Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

2 hours ago, hobot said:

_85814729_80c61c67-7a12-433b-a4c5-0c0136471e36.jpg

thats my mum's house in the top left hand corner  ;-)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ancientseawolf said:
11 hours ago, hobot said:

1458px-Commercial_fishing.jpg

Just for the Halibut?

Hablibut our funney lookeng.  I thick they cod.                                          :)

On 12/8/2020 at 8:50 PM, hobot said:

Them parts laying in the parking lot are all that remain of the Pilgrim.

To entertain girls I used to anchor my Cal 20 between it and the pier, fire up the hibachi and listen to the Pirates of Penznace show they'd have going on during the summertime.

43c8b818df948fafad73e6e5ad9a5b3a.png

OCR-L-PILGRIM-0330-15-JA-1.jpg

Wow. I used to ferry passengers as a sea scout out to her for those concerts for donations to our program.  We had a small launch we called the Skull. It had a steering wheel that ran fore and aft. Single diesel. Shook like crazy. I think it also sank. Sea Scout Ship 936 Dana Point. 

Thanks for the best thread on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Cod on the deck, halibut hanging from the rigging?

I didente see them at fiste butte I thick you ritte...........            :)

34 minutes ago, 167149 said:

Victoria falls ?

yeupppppp.....  wife and I spent four days there 

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Hablibut our funney lookeng.  I thick they cod.                                          :)

Halibut hanging from the rigging

34 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

yeupppppp.....  wife and I spent four days there 

sad to think that once surplus  food and goods were exported from left to right on that bridge , now it flows rather urgently in the other direction, mind you with the current bunch of inepts running the place if you wait a bit it'll probably be sold to someone in arizona or texas cutting down the travel time

5 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Cod on the deck, halibut hanging from the rigging?

Those are "chickens" hanging in the rigging, and taste much better than the "barn doors".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NTB1998 said:

Halibut hanging from the rigging

Just like a mahi 

9 hours ago, nacradriver said:

In living color...

image.png.0423681cf9a04b6de4707500b43c82fd.png

Amazing place...One of a kind.  Here's a watercolor my mom did of Victoria Falls while traveling through Tanzania...she got it in one.

Screen_Shot_2020-12-12_at_6_44.45_PM.png

• Like 3

Who knew chi chi Margate was once such an industrial looking town?

130400030_718319608806408_5733929418189910018_n.jpg

196264792_Screenshot_2020-12-13LucyTheElephantNationalHistoricLandmarkAmericasOldestRoadsideAttraction.thumb.jpg.6a552f5a9319be667acb469e9d61e30c.jpg

Lucy lives!

11 minutes ago, hobot said:

100669665_1279429312260244_8544275013719556096_o.jpg

Stand on it!

On our way to Bonneville my friend was driving my Corvette when we came on a sight like that. He ran it up to about 135 then we saw a car coming so he backed off to about 110.

It turned out to be a Nevada trooper. We blew by and all he did was hit that growler thing a couple of times and kept on driving.

"Cool it a little boys" :D

Nice when they have a little common sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1607549591377.jpg

Careful you don't poke your eye out!

19 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Amazing place...One of a kind.  Here's a watercolor my mom did of Victoria Falls while traveling through Tanzania...she got it in one.

Except it's not in Tanzania, it's1000 miles south,  in Zimbabwe, on the Zambian border

20 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Ummmm ahhhha errrrrr.  Mr. Shifty, sir....  Victoria Falls is on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia. A little but further south than Tanzania..  But I do give you mum credit for a great painting

2 hours ago, cbm said:

Except it's not in Tanzania, it's1000 miles south,  in Zimbabwe, on the Zambian border

Hmmm.  You seem to have something there.   I't's from her website and I didn't proof it.  Will do so tomorrow  Thanks!  (Although, frankly she traveled so much I'm not sure she actually ever paid much attention to minor details like names of countries.)

1. Victoria Falls One of the greatest attractions in Africa and one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world, Victoria Falls is located on the Zambezi River, the fourth largest river in Africa, which is also defining the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.

5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Hmmm.  You seem to have something there.   I't's from her website and I didn't proof it.  Will do so tomorrow  Thanks!  (Although, frankly she traveled so much I'm not sure she actually ever paid much attention to minor details like names of countries.)

1. Victoria Falls One of the greatest attractions in Africa and one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world, Victoria Falls is located on the Zambezi River, the fourth largest river in Africa, which is also defining the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.

I know because I was born and brought up in Zimbabwe.....

2 hours ago, cbm said:

I know because I was born and brought up in Zimbabwe.....

I was there when it was still Rhodesia.  Doesn't time fly.

14 hours ago, OSPREY said:

472CC7C1-3D42-4976-A4FC-CDAD3814E1C0.jpeg

One of my favorites rides is through Stiltsville, or cutting through the Featherbed at the south end of Biscayne Bay..

FB_IMG_1607544958206.jpg

When I was going to OCC a prof (can't remember if it was in Seamanship and Nav or Biological Oceanography) said Newport Harbor had at one time been the mouth of the Santa Ana River before it straightened itself out. I'm sure it was pricey even then since it was so remote but jeez, if only I'd been there back in the day.