Grinder

Chicago Area III

Looking for someone to drive a rental car from Chicago to Mac City. Need to have the car there on Tuesday or earlier. All travel (excluding hotel) expenses paid.

Can we go via Toronto? I have some funny biziness up there.

So long as the car is there on Tuesday.

Loaded floor to ceiling with whiskey and cigarettes.

Looking for someone to drive a rental car from Chicago to Mac City. Need to have the car there on Tuesday or earlier. All travel (excluding hotel) expenses paid.

And fake ID's

And fake ID's

And Cuban cigars.

Okay, Ocean will take Line Honors, or hit the bridge.

More importantly, anyone have a spot for a car ride back? I promise to shower and pitch in for gas.

Does someone need to start a' 2012 Chica - Chica Mac Yeah...' page to get the shit talking started, or what.

Overall winner

Line Honors

Weather guestimations

What are the best sunglasses to wear

Who's going to shit in the urinal at the Pony

Who'll appear on 'Cops Mac Island'

Who's going to stop a ceiling fan with their head

Where to buy dry ice and speed

Who did mich chity? How were it?

It was a fun race - was pretty light at the start but filled in from above and was glass flat with a nice breeze a bit higher up the rig. We mixed it up with Ocean after rounding the mark and it was a pretty close one until we put some space on them off Hammond. Definitely happy we did it.

I'm in Madrid, on my way to Chicago for the Chicago Match Cup? What's the weather like this time of the year? Is it similar to the European Mediterranean summer?

Hot. Just had a heat wave of 100F for 3 days. General temps are 80'sF. Navy Pier is succeptable to 60F due to lake winds.

Hope this helps. Jim.

FINAL Volvo Ocean Race Game Results

Standing	Yacht Name	Leg 1	Leg 2	Leg 3	Leg 4	Leg 5	Leg 6	Leg 7	Leg 8	Leg 9	VORG Score
1	Skidmarks	        9	1	4	1	1	4	3	DNC/15	4	14
2	Defiance	        2	2	2	3	3	3	4	3	2	15
3	prettyhatemachine	14	8	12	2	1	2	1	1	11	18
4	RonPaul	                DNC/16	DNC/18	16	4	7	6	2	4	5	28
5	Turningpoint2	        11	7	5	11	5	5	6	9	1	29
6	OffCourse	        7	3	1	9	10	1	8	2	8	30
7	tonybowker	        3	5	15	6	4	10	9	7	9	36
8	Jahazi	                DNC/16	17	3	8	8	7	7	5	DNC/13	43
9	chicksrace2	        TLE/15	15	9	16	12	8	5	6	6	46
10	TsunamiMike	        5	6	7	15	13	12	10	8	7	48
11	fivedegrees	        8	10	8	10	15	9	12	11	3	55
12	USA88	                4	12	14	14	6	15	13	10	10	55
13	Balls2yourPartner	DNC/16	14	10	5	11	13	11	TLE/13	DNC/13	63
14	Assassin	        1	11	6	DNC/19	DNC/18	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	65
15	Irishdriver	        12	13	13	7	14	11	15	12	TLE/12	71
16	BigCountry	        6	9	TLE/18	13	16	TLE/16	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	73
17	LegacyII	        13	4	11	17	17	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	74
18	SoulRebel9	        DNC/16	DNC/18	DNC/19	12	9	14	14	TLE/13	DNC/13	75
19	GRINDER	                10	16	17	18	DNC/18	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	88

Skidmarks wins the VORG by 1 point. other notes from leg 9: Wally had only 200 miles to go when time ran out. 5D wins tiebreaker by virtue of 3rd place in last race. Turningpoint2 wins the leg

FINAL Volvo Ocean Race Game Results

Standing	Yacht Name	Leg 1	Leg 2	Leg 3	Leg 4	Leg 5	Leg 6	Leg 7	Leg 8	Leg 9	VORG Score
1	Skidmarks	        9	1	4	1	1	4	3	DNC/15	4	14
2	Defiance	        2	2	2	3	3	3	4	3	2	15
3	prettyhatemachine	14	8	12	2	1	2	1	1	11	18
4	RonPaul	                DNC/16	DNC/18	16	4	7	6	2	4	5	28
5	Turningpoint2	        11	7	5	11	5	5	6	9	1	29
6	OffCourse	        7	3	1	9	10	1	8	2	8	30
7	tonybowker	        3	5	15	6	4	10	9	7	9	36
8	Jahazi	                DNC/16	17	3	8	8	7	7	5	DNC/13	43
9	chicksrace2	        TLE/15	15	9	16	12	8	5	6	6	46
10	TsunamiMike	        5	6	7	15	13	12	10	8	7	48
11	fivedegrees	        8	10	8	10	15	9	12	11	3	55
12	USA88	                4	12	14	14	6	15	13	10	10	55
13	Balls2yourPartner	DNC/16	14	10	5	11	13	11	TLE/13	DNC/13	63
14	Assassin	        1	11	6	DNC/19	DNC/18	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	65
15	Irishdriver	        12	13	13	7	14	11	15	12	TLE/12	71
16	BigCountry	        6	9	TLE/18	13	16	TLE/16	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	73
17	LegacyII	        13	4	11	17	17	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	74
18	SoulRebel9	        DNC/16	DNC/18	DNC/19	12	9	14	14	TLE/13	DNC/13	75
19	GRINDER	                10	16	17	18	DNC/18	DNC/17	DNC/16	DNC/15	DNC/13	88

Skidmarks wins the VORG by 1 point. other notes from leg 9: Wally had only 200 miles to go when time ran out. 5D wins tiebreaker by virtue of 3rd place in last race. Turningpoint2 wins the leg

Where's my flag?

Thanks for keeping track of things Olof, that made things more interesting...

A friends boat coming in town from Annapolis is looking for one crew for the Mac, since he's not able to race.

PM me if you guys know of a good, available crew.

I know someone with 17 Mac's, good crew, good guy etc. What kind of boat?

e-mail me at sailfast1234@yahoo.com

Job well done on this SC52.

What boat is that? That's wild. And cool.

Tonight is Yacht Club Challenge Regatta race #2 in the series, downtown. There should be a LOT of boats out tonight and at least 12 T-10's on the starting line...

What ever happened to the J125 Jeannine? They still in Chicago?

I would guess that the boat is on it's trailer in Jack's shop.

But that is just a guess.

If it is for sale please PM me.

Thanks.

Now that Matt Forte signed the big contract, what's the over/under on when he gets a major injury?

Go Patriots!

Chaos

Is anyone looking for a hotel roommate on the Island? Staying till Weds.

Dudes, some of you missed out on some excellent World class sailing this past week. I'm not a match racer, and I may never be, but damn it; that event was a blast to watch! RANT - You fuckers need to come out and support sailing, plain and simple. These kinds of events don’t just drop out of the sky. Some of the top sailors in the World were in town last week, where the fuck were you?? I was down at the Alpari WMRT event at Navy Pier every day due to a medical leave of absence from work, lucky me. Some of you were on the Bayview Mac, and some of you were racing the Lutz. But seriously..

I won't get as passionate as Blubs here but I kind of agree. What a pretty cool event to be involved with and was surprised by the lack of familiar faces at the Pier.

Dudes, some of you missed out on some excellent World class sailing this past week. I'm not a match racer, and I may never be, but damn it; that event was a blast to watch! RANT - You fuckers need to come out and support sailing, plain and simple. These kinds of events don't just drop out of the sky. Some of the top sailors in the World were in town last week, where the fuck were you?? I was down at the Alpari WMRT event at Navy Pier every day due to a medical leave of absence from work, lucky me. Some of you were on the Bayview Mac, and some of you were racing the Lutz. But seriously..

I won't get as passionate as Blubs here but I kind of agree. What a pretty cool event to be involved with and was surprised by the lack of familiar faces at the Pier.

Bump.

Having been to these CMRC events before I can say I'm pretty bummed to have missed it. Always world class action. Without Bayview I would have been there for sure.

Starting times changed for chi-mac starts. Looks like everything moved up 40 minutes. Check the cyc race site for details.

Starting times changed for chi-mac starts. Looks like everything moved up 40 minutes. Check the cyc race site for details.

I see no changes. Link?

Are you sure it was not simply your ride that told you a later start time? :ph34r:;)

Looks like a light air affair! Trim down those gear bags & push the ever-loving shit out of your boats, day & night. Ain't no rest for the Wicked. I hope this thread sees some victors, or at least some good stories. I'll catch up with a lot of you in Harbor Springs. Oh yeah, Fuck Bar Harbor.

Looks like a light air affair! Trim down those gear bags & push the ever-loving shit out of your boats, day & night. Ain't no rest for the Wicked. I hope this thread sees some victors, or at least some good stories. I'll catch up with a lot of you in Harbor Springs. Oh yeah, Fuck Bar Harbor.

I predict that there will be a lot of pooping during this Mac.

I predict that there will be a lot of pooping during this Mac.

You just wish for that don't you :wacko: . I'll send you some poo pics to send to the rest of the Skidmarks crew.

Don't fuck in Bar Harbor, someone might tell the bouncer and get you thrown out... ;/

That's assuming they let you in, in the first place.

15-25 out of 35-65

why <_<

On the nose the whole way up - Nothing says fun like 400 miles of hiking :D

15-25 out of 35-65

why <_<

On the nose the whole way up - Nothing says fun like 400 miles of hiking to leward :D

FIFY

Good luck to all who are sailing up to the island this year!

Heard it got a bit dicey delivering from Mac to the Beav yesterday. A couple calls for CG rescue with one boat "Rogue"? taking a rest on Grey's? Any further info?

Its the end of the world as we know it....

Many or you probably heard this:

After the weather report at the skippers meeting, the narator proceeded to thank several people and organizations. His last comment was "I want to thank our partner and FRIEND, Sailing Anarchy!!!!

We have come full circle into the mainstream!!!!

From the Harbor Light: http://www.harborlightnews.com/

SUBMITTED BY IRISH BOAT SHOP

As part of our continuing effort to make the Little Traverse Yacht Club Invitational Regatta an enjoyable experience for all those involved, entrance to the traditional Friday night regatta party will require an invitation. Invitations will be available to regatta participants and to the many Little Traverse Yacht Club volunteers who make the event possible. "Over the years, the focus of the event has shifted from a welcoming celebration for the regatta participants to more of a community party" Michael Esposito, President of Irish Boat Shop commented. "We are simply returning the event to its original intent – to welcome the boats, skippers and crews of the Little Traverse Yacht Club Invitational Regatta."

Harbor springs was awesome. Great weather, with some postponement time.

My younger son was over there. He said that after Saturday's postponement the weather turned into a chamber of Commerce type day for Harbor Springs. Of course wining your class never hurts either.

i thought the placement of juniors on the boats was a great idea. hopefully encouraging a whole new generation of sailors. i know the kid on Imedi came back smiling ear-to-ear.

apologies to our junior's parents for introducing to their son 1000+ ways to use the word "fuck."

I told the kid, chicks dig guys on big fast sexy boats. Nothing turns a chick off more than learning a dude sails a dingy. Only sail on huge fast boats with grinding pedestals. You will get lucky often.

He shall heed my advice.

He will be king.

i thought the placement of juniors on the boats was a great idea. hopefully encouraging a whole new generation of sailors. i know the kid on Imedi came back smiling ear-to-ear.

apologies to our junior's parents for introducing to their son 1000+ ways to use the word "fuck."

Kid might have taught you a few new uses for the word.

Back in the day after our kids got too good to race with mom and dad and they went off to play on bigger and better programs, our boat turned into the juniors boat on Wed night in the JAM fleet. Lots of fun. Ready to tack? Count heads. Tack. Count heads. Everyone still on board, off we go. Beer bill went way down. Soda and pretzel bill damn near bankrupted me. That crowd is now all all adults and many are still sailing.

any racing going on this weekend?

I have a feeling I am going to be a little bored.

Fran Burne - two days of races sponsored by Col YC and there is a MORF performance series race on Sunday at SA7. If you need a ride, PM me, I think we may have room for one more.

any racing going on this weekend?

I have a feeling I am going to be a little bored.

Verve news.. Spill it bitches.

I'm out for this one too.

"Interesting" forecast:

.thursday...northeast winds 10 to 20 kt increasing to 15 to 25 kt

in the afternoon. chance of waterspouts. chance of showers and

thunderstorms. waves building to 3 to 6 ft in the afternoon.

.thursday night...northeast winds 15 to 25 kt increasing to 30 kt

late. chance of waterspouts. chance of showers and thunderstorms.

waves building to 5 to 8 ft.

.friday...northeast winds to 30 kt. waves 5 to 8 ft.

.saturday...north winds 10 to 15 kt. waves subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.

Good friend & racer Rick Doehler looking for a Verve Cup ride

With the weather forecast, there'll likely be lot's of folks looking for weight on the rail for Friday.

.friday...northeast winds to 30 kt. waves 5 to 8 ft.

Sounds exhilarating!!

FRIDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS TO 30 KT. CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS IN THE

MORNING. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN

THE MORNING...THEN CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 8 TO

12 FT.

Hopefully the breeze and swell back off a bit and can get some decent racing in this weekend. Be safe all.

:ph34r:

FRIDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS TO 30 KT. CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS IN THE

MORNING. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN

THE MORNING...THEN CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 8 TO

12 FT.

Hopefully the breeze and swell back off a bit and can get some decent racing in this weekend. Be safe all.

:ph34r:

Sounds like perfect Tiger weather - NOT

\

Predictions for tomorrow - Day one of the Verve.

Too much for racing? Discuss...

post-10660-034404700 1344521660_thumb.png

Since we're already off from work: Plan B

Cubs start at 1:20pm

:)

I will be at Skippers' meeting tonight at CYC; I imagine it will be a little more interesting than it usually is...

Forecast looks terrible (sailflow.com is even gnarlier looking) but actual conditions are not that bad (yet), so I suspect they will wait as long as they can to make a decision.

post-21216-068936900 1344522139_thumb.png

NOAA says:

..friday...north winds to 30 kt increasing to gales to 35 kt.

waterspouts likely in the morning. chance of showers and slight

chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of

showers in the afternoon. waves building to 10 to 14 ft.

.friday night...north gales to 35 kt diminishing to 15 to 25

kt...then becoming northwest 10 to 20 kt after midnight. slight

chance of showers in the evening. waves subsiding to 8 to 12 ft.

...'Subsiding'waves 8 to 12 ft. Giddy up.

NOAA says:

..friday...north winds to 30 kt increasing to gales to 35 kt.

waterspouts likely in the morning. chance of showers and slight

chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of

showers in the afternoon. waves building to 10 to 14 ft.

.friday night...north gales to 35 kt diminishing to 15 to 25

kt...then becoming northwest 10 to 20 kt after midnight. slight

chance of showers in the evening. waves subsiding to 8 to 12 ft.

...'Subsiding'waves 8 to 12 ft. Giddy up.

For those of us stuck in an office--pics tomorrow please!

Gotta love the weather services "Occasional waves ... 21 ft"Surfs up!! If the forecast holds there's going to be a lot of drinking tomorrow...URGENT - MARINE WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL933 AM CDT THU AUG 9 2012LMZ740>742-092245-/O.CON.KLOT.SC.Y.0077.120809T2100Z-120810T1500Z//O.CON.KLOT.GL.A.0018.120810T1500Z-120811T0200Z/WINTHROP HARBOR TO WILMETTE HARBOR-WILMETTE HARBOR TO NORTHERLY ISLAND-NORTHERLY ISLAND TO CALUMET HARBOR-933 AM CDT THU AUG 9 2012...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THISAFTERNOON TO 10 AM CDT FRIDAY......GALE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGHFRIDAY EVENING...* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 25 KT THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING INCREASING TO GALES TO 35 KT FRIDAY.* SIGNIFICANT WAVES...BUILDING TO 10 TO 14 FT FRIDAY.* OCCASIONAL WAVES...21 FT.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 22 TO 33 KNOTS AND/ORWAVES GREATER THAN 4 FT WILL PRODUCE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS FORSMALL CRAFT. INEXPERIENCED MARINERS...ESPECIALLY THOSE OPERATINGSMALLER VESSELS SHOULD AVOID NAVIGATING IN THESE CONDITIONS.A GALE WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THE RISK OF GALE FORCE WINDS OF 34 TO47 KNOTS HAS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED...BUT THE SPECIFIC TIMINGAND/OR LOCATION IS STILL UNCERTAIN. IT IS INTENDED TO PROVIDEADDITIONAL LEAD TIME FOR MARINERS WHO MAY WISH TO CONSIDERALTERING THEIR PLANS.

Gotta love the weather services "Occasional waves ... 21 ft"Surfs up!! If the forecast holds there's going to be a lot of drinking tomorrow...URGENT - MARINE WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL933 AM CDT THU AUG 9 2012LMZ740>742-092245-/O.CON.KLOT.SC.Y.0077.120809T2100Z-120810T1500Z//O.CON.KLOT.GL.A.0018.120810T1500Z-120811T0200Z/WINTHROP HARBOR TO WILMETTE HARBOR-WILMETTE HARBOR TO NORTHERLY ISLAND-NORTHERLY ISLAND TO CALUMET HARBOR-933 AM CDT THU AUG 9 2012...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THISAFTERNOON TO 10 AM CDT FRIDAY......GALE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGHFRIDAY EVENING...* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 25 KT THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING INCREASING TO GALES TO 35 KT FRIDAY.* SIGNIFICANT WAVES...BUILDING TO 10 TO 14 FT FRIDAY.* OCCASIONAL WAVES...21 FT.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 22 TO 33 KNOTS AND/ORWAVES GREATER THAN 4 FT WILL PRODUCE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS FORSMALL CRAFT. INEXPERIENCED MARINERS...ESPECIALLY THOSE OPERATINGSMALLER VESSELS SHOULD AVOID NAVIGATING IN THESE CONDITIONS.A GALE WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THE RISK OF GALE FORCE WINDS OF 34 TO47 KNOTS HAS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED...BUT THE SPECIFIC TIMINGAND/OR LOCATION IS STILL UNCERTAIN. IT IS INTENDED TO PROVIDEADDITIONAL LEAD TIME FOR MARINERS WHO MAY WISH TO CONSIDERALTERING THEIR PLANS.

Not good for race committee either. The mark boats couldn't make it out on a day like that.

I'll be flummoxed if they don't pull the plug tonight.

There is no way in fuck they are going to send us or them out with that warning.

There is no way in fuck they are going to send us or them out with that warning.

I would be surprised if we are sent out too, no need to see how good the USCG is. If we do go hope the RC packs plenty of Dramamine!

RC Fleet is being held at Belmont tonight as Monroe does not offer the same protection of the fleet.

Well, the forecast has been updated:

3 products issued by NWS for: 9NM SE Evanston IL

Gale Warning

URGENT - MARINE WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL306 PM CDT THU AUG 9 2012LMZ740>742-100415-/O.EXT.KLOT.SC.Y.0077.120809T2100Z-120810T0900Z//O.UPG.KLOT.GL.A.0018.120810T1500Z-120811T0200Z//O.NEW.KLOT.GL.W.0032.120810T0900Z-120811T0200Z/WINTHROP HARBOR TO WILMETTE HARBOR-WILMETTE HARBOR TO NORTHERLY ISLAND-NORTHERLY ISLAND TO CALUMET HARBOR-306 PM CDT THU AUG 9 2012...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM CDT FRIDAY......GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 9 PM CDT FRIDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A GALEWARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 9 PM CDT FRIDAY. THEGALE WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.* WINDS...NORTHEAST TO 30 KT BECOMING NORTH GALES TO 35 KT EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.* SIGNIFICANT WAVES...3 TO 6 FT BUILDING TO 7 TO 10 FT TONIGHT AND TO 10 TO 14 FT FRIDAY.* OCCASIONAL WAVES...21 FT.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A GALE WARNING MEANS WINDS OF 34 TO 47 KNOTS ARE IMMINENT OROCCURRING. OPERATING A VESSEL IN GALE CONDITIONS REQUIRESEXPERIENCE AND PROPERLY EQUIPPED VESSELS. IT IS HIGHLYRECOMMENDED THAT MARINERS WITHOUT THE PROPER EXPERIENCE SEEK SAFEHARBOR PRIOR TO THE ONSET OF GALE CONDITIONS.A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 22 TO 33 KNOTS AND/ORWAVES GREATER THAN 4 FT WILL PRODUCE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS FORSMALL CRAFT. INEXPERIENCED MARINERS...ESPECIALLY THOSE OPERATINGSMALLER VESSELS SHOULD AVOID NAVIGATING IN THESE CONDITIONS.

I would be surprised if we are sent out too, no need to see how good the USCG is. If we do go hope the RC packs plenty of Dramamine!

I would guess we start the day under postponement, and cancel by noonish.

Lot's of snacks, cold beer, and phone batteries needing recharged will be the order of the day.

The key will be to get 4 or 5 races in on Saturday, 'cause Sunday looks like a drifter at this point. Hopefully that will change.

Hello race committees - Saturday is your day to show us how well you can run a 3 day regatta in a day and a half.

I would guess we start the day under postponement, and cancel by noonish.

Lot's of snacks, cold beer, and phone batteries needing recharged will be the order of the day.

The key will be to get 4 or 5 races in on Saturday, 'cause Sunday looks like a drifter at this point. Hopefully that will change.

Hello race committees - Saturday is your day to show us how well you can run a 3 day regatta in a day and a half.

As I recall, this is exactly how it's gone down in the past.

Went to skippers' meeting... Bedford was very confident with the impending forecast, but not so certain on how long the high winds will hang around. Either way, it will be a messy couple of days.

RC says they will be making their decisions tomorrow morning between 6am and 7am and sending text messages and emails to the skippers.

Verve RC made the correct call. I appreciate not having to hang around the harbor all day. Big Thank you to Verve Committee & RC!

In light of all the marine warnings, just imagine the PR nightmare we would have if a mark set boat flipped or a competitor got hurt.

Oh wait a minute....I'm typing this post from my office....this stinks. I'm at work and not on the boat! I take back every nice thing I said about the Verve Cup Committee...they are all evil for forcing me to come to work today :P

Verve RC made the correct call. I appreciate not having to hang around the harbor all day. Big Thank you to Verve Committee & RC!

In light of all the marine warnings, just imagine the PR nightmare we would have if a mark set boat flipped or a competitor got hurt.

Oh wait a minute....I'm typing this post from my office....this stinks. I'm at work and not on the boat! I take back every nice thing I said about the Verve Cup Committee...they are all evil for forcing me to come to work today :P

Just tell the boss you're out sailing, he'll never know ;)

If you work on Michigan Avenue with a clear view of the CYC and your boss knows the owner of the boat you sail on, then he might have a clue.

:o

If you work on Michigan Avenue with a clear view of the CYC and your boss knows the owner of the boat you sail on, then he might have a clue.

the irony is that I'm the boss :D

the irony is that I'm the boss :D

oops!

:huh:

This just in from CYC race committee;

" In an effort to make up for Friday's postponement, we will do six races on Saturday.

No races will be started after 11:45 p.m. Saturday.Box dinners will be avaiable for pick up at the club.

Ya'll have fun!"

" In an effort to make up for Friday's postponement, we will do six races on Saturday.

No races will be started after 11:45 p.m. Saturday.Box dinners will be avaiable for pick up at the club.

Ya'll have fun!"

"No races will be started after 11:45 p.m."

??????

Ya'll have fun!"

??????

You gotta be shitting me. Six Races on Saturday, going way into the evening? On the small boats, without a whole heck of a lot of provisions? Where an 11:00 start gets you back to the dock after 1 am? Good Lord.

A frickin' CYC box lunch ain't going to cut it after a bloody long day at 8 pm on the water.

That's (potentially) brutal.

Ya'll have fun!"

??????

You gotta be shitting me. Six Races on Saturday, going way into the evening? On the small boats, without a whole heck of a lot of provisions? Where an 11:00 start gets you back to the dock after 1 am? Good Lord.

A frickin' CYC box lunch ain't going to cut it after a bloody long day at 8 pm on the water.

Apparently, a lot of people have been drinking on the docks, today.

[edit: he did say, "BOX DINNERS" - c'mon they know you'll need more than a sandwich]

Ya'll have fun!"

??????

Apparently, a lot of people have been drinking on the docks, today.

[edit: he did say, "BOX DINNERS" - c'mon they know you'll need more than a sandwich]

Me thinks, at least I hope, that was a typo. Otherwise many boats are going to need an auxiliary head!.