Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hobot said:

tumblr_oyiswse1xL1wzkkszo3_500.jpg

 

 

 

Classic time for application of Standard response #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, silent bob said:

Sandspit?  End of the Santa Barbara breakwall.  

My thoughts exactly! Great shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hobot said:

That pic is of Lana Clarkson, Phil Spector's victim. It's not a to comfortable picture to view but I post pictures like that because there's a story/rabbit hole behind it.

I apologize if they trigger bad memories to anyone.

Mrs. Vargas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A lot of regression though.

image.png.080a67513d192c95d908103f4efb313e.png

Looks like a DeVos home.  Can we have "overbearing and tasteless" as the core design brief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A lot of regression though.

image.png.080a67513d192c95d908103f4efb313e.png

Looks like a DeVos home.  Can we have "overbearing and tasteless" as the core design brief.

I woude licke live in theire, I haive sippele tatstes, allmoeste pelbianne.  Caulle me O&T Snaggs.............                          :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Looks like a DeVos home.  Can we have "overbearing and tasteless" as the core design brief.

"Make it look as big as possible"

An old couple just built a huge fake "craftsman" style place near us - they better hope they die before it needs a new roof.  Every room and every window has a gable over it. Even asphalt shingles would probably cost near 6 figures.

An old friend once had a girlfriend who's father was an architect. He was working on something like that once and Brian commented "I guess you have to be really good to do that sort of thing"

He replied "No, you have to be really bad".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was Thoreau who said something like this,

 

"That man is richest, whose needs are the least."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

"Make it look as big as possible"

An old couple just built a huge fake "craftsman" style place near us - they better hope they die before it needs a new roof.  Every room and every window has a gable over it. Even asphalt shingles would probably cost near 6 figures.

An old friend once had a girlfriend who's father was an architect. He was working on something like that once and Brian commented "I guess you have to be really good to do that sort of thing"

He replied "No, you have to be really bad".

As an architect. . . I tried to not get talked into things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snore said:

 

Classic time for application of Standard response #1

Show us your's, ya wife's or GF's tits?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ukuri said:
9 hours ago, Snore said:

Classic time for application of Standard response #1

Show us your's, ya wife's or GF's tits?

No, thast the introe, SS#1 comes lattere...........                    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haven't been around for a while just wanted to stop by and say Hi....I was surprised to see my account is still active. Hope everyone is doing good and happy Thanksgiving all.


 

B9D72448-E82E-4721-B21F-2AD89EA86FE8.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

"Make it look as big as possible"

An old couple just built a huge fake "craftsman" style place near us - they better hope they die before it needs a new roof.  Every room and every window has a gable over it. Even asphalt shingles would probably cost near 6 figures.

An old friend once had a girlfriend who's father was an architect. He was working on something like that once and Brian commented "I guess you have to be really good to do that sort of thing"

He replied "No, you have to be really bad".

There was a house built down the road from us, just before we left for the Caribbean.... It had about a dozen or more dog house dormers and varying roof pitches every 14' or so.

 We called it "The house of  too many dormers".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

There was a house built down the road from us, just before we left for the Caribbean.... It had about a dozen or more dog house dormers and varying roof pitches every 14' or so.

 We called it "The house of  too many dormers".

https://mcmansionhell.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1605357037979.jpg

 

The golden age of drag racing.

A dedicated regular guy could build a fueler like that and race at the top level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hobot said:

HWgCNb8.jpg

 

 

 

 

...again, somebody, somewhere thought this is a good idea....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

FB_IMG_1605348994823.jpg

Need I say it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gawd, that happened to me on a Rupp Sprint minibike with telescoping forks. 

earlier that  day I bought my first fullface Bellstar Helmet in like 1971? the fork planted and I went over the bars onto the pavement headfirst. cracked the helmet in half.FB_IMG_1605348994823.jpg

apart from feeling like i'd been run over by a bus, I had no appreiable injuries. Been a helmet enthusiast ever since.....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, warbird said:
2 hours ago, hobot said:

HWgCNb8.jpg

 

...again, somebody, somewhere thought this is a good idea....

It kinda worked.

Look at the rate of climb - 70 years ago!

Performance

  • Maximum speed: Mach 0.87
  • Endurance: 15 minutes
  • Service ceiling: 20,000 m (66,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 200 m/s (39,000 ft/min)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

gawd, that happened to me on a Rupp Sprint minibike with telescoping forks. 

earlier that  day I bought my first fullface Bellstar Helmet in like 1971? the fork planted and I went over the bars onto the pavement headfirst. cracked the helmet in half.FB_IMG_1605348994823.jpg

apart from feeling like i'd been run over by a bus, I had no appreiable injuries. Been a helmet enthusiast ever since.....

 

Never again forgot to replace those snap rings either, didja?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

telephone wire interior

I worked for a premises cabling company many years ago.  One of the young lads was tasked with punching down 1,000 pairs.  This took him several days, and regrettably the foreman on the job didn't check the work till the end.  Yes, the idiot had punched them all down "one out."  Rip, rip, rip, out it all came and we started again.  With someone else.  The boy made tea after that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, warbird said:

...again, somebody, somewhere thought this is a good idea....

Better tighten

 

14 hours ago, hobot said:

HWgCNb8.jpg

Better tighten that chinstrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 12:41 PM, MauiPunter said:
On 11/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1605147787099.jpg

Must be built by Apple.

Or Nissan

image.jpeg.c5bdbf501dda3c6b70ab0884c30ebc4c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

Yvette Vickers in a striped dress | 24 Femmes Per Second

What is it about red hair?

Yvette's story....:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites