Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

14 hours ago, Laurent said:

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING!

We are going to let Hobot alone and let him do his thing. Please do not disturb the fathergod of internet pictures, the preacher of most interesting rabbit holes, the guru of timewarp...

Sorry, Laurent: I forgot to use the purple sarcasm font!  I was only responding to his same comment to me upthread....

17 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

How the hell does one do that on the nose of the surfboard?

FB_IMG_1592287172087.jpg

No shit! My gut hangs out like a cast iron clawfoot bathtub when I'm on the nose!

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51659909_821641501504466_5924205776154394624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.fna&oh=e97c23de43d0260c70bc0d8281991b7f&oe=5D20CFCA

17 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

How the hell does one do that on the nose of the surfboard?

That's "Hanging Ten"...

4 hours ago, Willin' said:

it's better done in a longboard, like hers ~ 9'6"/10' long

1 hour ago, Trovão said:

Can you do on a short board?  Never surfed, except windsurfing....

3 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Smokin' Hot!

Do you smoke after sex??

I don't know, never looked! :P

• Like 1

Poco, why do all your pics have a watermark?

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Most recently posted?

What page number?

3 minutes ago, hobot said:

Most recently posted?

What page number?

That's very strange, they are gone now???

8 hours ago, hobot said:

19 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592695602548.jpg

I remember this very well.  Horrible fire.  The guy who built this house built it so it would never burn down.  Said he didn't want to buy fire insurance.  My first thought was holly fuck, this guy paid cash for this place or else the lender would have required the insurance.  

He must have had a lot more commas in his net worth than I did.

9 minutes ago, pbd said:

I remember this very well.  Horrible fire.  The guy who built this house built it so it would never burn down.  Said he didn't want to buy fire insurance.  My first thought was holly fuck, this guy paid cash for this place or else the lender would have required the insurance.  

We had a hotel in Atlanta called the Winecoff. It is now the Ellis Hotel.  It was like that unsinkable ship, er it wasn't a ship but extremely deadly.

50 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

That's very strange, they are gone now???

That's weird.

I'm running this thread off of my phone for now since my laptop went to the black screen of death.

I wasn't seeing anything from currently posted stuff, but when you get down I think around page 140 or so there's Photobucket watermarks because I was the photo-sharing website I was using to post pictures.

05C6174C-427A-449D-A39F-74DAC95F0A2E.jpeg

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Can you do on a short board?  Never surfed, except windsurfing....

on a shortboard like 5'10" or something like that? not the i have witnessed. maybe on a 8' funboard with some practice.

1 hour ago, hobot said:

That's weird.

I'm running this thread off of my phone for now since my laptop went to the black screen of death.

I wasn't seeing anything from currently posted stuff, but when you get down I think around page 140 or so there's Photobucket watermarks because I was the photo-sharing website I was using to post pictures.

There were many consecutive pic posts by user poco poco, and they all showed photobucket watermark. I posted immediately after his, but they were all gone when you posted and I responded....??

1 hour ago, pbd said:

Whatever he did seemed to work.

29 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

There were many consecutive pic posts by user poco poco, and they all showed photobucket watermark. I posted immediately after his, but they were all gone when you posted and I responded....??

Photobucket made a hard run at the Membership for payment of services, the stuff I was doing originally was going to carry a $500 a month charge (back there somewhere in the pages is a post from me whining about the charges), it took me a while to get going again, I don't remember who but it was that mentioned to me that I could lift the random pictures directly from my picture folder and that's what I've been doing ever since.

There are a lot of people that were running a photography business via Photobucket that were put out of business and they were pissed off!

All water under the bridge now days though as this move by Photobucket really killed their business and they kept dropping the price trying to get people to come back.

Photobucket can burn in hell!

B)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Whatever he did seemed to work.

No doubt.  It was very well designed and built.  Including, IIRC, it included sprinklers for the exterior roof and surrounding grounds. 

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

btw......um, who's this Poco you speak of??

:ph34r:

51 minutes ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592645296929.jpg

Still hard/strange to look at...

In a past life I was a sales guy for Thomson (before Reuters) and 'covered' Fiduciary Trust Co. They had offices on the high 90 floors, tower 2 I believe. I was there pretty regularly in the 90s...

Trying to remember... I think it was 2 different elevators to get there and the low pressure the elevator box created while ascending at speed has residual effects when the doors opened! It was an impressive ride...

40 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Totally agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liquid said:

In a past life I was a sales guy for Thomson (before Reuters) and 'covered' Fiduciary Trust Co. They had offices on the high 90 floors, tower 2 I believe. I was there pretty regularly in the 90s...

Trying to remember... I think it was 2 different elevators to get there and the low pressure the elevator box created while ascending at speed has residual effects when the doors opened! It was an impressive ride...

I was in Annapolis, summer of 1976, listening to a radio broadcast during a hurricane, from the top of one of those towers. The mike was held close to the structure of the building, you could hear it creak, and groan. Very eerie. 

The audacious concept of those towers was always a question mark in human judgment/progress. It's different now that there are several towers that vie for "tallest" There are technicalities, that set each building apart. The progression to taller, larger, more spectacular, is much more esoteric. It's difficult to keep up. WTC, those towers were indisputably the biggest, tallest, x2. Designed and built by the lowest bidder. Like two rockets to the moon, or the center of the earth.

I think that's when he blinked, long exposure time back then.

11 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Do you smoke after sex??

I don't know, never looked! :P

“No, I usually take my tights off first.”

8 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592767388826.jpg

Fucking Flemish hard man!!!  :o

Someone traded a red Mustang fastback of a Volkswagen?

No soul.

FB_IMG_1592833356490.jpg

3 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592275714807.jpg

Some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue.

1 hour ago, Black Sox said:

Some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue.

reminds of this joke:

two statues are granted a half our of life.  they run off into the nearby bushes and loud groans and moans can be heard. they emerge from the bushes and one statue says "we have 15 minutes left, want to do it again"? the other replies "sure but this time you hold the birds and I'll shit on them".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592804989886.jpg

FB_IMG_1592804824946.jpg

FB_IMG_1592766872947.jpg

There was a writer and photographer for National Geographic that lived down the street and he had a silver Gull Wing... he also had a shrunken head... at the time the shrunken head was way cooler!... early 60’s

On 6/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, Trovão said:

A heavy board is best.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592767234201.jpg

My first radar system was all tubes during school. As soon as my orders came through to Yuma  AZ,  we went to "digital school" as half the old circuitry was replaced with solid state.

23 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592644936322.jpg

Wisconsin settlers came up the Mississippi  and built homes like this dug into the ground.  Cleared fields and started farming. That is where the "Badger" nickname came from. 

1 hour ago, Topmast said:
On 6/21/2020 at 2:08 PM, Trovão said:

A heavy board is best.

Hearre our to moire that adgree with you..............               :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592624729448.jpg

The former home of the west coast Bush Gardens.  Where beer was free and cokes cost $1.50.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Someone traded a red Mustang fastback of a Volkswagen?

No soul.

FB_IMG_1592833356490.jpg

:D

The end of the movie "Tin Men" , Richard Dreyfuss is outside the courthouse wondering what he's going to do next and he sees the Volkswagen bug driving by.....

6 minutes ago, jhc said:
4 hours ago, hobot said:

nazi-nyc.jpg

Tulsa rally?

Too many people.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1592277059478.jpg

I seene a peanutt stande, heared a rubbere bande, I seene a needle that wincked its eiye, Butte I be done seene 'bout ev'ryething.......                                                    :)

When I right click on an image the "search google" is gone now???  Whats up with that?

33 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

When I right click on an image the "search google" is gone now???  Whats up with that?

Ist theire when I do it.........

scooter girl.PNG

:)