Grinder

Chicago Area III

That's fuckin rich coming from you, newb.

Why don't you entertain us with some gossip & lies?

You asked for gossip. Appears the NOOD racing series is dead except for Annapolis and Chicago. Detroit has been cancelled and Bayview is trying going at it alone. Likely San Diego is also history

and Lies: Myself (OffCourse) and Ike (BigCountry) will win the Chicago SA Volvo Race Leg 1. Everyone else is fucked. They are too far north. The last 14 hrs I've past close to Twenty Thousand boats

Actually, Assassin, Defiance, and TonyBowker area all ahead of you quite a bit and on the same course. I am just N of rhumb and about 4K ahead of you and Grinder, even further - it will be interesting to see where people converge...

As I said before, you're all fucked. Check standings with 200nm to go. You have to go south of the St Helena High. Rumblining looks real good until you run into the headwinds being north of the high. We may be freezing our asses off south of the 40's parallel, but it's from behind the whole way

And yet, you are still behind Assassin...

That's fuckin rich coming from you, newb.

Why don't you entertain us with some gossip & lies?

You asked for gossip. Appears the NOOD racing series is dead except for Annapolis and Chicago. Detroit has been cancelled and Bayview is trying going at it alone. Likely San Diego is also history

and Lies: Myself (OffCourse) and Ike (BigCountry) will win the Chicago SA Volvo Race Leg 1. Everyone else is fucked. They are too far north. The last 14 hrs I've past close to Twenty Thousand boats

Actually, Assassin, Defiance, and TonyBowker area all ahead of you quite a bit and on the same course. I am just N of rhumb and about 4K ahead of you and Grinder, even further - it will be interesting to see where people converge...

As I said before, you're all fucked. Check standings with 200nm to go. You have to go south of the St Helena High. Rumblining looks real good until you run into the headwinds being north of the high. We may be freezing our asses off south of the 40's parallel, but it's from behind the whole way

and behind Defiance. But most of all you ran aground 16 miles from the finish.

Everyone else is fucked. They are too far north. The last 14 hrs I've past close to Twenty Thousand boats

and behind Defiance. But most of all you ran aground 16 miles from the finish.

"You're all fucked!"

vor-leg1.png

Saturday, January 7th. Devil's Head Ski resort.

Unadulterated drinking & skiing. No formal plan, just go up Saturday AM, park at the bottom of the hill, put the beer in the car & visit the car as necessary. Last year was so much fun, I forgot I was ever there. Rooms are cheap, but get them early. Wildcard football weekend, too.

http://www.devilsheadresort.com/?gclid=CLbyj-Po5qwCFRDHKgodkAzrLA

Just got done helping a friend with an estate sale.

There are at least four dingy rigs (mast , boom, some rigging) , two look about the size of a 420 (doubt they are 420 though) , two more are larger. I have absolutely no idea what they go to. The was a sticker on one of the two 420esk masts which says

"MAST A+D MAST INC. Largo FL."

They are located in Oakbrook and if anyone can use them for anything other than scrap (I can sell the aluminum to the scrap yards myself...) I will give them away for free. I hate to see them go to waste. Maybe great for a crazy do-it-yourself project.

email me @ richfrye@comcast.net if interested.

Unadulterated drinking & skiing. No formal plan, just go up Saturday AM, park at the bottom of the hill, put the beer in the car & visit the car as necessary. Last year was so much fun, I forgot I was ever there. Rooms are cheap, but get them early. Wildcard football weekend, too.

http://www.devilshea...CFRDHKgodkAzrLA

Does someone have a grill for parking lot BBQ'ing? If that's allowed at Devil's head.

Here is my friends list for the first leg of the VOR and how they did - feel free to add your boat so I can add you to my friends list for the next leg.

Assassin 3523 - Sam

Defiance 4376 - Bob W

Tonybowker 4509 - Tony

Tsunamimike 5194 - Mike

BigCountry 5248 - Ike

Offcourse 5718 - Olof

Skinmarks 14153- Lou

Grinder 14789- Jim

fivedegrees 15382- Tom

turningpoint2 16207 - Dave H ? not sure

Irishdriver 24856 - Wally

chicksrace2 42188 - Darcy

Good luck on the 2nd leg and hopefully we can set up groups for the next leg to track on the VOR website.

Been a while since I posted something. I have been travelling like crazy. Jill and I wrapped up our first year of living in Whitebread America. With that came J24 drinking, E-Scow racing, A-Scow speeding, bunch of fishing, cycling, snow shoeing, skiing and now Iceboating. Our lakes are starting to freeze up here in Minnesota. A3 should pull a few peeps together and come up here for a weekend of Iceboating. It's good fun.

post-4620-036397500 1323180000_thumb.jpg

This video I put together for Minnesota Fun 101 as well as for helping to get people like yourselves into Iceboat racing. If you haven't done it before you should try it, you'll be hooked.

Hippie

Rigs spoken for, thanks.

There are at least four dingy rigs (mast , boom, some rigging) , two look about the size of a 420 (doubt they are 420 though) , two more are larger. I have absolutely no idea what they go to. The was a sticker on one of the two 420esk masts which says

They are located in Oakbrook and if anyone can use them for anything other than scrap (I can sell the aluminum to the scrap yards myself...) I will give them away for free. I hate to see them go to waste. Maybe great for a crazy do-it-yourself project.

http://www.devilsheadresort.com/?gclid=CLbyj-Po5qwCFRDHKgodkAzrLA

Booked!!! and made reservations at Betty Ford Clinic for the Monday!

Rigs spoken for, thanks.

Thanks Rich I touched with your associate and will meet up this weekend greatly appreciate the offer!

Here is my friends list for the first leg of the VOR and how they did - feel free to add your boat so I can add you to my friends list for the next leg.

Assassin 3523 - Sam

Defiance 4376 - Bob W

Tonybowker 4509 - Tony

Tsunamimike 5194 - Mike

BigCountry 5248 - Ike

Offcourse 5718 - Olof

Skinmarks 14153- Lou

Grinder 14789- Jim

fivedegrees 15382- Tom

Good luck on the 2nd leg and hopefully we can set up groups for the next leg to track on the VOR website.

Just a heads up - I think we start Leg 2 of the VOR this Sunday @ 7AM Chicago Standard Time - you need to set up your boat again when you sign in - check in early!

Assassin 3523 - Sam

Defiance 4376 - Bob W

Tonybowker 4509 - Tony

Tsunamimike 5194 - Mike

BigCountry 5248 - Ike

Offcourse 5718 - Olof

Skinmarks 14153- Lou

Grinder 14789- Jim

fivedegrees 15382- Tom

Just a heads up - I think we start Leg 2 of the VOR this Sunday @ 7AM Chicago Standard Time - you need to set up your boat again when you sign in - check in early!

Shouldn't you boys be out in the woods, sitting naked around the campfire, and beating drums... or something?

Chaos

BC party at Ike's tonight....rock on!!!

I'll sent the crack whores.. Wait, meth whores. Only the best 'Lot Lizards' from Love's Truck Stop that $64.50 can buy. Yeah.....

I could sub in for Mr. I 'flew half way around the globe to shag a sheep' Nardi and have Mount Gay and Shlitz Malt Liquor sponsor the party.

You know he's reading this in his spiffy new All Blacks gear with a mince pie in one hand and a sausage roll in his gob.

Don't forget the marmite (or is it vegimite on NZ?)

Great quote from John G. Shedd, a great Chicagoan and philanthropist:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."

Have a great week,

ID

Great quote from John G. Shedd, a great Chicagoan and philanthropist:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."

Have a great week,

ID

Wally, this a heavily disputed penning. No one is really sure who said it first. There is an unpenned poem that contains these lines written crica 1900, before the 1928 attribution to John G. Shedd, although it was more likely that one of Shedd's daughters actually said it or put it into "Salt in my Attic", since JDS died in 1926. I enjoy reading these in their full context.

Here is the poem.

Ships Are Safe in the Harbour (poem, author unknown)

All I live for is now

All I stand for is where and how

All I wish for are magic moments

As I sail through change

My resolve remains the same

What I chose are magic moments

Because ships are safe in the harbour

But that is not what ships are made for

The mind could stretch much further

But it seems that is not what our minds are trained for

We call for random order

You can't control Mother nature's daughter

Ships are safe in the harbour

But that is not what ships are built for

The witch hunter roams

The scary thing is that he's not alone

He's trying to down my magic moments

As we sail through change

Ride the wind of a silent rage

And sing laments of magic moments

The abandoned boat is on F dock of Belmont. 24-25 feet, maybe a Cal 25? I've got pics on my phone. I'll help bring her to a yard if we can find one that will take a charity case. Needs an outboard.

No water in the cabin or cockpit. There looks to be beer down below, too. The F dock gate is open. I'll bet the harbor master will say take it. Just need a place to go. & a motor or tow vessel, until we can hoist that sweet main

No water in the cabin or cockpit. There looks to be beer down below, too. The F dock gate is open. I'll bet the harbor master will say take it. Just need a place to go. & a motor or tow vessel, until we can hoist that sweet main

Grinder,

Do not want to throw cold water on good intentions, however, be very careful not to take the boat without proper papers and permission. One sure way of getting yourself (and others involved) in trouble. Also at the other end you may find yourself liable for the yard bills. As much as I hate to see a sailboat mistreated it needs to be left to the authorities.

If they hire you, that is a different issue.

Robin

Mast could be unstepped and the boat could be hauled using the crane at the south side of the harbor.

I have a set of straps that would do the job; all you need to do is borrow a trailer. I bet that Blair has one available or can get one.

Anyone want to do a little city happy hour to celebrate the holidays, this week or early next?

That is if you're all not too busy playing pirate up in Belmont.

Grinder I'm looking in your direction.

Anyone want to do a little city happy hour to celebrate the holidays, this week or early next?

I'm looking for something to get into Friday or Saturday ---

City?

I think it's bullshit that you have to search your friends again for Volvo race. Seriously, they couldn't carry over that info?

I think it's bullshit that you have to search your friends again for Volvo race. Seriously, they couldn't carry over that info?

You were the only one. It is because we all unfriended you.

City?

Chicago of course - 5400 LSD

I can't figure out how to see other people, request friends.. Wait, I have no friends. Well that makes things easier. Can you add friends via a mobile app, or do you have to use a PC?

Balls2yourPartner

Balls to your partner,

Ass against the wall,

If you've never been laid on Saturday night,

You've never been laid at all.

WOW! Flashback to John Valby concerts in the 70's and 80's...

VOR said in the 1st 24 hrs they would black out other boats so had to sail your own race at the start.

If you look now you can see all your "friends" boats.

City?

I'm in Lincoln Square so not too far - alright.

Which night is better?

Who else is in?

City?

Which night is better?

Who else is in?

If you boys were not meeting in Wisco I may be up for it.

City?

Which night is better?

Who else is in?

I'm good for either Friday Night or Saturday - Where's a good spot to hang?

If you boys were not meeting in Wisco I may be up for it.

C'mon Shammy-B you and I are long over due for a drink session - We can always meet some place more southern - How about Keegan's Pub at 107th and Western? Is that south enough for ya?

I never signed up for the South Side - I'm actually banned from Western Ave.

It's a long story but it involves a rough night at Cork and Kerry.

Cork and Kerry is like Keegan's Lite - If you want a really fun experience go to Brubakers at 3am

OK So Sham-a-lam-a Numbers - where do you suggest?

Cork and Kerry is like Keegan's Lite - If you want a really fun experience go to Brubakers at 3am

I do like Keegan's too and I was of course kidding about the Western Ave Ban.

My only question is transport to and from those parts.

This doesn't sound like a terrible night http://www.paddylongs.com/great-lakes-tap-takeover-at-paddy-longs/

This doesn't sound like a terrible night http://www.paddylong...at-paddy-longs/

Way to far for Northsiders - that's an all night commitment (Keegans that is) Never been to Paddy's

How about this

6pm Friday

Innjoy

2051 W Division St

Chicago, IL 60622

Way to far for Northsiders - that's an all night commitment (Keegans that is) Never been to Paddy's

How about this

6pm Friday

Innjoy

2051 W Division St

Chicago, IL 60622

I like it but 7 is more do-able for me.

How about this

6pm Friday

Innjoy

2051 W Division St

Chicago, IL 60622

I like it but 7 is more do-able for me.

Ok deal ...

5d. My friends list is empty, except skid & BC. Game blows.

Game totally blows - I abandoned it after race 1

5d. My friends list is empty, except skid & BC. Game blows.

Game totally blows - I abandoned it after race 1

It does blow, have yet to abandon.

Grinder have you gone to headqrtrs>friends or foloowing>and opened up the eyeballs?

:o

At the beginning of Leg 2, I had to go back, like Ike said, and re-click the eye watch list (that was still there from Leg 1) and re-check everyone there, and it worked... :o

ID

VOR is like the Mac

It's suppose to be a sleigh ride but the first day is either a beat, no wind or it's raining

Hopefully it will get better soon - right now it blows.

Ike is right about clicking on the eyes!

12345 have you checked out Anthem yet?

I have not been there yet, how is it?

BTW Folks... Vegas has screwed the pooch on his flights and will not be there till 7:30/45 ish. Nor will I as he needs to drop his knife set at my place.

12345 have you checked out Anthem yet?

I have not been there yet, how is it?

BTW Folks... Vegas has screwed the pooch on his flights and will not be there till 7:30/45 ish. Nor will I as he needs to drop his knife set at my place.

148161949.JPG

OMG I love that book - Y'know Robert Jordan has come to dominate the world Tolkien began to reveal ... Simply Awesome!

Hey guys, Belmont boat update:

Boat is out of the water next to the Harbormasters office on a cradle of some sort.

go Bears!

Hey guys, Belmont boat update:

Boat is out of the water next to the Harbormasters office on a cradle of some sort.

go Bears!

Go Blackhawks!

Fixed

The Devils Head snowcam is a nice distraction this afternoon. http://www.devilshea...hr/snowcam.aspx

Looking forward to showing up with everyone and re-enacting the pool scene from Caddy Shack in the parking lot.

'Pants' Irish Driver?

Suck in your gut when the hot chick walks by?

Put some sunscreen on Grinder's back?

Or are you going to drop a Baby Ruth in the parking lot?

That hard packed icy ant hill looks like a great time in the parking lot for all.

I was thinking the same thing - there's absolutely zero real snow on the ground and just about none in the forecast for the next couple weeks. I'm going to go all D'Annunzio

over that parking lot.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Area III bitches, and to anyone else who reads our awesome thread...!

And Go Bears!! :)

ID

Sounds like a great way to start the year even if it is a little chilly out.

Keel or dink?

Tried to send you a PM and got error message.

I guess the BB Blocker is working

3-6 inches of fake snow.

What time is everyone planning on getting up there on Saturday?

9 - 9:30 Same as last year but 30 degrees warmer. Do you want gravy with those mashed potatoes?