• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Shorthanded

West Michigan Thread

I want to do everything you want to do.

"Everything he wants to do"? ... or just the sailing stuff?

Everything.....Absolutely everything.

"Whatever you want, honey."

It is difficult to discern at times who is more entertaining, you guys, or my 8th grade students tongue.gif

I want to do everything you want to do.

It is difficult to discern at times who is more entertaining, you guys, or my 8th grade students tongue.gif

At least it's legal if we put-out.

At least it's legal if we put-out.

This thread has not progressed the way I thought it would...

Hroth

There are some additions to Div 1 on Wednesday's this year.

I may lobby to be put in D2

Hroth

Wuss....Have fun racing against the T-10's

Hroth

Your understanding of nuanced sarcasm is lacking...

Hroth

How much Lake effect snow are you guys getting over there right now? We just have the nice fluffy dry flakes coming down here making everything a dusting and fresh white. Would rather be getting hammered with it.

TBT30?

Tee Bone Torresen 30!

Looking forward to seeing ya on the line...........

TBT30?

Tee Bone Torresen 30!

Looking forward to seeing ya on the line...........

So does this mean we now have to say GTFTBT instead of GTFP? :blink:

And will there be a prize for the first boat that knocks the ridiculously long sprit off that thing? :P

Hroth

Hroth

No sir...Your understanding of double reverse nuanced sarcasm appears to be....

Hroth

Hroth

No sir...Your understanding of double reverse nuanced sarcasm appears to be....

You are not as clever as you think you are...

Hroth

this is slowly turning into the '1000 days at sea' thread....

...all we need is some rabid self-promotion, a ridiculous Rickrolling video, a few drug smuggling convictions, a 2kt SB, an illegitimate child, bad wood carvings, a metric ton of sprouts and about 2500 more posts.

What am I forgetting?

Who asked you to butt in...

Seriously, who and/or what new is coming to Division 1

go dig a hole in the lake.

Wait...let me get some popcorn and a comfortable chair

Why is it you never have anything constructive to contribute to this thread?

Hroth

Seriously, who and/or what new is coming to Division 1

Yeah, will we have another oversize Sydney sailed to its rating?

Well, it sounds like the GTFP will be on the line...maybe Ragged Edge too...not sure about anyone else but if Sea Hero is in Musky this year instead of White Lake, they might be another candidate.

Maybe they should create a D0 for all the BIG boats and leave D1 intact. That would be more the way sections break in other regattas.

Hroth

I talked to Ragged Edge last night. He sounds interested in staying in Musketucky for 2011. I think he may even look into one of the new big slips at MYC.

Hroth

Well said Hroth...my thoughts exactly.

Hroth

Well said Hroth...my thoughts exactly.

It is such great entertainment though.

Hroth

because i suck at sailing. any other brilliant questions?

Hroth

because i suck at sailing. any other brilliant questions?

Who cuts your hair?

I talked to Ragged Edge last night. He sounds interested in staying in Musketucky for 2011. I think he may even look into one of the new big slips at MYC.

+1

Received confirmation last night that Ragged Edge has put his name on one of the new big slips at MYC for 2011.

+1

Received confirmation last night that Ragged Edge has put his name on one of the new big slips at MYC for 2011.

Thats great news.

+1

Thats great news.

Still lots of space left I suspect...but yes, good news.

Hroth

Just hypothetically speaking...Would there be dock space for 38' x 24' catamaran "Nice Pair" to slide into? Or some other wide bodied vessel with more than one hull and very little draft, without folding?

Just hypothetically speaking...Would there be dock space for 38' x 24' catamaran "Nice Pair" to slide into? Or some other wide bodied vessel with more than one hull and very little draft, without folding?

According to the 'plan' there is 37' between finger piers on the outside dock. The length of those slips is 46' so I would say there would be plenty of room...there are no posts in the water between slips so this gives some flexibility.

Hroth

According to the 'plan' there is 37' between finger piers on the outside dock. The length of those slips is 46' so I would say there would be plenty of room...there are no posts in the water between slips so this gives some flexibility.

Hroth

My hunch is that you would likely be charged for the cost of two slips - which could get pricey. As for the use of these slips for transient dockage (if they are open), that would need to be discussed with the dock committee.

Hroth

My hunch is that you would likely be charged for the cost of two slips - which could get pricey. As for the use of these slips for transient dockage (if they are open), that would need to be discussed with the dock committee.

Great. Thanks! I was just askin'. We know and accept we are the black sheep in the neighborhood...so to speak (you can fill in the correct non PC vernacular huh.gif)

Your just fat is all. Just like the big people that have to buy 2 airplane seats to fly.

That's actually pretty funny laugh.gif Gotta work on your English a bit though. It is You're, as in You are "just fat..."

Your just fat is all. Just like the big people that have to buy 2 airplane seats to fly.

That's actually pretty funny laugh.gif Gotta work on your English a bit though. It is You're, as in You are "just fat..."

Ah tis true, had to make an effort to not put "ur".

...all we need is some rabid self-promotion, a ridiculous Rickrolling video, a few drug smuggling convictions, a 2kt SB, an illegitimate child, bad wood carvings, a metric ton of sprouts and about 2500 more posts.

What am I forgetting?

The cheese! :lol:

Probably going out to the boat this Sunday. My boat is in the unheated storage building behind the ShipsStore at Torresens. I'll be the guy drinking copiuos amounts of Mt.Gay in an effort to stay warm. If anyone is around feel free to knock on the hull and get a free shot or two of rum.

Aaarrrggghhh! (how long til we can launch the boats? :unsure: )

What am I forgetting?

Probably going out to the boat this Sunday. My boat is in the unheated storage building behind the ShipsStore at Torresens. I'll be the guy drinking copiuos amounts of Mt.Gay in an effort to stay warm. If anyone is around feel free to knock on the hull and get a free shot or two of rum.

only 57 days until spring...

What am I forgetting?

April 30 is my target date...hope the new docks are in by then.

Hroth

New math or did the earth's orbit change?

Whoops, my caculator lied... I will try 63 this time

Your calculator is a pathological liar. March 20th is the first day of spring this year. So even if we start with tomorrow, there are 17 days left in January, 28 in Feb, and 19 in March before we hit the 20th, so 64?

Your calculator is a pathological liar. March 20th is the first day of spring this year. So even if we start with tomorrow, there are 17 days left in January, 28 in Feb, and 19 in March before we hit the 20th, so 64?

If you really want to be that accurate, spring arrives at 23:21UT on March 20*, so would not the first full day of spring be March 21 ? If so my calculator is even worse than what you noted.

*Source is from a desk calendar I have that probably is lying to me also.

I really wanted you to be right the first time...shit.

+1

I was happy just to think it was that close, now not so happy !

PB's new RC boat

167369_179225228775276_116988438332289_484159_1353110_n.jpg

I think PB would like it better if it had a bimini top. We all know the RC is way mo happier if they ain't gettin rained on. And I gotta wonder if that rig has cup holders... :P

+1

good you guys can have 'em, dangerous racer right there.

I realize it's no Queens Cup.........

Any racing requiring helmets and a face shield (not counting ice boating) is perhaps a bit crazy?

Hroth

+1

Dangerous compared to who??

+1

I was kinda wondering the same thing....

I realize it's no Queens Cup.........

Any racing requiring helmets and a face shield (not counting ice boating) is perhaps a bit crazy?

Hroth

Right on!

+1

Dangerous? Not the adjective I would choose . No stranger to MYC and never considered RE dangerous (at least not to others!) We will take him in the new division 1a for PHRF's under 40 :P

Some local cats on the top 2 M32's down in KWRW

Monday, January 17, 2011

<A href="http://www.sailkarma.com/2011/01/international-melges-32-class.html">Douglas’ Goombay Smash And Jackson’s Leenabarca Rule The Melges 32s In Key West

Photos-by-JOY_08.JPG

17 JANUARY 2011

Douglas’ Goombay Smash And Jackson’s Leenabarca Rule The Melges 32s In Key West

Key West, Fla. - Positioned in first and second respectively, Doug Douglas’ Goombay Smash (Chris Larson, tactician) and Alex Jackson’s Leenabarca (Rob Greenhalgh, tactician) lead the twenty-one strong Melges 32 fleet with five points a piece. Steve Howe’s Warpath (Morgan Larson, tactician) finished nicely three points behind to place third overall.

Light breezes, warm temps, a Course 4 at 180 degrees and lumpy, bumpy seas set the stage under partly- to mostly-cloudy skies for the opening day. Great Britain’s Peter Rogers on Highlife (Ruaridh Scott, tactician) managed to get off the line well taking the early lead with Douglas and Jackson fighting for the top spot slot. While Rogers maintained his lead, Jackson and Douglas also had second place runner Howe to contend with. Howe, like Rogers, held steadfast and true the entire race defending his fleet position. Rogers took the win with Howe in second and Jackson beat Douglass for third. Defending Key West Champion John Kilroy on Samba Pa Ti (Nathan Wilmot, tactician) finished fifth sporting a new paint job, new gear, new everything for his return to Key West and the 2011 Melges 32 racing circuit.

The final race of the day was a Course 5 providing lighter winds, and the seas sort of calmed as well. With a shift right at the start of race two, a couple of teams found themselves instantly in trouble being called OCS. Douglas was quick to advance up the first beat to round behind race leader Geoff Pierini on Shakedown (Gavin Brady, tactician). The key moment of the race took place at the last leeward gate when Douglas had just barely caught up with Pierini, the two splitting the difference. Pierini’s mistake was that he chose the left gate, while Douglas took the right and the right is where the pressure was. Taking full advantage of the situation, Douglas and Jackson gained substantial ground back upwind to surpass Pierini, finishing first and second. Phil Lotz on Arethusa (Ed Baird, tactician) moved up to take third, while Pierini slipped to fourth and Oscar Strugstad’s Dawn Raid (Andy Beadsworth, tactician) rounded out the top five.

MELGES 32 MEDIA

Friends, family and fans of the Melges 32 are able to tune-in and enjoy the racing action and developments from a distance, special thanks to Sail 22’s all new Sailing Updates. They anticipate bringing as-it-happens coverage from the water. A very special thanks to Steve Rhyne's Mojo Team.

Daily race reports, press release and photos will be available at the official website of the International Melges 32 Class Association. If you are unable to attend Key West Race Week 2011, stay in touch by subscribing to the IM32CA RSS Feed or visiting the Official Melges 32 Blog. The Melges 32 can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

TOP TEN RESULTS (After two races)

1.) William Douglas/Chris Larson, Goombay Smash; 4-1 = 5

2.) Alex Jackson/Rob Greenhalgh, Leenabarca; 3-2 = 5

3.) Steve Howe/Morgan Larson, Warpath; 2-6 = 8

4.) Oscar Strugstad/Andy Beadsworth, Dawn Raid; 6-5 = 11

5.) Phil Lotz/Ed Baird, Arethusa; 11-3 = 14

6.) John Kilroy, Jr./Nathan Wilmot, Samba Pa Ti; 5-10 = 15

7.) Joel Ronning/Bill Hardesty, Catapult; 9-8 = 17

8.) Joe Woods/Paul Goodison, Red; 8-9 = 17

9.) Yukihiro Ishida/Tony Rey, Yasha Samurai; 13-7 = 20

10.) Peter Rogers/Ruaridh Scott, Highlife; 1-20 = 21

Hey bitches....guess who's all bark and no bite......

Welcome Back! :lol:

Will be making the trip to Navy Pier Saturday. Anyone else going to SS this weekend?

Yes, heading down, will you be with LT at the owners meeting or just the show portion?

Just giving you all some news to chat it up over a few at your local sailing pub wherever that may be. I am no longer involved with the "Nice Pair" program. She is listed in the classifieds, but there is a chance you may see her sailing some of the Great Lakes circuit races and those on Lake Michigan. It has been an outstanding 11 year run and I can't thank you all enough for all the support and enthusiasm over the years.

Just giving you all some news to chat it up over a few at your local sailing pub wherever that may be. I am no longer involved with the "Nice Pair" program. She is listed in the classifieds, but there is a chance you may see her sailing some of the Great Lakes circuit races and those on Lake Michigan. It has been an outstanding 11 year run and I can't thank you all enough for all the support and enthusiasm over the years.

I'm guessing there's a story here somewhere. I'm sure enquiring minds want to know

But I admire your class in keeping it to your self.

Moving forward, any news on your plans? Or still in the free agent phase?

Will be making the trip to Navy Pier Saturday. Anyone else going to SS this weekend?

Yes, heading down, will you be with LT at the owners meeting or just the show portion?

Yes, will be at the owner's meeting with LT, see you there!

I'm guessing there's a story here somewhere. I'm sure enquiring minds want to know

But I admire your class in keeping it to your self.

Moving forward, any news on your plans? Or still in the free agent phase?

Free agent phase right now. Nothing confirmed yet. Mostly, the story is, I simply can't afford it anymore, and have gone into debt every year for the last 4yrs or so. And each year, it takes longer and longer to crawl out of it and pay off all the bills. Partnership didn't help alleviate this.