Grinder

Chicago Area III

Anyone need a crew van driven up for Bayview Mac?

I might

Well that would just be convenient :P

I won't know my specific logistics for a while, but there is a 99% chance!

Nice sail to the harbor yesterday. Good to be back out on the lake again.

#OutInAprilHumbleBrag

Sir Coutts in town last night. I forgot to call him 'Sir'. I'm such an ass. Really nice guy, as I thought he'd be.

Meeting your heros, this time, not to f'n bad!

Now, if I run into DC this weekend in SD, that would be hilarious...

Div C: Lindy or DC?

My money is on Lindy only because I like him more.

• Like 1

Sir Coutts in town last night. I forgot to call him 'Sir'. I'm such an ass. Really nice guy, as I thought he'd be.

At $500/plate, I'd expect everyone to call me Princess!

Did you get to kiss his sleeve for the price you paid?

Did you get to kiss his sleeve for the price you paid?

He is your hero?! :lol:

This is sailing we are talking about, it's hardly like meeting Peyton Manning...

• Downvote 1

You know you have arrived when you make the Westrec website...

and wearing Nantucket Red Shorts

On days when the Bears played, getting to Burnham Harbor was all bolluxed up. I've had police chasing me, threatening to throw me in jail for driving around all of the cones to get to the harbor parking lot. I could not see how this "museum" cough cough was going to improve the conditions for sailing. My fingers are crossed Lucas goes elsewhere.

I had my boats in Burnham since the mid 80s through last year. You needed to do a little planning around any Soldier Field event but never had any real issue. It would be a shame if Chicago would lose the kind of investment and tourism that the loss of the Lucas Museum would signify.

Robin

I think it would be swell off the lakefront. I also think the design is rediculous. We don't need a billionaires garage sale on our front lawn.

I can't figure out how a $1B obstacle open 7 days a week, bringing more traffic, would result in better parking, less expensive parking, and easier access to the harbor. Please explain.

I had my boats in Burnham since the mid 80s through last year. You needed to do a little planning around any Soldier Field event but never had any real issue. It would be a shame if Chicago would lose the kind of investment and tourism that the loss of the Lucas Museum would signify.

Robin

Well said Robin. There is more to this world and this city than sailing. Is sailing fun? Of course. Should it be prioritized over every other contradictory activity? Of course not.

Not suggesting you share this view too, but the Lucas Museum verse Burham parking for Area III reminds me of a greater controversy...

Chicago getting the Olympics and moving Col YC boat and pulling out Dusable docks for a season to accommodate water events. While it would undoubtedly have an impact on the boating community, frankly I think it should have been done if we got the games. It's for the great good of the city. (I'm on the Dusable wait-list so I think I can say this with some skin in the game)

....Ok, T-off angry conversation about Olympics economics. Go!

• Downvote 1

Most don't know why Chicago was knocked off in the 1st round by the IOC. Chicago had a great proposal. Only it had nothing to do with Chicago.

6 months before, the USOC announced they were putting together a broadcasting system with plans to produce the Olympic programming done in Chicago.

When Chicago was knocked off 1st, it was to send a very loud message to the USOC that the IOC looks dimly on them potentially trying to cut into their money train and to all other Olympic Committees worldwide that they too won't be awarded the Olympics in their country if they try a similar stunt.

4 months after the Chicago shutdown, the USOC announced they were dismantling their broadcast system.

Google it, you'll find the USOC broadcasting system stories.

Most don't know why Chicago was knocked off in the 1st round by the IOC. Chicago had a great proposal. Only it had nothing to do with Chicago.

6 months before, the USOC announced they were putting together a broadcasting system with plans to produce the Olympic programming done in Chicago.

When Chicago was knocked off 1st, it was to send a very loud message to the USOC that the IOC looks dimly on them potentially trying to cut into their money train and to all other Olympic Committees worldwide that they too won't be awarded the Olympics in their country if they try a similar stunt.

4 months after the Chicago shutdown, the USOC announced they were dismantling their broadcast system.

Interesting. I assumed some politics were at play as usual but I didn't know that. Was this story picked up by the AP?

• Downvote 1

Robin

Well said Robin. There is more to this world and this city than sailing. Is sailing fun? Of course. Should it be prioritized over every other contradictory activity? Of course not.

Not suggesting you share this view too, but the Lucas Museum verse Burham parking for Area III reminds me of a greater controversy...

Chicago getting the Olympics and moving Col YC boat and pulling out Dusable docks for a season to accommodate water events. While it would undoubtedly have an impact on the boating community, frankly I think it should have been done if we got the games. It's for the great good of the city. (I'm on the Dusable wait-list so I think I can say this with some skin in the game)

....Ok, T-off angry conversation about Olympics economics. Go!

The Lucas museum would be a disaster if it ends up on the lakefront. First it will set a precedent for other grabs of lakefront land by whomever the current mayor thinks deserves it. Secondly, it will defiantly disrupt Burnham Harbor with both construction and encroachment on the current boaters' facilities.

Interesting. I assumed some politics were at play as usual but I didn't know that. Was this story picked up by the AP?

Got it through my sources, October 2, 2009 was the date Chicago was out, and Rio was in. I saw it in the Chicago Tribune a little back page story how the USOC abandoned their plans to build the broadcast system about 4 months after the failed bid to host the Olympics. Read between the lines in this story - http://www.teamusa.org/News/2011/February/04/COO-Bellingham-steps-down-at-USOC

In my years in Burnham I lived through all of the reconstructions, renovations, rebuilds and reconfigurations of the roads, lake shore, Meigs, museums and Soldier Field. Never missed a single sailing day or regatta as a result.

In my view it is also not a "land grab". In this case I do believe that it is a Museum that is being located within an area dominated by similar institutions.

As to the Olympics I am not fully qualified to judge the various designated venues in the Chicago bid, but I will wager that there are a lot of Olympic sailors, rowers, kayakers, etc that would love to have their events in the waters of Lake Michigan rather than the waters of Rio.

Robin

It would be a travesty to loose the Lucas museum or move it from its original proposed site in Chicago. Having our large museums concentrated in one location helps all of them, as well museum campus is already optimized for large events, event spaces and museums. The parking lot they want to replace is rarely used, less than 4 times a year at best. As well, moving it McCormick place east requires us to throw away a useful asset that this has value and ability to attract and generate economic benfit to the city.

As for issues accessing burnham. The institutions don't hamper access, (ok Bears do a little) but usually what slows down access is the events hosted on museums campus, the runs, concerts, gatherings etc, that seem to happen every weekend. Adding another museum won't cause an issue, plus there is already engough parking there (except for bears games). But like Robin, never had an issue accessing he harbor. Might take five or ten minutes longer, but the city deals with sailboaters bringing their boats down the river, so consider it a fair trade.

Turning away an organization trying to make an investment in our city like this one is foolish, short sided and obstructionist. They are striking the same deal all our clubs have, all the museums have, which is leasing the land for a non-for-profit use. The benfit the meusum would bring massively out weighs 'keeping the park(ing lot) for public use.'

Don't think the friends of the park would be welcoming to us. If they could, they would kick our yacht clubs off the park land in a heartbeat.

Turning away an organization trying to make an investment in our city like this one is foolish, short sided and obstructionist. They are striking the same deal all our clubs have, all the museums have, which is leasing the land for a non-for-profit use. The benefit the meusum would bring massively out weighs 'keeping the park(ing lot) for public use.'

I wish I could find some detail on the net economic benefit to Chicago. Lots of general stuff.

-I've seen a cost of $1.2B, but I've also seen Lucas would "invest" about $750M.

- I have also read some existing taxes/fees scheduled to expire could be extended - in essence a tax/bond increase?

- I read the museum would create jobs and bring $2B in revenue over 10 years.

But what is the cost to Chicagoans and how are revenues divided? IOW do taxpayers bear the costs while revenue mostly go elsewhere?

A small example, but the 31st St Harbor made no economic sense as far as I can tell - it won't pay back the investment in our lifetimes if ever. Chicagoans paid $102,000 for each slip, how long will it take to recoup that "investment?" At 32% occupancy. What financial promises preceded that project?

It's Friday so I may be already checked out but can someone please explain the Bears Football / Sailing Season parking overlap?!!

Who is still sailing after Tri-State when football starts?! I mean some, but not much formal racing. Sure there is a couple pre-season games but not many go to that. I always give my tickets away...

• Downvote 1

Wasn't 31st street built in early anticipation of Olympics?

I didn't know that, but you're right that's how it was sold. $102,000 per slip so Burnham slip holders would have a place to go during the 2016 Chicago Olympics? Seems like Chicagoans were left holding the bag?

It was also sold to the public in 2009 to satisfy a slip waiting list. Also suspect in hindsight since Chicago harbor occupancy is now about 75%?

If the Lucas Museum is truly a net $ economic benefit to Chicago, you'd think the revenue vs cost info would be easy to find.

The second and larger of the projects, at 31st Street, was a proposed Olympic sailing venue, though bid officials now say Burnham Harbor would be used for sailing.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-05-15/news/0905130452_1_navy-pier-slips-harbor-design

It would be a travesty to loose the Lucas museum or move it from its original proposed site in Chicago. Having our large museums concentrated in one location helps all of them, as well museum campus is already optimized for large events, event spaces and museums. The parking lot they want to replace is rarely used, less than 4 times a year at best. As well, moving it McCormick place east requires us to throw away a useful asset that this has value and ability to attract and generate economic benfit to the city.

As for issues accessing burnham. The institutions don't hamper access, (ok Bears do a little) but usually what slows down access is the events hosted on museums campus, the runs, concerts, gatherings etc, that seem to happen every weekend. Adding another museum won't cause an issue, plus there is already engough parking there (except for bears games). But like Robin, never had an issue accessing he harbor. Might take five or ten minutes longer, but the city deals with sailboaters bringing their boats down the river, so consider it a fair trade.

Turning away an organization trying to make an investment in our city like this one is foolish, short sided and obstructionist. They are striking the same deal all our clubs have, all the museums have, which is leasing the land for a non-for-profit use. The benfit the meusum would bring massively out weighs 'keeping the park(ing lot) for public use.'

Don't think the friends of the park would be welcoming to us. If they could, they would kick our yacht clubs off the park land in a heartbeat.

Sorry but I disagree. Museums enhance the neighborhoods around them. If we want to improve some neighborhoods we should convince Lucas to put his museum there, not some place where the real estate prices are already through the roof. Mrs Lucas (Melody Hosbon) talks about improving areas in Chicago which are underdeveloped. How about putting your husband's museum there?

Also, I suspect that the Lucas Museum will actually be more of a giant souvenir shop for Star Wars nuts and light on the display of art.

31st St Harbor rates are cheap. Do you think it will bring in more boaters now the economy is coming back?

I would guess no, but remains to be seen. $102,000 per slip is a lot of cost headwind to be waiting for a payback.

But my point was, it would a lot easier to have a position on the Lucas museum if the Chicagoans who will have to pay for it were told how long it would take to be revenue positive for taxpayers. For all I know, it might be a quick payback, but we don't know that I can find. It seems 31st Street Harbor was an example of a "bill of goods" so far at least - all the more reason Chicagoans have a right to know before committing $ billions IMHO. The city track record on "investments" is good/bad?

Parking/access and some of the Friends of the Parks issues may be beside the $ point.

I think the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art would be a great addition to the museum campus and completely in line with the Burnham's plan.

Rum Runner, it is not a Star Wars Museum. I wish folks would stop making that claim.

MidPack The initial plan for the parking lot would not cost us anything other than gained parkland, parking spots, new museum, and the removal of that misuse of out lakefront call the South Parking Lot. Lucas was going to cover the expenses.

31st St Harbor rates are cheap. Do you think it will bring in more boaters now the economy is coming back?

Same rates as Burnham, more expensive than Belmont. Also, the out of town tax exemption is apparently expiring. So not nearly cheap enough.

Chicago Park District and Westrec have a master long range plan. 31st was on the plan before the Olympics came up. It takes so long to get design, permits, bonding, construction that once the ball starts rolling, there's no stopping it. As the economy was on a roll back then they went forward to build it. Then they stuck the shovel in the ground and the economy collapsed. But with bondholders you can't unwind the clock, you must proceed with the project.

They also have long range plans to build a harbor south of Rainbow Beach on the South side, and another one on the North Side of Navy Pier intended for transients.

That harbor was built because Westrec could convince the city that it was a good idea. Obviously Westrec makes more money be expanding the number of slips it manages - they don't give a rat's ass about long term financial benefit (or loss) - but that also seems to be in line with every single politician in Chicago so it's a good fit

I'd say it's time to ponder if your current ride is worth the headaches of parking.

I recently decided to change rides to something closer to home with better transport options for me.

I am now happy going to the boat every weekend via Cannondale.

Parking issues are but a memory.

YMMV, eh.

I saw recently that less than 60% of Chicago harbors' moorings are occupied. I guess that means that you can move to another marina if you don't like the parking at 31st St.

I saw recently that less than 60% of Chicago harbors' moorings are occupied. I guess that means that you can move to another marina if you don't like the parking at 31st St.

They could be inflating their % occupancy for any number of reasons, but as reported in another thread recently http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150729/BLOGS02/150729793/harbor-occupancy-finally-up-1-whole-percentage-point

Here's the facts: In May of 2012 and 2013, the occupancy rate was 75.2 percent. In May 2014, it dropped a tad to 74.3 percent.

The latest figures from the district have it at 76 percent, as of the week of July 15 [2015] compared with 75 percent in July 2014.

This report states Chicago Harbors peaked at 96% occupancy in 1999 (long before 31st St was built). Those days are gone forever IMO. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but "they" wasted $102MM of taxpayers money building 31st St Harbor. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-05-16/travel/9905160125_1_two-harbors-slips-jackson-park

Crain's reported last year occupancy in the harbors combined is 76%. Belmont, Diversey, DuSable are sold out. Sorry for the facts, please go back to the regular programming......

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150729/BLOGS02/150729793/harbor-occupancy-finally-up-1-whole-percentage-point

You forgot that the article also says that this is the lowest occupancy rate in 15 years. My unofficial observations say this this number is probably lower from my visits to different harbors.

Crain's reported last year occupancy in the harbors combined is 76%. Belmont, Diversey, DuSable are sold out. Sorry for the facts, please go back to the regular programming......http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150729/BLOGS02/150729793/harbor-occupancy-finally-up-1-whole-percentage-point

You forgot that the article also says that this is the lowest occupancy rate in 15 years. My unofficial observations say this this number is probably lower from my visits to different harbors.

76% is low - but the article headline said occupancy was up 1%...so how would that be "the lowest?"

Its a bit higher- but not great. One of my friends back in Chicago (who is in the know) shared the real numbers.

- Harbor fill rate is ~74%

There are deals to be had at 31st street. When I was back there a month ago- I could not believe how nice that harbor is. Pool and great amenities. I just think 31st suffered from bad timing and the division (North vs. South) in Chicago. If you are open minded you would be surprised. I heard that they relocated the Sea Scouts to that harbor and are looking to build a base there long-term. Probably a good idea as many of the kids on the south side wouldn't get a shot at getting on a boat. The whole Goldman thing is a crap shot- they should stick to adaptive sailing and let the new Don Wilson group run community sailing. I'm sure the park district can do better- why they let Goldman take over the rainbow fleet is beyond many.

Crain's reported last year occupancy in the harbors combined is 76%. Belmont, Diversey, DuSable are sold out. Sorry for the facts, please go back to the regular programming......

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150729/BLOGS02/150729793/harbor-occupancy-finally-up-1-whole-percentage-point

To be fair- So is Indiana- Hammond marina is a ghost town. Winthrop harbor is close to 60%. The only ones that seem to be doing well are Racine and Kenosha. Even Racine has vacancy as one of delivery trips back from the Mac last year- I was able to call day of and had my choice of quite a few spots.

Truth be told- boating and especially sailing have problems. Too white, too old. With all the frac/lease/ bnb/peer2peer stuff- many only see it getting worse. We've seen a dent in the buyer market in California.

There are deals to be had at 31st street.

What are these deals? I do not see a promotion on the harbor website, but maybe I don't know where to look.

To be fair- So is Indiana- Hammond marina is a ghost town.

FWIW, NW Indiana reported May 2012, and presumably up slightly since? http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/northwest-indiana-marinas-gearing-up-for-boating-season/article_1552013c-d6cf-5846-9146-5fcbe3ce80db.html

Though I know some/most/all exaggerate their occupancy rates whenever possible, Chicago included.

The few times I've been to 31 St Harbor it's truly been a "ghost town." $102,000 per slip to build (shaking head...)

• The Hammond Marina, with 916 slips available for rent, expects half of those to be occupied this season.
  • The Portage Public Marina has 194 of its 200 slips occupied with the rest left for transient boaters.
  • The East Chicago Marina is at 70 percent occupancy.
  • Marina Shores at Dune Harbor, Harbormaster Scott Praxl estimated about three-quarters of the marina's slips are rented.
  • The Washington Park Marina in Michigan City is at 90 percent occupancy.

To be fair- So is Indiana- Hammond marina is a ghost town. Winthrop harbor is close to 60%. The only ones that seem to be doing well are Racine and Kenosha. Even Racine has vacancy as one of delivery trips back from the Mac last year- I was able to call day of and had my choice of quite a few spots.

Truth be told- boating and especially sailing have problems. Too white, too old. With all the frac/lease/ bnb/peer2peer stuff- many only see it getting worse. We've seen a dent in the buyer market in California.

"Too white, too old." Love that response, like it is a diversity issue that is hurting sailing. As far as too old all of the millenials can step up and start buying those boats to save sailing from "The Man". That is if they can move out of their parents basement first.

As far as too old all of the millenials can step up and start buying those boats to save sailing from "The Man". That is if they can move out of their parents basement first.

bite me, old man

As far as too old all of the millenials can step up and start buying those boats to save sailing from "The Man". That is if they can move out of their parents basement first.

bite me, old man

#shotsfired

To be fair- So is Indiana- Hammond marina is a ghost town.

FWIW, NW Indiana reported May 2012, and presumably up slightly since? http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/northwest-indiana-marinas-gearing-up-for-boating-season/article_1552013c-d6cf-5846-9146-5fcbe3ce80db.html

Though I know some/most/all exaggerate their occupancy rates whenever possible, Chicago included.

The few times I've been to 31 St Harbor it's truly been a "ghost town." $102,000 per slip to build (shaking head...)

• The Hammond Marina, with 916 slips available for rent, expects half of those to be occupied this season.
  • The Portage Public Marina has 194 of its 200 slips occupied with the rest left for transient boaters.
  • The East Chicago Marina is at 70 percent occupancy.
  • Marina Shores at Dune Harbor, Harbormaster Scott Praxl estimated about three-quarters of the marina's slips are rented.
  • The Washington Park Marina in Michigan City is at 90 percent occupancy.

2012? Why acid wash jeans and mullet tops are still in style. I think the situation has worsened since 2012 no improved.

J111's top the entry numbers in both June regattas.

What kind of class did I sign up for?

J111's top the entry numbers in both June regattas.

What kind of class did I sign up for?

a growing one?

Nothing like to good old days (15 years ago), but with almost 3 weeks to go, there are already more Chicago NOOD entries than last year. Sections will undoubtedly change, but a little encouraging - at least it's not down more this year?

post-301-0-30586400-1464533160_thumb.jpg

Nothing like to good old days (15 years ago), but with almost 3 weeks to go, there are already more Chicago NOOD entries than last year. Sections will undoubtedly change, but a little encouraging - at least it's not down more this year?

Looks like all of the growth is the J111 fleet which is having their NA's that weekend in Chicago. Also a few more J70's. Otherwise the T10 registration is down and other classes are also not growing.

Momentus, No Quarter, Solution, Variance are all new 111 owners to the Southern Lake Michigan Fleet. That makes 12 of the 15 NA Registered SLM Boats with 7 are from Chicago.

Good growth for the Fleet,

160 boats signed up for the one-design regatta in Detroit this weekend. Of course you get a weekend in Detroit for the price of entry there.

At the Bayview One Design the OD aspect is growing and the handicap fleet is fading.

The party is reliably good to great. The cost of food has gone up but Bell's beer and Mt. Gay are cheap.

And with two weeks left to enter, Chicago NOOD entries are up +19, +7 even if you discount J/111 NA's.

post-301-0-76710300-1464899024_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine was just given a Sunfish. It has everything EXCEPT a tiller/rudder combo, and a daggerboard. Any help would be much appreciated! PM me if you have any leads at all. (New ones are expensive as hell!).

ID

Sailflow is predicting a light air COLORS Regatta.

Me no like

There's Sailflow for you.

Love the Mexican fare at COLYC Colors Regatta.

Great fun,...and I guess Sailflow screwed the forecast...by a lot.

Gusts Sunday to 27 kts...

Eight Bells for Captain (Sailor) Al. You were a hell of a stand up guy.

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry, this really has me upset. GO ahead a take me before my time, and all the other assholes out there, but why such a good guy like Al. Not fair, just not fair.

We had the 2004 Newport to Bermuda race bud, and I'll never forget you.

Sorry to hear this Timmy

Al was one of the first guys to welcome us to Chicago racing

Fair Winds..

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry, this really has me upset. GO ahead a take me before my time, and all the other assholes out there, but why such a good guy like Al. Not fair, just not fair.

All of us know what zest for Life Capt'n Al had...we will remember that. Always looked forward to class with him and Capt'n Fred...

Al embodied "Semper Paratus"...

Chicago NOOD $3 drinks for Mt Gay and Sam Adams, sounds like a bargain?

Pre-purchase your tickets before Thursday's registration for $28 to get the reduced price. Your party ticket package include 9 tickets where 1 ticket gets you 1 drink.

America's Cup- I have 2 General Admission tickets for Saturday, and 2 for Sunday. $25 each, PM me if you'r interested.

ID

really too bad that Chicago's moment to shine was on a day with zero wind.

Sat was disappointing, but they did get in one race even if it didn't count. But Fri was awesome, and Sun was great too! Attendance was decent Fri and great Sat & Sun. I'd like to think Chicago did OK all in all...

Hopefully there will be more articles like this http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/international/ct-americas-cup-qualifying-navy-pier-spt-0613-20160612-story.html.

Yes it's partly obligatory spin, but good nonetheless...

The series now shifts to Portsmouth, England, for the next qualifying races. All of the skippers agreed they wouldn't mind coming back to Lake Michigan for more freshwater races.

"We'd be back here in a heartbeat," Team Japan skipper Dean Barker said. "It was unbelievable. The support for what we do, it's been great."

After positive reaction from the public and sailors, World Series event director Tod Reynolds said he will work to make that happen.

"Chicago is where the America's Cup belongs," Reynolds said. "We're ready, and when the America's Cup is ready, we'll work on bringing it back."

That was fun. Now let's never do it again.

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry to hear this. I sailed with him in the 2002 Fort Lauderdale to Key West feeder race. Very positive soul.

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry to hear this. I sailed with him in the 2002 Fort Lauderdale to Key West feeder race. Very positive soul.

Last time time I saw him was at the boat show, and then maybe a week or two later at Columbia. He didn't appear to be in a steep decline then.

Life comes at you...and leaves you...fast.

Fair Winds and Following Seas Captain.

You made a difference to the good in this World.

Anyone else notice that the NOR for the NOOD has the first Gun on Friday at 1055? Does anyone know if this is an error as the last 20 years have had us at 0955? The Rally is 0925 Saturday.

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith

Anyone else notice that the NOR for the NOOD has the first Gun on Friday at 1055? Does anyone know if this is an error as the last 20 years have had us at 0955? The Rally is 0925 Saturday.

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith

I noticed. Wondered why the big discrepancy, but it makes getting it together in the AM easy...

The SIs for the rally say 10:55. Much different than the NORs and past years

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith

I noticed. Wondered why the big discrepancy, but it makes getting it together in the AM easy...

Eight bells for Bill Smith. Wooton was fast as fuck on Thursday and Friday.

Eight bells for Bill Smith. Wooton was fast as fuck on Thursday and Friday.

yup

Condolences to the WOOTON family and crew. Really stepped up our game sailing against them. He ran an impressive program. WOOTON will be missed.

Lucas Museum Chicago - DTS.

What do we think about the Lucas museum issue?

Sad day for Chicago

Some of you knew my brother-in-law Marco Lucchinetti (each other's best man). He sailed on Sudpak, Esprit, Esta Es and other boats. He had a massive heart attack last evening and didn't survive it. Eight Bells for a super nice fun guy, who leaves his bride Rasa of 21 years. May the winds be behind you for eternity.

Services are in Morristown, TN on Wednesday. PM me for details.

Some of you knew my brother-in-law Marco Lucchinetti (each other's best man). He sailed on Sudpak, Esprit, Esta Es and other boats. He had a massive heart attack last evening and didn't survive it. Eight Bells for a super nice fun guy, who leaves his bride Rasa of 21 years. May the winds be behind you for eternity.

Very sorry for all Glenn

Just saw another loss - John Nedeau Sr. passed away not long ago. The guy had done 65 Chicago-Mackinac races and more that 50 Bayview races. Truly a legend.

8 bells indeed. I first met him when he sailed on Sudpak.

Robin