Grinder

Chicago Area III

I talked to Tony about the whole A-B buying Goose. What he said to me was something like: this is good for Chicago, beer, and Goose. So apparently this is a good thing.

CP I'll talk to Alice to see if we've got any room for you.

Hopefully it's good for Tony too.

Hey guys I have been put in charge of selling Yahoo, a solid T-10

Its a good solid race boat, with a great track record, and a clean survey from last year.

It is currently being stored in the parking lot at Montrose, with spring launch paid for, and the option for the slip at Montrose

Here is an ad with more pics

PM or call me 847 507 1179

And yes I bought an ad, I just got impatient of waiting for it to go up

p.s. I am showing the boat Saturday morning, call me if you want to take a look.

post-7425-008272200 1301628649_thumb.jpg

post-7425-076156000 1301628657_thumb.jpg

Yahoo? We want Google!

Seriously, I hope you find a buyer and she stays in the area. What's racing in Chicago without a bunch of T-10s...

Its a good solid race boat, with a great track record, and a clean survey from last year.

It is currently being stored in the parking lot at Montrose, with spring launch paid for, and the option for the slip at Montrose

p.s. I am showing the boat Saturday morning, call me if you want to take a look.

Answer: Less slow.

Yahoo? We want Google!

Seriously, I hope you find a buyer and she stays in the area. What's racing in Chicago without a bunch of T-10s...

So I see that Bounder (Sydney 36) has sold. Anyone know who bought her and if she is going to be in Chicago (or where she might be going)?

What was the joke? I read on the forum for the YC us sailing conference going on here this weekend that Ted turner was going to be here, and the Ed was asked to speak.

What is the big Cat? any Pictures, eh?

Anyone doing the Safety At Sea Seminar in Deee-troit? If I can get myself signed up, gonna go over with Stbd Trakr. & a newbie anarchist. Oh, Rod, I need a ride, yo!

jim

Anyone doing the Safety At Sea Seminar in Deee-troit? If I can get myself signed up, gonna go over with Stbd Trakr. & a newbie anarchist. Oh, Rod, I need a ride, yo!

jim

I'd be all over that if i wasn't out of town.

think we're talking S&S, although, hate to dissapoint, but appears to be a solidly uneventful return. Correct me if I'm wrong,

jim

"Big Cat" is not as exciting as one might think, as she packed up in her shipping crate.

"Big Cat" mast

post-16269-007367300 1301761761_thumb.jpg

No worries there's plenty of room.

(If I hear either one of you ask "are we there yet?" I'm dropping your ass off and let a trucker take you back home...)

jim

Plenty of room? Grinder and I are gonna have to roshambo for shotgun in that tiny thing.

No worries there's plenty of room.

(If I hear either one of you ask "are we there yet?" I'm dropping your ass off and let a trucker take you back home...)

jim

i'll be in chicago ALL summer.

get ready to pony up, boys!

Hmm...interesting post. You looking for a ride? (on a boat)

So I've been racing dedicated programs in Chicago every summer since '89. 22 years by my count.

I think I'm going to take this year off and see what else this fair city has to offer. The more I think about it the better it looks. Figure I can always party on Wednesday nights and cruise if the weather is nice.

Anyone else done this? What were your results?

Cheers,

Chaos

CYC and COL got together this off season to think of ways to bring out the boats that do not race (maybe the Mac Cruising Div) regularly and this is what we came up with. This will be a low cost, non Area 3 series, no boat Certs are needed. We'll make one up. cost per race $25-$40 just to pay for beer. We have scheduled the races around the 3 big regattas, COLORS, NOOD and Verve to make sure there would be a good party to go to after the race.

Can 4KSB's race in these? Would my J30 fit the vision for this? I'll be honest, I kind of liked the fake MI City race that they ran for a couple few years, where we started and finished off of downtown. That was nice for a small slow boat, getting to see a lot of the fleet as we pin-balled around. Plus it could offer different distance options and maybe even some viable course shortening options if needed. Sorry, I didn't mean to open that back up, just speaking my mind. I'm sure the there-and-back race this year will be wonderful for those that participate.

So is anyone planning on maybe doing these casual short distance races with some old POS like a J30? If it's all cruising boats in their cruising Mac config then it might not be a good fit.

Brendan

PS: Grinder sucks

i'll be in chicago ALL summer.

get ready to pony up, boys!

DAWG: please move this to the 'Area III casual encounters" thread...

hahaha, clearly you're not ready

So I've been racing dedicated programs in Chicago every summer since '89. 22 years by my count.

I think I'm going to take this year off and see what else this fair city has to offer. The more I think about it the better it looks. Figure I can always party on Wednesday nights and cruise if the weather is nice.

Cheers,

Chaos

Doom & unmitigated failure. Are you feeling well?

Chaos, you will slowly develop depression symptoms...,after my back surgery last summer, I couldn't race, and I had some tough times...my doctor put me on a big dose of Vitamin D, as for 30 years I had been in the sun all weekend racing, then poof, inside. I say race/sail until you drop. You'll be alot happier, and so will Sue.

ID

Cheers,

Chaos

Chicago/A3 Heresy Alert!!

I had been doing the every-weekend, every-day-of-the weekend thing on (mostly) one boat/program from the late 70's until the late 90's. Meaning I'd stick w/one boat for a few/several/many years, and do all that A3(+) had to offer.

After a while you do get burned out.

After a while, as a result of some circumstance or happenstance, you find yourself with a free weekend or two, and realize there are other things to do with your free time, and other folks who are worthy of hanging out with (I know - blasphemy!).

So you learn something called "balance".

It will come in handy if/when you have a family (kids) who have interests other than yours, and with whom you'd like to spend some time (while you can).

At the very least, by being a bit more selective of how you spend your weekends, you may find that you enjoy racing more, and are more fired up about it. Curing the burnout. Recharging your batteries. So for the last ~5- years or so, while I still only participate with one program (I'm just that kind of guy), I commit to the events that I really want to do, along with some others that I think are important to do so that there is crew continuity/consistency and opportunities for practice, but still keep some time free for pursuing other things, or spending time with non-sailing family or friends. 25 or 30 years ago I would not have imagined doing such. Now I realize it is important to achive this balance, and it make me a more fierce and fired-up competitor.

What have you got to lose, other than missing a fraction of yet another racing season in Chicago/A3 which, when you look back at it 20 years hence, will disappear into the collective haze of all the other A3 racing seasons since time immemorial?

Cheers,

Chaos

Prepare to sit in a puddle of your own sweat (or just stay inside and play XBOX in an air-conditioned basement).

I'd rather get eaten by the flies.

CYC and COL got together this off season to think of ways to bring out the boats that do not race (maybe the Mac Cruising Div) regularly and this is what we came up with. This will be a low cost, non Area 3 series, no boat Certs are needed. We'll make one up. cost per race $25-$40 just to pay for beer. We have scheduled the races around the 3 big regattas, COLORS, NOOD and Verve to make sure there would be a good party to go to after the race.

Can 4KSB's race in these? Would my J30 fit the vision for this? I'll be honest, I kind of liked the fake MI City race that they ran for a couple few years, where we started and finished off of downtown. That was nice for a small slow boat, getting to see a lot of the fleet as we pin-balled around. Plus it could offer different distance options and maybe even some viable course shortening options if needed. Sorry, I didn't mean to open that back up, just speaking my mind. I'm sure the there-and-back race this year will be wonderful for those that participate.

So is anyone planning on maybe doing these casual short distance races with some old POS like a J30? If it's all cruising boats in their cruising Mac config then it might not be a good fit.

Brendan

I'll take a J/30 against the rest of the fleet... ANY DAY!

In the words of Charlie Sheen... WINNING!

Brendan

I'll take a J/30 against the rest of the fleet... ANY DAY!

In the words of Charlie Sheen... WINNING!

Just wondering if any of the standard PTP section fivers might do some of these. If it's all furlers, whisker poles, and cruising chutes (or even just JAM) it might not be a good fit.

Hey Chaos, I think someone stole your login the other day and posted some obscene ideas, you should change your password (everyone knows it's "boobies").

Hey Chaos, I think someone stole your login the other day and posted some obscene ideas, you should change your password (everyone knows it's "boobies").

I heard that the Avatar had taken Chaos heavily sedated to see a shrink. The combination of his Patriots not making the playoffs and the YouConn girls losing to the Irish pushed him over the edge. Fortunately, the Husky men did prevail.

I heard that the Avatar had taken Chaos heavily sedated to see a shrink. The combination of his Patriots not making the playoffs and the YouConn girls losing to the Irish pushed him over the edge. Fortunately, the Husky men did prevail.

God be praised...

ChiGuy,

Your memory seems to be failing you at your advanced age. "My" Patriots went 14-2, beat your Bearssss like a rented mule, and did in fact make the playoffs. Unfortunately, lost to the J-E-T-S, which is analagous to your team losing to the Green & Gold from Wisconsin.

But thank you for playing.

Chaos

Picture from Condor during the Cabo Race, taken Wed. AM. - Great shot by Matt K.

matt has some great skills, i can't wait to see his other shots and vid from the race

Pic from the start of the storm...about 1pm on Sunday. Headsail look familiar to all you Goblin dudes?

Video soon

post-46112-090462500 1302103238_thumb.jpg

Picture from Condor during the Cabo Race, taken Wed. AM. - Great shot by Matt K.

matt has some great skills, i can't wait to see his other shots and vid from the race

Pic from the start of the storm...about 1pm on Sunday. Headsail look familiar to all you Goblin dudes?

Video soon

That is a huge pole! Glad I don't have to deal with those anymore.

Video soon

The sail doesn't look familiar, but the shitty coil of that line on the bow plus the absence of any hiking kind of rings a bell.

Video soon

We never saw that sail last season.....

Goblin #4 = Condor #5. We had to have it up at some point, no?

The blade! That thing was a hero out in Cabo...should we bring it for Cork week 2012 Murph or wait until you cave in and move to Chi-town permanently?

Don't be suprised if you see about 5 CR 914's (remote control boats) sailing in Belmont Harbor today between 2 - 4pm today (Sunday). The idea is to stand upstairs at belmont and sail the boats from the picture window while having a beer! How's that for Frostbiting :lol:

I'd be happy to share the contols and let some you misfits have some fun too.

...only if I get to climb the mast to fix your fuck-up!

Sean, it's supposed to be honking later today- do you think you can squeeze strbdtaker on yours to keep it flat?!?!?! Hehe

I was outside all day, and loved it. RC safety boat out on the lake in the afternoon, then raced with Willsail4food on a 420 in the harbor in the afternoon. What a riot!

Yea it was a riot!

post-16269-038305500 1302489693_thumb.jpg

We'll need to start up a fund for Sailor90, he lost his rig on Sunday. I know what will cheer him up, and I'm not talking about a Blackhawk's Stanley Cup repeat, how about we help him drown his sorrows at the next 'Fill the Lake' party.

Location - Belmont Harbor, South end @ Sun set.

BYOB

Mount Gay Girls

Goose Island

SA Shwag

Vote on when:

4/16 7:31 pm

4/23 7:29 pm

P.S. I do drive like Steve McQueen.... Dangerously!

Yes! The lake level is low, about a foot. My vote goes for the 16th.

Oh and don't worry about the rig I got a new upper mast section this morning.

Go Blackhawks & Bulls!

I was outside all day, and loved it. RC safety boat out on the lake in the afternoon, then raced with Willsail4food on a 420 in the harbor in the afternoon. What a riot!

It was awesome to be back in a 420 for the first time since HS. We were fast when it was blowing!! Thanks dude, most fun I've had with my clothes on in a long time! Oh, who am I kidding, we had our clothes off...

Pasqunelli Builders is filing for bankruptcy...I hope Bruno keeps his boat...

Bruno left to start his own business a while ago.

Robin

Wasn't planning on attending but now that there is a "Sir Douche-A-Lot" crown to be had, I think I'll have to change plans. That "award" would go nicely on the mantle right next to my plaque for "1987 Douchebag of the Year". (Note: 1987 was a VERY good year! wink-wink-nudge-nudge)

Also, is a cheese grader a cheese snob, much like a wine snob? Or is it a device similar to a cheese grater?

Cheers,

Chaos

I have dinner plans, but I'm going to try to stop by afterwards. I'm not giving you my donkey punching gloves, but I'll come up with something to bring. Are slightly-used, underaged, drunk Asian hookers OK?

Edit: Chaos, I am a certified cheese grader.

I have dinner plans, but I'm going to try to stop by afterwards. I'm not giving you my donkey punching gloves, but I'll come up with something to bring. Are slightly-used, underaged, drunk Asian hookers OK?

Edit: Chaos, I am a certified cheese grader.

FEMALE? I thought I should check that before I gave an answer...

And here's a tip, you should ALWAYS check that first hand before engaging in any activity... nuf said. (and pun intended)

Some may know:

Belmont dock layout is changing slightly. They are adding more slips to the WEST of the existing slips, essentially lengthening all of the docks & adding more slips. Also seem to be eliminating the few remaining star docks on the WEST side of Belmont. I saw them towing them out yesterday. All this really does is move the main fairway of the harbor to the WEST, maybe changing the depth. We'll see.

Also changing Diversey, but who the fuck cares about a powerboat harbor......

Also looks like the 31st Street Harbor is under construction.

Goblin's slip???

That's one great spot for people watchin'

Some may know:

Belmont dock layout is changing slightly. They are adding more slips to the WEST of the existing slips, essentially lengthening all of the docks & adding more slips. Also seem to be eliminating the few remaining star docks on the WEST side of Belmont. I saw them towing them out yesterday. All this really does is move the main fairway of the harbor to the WEST, maybe changing the depth. We'll see.

Also changing Diversey, but who the fuck cares about a powerboat harbor......

Also looks like the 31st Street Harbor is under construction.

4/16 it is.

Attention all, the unoffical SA Area III 'Fill The Lake Party' will be on the south end of Belmont Harbor starting sometime shortly after sundown. BYOB, envite anyone you'd like, Fat dudes, asshole chicks, beer snobs, and pretzel sticks. Check your additude in the harbor, bullshit talks and money walks. Someone will be crowned 'Sir Douche-a-Lot' by evening's end. Oh, there is a FB invite, but I didn't make it fully public, no snobbery intended. I'm not wanting to broadcast this to the masses outside of the sailing community to keep the head count under a 1000. We don't want to attract too much attention, now do we...

Remember, don't bring something to this event you're not willing to walk away from... This includes, but is not limited to; chimps dressed as babies, coolers, chairs, bongos, assorted fine belguim chocolates, printed P&L quarterly reports, muffin pans, table tennis paddles, serving dishes, card tables, 8 track players, slavic mythology board games, cheese graders, porcupine bait traps, copper bed pans, chinese grandfather clocks, hobbit wear, donkey punching gloves, and right hanging feathered hampster pants.

Retardedly der,

Blubbsbee B. Blubbersworth III Triple B

P.S. If the cops show, I don't know any of you fucks....

Any chance this will be postponed till the temperature is above 40 degrees and not raining?

4/16 it is.

Attention all, the unoffical SA Area III 'Fill The Lake Party' will be on the south end of Belmont Harbor starting sometime shortly after sundown. BYOB, envite anyone you'd like, Fat dudes, asshole chicks, beer snobs, and pretzel sticks. Check your additude in the harbor, bullshit talks and money walks. Someone will be crowned 'Sir Douche-a-Lot' by evening's end. Oh, there is a FB invite, but I didn't make it fully public, no snobbery intended. I'm not wanting to broadcast this to the masses outside of the sailing community to keep the head count under a 1000. We don't want to attract too much attention, now do we...

Remember, don't bring something to this event you're not willing to walk away from... This includes, but is not limited to; chimps dressed as babies, coolers, chairs, bongos, assorted fine belguim chocolates, printed P&L quarterly reports, muffin pans, table tennis paddles, serving dishes, card tables, 8 track players, slavic mythology board games, cheese graders, porcupine bait traps, copper bed pans, chinese grandfather clocks, hobbit wear, donkey punching gloves, and right hanging feathered hampster pants.

Retardedly der,

Any chance this will be postponed till the temperature is above 40 degrees and not raining?

man you are one whiney bitch

4/16 it is.

Retardedly der,

It was cold and rainy last time we had a 'Fill The Lake' party, no problem. In fact, I believe the skies will clear for this Saturday's event. take it as a sign...

You can be our cheese grader.

Heck, with enough antifreeze (adult beverage of choice) in your bloodstream (soon to be filling the lake) you won't even feel the cold, rain, sleet and drizzle.....

Tom Skilling on Channel 9 just said "Wear your fucking ski gear if you are going to the Fill the Lake Party tomorrow night" (sic).

See you there...

Chaos

Tom Skilling on Channel 9 just said "Wear your fucking ski gear if you are going to the Fill the Lake Party tomorrow night" (sic).

See you there...

Chaos

Damn I am happy to not spend another winter in Chicago - it is nice to be able to go down to piss of my dock wearing shorts

Pasqunelli Builders is filing for bankruptcy...I hope Bruno keeps his boat...

Bruno left to start his own business a while ago.

Robin

Looks like Bruno is down in Chucktown kicking some ass in a J/80.

CRW Results

Chaos

4/16 it is.

Retardedly der,

Yes. I. Am. <-- Clicky

Nice gathering last nite, eh? Sorry I had to bail quickly, we literally ditched a dinner party to go drink in a parking lot. I was sad to Leave, especially when the clown minivan showed up. Did sailorgay90 show up?

Nice gathering last nite, eh? Sorry I had to bail quickly, we literally ditched a dinner party to go drink in a parking lot. I was sad to Leave, especially when the clown minivan showed up. Did sailorgay90 show up?

A party bus filled with a Bachelorette Party did show!!!!!!! and we still have not found IrishDriver, he left over the hill with one of the ladies....

A party bus filled with a Bachelorette Party did show!!!!!!! and we still have not found IrishDriver, he left over the hill with one of the ladies....

Whoa whoa whoa...don't forget the best part of the Bachelorette party showing up. And it wasn't the bride running back to the bus in tears, but us meeting Kate, the 24 year old sex-ed teacher from Central Illinois who taught us all about "footing" and the spread of herpes.

Whoa whoa whoa...don't forget the best part of the Bachelorette party showing up. And it wasn't the bride running back to the bus in tears, but us meeting Kate, the 24 year old sex-ed teacher from Central Illinois who taught us all about "footing" and the spread of herpes.

It is amazing how the quest for an onion can influence the direction of an otherwise perfect evening.

Bachelorette Party walking up on the 'Fill The Lake Party', one brave SA'er just dropped trou and stood his ground. The ladies walked by and found it quite entertaining. Hats off to the no pants dancer! The ladies approved...

some digests were handed out, good job boys, good job.

Thanks to BB for putting together the night.. The stories, the sex ed class and the hairy ass all made for a great night...... I just hope the local soul that got those digits can track down the picture of the bridal party and the SA'ers