Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

2 minutes ago, hobot said:

5bzw6bq.jpg

The most cynically accurate comment ever made was by some agent or promoter when Elvis died;

"Good career move".

Had to wince and laugh at the same time because it was so spot on.

2 hours ago, hobot said:

tumblr_nxgfykdoak1qh7jlwo1_1280.jpg

First person photographed, ever.... and he is unknown...

Photography pioneer Louis Daguerre took this image of the Boulevard du Temple in Paris in 1838. The exposure time was so long that any other moving person or moving vehicle in the street just blurred away. This gentlement was getting a shoe shine and stayed still long enough to be the first person to appear in a photograph. Louis Daguerre invented a type of photography called "Daguerreotype" in French.

https://mashable.com/2014/11/05/first-photograph-of-a-human/

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hobot said:

59414035_10211449073700984_5762449254723354624_n.jpg

My grandma used to take me to the woolworths counter for grilled cheese sandwiches when I was a wee boy.  :)

3 hours ago, hobot said:

85dd4e9.jpg

The "Flying Brickyard"

17 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

"you dointte no what youve gotte tille ist gone"

:)

They pave Paradise, put up a parking lot!! I think we need to start a betting pool, as to when the human race is going to kill the planet!!  Of course, we will all be dead and gone, by then but our children, and theirs may not be...

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

They pave Paradise, put up a parking lot!! I think we need to start a betting pool, as to when the human race is going to kill the planet!!  Of course, we will all be dead and gone, by then but our children, and theirs may not be...

The planet will be fine.  The planet has been covered in ice at times and has been covered in hot shallow seas at other times.  There is every reason to think it will be again.  The planet may, however, be free of its current bipedal infection one day.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

The planet will be fine.  The planet has been covered in ice at times and has been covered in hot shallow seas at other times.  There is every reason to think it will be again.  The planet may, however, be free of its current bipedal infection one day.

Well that's exactly what I meant.  How long before we make the planet uninhabitable for Homo Sapiens, and probably most other vertebrate species?...  Yes, the planet will live on...

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, Kmullen said:

06BAD0DF-85F7-4294-B54F-C99134ECB374.jpeg

I hear those white stones were the original cover stones of the Great Pyramids....

48 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

The Rossetta Stone?                                                :)

A sad piece of debris from the Edmund Fitzgerald.

:(

40 minutes ago, hobot said:

A sad piece of debris from the Edmund Fitzgerald.

:(

Sadde indeede, "When the galles of Novembere came earley" thackes fiorre the historice contextte Hoboto.                                  :)

7 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?quality=85&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fdims%3Fcrop%3D1600%252C1000%252C0%252C7%26quality%3D85%26format%3Djpg%26resize%3D1600%252C1000%26image_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fs.yimg.com%252Fos%252Fcreatr-uploaded-images%252F2019-01%252F610959c0-12c9-11e9-9fff-d2197929edb8%26client%3Da1acac3e1b3290917d92%26signature%3D8df090e94e7c7c7d8aaae185c26566c67363a6c4&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=55a4e9331e0794347804791962e777de8be510b6

Now that is weird - the best looking hog in decades and it's electric.

Maybe Harley does have a future after the Boomers croak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1566871474087.jpg

Hard to believe there were so many humourless people that there was a huge uproar over that cover.

27 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Get in on the ground floor now for the aftermarket carbon fiber step ladder market for climbing aboard, it's gonna be killer!

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Hard to believe there were so many humourless people that there was a huge uproar over that cover.

No, notte forre me, I belives theire our manney moire then we licke to admitte.                                  :)

28 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

There is a great documentary about the National Lampoon on Netflix. Worth watching if you have it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hobot said:

tumblr_fae25508882bde4162e83c9b547417ec_956d2e6e_640.jpg

They are all looking straight ahead because nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room.

OK, I'll do it:  Why is the woman on the left wearing a hat?  Especially that hat?

Can't answer that question but the girl in white on the far right has the Eva Mendes thing going on.....yowza!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, captnjoe said:

They are all looking straight ahead because nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room.

OK, I'll do it:  Why is the woman on the left wearing a hat?  Especially that hat?

Perhaps to distract from the "hope" chest she's sporting???

WL

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The Arabs seem to love a Faggot-Tractor... plenty over here!

(NTTAWWT)

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I was never a big harley fan,  but the buell  always did so1280px-Buell_M2_Cyclone_white_2000_frontmething for me.  never owned one.  but always thought they look nice in a spartan kind of way

• Like 1

8 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:
11 hours ago, captnjoe said:

Why is the woman on the left wearing a hat?  Especially that hat?

Perhaps to distract from the "hope" chest she's sporting???

They alle our wearreng batheng suittes, exsept the ellephante, so I thick thissis seene frome a beache pub or poolside tiki barr.  And mabey that mitte be herre sun hatt.                            :)

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

They alle our wearreng batheng suittes, exsept the ellephante, so I thick thissis seene frome a beache pub or poolside tiki barr.  And mabey that mitte be herre sun hatt.                            :)

I've seen elephants bathe while dressed like that, so I think you are right.

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Chez Jay bar in Santa Monica.  Purportedly was a "No Paparazzi" place and a hangout for The Rat Pack back in the day.   Google sez that pic was the opening of the place in 1959.

14 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Chez Jay bar in Santa Monica.  Purportedly was a "No Paparazzi" place and a hangout for The Rat Pack back in the day.   Google sez that pic was the opening of the place in 1959.

Stille theire?

3 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

I was never a big harley fan,  but the buell  always did so1280px-Buell_M2_Cyclone_white_2000_frontmething for me.  never owned one.  but always thought they look nice in a spartan kind of way

Years ago my family doctor rode a Buell. it was definitely a cool bike.

I remember once driving home and a passel of Ninja bikes came up behind us and then went past - Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Thragggggg - as the Buell went by.

It was just wrong somehow. :D

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Years ago my family doctor rode a Buell. it was definitely a cool bike.

I remember once driving home and a passel of Ninja bikes came up behind us and then went past - Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Znnnnnggg, Thragggggg - as the Buell went by.

It was just wrong somehow. :D

Ride one - the XB series, w/the perimeter brakes begged you to do wheelies and scrape its footpegs in corners.  As a Hooligan bike?  I think it was on par w/the 900 Monster .  

24 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Yep.  PB has probably been there.  

PB saved the elephant when the Circus Tent burned down. They are old pals now. 

It's in chapter 17

4 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

I bought a 2009 Buell XB12X Ullyses as a retirement present. Unfortunately Buell was shutdown by Harley the next year.

FB_IMG_1574790638131.jpg

1 minute ago, Dorado said:

It's in chapter 17

I thouht PB tolde me the ellephante came in with alle hise buddeys aftere a crazey tente partey.  They were trying danse on the bar.

Didn't they crush the remaining inventory of Buells when Harley decided to part ways? I think I saw where you could by the ones that had been compacted into an 18" cube to use as an end table or just so you could say that you owned a Buell.

Found it

lJHZov4yE0SsQ0lQ-YNOwnzYUs0.jpg

32 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thouht PB tolde me the ellephante came in with alle hise buddeys aftere a crazey tente partey.  They were trying danse on the bar.

Did you know PB's real name is Paul Bunyan ? 

1 minute ago, Rasputin22 said:

Didn't they crush the remaining inventory of Buells when Harley decided to part ways? I think I saw where you could by the ones that had been compacted into an 18" cube to use as an end table or just so you could say that you owned a Buell.

Found it

lJHZov4yE0SsQ0lQ-YNOwnzYUs0.jpg

The Blast was actually discontinued and crushed before they actually ended the Buell line. I don't know how many or if any 2010 Buells actually were sold. The printed a full 2010 brochure with all the models except the Blast. I saw pics of complete Buell motorcycles being thrown into dumpsters along with parts. What a shame. Eric Buell was able to continue the 1125 race line and eventually produced a line of 1190 road and race bikes untill investors went away and the business was auctioned off. I still see new EBR bikes for sale, so i assume there is still a limited production run of EBR 1190s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dorado said:

It's in chapter 17

:D

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Stille theire?

Yea, still there.  A converted motel.  Look up Billy Bob Thorton's Goliath show where its featured.