Grinder

Chicago Area III

P.S. do not Google search "Lesbian Toothbrush" at work. Wait until you get home.

:lol:

Beer can racing starts Wednesday. Let's get it on. Get on up to montrose for a big fleet & cheap beer at the club. Don't settle for $5 beers.

is your boat willing to take out newbies or the next generation of sailors for beer can?

I'm looking to create a list of boats willing to take out the high school/college racers (16+) that we host at Columbia and/or the countless newbies that come from our Skipjacks course and Young Professionals Committee.

Doesn't matter which circle your boat races on, these people just want to get out there and race! PM me if your boat is interested!

...that's the one we saw half dead, mostly sunk, stuck underneath the CYC dock masters location at Monroe around the tail end of last year. Engine totally submerged.

Good news is the fish cooler is probably still full.

That's what I love about

the high school/college racers (16+) that we host at Columbia

I keep getting older, they keep staying the same age.

That's what I love about

the high school/college racers (16+) that we host at Columbia

I keep getting older, they keep staying the same age.

Stop drooling you dirty old man.

It's about time the island of misfit toys started having a few more 52's filter in.

Our 100% amateur program will do our damnedest ....

Kick their ass, Seabass.

It's about time the island of misfit toys started having a few more 52's filter in.

yup

Can't wait to see the Heartbreaker program put their TP52 through her paces. You'd imagine it will be crewed with a lot of pro sailors, and it's a new gen hull. I'm wondering how the local GL TP52's will fair against her....

Also, I heard Bora has his ' Out of The Office' sign up these days. Might not be on NJ for the 2014 season? Ciao?? It's a rumor....To me...

AFAIK Bora is overseas for the summer with Luna Rossa

Any details on yesterday's CG search? I heard something about an RC chase boat seeing shoes. I was at home with a fractured fibula. Great way to start the season. On a related note, any bowman out there that need a ride? PM me.

Pretty sad shit.

Nice job by COL for Colors race.

Spring Fever, nice job!

(null)

Ok, who cancelled racing at COL&CYC on Wed? CCYC held a race and it was glorious......

Ok, who cancelled racing at COL&CYC on Wed? CCYC held a race and it was glorious......

I may add to it + 100

Great time out there, lots of lump but wind to get us trough it

Dc

Tough light air day, homie.

What can I say.

We're peddling as fast as we can.

Great weekend of playing on the water, big thanks for the RC for getting us a 4th race on Saturday.

Oh yeah and Sunday would have been a hoot downhill, bummer we could not go out to play.

Yeap. RC done good.

I think the bull riding was a novel approach to get people to the club. Keep thinking outside the box.

Waukegan is next up. It has quietly made a resurgence as a well attended fun race like it was is the early '00's. Circus will be racing both ways. If you are looking for a ride, hit me up, I may know of spots around the fleet.

Fake Michigan City is right after that, which has been a great nite time practice race. Let's fire this racing season up, fuckers!

We all knew it, but Don just came out to the media

I find this so amusing. While the Chicago lakefront is a perfect venue for this type of event the CParkDistrict is horrible in relation to how it handles various watersport activities at their beaches. Hopefully, things will work out because it would be a win win for everyone however I hope to raise awareness to the fact that CPD needs to seriously look at their policies and update their archaic rules regarding reacreational uses for the people outside of boating.

Mainly surfers, kiteboarders and the SUP community.

Just in -

Jack Roeser, who was a member of Columbia Yacht Club and was involved in sailboat racing on Lake Michigan for several years passed away on Friday. He was a past member of the Measurement Rules Committee. Jack Roeser had a series of boats named Jeannine after his wife. The last one was Jeannine III, a J-125. Roeser was a competitive sailor. Of the many trophies his boat The Jeannine had won[8] the most prestigious is the Chicago-Mackinac Cup awarded in 1988 for winning the Chicago Yacht Club's 90th Chicago to Mackinac Boat Race.[9] Roeser lived in Barrington, Illinois, with his wife, Jeannine. In recent years he has been more involved in political activities.

Here is the link to the Obituary for Jack Roeser.

ttp://www.millerfuneralhomedundee.com/obituaries/Jack-Roeser/#!/Obituary.

Sailed against Jack early when I was crew and later with all of my boats. He insisted on many of the Jeannines on building or modifying their rigs. It was never a surprise to see the rigs come down nor was it a surprised to see him win a race. Good times. Another skipper lost from the fleet. Will be missed. 8 bells.

Robin

I remember when we we on the water a "few" years ago looking at his Scampi 30 asking our dad why his looked different from ours.

He always had a quick boat.

Any cars going up to Milwaukee for the Queens Cup on Friday June 27 with room for one more? I know the train is an option but thought it was worth poking around for other options.

Brendan

All the cool kids will be up there this weekend. Waukegan is back.
The only thing that would make it better is if they bring the mechanical bull.

Or, you can stay in town for the Pride Parade Festival.
NTTAWWT

Waukegan? I thought that quit being cool in like, 2008?

anyone going from the city to Waukegan on Sunday morning? this chick needs a ride (earliest train at 1030)

Check on JT. He may be driving up Sunday

Looks like 175 +/- for 2014 Queens Cup to Muskegon this year.

Looking for 200+ to South Haven in 2015. Sailors loved the 2012 finish in SH.

Doing it shorthanded on Striking this year, looking forward to it quite a bit.

To get back from the Ugotta, we are chartering a piper chieftain plane back Chicago Exec from Harbor Springs leaving Sunday night July 27th at 7pm eastern. It seats 7 and we have 4 so three seats are available. If you would like a seat please PM me. It will be $500 each.

Flight back from Mac

We have one seat left. Wheels up at 8AM EDT from Mac Island Airport. Wheels down 9:30 to 10AM CDT at Midway.

The above is weather related. If it is too bad to fly, we take the CYC bus back.

$300.

Ted

Flight back from Mac

We have one seat left. Wheels up at 8AM EDT from Mac Island Airport. Wheels down 9:30 to 10AM CDT at Midway.

The above is weather related. If it is too bad to fly, we take the CYC bus back.

$300.

Ted

Ted,

I have a crew member that will grab that seat if its still available. Just want to confirm that this is for Wednesday Morning.

Ian

fuck you, cruiser....

It's not like they watched movies on the Mac race....
Grinder thinks that cruzer racing is not really racing.....it's not racing unless you have 14 guys sitting on the rail in their slam gear wondering where the fuck they are going...when was the last time he beat 45 boats in his fleet, including a boat 40' longer..

Thinking about it, when did he last beat this particular cruzer in his J 30..

Zulukiller...out..

Hey Jim...you dissed Fred who trimmed us the whole way up the lake...and that's just fuckin wrong...

Oh. And one more thing; cruising, by it's very definition, is not racing.

Whatever dude......trim...

So defensive, like they are trying to make it so... kind of like Lars and his "real girl".

:)

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, welcome one and all to sport of kings, the race of all races, the crème de la crème of yacht racing; the cruising section. This is where we separate the men from the men, literally. Where dreams are made during eight hour off watches in silk pajamas, and milk is spilt out of bowls of fruit loops. No folks, this is not your ordinary test of man verses man, and man verses machine, this is a test of man verses an eight course meal whilst battling the elements of electric winches, dacron sailcloth, ornate teak veneered lazarettes , fluffy deck cushions, and angry nacho stealing seagulls. We may even see a sailing-glove face slapping, and most certainly tears will be shed. You will see overly grown men stuffed into quarters generally thought to be too small to facilitate a toilet and still be able read a newspaper and pinch a loaf with ease. You will witness the ‘set it and forget it’ genoa sail trim technique. You will appreciate the finer art of the ‘Crazy Ivan’ to starboard at the bottom of the hour, and the forever decorative helmsman snake path wake.

This will be the journey of epic propositions. A journey of epic time consumption. A journey that would break the will of a lesser fool. A seemingly expected journey that would drive a hobbit mad. Some will not survive this test. Some may not return. Some will learn from their mistakes and never, ever, return. Some may be blinded by self-importance and an overly inflated opinion of their perceived achievements, and pontificate their self-inflated worth to all those that will listen. While some will succumb to the inevitable reality of the race. Was it really a tragic accident while cleaning his Browning Over/Under? Did he really just fall asleep in a running automobile in the garage with all the windows down?

So there you have it folks, our cruising section all-stars, or as some will call it, the Friday Section 9 Sooners. They’re all winners, juice box drinkers on the podium of self-sacrifice. Their love for the sport of yacht racing cannot be diminished simply because they choose to start a day earlier and bring the comforts of a suburban home into the realm of competitive distance sailing. Some may see them as the paneled station wagons of the race course; I prefer to think of them as thee Equus africanus asinus of our endurance racing. You’re all winners….

I once told Brendan, when he was first doing the cruising Mac, that IF he ever won, and IF he ever bragged about it, I'd punch him in the dick. The threat still exists.

Oh. And one more thing; cruising, by it's very definition, is not racing.

Whatever dude......trim...

Everybody fucking relax

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, welcome one and all to sport of kings, the race of all races, the crème de la crème of yacht racing; the cruising section. This is where we separate the men from the men, literally. Where dreams are made during eight hour off watches in silk pajamas, and milk is spilt out of bowls of fruit loops. No folks, this is not your ordinary test of man verses man, and man verses machine, this is a test of man verses an eight course meal whilst battling the elements of electric winches, dacron sailcloth, ornate teak veneered lazarettes , fluffy deck cushions, and angry nacho stealing seagulls. We may even see a sailing-glove face slapping, and most certainly tears will be shed. You will see overly grown men stuffed into quarters generally thought to be too small to facilitate a toilet and still be able read a newspaper and pinch a loaf with ease. You will witness the ‘set it and forget it’ genoa sail trim technique. You will appreciate the finer art of the ‘Crazy Ivan’ to starboard at the bottom of the hour, and the forever decorative helmsman snake path wake.

This will be the journey of epic propositions. A journey of epic time consumption. A journey that would break the will of a lesser fool. A seemingly expected journey that would drive a hobbit mad. Some will not survive this test. Some may not return. Some will learn from their mistakes and never, ever, return. Some may be blinded by self-importance and an overly inflated opinion of their perceived achievements, and pontificate their self-inflated worth to all those that will listen. While some will succumb to the inevitable reality of the race. Was it really a tragic accident while cleaning his Browning Over/Under? Did he really just fall asleep in a running automobile in the garage with all the windows down?

So there you have it folks, our cruising section all-stars, or as some will call it, the Friday Section 9 Sooners. They’re all winners, juice box drinkers on the podium of self-sacrifice. Their love for the sport of yacht racing cannot be diminished simply because they choose to start a day earlier and bring the comforts of a suburban home into the realm of competitive distance sailing. Some may see them as the paneled station wagons of the race course; I prefer to think of them as thee Equus africanus asinus of our endurance racing. You’re all winners….

A quite lovely turn of phrase from Captain Bastard...

Everybody fucking relax

After the roast lamb and a bottle of Pinot Noir each, it's time to catch a few zeds before getting off watch.....

Racing in the cruising section is like screwing a scooter -

They're fun to ride, you just don't want one of your fat friends to see you sucking on the tail pipe... I fucked that up didn't I...

Wow...Since when did dick punching come into vogue?

I once told Brendan, when he was first doing the cruising Mac, that IF he ever won, and IF he ever bragged about it, I'd punch him in the dick. The threat still exists.

Gotta ask...

If you punch people's dicks when they irritate you...Does that mean you do something good to/for them if you are pleased?

:ph34r:

Had fun doing the Fran Byrne yesterday. Props to COLYC for the tacos and kegs afterward!

Everybody fucking relax

After the roast lamb and a bottle of Pinot Noir each, it's time to catch a few zeds before getting off watch.....

Just for the record that's how we got 2nd overall in the fake Michigan city rac. you guys act like it's supposed to be hard or something

Am I the first dumba$$ to notice something wrong with this picture?

Winch

Wenches...

Depending on how they look, doesn't matter how they turn.

I posted regarding a low priced Star in Centrol Illinois which is missing a mast. Anyone able to point to a used one ... well a used inexpensive one?

I posted regarding a low priced Star in Centrol Illinois which is missing a mast. Anyone able to point to a used one ... well a used inexpensive one?

I have a few friends that race Star's on Lake Springfield, that may be able to help you out there. PM me.

When was the last time we had 3 full days of good racing weather for the Verve? 4 for the T10's. Incredible.