Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhc

tom ehman as machiavelli

Tom Ehman has nearly completed his machiavellian enterprise. After decades of effort Mr. Ehman has come to the brink of returning the America's Cup trophy to it's 100 years residence in Manhattan Island. Improbably assisted by an Australian citizen, over one hundred New Zealand citizens, a Swiss Yacht Club, the UAE, and...a California based yacht club. The main perpetrator, Captain Spithill, a citizen of the very nation that took the trophy by "questionable means" over a quarter century ago.

Australian and California residents, when questioned about this diabolical enterprise said "what? who cares? While New Englanders, B of A, and Saudi princes, made comments to the effect that finally the world is to be put on it's "correct axis".

Stay tuned to leakyleaks.com for more developments.

Tom Ehman has nearly completed his machiavellian enterprise. After decades of effort Mr. Ehman has come to the brink of returning the America's Cup trophy to it's 100 years residence in Manhattan Island. Improbably assisted by an Australian citizen, over one hundred New Zealand citizens, a Swiss Yacht Club, the UAE, and...a California based yacht club. The main perpetrator, Captain Spithill, a citizen of the very nation that took the trophy by "questionable means" over a quarter century ago.

Australian and California residents, when questioned about this diabolical enterprise said "what? who cares? While New Englanders, B of A, and Saudi princes, made comments to the effect that finally the world is to be put on it's "correct axis".

Stay tuned to leakyleaks.com for more developments.

No ... Tom is too good-natured and boisterous to have the stealth needed to emulate Machiavelli.

And, in his heart, probably prefers SF.

Recent events remind me of China.

They all point to an edict from above.

No ... Tom is too good-natured and boisterous to have the stealth needed to emulate Machiavelli.

And, in his heart, probably prefers SF. Ummm, no he doesn't. He prefers Newport, always has.

Recent events remind me of China.

They all point to an edict from above.

Sources inside the "syndicate" claim that an unnamed billionaire, like the Brits, is irrelevant. "I guess someone pays the bill". An anonymous syndicate member was overheard to mutter as he/she left an upscale San Francisco restaurant, entering a limo, saying "to the jet center".

leakyleaks.com

considering ggyc is the defender (no matter where they defend), would you mind elaborating a bit on how exactly will the cup return to the nyyc?

considering ggyc is the defender (no matter where they defend), would you mind elaborating a bit on how exactly will the cup return to the nyyc?

Very similar to the method that an internet worm will attack your computer, inhabit it, and turn it into a zombie, ggyc has become a "zombie" of nyyc!

Modern warfare...

I think that tag line would be "Sacrifices AC for NYYC". America's Cup as event trying to gain stature wins big in SF and loses bigger in Newport so no benefit for the America's Cup on the super downsize me move.

Newport is home port for NYCC. They have a palatial club house right where AC34 plans to put the boats...imagine that. I'd bet those kind souls will even offer to display the cup for their country cousin GGYC friends though they could only view it when it is open to general hoi polloi.

GGYC on the other hand has it's home port in San Francisco, 2500 miles away.

The laughter at NYYC in getting the cup back at the expense of the GGYC "poodles" is being heard all over.

I can see Ehman in his Darth Vader outfit addressing the GGYC "You don't like the deal? Be careful I don't alter it further". But will the empire strike back? A few months down the line, the little old ladies who are the backbone of Ft. Adams support chained together to stop "Billionaire Bulldozers" while Historic Site attack lawyers savage AC34 from the airwaves.

SF should really stir the pot and tell AC34 if they don't decide by Dec. 31st the offer is withdrawn and AC34 can come back if it changes its mind and we'll talk. Newport then has no restraints and asks AC34 for the "good faith" $500M development check from AC34 to rebuild Quonset Point. SF might start looking good again.

SF should really stir the pot and tell AC34 if they don't decide by Dec. 31st the offer is withdrawn and AC34 can come back if it changes its mind and we'll talk. Newport then has no restraints and asks AC34 for the "good faith" $500M development check from AC34 to rebuild Quonset Point. SF might start looking good again.

Try that and they are dead meat.

Try that and they are dead meat.

AC34 is dead meat more like it. SF does not need the can't-get-on-TV-due-to-no-audience America's Cup. While can't-get-no-TV America's Cup needs the 60,000,000 million (ok 120,000,000 at two each) eyeballs that SF will put on the America's Cup in three years at Pier 27.

If SF pulls the plug, Newport/RI is the only place left for AC34 and suddenly Newport/RI is in the driver's seat doing a dial up on sitting duck AC34, looking for $100M in down payment from AC34 instead of AC asking Newport/RI for "$10-$50M" to bulldoze a National Register historic site.

Newport is home port for NYCC. They have a palatial club house right where AC34 plans to put the boats...imagine that. I'd bet those kind souls will even offer to display the cup for their country cousin GGYC friends though they could only view it when it is open to general hoi polloi.

GGYC on the other hand has it's home port in San Francisco, 2500 miles away.

The laughter at NYYC in getting the cup back at the expense of the GGYC "poodles" is being heard all over.

I can see Ehman in his Darth Vader outfit addressing the GGYC "You don't like the deal? Be careful I don't alter it further". But will the empire strike back? A few months down the line, the little old ladies who are the backbone of Ft. Adams support chained together to stop "Billionaire Bulldozers" while Historic Site attack lawyers savage AC34 from the airwaves.

That would require a spine.

hiss.jpg

Still room in the cast for the Sheriff of Nottingham and King Richard ..

Newport, by those in the know, has always been the choice. Why do you think Ellison bought the mansion there this summer? Besides it blows 2 there so that multi-million dollar cats might not explode before the Cup is over. Why would you take the Cup to San Fran where great breeze, sunshine and the epicenter of high tech geniuses in glasses could broadcast this all over the web cheap for us all to enjoy? Common guys, this is politics and money and the New York brood who recently brought us financial collapse (while they profited handsomely from it) have forgotten more about gorilla warfare than the gentle hippies of the west have ever known.

Newport it will be so suck it up.

^^^

Yup - noted both down :D

you missed "Yacht racing on planning keelboats" although I'm duly impressed with both of your 2nd language skills

Newport, by those in the know, has always been the choice. Why do you think Ellison bought the mansion there this summer? Besides it blows 2 there so that multi-million dollar cats might not explode before the Cup is over. Why would you take the Cup to San Fran where great breeze, sunshine and the epicenter of high tech geniuses in glasses could broadcast this all over the web cheap for us all to enjoy? Common guys, this is politics and money and the New York brood who recently brought us financial collapse (while they profited handsomely from it) have forgotten more about gorilla warfare than the gentle hippies of the west have ever known.

Newport it will be so suck it up.

Don't buy this ONE f'ING BIT!

"Gorilla warfare" is almost as good as "steak holder".

We always talk about that stuff in our pier group!