Grinder

Chicago Area III

Im just glad your in Marblehead so I don't have to waste my time thinking up clever ways to harass you.

what's next? Are you going to make t-shirts with funny sailing nicknames for everyone?

We already did that, but you wouldn't know that because you’re an outsider, stay there.

Wanker

I had the pleasure of sailing with and against most of the guys on here from 2005-2011 when I was living in Chicago. Most of the boats I sailed on are no longer around and neither are some of the sailors, but I don't think I qualify as an outsider. I check in here because I like the people and the Chicago scene was a lot of fun for the years I was there and the racing was good to me.

Finally, I will be a regular on Flying Tiger 007 (E dock) in 2012... harass away.

Flying Wasp is not an outsider.

He must be kidding about 007

Aw c'mon, the vision of this guy harassing George was simply too much to resist.

You threw stones and I called you out.

You then proceed to throw stones at me and I’m throwing them back. Unfortunately for you my accuracy is better than yours.

Most of the people who read this thread are sensible and reasonable. They are going to read what you have written and see you have made a complete fool out of yourself. I suggest you quit well your behind and save what little respect Chicago area III has for you.

I’m not wasting my breath on you immature post anymore, consider your post ignored.

yeeeesh.

From what little I know, It will be entered in the Mac, and do other port to ports, some Pinnacle charity races, but I don't think it will do much other stuff. I could be wrong about some of this. The crew of the Pinnacle Mac entry of years past, supplemented with other experienced Pinnacle members, combined with some others previously unassociated with Pinnacle, will learn the boat, and enjoy it in the process. The future crew of Ocean, know what they are, and know what they aren't. This isn't a balls-out-big-boat racing program, that some may wish it could be. Yeah, there are risks in life, and from what I can tell, its well understood, and they intend to be prepared to learn to deal with the consequences of such a boat. Unconventional? Perhaps, but they will be out there, on a sick boat for the lake, doing it together. Throw as many stones as you'd like, and laugh at their mistakes, But they're in it for the fun, and I hope everyone interested will get a chance to see the smiles on their faces, as they do it their way, for fun.

DANGER Will Robinson,

There are few if any big boat sailors not attached to current boats to sail this beast (I mean boats over 50 feet). And all of those don't pay to sail on these boats. The loads are very high (15,000lbs +) and simple things like the port jib winches run backwards (for sheet leads) will screw up pro sailers at times. Steering this boat is no dream as the main steers it not the wheel. You need lots of grinders and with 5000sq.ft. chutes, good luck with takedowns. In under 6kts it should be fun for them and over 18 just plain scary.

I expressed concerns about the idea of an offshore sled being part of a time-share fleet. No stone thrown. I think it's a bad idea for a learning platform. Again, that's not throwing stones, just sharing an opinion out of concern for newbie sailors and most big boat sailors would probably agree that you're better off making mistakes on smaller boats so you don't make them on bigger ones. I hope it all works out for the Ocean program, I hope they race well and everyone comes away with some great experiences and no one gets hurt.

The people on this thread are releasable? You give them release? Ewww.

Aw c'mon, the vision of this guy harassing George was simply too much to resist.

I knew it was BS when you said "regular" crew. George does not regularly race.

You threw stones and I called you out.

You then proceed to throw stones at me and I’m throwing them back. Unfortunately for you my accuracy is better than yours.

Most of the people who read this thread are sensible and reasonable. They are going to read what you have written and see you have made a complete fool out of yourself. I suggest you quit well your behind and save what little respect Chicago area III has for you.

I’m not wasting my breath on you immature post anymore, consider your post ignored.

chill young one, FW is a respected member of the AREA III. I have sailed against him and done RC work with him... good guy. Don't think he was poking fun at all just asking a question I think a lot of us were curious about. Ocean is a rather large vessel for a charter company.

yeeeesh.

From what little I know, It will be entered in the Mac, and do other port to ports, some Pinnacle charity races, but I don't think it will do much other stuff. I could be wrong about some of this. The crew of the Pinnacle Mac entry of years past, supplemented with other experienced Pinnacle members, combined with some others previously unassociated with Pinnacle, will learn the boat, and enjoy it in the process. The future crew of Ocean, know what they are, and know what they aren't. This isn't a balls-out-big-boat racing program, that some may wish it could be. Yeah, there are risks in life, and from what I can tell, its well understood, and they intend to be prepared to learn to deal with the consequences of such a boat. Unconventional? Perhaps, but they will be out there, on a sick boat for the lake, doing it together. Throw as many stones as you'd like, and laugh at their mistakes, But they're in it for the fun, and I hope everyone interested will get a chance to see the smiles on their faces, as they do it their way, for fun.

DANGER Will Robinson,

There are few if any big boat sailors not attached to current boats to sail this beast (I mean boats over 50 feet). And all of those don't pay to sail on these boats. The loads are very high (15,000lbs +) and simple things like the port jib winches run backwards (for sheet leads) will screw up pro sailers at times. Steering this boat is no dream as the main steers it not the wheel. You need lots of grinders and with 5000sq.ft. chutes, good luck with takedowns. In under 6kts it should be fun for them and over 18 just plain scary.

Correct. All these points have been repeatedly expressed, and the pro sailors that have had input, have also expressed similar sentiments to those expressed on this thread. But hey, The new owner will be at Strictly Sail, and I have little, if anything, to do with the program. So rather than direct this towards me, why don't you tell him yourself (this applies to any and all, in A3, who seem interested, concerned, or butt hurt, or just want to display their expansive knowledge of big boats).

Hey whatever you do DO NOT go to Winter Anarchy - absolutely no fun will be had by anybody ...

Especially Wally - You most of all will not have any fun ... ;)

Hey whatever you do DO NOT go to Winter Anarchy - absolutely no fun will be had by anybody ...

I WAS going to wear my TP52 speedo, you know, the one that stretches in the front to accomodate the bow sprit, but I may not now....

See all you bitches' on Friday- good job putting this together Vegas.

ID

yikes, sounds like some of the kids on the Isle of Misfit Toys feel a little misunderstood. :(

yeeeesh.

DANGER Will Robinson,

Hell, where do I put my name in the crew list for this beast? Just keep me at, in front, or above the mast and I'll do fine. BTW, I can't afford the timeshare.

:P

Checked in here for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time. Am I now an outsider Sailor90? I hope not.

Sad to see things haven't changed much. Different names, same poop flying. I'd love to say I miss you all, I'd love to say I miss some of you, hell...I'd love to say I miss ANY of you besides Blubs! TWENTY-FOUR!

As you were...

Checked in here for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time. Am I now an outsider Sailor90? I hope not.

Sad to see things haven't changed much. Different names, same poop flying. I'd love to say I miss you all, I'd love to say I miss some of you, hell...I'd love to say I miss ANY of you besides Blubs! TWENTY-FOUR!

As you were...

I guess it's time to change your location then...shag..

There's some good pics on the Louies site, although yours kinda fucks it up...

miss you?...maybe...

I WAS going to wear my TP52 speedo, you know, the one that stretches in the front to accomodate the bow sprit, but I may not now....

ID

What's wrong with the banana hammock we got you? Wear that!

As you were...

You are worse than an outsider. You are a Texan.

ID

What's wrong with the banana hammock we got you? Wear that!

Ohhhhh, I forgot to tell you...had a problem with the Dry Cleaners. First they said it would take an extra week, then they said they couldn't find it.

Two days after that the place burned to the ground. I was downwind, and am sure I smelled banana peels. :unsure:

ID

OHH SHIT NOT THE CHEWBACCA DEFENSE!

8' Ewok , lives on planet Endor - You must Acquit

Please save me from a search and once again repeat the secret location. Also review secret handshake so I can get in.

Please save me from a search and once again repeat the secret location. Also review secret handshake so I can get in.

Bottom Lounge 1375 W. lake -9pm - 2am

I had the pleasure of sailing with and against most of the guys on here from 2005-2011 when I was living in Chicago. Most of the boats I sailed on are no longer around and neither are some of the sailors, but I don't think I qualify as an outsider. I check in here because I like the people and the Chicago scene was a lot of fun for the years I was there and the racing was good to me.

Finally, I will be a regular on Flying Tiger 007 (E dock) in 2012... harass away.

I knew it was BS when you said "regular" crew. George does not regularly race.

I am LMAO !

The cockroach who had been deloused from almost every boat the he ever crawled on took FW's hook. line, and sinker.

As you were...

+1

Smells like unwashed mullet and wifebeaters in here all of a sudden. Great way to grow the sport. Very attractive.

Progress not perfection

Hate to break.up the love fest but what are the parking options for SS?

Clicky Navy Pier

Clicky II Scroll down for ideas

There are only two options in Chicago,

expensive or free.

Clicky Navy Pier

Clicky II Scroll down for ideas

There are only two options in Chicago,

expensive or free.

So true, so true.

Where are you coming in from Heriberto?

Thanks for the parking info, I've got other friends coming in from out of town, Milwaukee f'rinstance. I'm set for myself at my hotel, gotta schedule these business trips around something. Speaking of which, anybody know anyone at Great Lakes Dock and Dredge? :)

Thanks Blubberboy.

Anybody got an idea where you can get 2pm breakfast in this town? Went a little too big at Pippin's last night.

Thanks Blubberboy.

Anybody got an idea where you can get 2pm breakfast in this town? Went a little too big at Pippin's last night.

Grubhub.com - Delivered right your door

Sidetrack - 3349 N. Halsted St

The Handshake

I am so very very very glad we do not take group showers after races like they do in other sports !!!!

Sidetrack - 3349 N. Halsted St

The Handshake

I am so very very very glad we do not take group showers after races like they do in other sports !!!!

You don't do that? Ohhh Ummmm ..neither do I ...

+2

As you were...

+1

Does anyone on this board have any idea what is happening with A3 racing this summer?

The silence from the official sources of information is deafening so far.

Seriously.... the only set in stone date is Sept. 14-15 for Farr 40 pre-worlds and the following weekend is the actual Chicago worlds---other than that it seems like no one has discussed anything for 2012 Chicago racing :-(

btw...Grinder- if you need runners or cart builders you have + 2.

Does anyone on this board have any idea what is happening with A3 racing this summer?

The silence from the official sources of information is deafening so far.

Seriously.... the only set in stone date is Sept. 14-15 for Farr 40 pre-worlds and the following weekend is the actual Chicago worlds---other than that it seems like no one has discussed anything for 2012 Chicago racing :-(

btw...Grinder- if you need runners or cart builders you have + 2.

AnchorYanker posted the official AIII schedule back on Jan 20. Check the previous page, #1410. The fleets have the schedule, and if they haven't finalized their program, they will soon. I know the 40.7 schedule was finalized last night.

Anyone go to CYC last nite?

I heard a few people went over but they failed CYC's stability index test and were not allowed to drink (any more).

I heard a few people went over but they failed CYC's stability index test and were not allowed to drink (any more).

Now that is some funny shit ...

Now that is some funny shit ...

I just spit my rum and coke out...clasic!!! Bahaaaa.

My deepest condolensces to Jim, Pat, and Mike Considine....

ID

Oh no - that doesn't sound good........

ID

Add Kate and all the various grandkids.

My condolences as well.

Robin

If the Komen Foundation doesn't reconsider their support for Planned Parenthood, perhaps BPYC should find a different charity to donate the proceeds of the Kaz regatta.

Chiditarod meeting at Mystic Celt at 8pm. Drinks & wings.

I don't have a team for that, thought I did, but I don't.

If the Komen Foundation doesn't reconsider their support for Planned Parenthood, perhaps BPYC should find a different charity to donate the proceeds of the Kaz regatta.

They also pulled all funding for embryonic stem cell research last spring. Might as well give your money directly to Opus Dei and cut out the middleman.

join our team!

Awesome! I'm in!I can't make it to the meeting tonight but just let me know what I need to do.

+1 I can't tell you how nice it was to see this posted here after spending the day trying to keep my mouth shut around the crazy ultra-conservatives I work with. Thanks.

They also pulled all funding for embryonic stem cell research last spring. Might as well give your money directly to Opus Dei and cut out the middleman.

Went to the PHRF meeting at Weathermark. Michigan City rep said that it has been confirmed that dredging will be done this spring to minimum depth of 13ft. Good for Tri-State. Can't wait to get drunk and party on the MC concrete dock

ID

Add Kate and all the various grandkids.

My condolences as well.

Robin

I add my condolences as well, truly the consummate sailing family in Chicago for many years.

Went to the PHRF meeting at Weathermark. Michigan City rep said that it has been confirmed that dredging will be done this spring to minimum depth of 13ft. Good for Tri-State. Can't wait to get drunk and party on the MC concrete dock

Any other conversation of interest?

Robin

Komen Foundation must have read your post. They reveresed their decision based on SA!

Chaos

Komen Foundation must have read your post. They reveresed their decision based on SA!

Chaos

I'm happy that the Susan Koman foundation will continue to promote the health of women.

We are having a fundraising event for our Chiditarod team, Area lll All-Stars on Wednesday, Feb. 8th.

Mid-Winter Beercan

http://niseiloungechicago.com/

3439 N. Sheffield Ave

Chicago, IL 60657

7-10 pm.

Guest/Sailor bartenders & raffles. Info on Chiditarod: http://www.chiditarod.org/

All tips go to Greater Chicago Food Depository - http://www.chicagosfoodbank.org

Nisei was voted best dive bar in Chicago in 2010! (Perfect for us.)

Hope to see you there....

Jim C.

We are having a fundraising event for our Chiditarod team, Area lll All-Stars on Wednesday, Feb. 8th.

Mid-Winter Beercan

http://niseiloungechicago.com/

3439 N. Sheffield Ave

Chicago, IL 60657

7-10 pm.

Guest/Sailor bartenders & raffles. Info on Chiditarod: http://www.chiditarod.org/

All tips go to Greater Chicago Food Depository - http://www.chicagosfoodbank.org

Nisei was voted best dive bar in Chicago in 2010! (Perfect for us.)

Hope to see you there....

Jim C.

Bump

Standing	Yacht Name	        Leg 1	Leg 2	Leg 3	Total
1	Defiance	                2	2	2	6
2	OffCourse  (aka AnchorYanker)	7	3	1	11
3	Skidmarks	                9	1	3	13
4	Assassin	                1	11	5	17
5	TsunamiMike	                5	6	6	17
6	Turningpoint2	                11	8	4	23
7	tonybowker	                3	5	15	23
8	fivedegrees	                8	10	7	25
9	LegacyII	                13	4	10	27
10	USA88	                        4	12	13	29
11	BigCountry	                6	9	14	29
12	prettyhatemachine	        14	7	11	32
13	Irishdriver	                12	13	12	37
14	chicksrace2	                TLE/15	15	8	38
15	Balls2yourPartner(aka Blubberb)	DNC/16	14	9	39
16	GRINDER	                        10	16	16	42
17	Fox53	                        DSQ/17	DSQ/17	DSQ/17	51

Stories

Skidmarks: Fuck, Fuck, Fuck,,,,,Goes to T10 meeting, forgets to double check his heading. Hits the coast half a mile from finish line. Sits there while having dinner with wife, letting Defiance sneak by. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.

Tonybowker: Hits Iran and Yemen twice with both his boats within 48hrs of start

Irishdriver: The definition of mediocrity

Blubber: cheating (within the rules) his way to an 8th place using FIVE boats

GRINDER: Pretty bad

Fox53: After being protested as illegible (we think grade 1 sailor). The PC reopened the hearing at the T10 party and Skidmarks as the Commissioner of the SA-Area III VORG Class Association, booted his sorry ass

Turningpoint2: Fuck off newbie

Standing	Yacht Name	        Leg 1	Leg 2	Leg 3	Total
1	Defiance	                2	2	2	6
2	OffCourse  (aka AnchorYanker)	7	3	1	11
3	Skidmarks	                9	1	3	13
4	Assassin	                1	11	5	17
5	TsunamiMike	                5	6	6	17
6	Turningpoint2	                11	8	4	23
7	tonybowker	                3	5	15	23
8	fivedegrees	                8	10	7	25
9	LegacyII	                13	4	10	27
10	USA88	                        4	12	13	29
11	BigCountry	                6	9	14	29
12	prettyhatemachine	        14	7	11	32
13	Irishdriver	                12	13	12	37
14	chicksrace2	                TLE/15	15	8	38
15	Balls2yourPartner(aka Blubberb)	DNC/16	14	9	39
16	GRINDER	                        10	16	16	42
17	Fox53	                        DSQ/17	DSQ/17	DSQ/17	51

Stories

Skidmarks: Fuck, Fuck, Fuck,,,,,Goes to T10 meeting, forgets to double check his heading. Hits the coast half a mile from finish line. Sits there while having dinner with wife, letting Defiance sneak by. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.

Tonybowker: Hits Iran and Yemen twice with both his boats within 48hrs of start

Irishdriver: The definition of mediocrity

Blubber: cheating (within the rules) his way to an 8th place using FIVE boats

GRINDER: Pretty bad

Fox53: After being protested as illegible (we think grade 1 sailor). The PC reopened the hearing at the T10 party and Skidmarks as the Commissioner of the SA-Area III VORG Class Association, booted his sorry ass

Turningpoint2: Fuck off newbie

One of these days a leg will actually start when I am onshore.

Oh & fuck the Volvo game. It sucks. It's a money grab just like the speeding cameras coming July 1st.

Oh & fuck the Volvo game. It sucks. It's a money grab just like the speeding cameras coming July 1st.

What!

You mean the gang bangers don't drive around in their own cars shooting people?

There is going to be so much outrage against those cameras they will be gone by July 1st 2014.

I think everybody who drives in Chicago should have their credit card on file so the city can gouge people easier.

Come up to Delevan Wisconsin (Delevan Y.C) this weekend for some ice boating. No speed limits or brakes! Oh and you can drive as fast as you want in Southern Wisconsin no speed cameras here.

Come up to Delevan Wisconsin (Delevan Y.C) this weekend for some ice boating. No speed limits or brakes! Oh and you can drive as fast as you want in Southern Wisconsin no speed cameras here.

I remember when the cheesehead troopers made us FIBs pay cash on the spot. One time I used my American Express card, would have made a great commercial.

Let me guess, Linn Township? Look at the bright side it didn't go on your record. :D

Thanks to all of the Chicago sailors that came out to our event on Wednesday. We raised huge funds for our Charity, Greater Chicago Food Depository. We are building Our 4 carts this coming Weeked for the March 3rd race.

JC

Fire away Blub. I'm still at work, and bored. I could use a little bit of your humor.

PAGE 3!!!!

Is Blubberboy OK? Computer broken?

Boat at Burnham this coming season??

Read this:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-g8-nato-boats-harbor-20120217,0,3473423.story

Bummer....

ID

"....."When I looked at a global picture of that, I saw a lot of boats," said Frank Benedetto, head of the U.S. Secret Service in Chicago, who is relatively new in town. "Talking to a lot of people here, a lot of people who have those boats, they don't really care about NATO G-8, they want to go on their boat on a beautiful weekend in May."<br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; ">But coming the 19th of that month, they'll care, too, as Benedetto said pleasure craft will be cleared out of Burnham Harbor for the meetings of world leaders at the nearby McCormick Placeconvention center.<br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; ">The harbor is typically about 50 percent full that time of year, he said, but the boats will be temporarily moored someplace else at no cost to their owners. " - today's Trib

What does "temporarily moored someplace else" mean?? All hooked together and dragged to 31st St Marina? This ought to be a goat rodeo.

I could possibly see them moving all the boats to the north end of the harbor, but I think this plan is ridiculous...maybe many of these assholes will be taking choppers in, and landing in the north parking lot like Oslama does.

And, would you want someone else to just show up and tow your boat somewhere??

Boat at Burnham this coming season??

Read this:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-g8-nato-boats-harbor-20120217,0,3473423.story

Bummer....

ID

Wally: fail for not providing us with a direct link. Pass for getting the info.

"....."When I looked at a global picture of that, I saw a lot of boats," said Frank Benedetto, head of the U.S. Secret Service in Chicago, who is relatively new in town. "Talking to a lot of people here, a lot of people who have those boats, they don't really care about NATO G-8, they want to go on their boat on a beautiful weekend in May."<br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; ">But coming the 19th of that month, they'll care, too, as Benedetto said pleasure craft will be cleared out of Burnham Harbor for the meetings of world leaders at the nearby McCormick Placeconvention center.<br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(41, 39, 39); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: left; ">The harbor is typically about 50 percent full that time of year, he said, but the boats will be temporarily moored someplace else at no cost to their owners. " - today's Trib

What does "temporarily moored someplace else" mean?? All hooked together and dragged to 31st St Marina? This ought to be a goat rodeo.

Is it so hard to proof what you are posting and take out all the "noise" so it is readable?