• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Arggghhh no!!!

Can't believe you posted an image of that horrible monstrosity from our city.

That edifice to money laundering.

That pick-pocket of average mans' wages.

That shrine to schlocky pseudo kulture.

Ptui!! I vent my mucus filled nostrils at it.

Tuffie,sorry if it's offensive to you,to the engineering world it's a marvel....Not only is it a helix,but it's a double helix.

The other engineering marvels as well....have quickly become some of the most popular photographed structures in the world.

Oh, no, don't get me wrong Boomer. I love the double helix...its that horrible evil empire behind it that gives me the shits.

pastor.jpg

"Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition..." It was a catchy tune back in the day.

54392.jpg

occasion? Moon landing?

Guy behind Kennedy and to his right, sunglasses and cigarette; auditioning for the Peter Sellers role as Dr. Strangelove?

54392.jpg

occasion? Moon landing?

Private showing of Deep Throat.

why the parascope ??

54392.jpg

occasion? Moon landing?

Private showing of I am curious yellow.

Fixed, DT came after.

Why is the flag removable?

Laundry - and the patch locations can be pre-sewn w/velcro at the factory, making it easier/cheaper to issue uniforms than requiring each individual to deal w/sewing on patches.

Very clever, Thanks!

20120321163558.jpg

Had a job on Whidbey Island,eh?

If I could, I'd find a way to make it work living there.

Checking my boats with an old Meyer Optik Pentacon 500/5.6

How's that Mac26 workin' out for ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

(joking aside, very nice shots.....)

Bora Bora Presidential Suite

Hilton-Bora-Bora-Nui-Presidential-Suite.jpg

Nothing says 'tropical paradise' like multi-level grass huts!

CanonEF500mmf4LISUSM.jpg

Ah Yes the WalkAbout Glass wink.gif

don't leave home without it ohmy.gif

The Church of the Redeemer in Bad Homburg, Germany. Finished in 1908, the building is outwardly of a heavy, romanesque revival appearance, while its interior is held in a neo-Byzantine style, with rich marble wall decorations and gold mosaics covering the domed ceiling, leading to the church sometimes being called 'Bad Homburg's Hagia Sophia'.

BHvdH_Erloeserkircher_Frontansicht_EVA_8493.jpg

The church was built to serve Bad Homburg's Evangelical Christians which around the start of the 20th Century suffered from lack of a sufficient congregation space. Its construction was paid for and the design supervised by Wilhelm II, the German Emperor, who had by then made Bad Homburg a summer residence town, and later often came to worship in the church, sitting in his own imperial box with a private entrance. Empress Auguste-Viktoria also provided the jewel-studded altar which was originally intended for the Church of the Redeemer in the Augusta Victoria complex in Jerusalem.

Two large church organs were installed, with it having a turn-of-the-20th-century Sauer organ and a new Bach organ based on a 1742 Thuringian model.

Erloeserkirche_Orgel.jpg

The Cize-Bolozon viaduct is a road-rail bridge crossing the Ain gorge in France.

The viaduct was originally constructed in 1875; it was destroyed in World War 2,and then reconstructed as an urgent post-war project due to its position on a main line to Paris. The viaduct reopened in May 1950.

The bridge carries road and rail traffic at very different levels. The railway forms part of the Ligne du Haut-Bugey which was closed for reconstruction in 2005 and reopened in December 2010.The local road from Poncin to Thoirette uses the lower level.

Viaduct-CizeBolozon.jpg