• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTihonov

GP26 in Russia

+1 - whose design, where is it being built, what are your plans, etc. etc.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Foam - Airex C70.75 15mm

post-27394-052917600 1299678011_thumb.jpg

Looks great!

Keep up the good work and try to come to Kieler Woche 2012.

Looks great. Just a couple of points: Only 1 set of spreaders is allowed under GP26 class rules, and also the sheer 'must be a fair, concave curve in profile view'...you might want to get a measurement clarification on the last one (i.e. is 'concave' up or down) before you go much further, as your sheer looks convex to me? Keep us updated though with your progress!

The shear line looks pretty straight so it is most likely OK under the rules. As for the class rules some changes have been made in the last month which would allow double spreaders on aluminum spars and carbon to used in the keel fin with some weight adjustment plus other changes. Please go to the ORC.org site to download the GP26 current rule set.

On the build it great to see another boat getting started.

Kevin

The shear line looks pretty straight so it is most likely OK under the rules. As for the class rules some changes have been made in the last month which would allow double spreaders on aluminum spars and carbon to used in the keel fin with some weight adjustment plus other changes. Please go to the ORC.org site to download the GP26 current rule set.

On the build it great to see another boat getting started.

Kevin

Ah that makes more sense...was looking at the old rules on the GP26 class site. Boat is looking good!

Zvezda - the Star. I like that. pretty boat. best of luck - 2 months is pretty aggressive :)

Ochink Harasho (excuse my russian!)! You are making very fast progress. Can you tell us more about the boat, rig type, deck gear, was it VPP tested? Be good to see some videos of it and your last boat sailing sometime! :rolleyes:

Ochink Harasho (excuse my russian!)! You are making very fast progress. Can you tell us more about the boat, rig type, deck gear, was it VPP tested? Be good to see some videos of it and your last boat sailing sometime! :rolleyes:

Since 2003, we have been developing a class 8-meter trailer sportboat. www.open800.ru

It was the handicap class, but last year we decided to move on box rules - GP26.

This new project, in accordance with the GP26 rules.

This year will be built three boats.

Materials - SP Systems

Mast - carbon, "Selden masts"

Deck gear - Harken

Winches - Harken

Halyards - 1 x 20.2PTA

Primary - 2 x 20.2PTA

Rudder - all carbon

Deck is bonded

post-27394-066670700 1303206501_thumb.jpg

Hi MTihonov,

Are you using tooling from your first GP26 or is this build entirely new?

What are you doing differently with your second boat?

The speed at which the boat is going together is impressive, I wish mine was moving along as fast.

Kevin Farrar

Deck is bonded

post-27394-066670700 1303206501_thumb.jpg

Hi MTihonov,

Are you using tooling from your first GP26 or is this build entirely new?

What are you doing differently with your second boat?

The speed at which the boat is going together is impressive, I wish mine was moving along as fast.

Kevin Farrar

Thanks, Kevin!

Is a new project.

For new boat made some changes.

1. More powerful hullform to increase upwind and especially close reaching performance in strong wind.

2. Tuned transom height and form for expected heel angles and boat speed. To minimise wetted surface for light airs, and to maximise effective lenght when sailing at heel and speed.

3. To improve dynamic bow lift LCB a little moving aft, also moving keel and rig aft.

mid section and transom

post-27394-056005900 1303643238_thumb.jpg

Michael

Thanks, Kevin!

Is a new project.

1. More powerful hullform to increase upwind and especially close reaching performance in strong wind.

2. Tuned transom height and form for expected heel angles and boat speed. To minimise wetted surface for light airs, and to maximise effective lenght when sailing at heel and speed.

3. To improve dynamic bow lift LCB a little moving aft, also moving keel and rig aft.

mid section and transom

Michael

Which is the old, which is the new?

I'm guessing the sections with the slight knuckle in the topsides are the new improved hull form?

FB- Doug

Thanks, Kevin!

Is a new project.

mid section and transom

Michael

Which is the old, which is the new?

I'm guessing the sections with the slight knuckle in the topsides are the new improved hull form?

FB- Doug

Yes, you are right.

Another boat of the same project on the cover of ORC Classes 2011

This project looks great. I can't believe how quickly you are working considering it is a custom project.

This last photo really shows the power of your hull form. Looking forward to seeing the boat finished.

How are you doing regarding the weight of this build? any idea how close to class minimum you'll be?

How are you doing regarding the weight of this build? any idea how close to class minimum you'll be?

We expect weight of the boat about 1000 kg (minimum class weight) with 500 kg keel.

Hull weight at this stage - 350 kg

This project makes me wish I was a badly paid boatbuilder again, instead of a badly paid composite engineer in a car factory...

Looks great, fast build!

Fantastic! How many boats have been built to this latest design? Keep the pics coming, and this is the standard for video...

Be good to see your boats in video too! Great work.

Who is the 3rd boat for? Where are all these boat going once you are done with them? Have you thought about making them for other people?

The third boat is for Russia too. Our sportboat class had switched to the GP26 box rules in 2010.As for my last project, the third boat will be used to make the mold and we already have two orders for the season 2012.

That picture of you going upwind - is that the designed heel angle? :unsure:

Do you have some more info on boat, like specs etc.

Is there an orc certificate

LOA - 7.9m

Beam - 2.52m

Displacement in GP26 Class Rules trim - 1010 kg

Keel weight - 500 kg

Materials - SP Systems

Mast - carbon, "Selden masts"

Deck gear - Harken

Winches - Harken

Halyards - 1 x 20.2PTA

Primary - 2 x 20.2PTA

Rudder - all carbon with Jefa bearings

ORC Sertificate with Code 0 RU2271_Azimuth.pdf

How about this...

The FBYD / Van Munster GP26 yesterday in a 40 odd mile race at Hamilton Island race weekd, sailing under IRC in 25 to 30 kts of breeze and "offshore"

yes that is one slick vid munster :P

New design? or to speed up build process....

No, design the same. We manufacturing the mold from 3rd hull.

We try to develop this boats in Russia as one-design. Already 2 orders for 2012.

where is the Caspian boat located?

In Aktau, Kazakhstan

I will be there on Monday and Tuesday next week and travel there a few times a year, maybe ask the owner to pm me some contact details so we can catch up.

Cheers

where is the Caspian boat located?

In Aktau, Kazakhstan

I will be there on Monday and Tuesday next week and travel there a few times a year, maybe ask the owner to pm me some contact details so we can catch up.

Cheers

send PM