had a side business of "renting" game machines to the various arcades and left one at the station.

A friend was a bar manager back then - late 70's IIRC - he had a couple in his bar and was getting $4000 a week from each of them - just for providing the space for them and the drunks to play them.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

A friend was a bar manager back then - late 70's IIRC - he had a couple in his bar and was getting $4000 a week from each of them - just for providing the space for them and the drunks to play them.

Yeah, we all made fun of the “arcade king” till we found out what he made. He made enough to hire a guy to service/repair and pickup/deliver machines and still did quite well......for a while. Then it became a hassle to keep the machines up......some games fell out of fad/favor and then he was stuck with the machine (the reason he plopped one in the firehouse)..........and this business and that business were always changing machine providers to negotiate a better split on the take. All the really big arcades just bought their own as they had the cash flow so his clients were the small arcades and various other stores like liquor stores, gas stations etc. It wasn’t an easy business to scale up and became a lot of work. He got rid of it after a few years but came out ahead pretty good I think.

3 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

image.png.7665dcdb8129866ffcbe276c2e8466fc.png

I loved David Niven's story about his son's birthday party - it was like his 6th or 7th birthday - at one point the kid came running in all upset "daddy, daddy, Candy Bergen tried to kiss me".

I bet he had some serious regrets in later life. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

image.png.7665dcdb8129866ffcbe276c2e8466fc.png

I had no idea she was such a hottie in her day.  I only know her from her TV show "Murphy Brown".

1 hour ago, MauiPunter said:

I had no idea she was such a hottie in her day.  I only know her from her TV show "Murphy Brown".

Hottie! She was the hottest when I was 16. I think I lost my virginity to her after seeing her in "Soldier Blue". It came out in 1970 and was a war protest movie against the Vietnam War although cloaked in the guise of our War against the Indians in the West a hundred years earlier. 

blob:https://www.videodetective.com/056ede9a-d622-4893-ac2e-09639a8737c9

I am always shocked at her appearance as Murphy Brown. Age has not been kind to Candice.

I thought her prime was opposite Sean Connery in 'Wind and the Lion' (1975) Great production and Candice sure matured a lot in those 5 years. 

15 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Hottie! She was the hottest when I was 16. I think I lost my virginity to her after seeing her in "Soldier Blue". It came out in 1970 and was a war protest movie against the Vietnam War although cloaked in the guise of our War against the Indians in the West a hundred years earlier. 

I am always shocked at her appearance as Murphy Brown. Age has not been kind to Candice.

I thought her prime was opposite Sean Connery in 'Wind and the Lion' (1975) Great production and Candice sure matured a lot in those 5 years. 

Wind and the Lion was a spectacular movie. I liked Brian Keith’s Teddy Roosevelt. 

6 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

For the Connery fans who think he's so sexy, here is a shot of Sean from the movie, Zardoz.  He looks like he's on the way to participate in a parade in San Francisco, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Zardoz.jpg

2onn.jpg

Woof! I know a quick handy in the middle of the race always eases my tension!