Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

19 minutes ago, hobot said:

Joshua37137010578.jpg

Bernard Moitessier, the legend.  What an extraordinary man.

Thanks, Hobot!

• Like 1

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "This Tastes Like Shit!"

133179439_ToiletBBQ.jpg.57f44c175d0443058acdf8b8d1d0b2ef.jpg

Ah, a man with correct priorities, I can respect that.

7 hours ago, QBF said:

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "This Tastes Like Shit!"

133179439_ToiletBBQ.jpg.57f44c175d0443058acdf8b8d1d0b2ef.jpg

Big White Egg? 

20 hours ago, hobot said:

jessup25.jpg

Like to see the DP for that one runway...

For RNY ???  climb like mofo with a right turn to a heading of ??? and continue climbing like a mofo until we tell you otherwise...

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, hobot said:

galaga-screenshot-gameplay.jpg

I miss the proper arcades of the 80s.  Such a great time to be young.  I would probably be still jamming quarters regularly.  :D   Ok, now it would be dollars, but still.....

It was better to be young when pool, pinball and Rock & Roll were our path to ruination.

Video arcades just weren't in the same league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

It was better to be young when pool, pinball and Rock & Roll were our path to ruination.

Video arcades just weren't in the same league.

Yeah maybe so, but there were a lot of GIRLS that played quarter machines too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I miss the proper arcades of the 80s.  Such a great time to be young.  I would probably be still jamming quarters regularly.  :D   Ok, now it would be dollars, but still.....

Asteroids.............I was an expert. We had a asteroids arcade machine in one of the firehouses I worked at. One of the guys had a side business of "renting" game machines to the various arcades and left one at the station. The coin door was open so we could just click up time on the machine without dropping coins. After work hours and dinner and cleanup/dishes many a contest was held on that machine sometimes till the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Point Break said:

One of the guys had a side business of "renting" game machines to the various arcades and left one at the station.

A friend was a bar manager back then - late 70's IIRC - he had a couple in his bar and was getting $4000 a week from each of them - just for providing the space for them and the drunks to play them.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

A friend was a bar manager back then - late 70's IIRC - he had a couple in his bar and was getting $4000 a week from each of them - just for providing the space for them and the drunks to play them.

Yeah, we all made fun of the “arcade king” till we found out what he made. He made enough to hire a guy to service/repair and pickup/deliver machines and still did quite well......for a while. Then it became a hassle to keep the machines up......some games fell out of fad/favor and then he was stuck with the machine (the reason he plopped one in the firehouse)..........and this business and that business were always changing machine providers to negotiate a better split on the take. All the really big arcades just bought their own as they had the cash flow so his clients were the small arcades and various other stores like liquor stores, gas stations etc. It wasn’t an easy business to scale up and became a lot of work. He got rid of it after a few years but came out ahead pretty good I think.

3 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

image.png.7665dcdb8129866ffcbe276c2e8466fc.png

I loved David Niven's story about his son's birthday party - it was like his 6th or 7th birthday - at one point the kid came running in all upset "daddy, daddy, Candy Bergen tried to kiss me".

I bet he had some serious regrets in later life. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

image.png.7665dcdb8129866ffcbe276c2e8466fc.png

I had no idea she was such a hottie in her day.  I only know her from her TV show "Murphy Brown".

1 hour ago, MauiPunter said:

I had no idea she was such a hottie in her day.  I only know her from her TV show "Murphy Brown".

Hottie! She was the hottest when I was 16. I think I lost my virginity to her after seeing her in "Soldier Blue". It came out in 1970 and was a war protest movie against the Vietnam War although cloaked in the guise of our War against the Indians in the West a hundred years earlier. 

blob:https://www.videodetective.com/056ede9a-d622-4893-ac2e-09639a8737c9

I am always shocked at her appearance as Murphy Brown. Age has not been kind to Candice.

I thought her prime was opposite Sean Connery in 'Wind and the Lion' (1975) Great production and Candice sure matured a lot in those 5 years. 

15 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Hottie! She was the hottest when I was 16. I think I lost my virginity to her after seeing her in "Soldier Blue". It came out in 1970 and was a war protest movie against the Vietnam War although cloaked in the guise of our War against the Indians in the West a hundred years earlier. 

I am always shocked at her appearance as Murphy Brown. Age has not been kind to Candice.

I thought her prime was opposite Sean Connery in 'Wind and the Lion' (1975) Great production and Candice sure matured a lot in those 5 years. 

Wind and the Lion was a spectacular movie. I liked Brian Keith’s Teddy Roosevelt. 

6 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

For the Connery fans who think he's so sexy, here is a shot of Sean from the movie, Zardoz.  He looks like he's on the way to participate in a parade in San Francisco, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Zardoz.jpg

2onn.jpg

Woof! I know a quick handy in the middle of the race always eases my tension!

10 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Aging sucks.  You never appreciate your youth until its gone.

1 hour ago, Willin' said:

2onn.jpg

Woof! I know a quick handy in the middle of the race always eases my tension!

Come on man, get you mind out of the gutter! The young lady is merely punching his checkpoint card hung around his neck in an Enduro race.

Traces 10: enduro hair!

... just recently another photo, always of the ouèbe, raised doubts on the question: this young person was A young, supported by a good friend just as comfortable as she. And contrary to what one might think of the first picture, the girl does not refuse "a little kiss"to the pilot but simply punch the cardboard that is attached to his neck. Service-service, even though we were in the middle of Peace & Love!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

Aging sucks.  You never appreciate your youth until its gone.

IMO she was still major gorgeous as Murphy Brown. Women don't even start to get sexy before 30.

image.png.f9a12a27efbcbe417bbdaf4164bd6611.png

37 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Why wouldn't you drive a Ford if it looked like this?

image.png.d0f4bedee8397db6d294eb7d9c83c193.png

Indeed - unfortunately they looked like this back then.

image.png.a964d107352897481c7036029d21b8a3.png

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Indeed - unfortunately they looked like this back then.

image.png.a964d107352897481c7036029d21b8a3.png

That one didn't have the trim package though...

Sorry dude - that's a '69.

THIS is a '71 and no, I didn't think they looked hot - they were lumbering, choked down dogs. Only nostalgia has given them any cred.

image.png.13bbe7ef96a76ccb696394f5d017654e.png

Yeah, that is right on the year. I hated the '71's and they looked bloated or something. How long did they foist that box on us and then to go the other way and downsize to the Mustang II. At least it drove better that the Mach 1. My Dad had a '69 but without the fastback that I drove in my high school years. It had the 302 and was well behaved but sometimes I wasn't.

This was the closest I could find to it.

l6pxwv6zzs921.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Yeah, that is right on the year. I hated the '71's and they looked bloated or something. How long did they foist that box on us and then to go the other way and downsize to the Mustang II.

That one ran through '73 - the II started in '74.

The '70 was the last decent Mustang for the next couple of decades.

Actually, upon reflection '70 was the last decent year for cars in general for a couple of decades. The peak year for muscle cars and then they fell off a cliff in '71.

3 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Come on man, get you mind out of the gutter! The young lady is merely punching his checkpoint card hung around his neck in an Enduro race.

... just recently another photo, always of the ouèbe, raised doubts on the question: this young person was A young, supported by a good friend just as comfortable as she. And contrary to what one might think of the first picture, the girl does not refuse "a little kiss"to the pilot but simply punch the cardboard that is attached to his neck. Service-service, even though we were in the middle of Peace & Love!

even though we were in the middle of Peace & Love!

Yeah, well I can dream can't I? Besides, the shit eating grin on the above dude's face says he's thinking the same thing I was!

2 hours ago, P_Wop said:

Meanwhile, in 1971 Italy, they were doing this...

Image result for maserati ghibli ss

1966 leftovers. ;)

Getting all Zen like and looking inside himself?

#1 hobot is actually out working today (his boss is a real jerk and doesn't understand the ways of SA!))

#2 the guys wrenching on himself in Antartica station.

Now that my eyesight's coming somewhat back there's fewer of me but that rat bastard boss of mine expects production levels to stay the same!

Leonid Rogozov was a Soviet general practitioner who took part in the sixth Soviet Antarctic Expedition in 1960–1961. He was the only doctor stationed at the Novolazarevskaya Station and, while there, developed appendicitis, which meant he had to perform an appendectomy on himself, a famous case of self-surgery.

Good on ya Sloop!

9 hours ago, longy said:

Redneck river erosion control!

There's a Tri-Five Nomad just behind the red car.

WTF?