Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flumpmaster

Great Texas in 99 days...what is the GT300 anyway?

Have you dreamed of doing the Worrell 1000 - but were born too late?

Fancy an adventure and challenge - but are on a budget and can't afford to put up your team in beach side hotels for a week?

Think you are a hot shit distance racer?

The GT300 is only 99 days away. Covered in detail by Sailing Anarchy last year (JC & Clean) the race returns for the 8th edition.

350 miles, 18-20 foot beach cats.

Info for those dreaming of an adventure but not sure what it takes to do something like this.

post-2940-074821000 1299648032_thumb.jpg

fucking great race. hoping to be able to cover it again, and in more gory detail than ever.

I hope you guys can cover it, I wont be there this year and am hoping to be able to follow along from australia

fucking great race. hoping to be able to cover it again, and in more gory detail than ever.

I hope also that you will cover it, last year was a phenomenal work.

Pat

I may be able to crew if someone is looking/willing to take a chance for a crazed trapezing nut case of a Contender sailor that has no quit in him.

FM

I may be able to crew if someone is looking/willing to take a chance for a crazed trapezing nut case of a Contender sailor that has no quit in him.

FM

I will confirm that if want someone that will never stop.... this is your guy! Yep, not much sense of survival either! That's an option that's not at the top of his list.

It is on like donkey kong. Hopefully there won't be any night finishes this year!

Have to tell you that my JF technical long sleeve has been a favorite companion on four continents since last year's race.Thanks again!

It is on like donkey kong. Hopefully there won't be any night finishes this year!

Have to tell you that my JF technical long sleeve has been a favorite companion on four continents since last year's race.Thanks again!

Your very welcome. I'm glad it is getting some miles on it. Are you gonna come back this year to get another one?

FM

How much do you weigh?

FM

How much do you weigh?

Mike was at opening day regatta this past weekend and I'd bet he is down to 185.

15 boats signed up already for the Great Texas - just over a week since registration opened!

10 F-18s, 1 Nacra 20 - and 4 'other' (got a feeling we will be seeing some of the latest exotic 20 footers).

Chris.

FM

How much do you weigh?

DK was close.. 182, I'm in pretty decent shape. I've dropped about 50 lbs in the last year and a half doing physical work,. industrial maintenance projects.. I might not be able to run three miles without gasping like a goldfish and puking on my shoes. But you'd have no worries about me turning green (seasick) or whining.

FM

FM

How much do you weigh?

DK was close.. 182, I'm in pretty decent shape. I've dropped about 50 lbs in the last year and a half doing physical work,. industrial maintenance projects.. I might not be able to run three miles without gasping like a goldfish and puking on my shoes. But you'd have no worries about me turning green (seasick) or whining.

FM

Well come on out and sail with us. We always have someone looking for crew, especially fit, keen crew! You might want to get on the austincats mailing list. http://austincats.net

Having recently gotten back in the gym I am starting to think about it...

Should be down to about 225 by then and most of it muscle...who's got a big fucker of a boat?

FM

How much do you weigh?

FM

Well come on out and sail with us. We always have someone looking for crew, especially fit, keen crew! You might want to get on the austincats mailing list. http://austincats.net

Well Mojo,

Austin (AYC) is a pretty good haul for me. If your looking for a crew, lets talk. I'll pm you my ph#. Because if I am going to commit to crewing for the GT300 it needs to happen quickly. So I can make arrangements to get off of work and whom ever I crew for I am sure we'd want to meet first and at the very least get some practice time in.

Is it alot like small boat offshore fishing? Which I compare to two guys standing out in the sun for 12 hours on a 4' x 8' piece of plywood floating on the water. If personalities clash then it is not fun for either. Let me know your thoughts either here or in the PM.

FM

I weigh 157#, Great shape, and have done this race 5 times thus far.

I'd like to crew/drive for someone. I have my own gear, etc. Email or Pm me.

Thanks,

Todd Bouton

It's confirmed - there will be at least two Nacra F20 Carbons competing in the Great Texas - from Steve Piche - Worrell veteran and father of the Great Texas:

We have received notice that two F-20C's plan to sail in this year's Great Texas. They will be sailing as Team Zhik 1 and 2.

Team Zhik 1 will be skippered by Mike Kranz and crewed by Dave Lennard. You may remember them from the first Great Texas. Mike is out Georgia.

Team Zhik 2 will be skippered by Pete Schmalzer and crewed by Travis Thompson. Pete and Travis have been sailing together on MHRA racing circuit in Northern California for the past ten years. They recently acquired their F-20C and are looking forward to racing the boat at the Great Texas.

We are hoping that a third F-20C will also enter the race. (We know they are thinking about it. Come on guys, join us!)

Finally, is this the year we see an ARC 22 on the line? (We know one team is quietly getting ready. Would like to see them post their intent too. Maybe we can get some other ARC 22 people to join!)

Will the F-20Cs reign supreme? - or will the tight reaching give the less powered up F-18s an opportunity to hold those spinnakers for long enough to hurt the carbon-banana-board rockets?

Game on!

You think an F18 is going to be able to keep up with a F20c? It'll be an interesting race if some ARC22's and maybe an M20 gets on the line but the F20c is going to walk from the F18's...thats my bet anyway, any point of sail.

You think an F18 is going to be able to keep up with a F20c? It'll be an interesting race if some ARC22's and maybe an M20 gets on the line but the F20c is going to walk from the F18's...thats my bet anyway, any point of sail.

Dude, you clearly have no idea about what you're writing. Ever hear the phrase "Power is nothing without control." ? Day one, maybe. Day two, three and four? The F18 can reach like a motherfucker with a meager 218 sq ft chute vs the 270 sq ft chute of the N20 and now the F20C is coming out the gate with a 300 footer. THEN you have the fucked up Portsmouth rating of the F18 that has CLEARLY evolved a sailplan past that number. Thank God they have classes in that race. Although it has seemed to dilute the competition, it is making it a more fair race. The wider beam will be a huge help when reaching up the coast but the wind can and does really honk in this race. Besides, the boat isn't going to sail itself.

Dude, you clearly have no idea about what you're writing. Ever hear the phrase "Power is nothing without control." ? Day one, maybe. Day two, three and four? The F18 can reach like a motherfucker with a meager 218 sq ft chute vs the 270 sq ft chute of the N20 and now the F20C is coming out the gate with a 300 footer. THEN you have the fucked up Portsmouth rating of the F18 that has CLEARLY evolved a sailplan past that number. Thank God they have classes in that race. Although it has seemed to dilute the competition, it is making it a more fair race. The wider beam will be a huge help when reaching up the coast but the wind can and does really honk in this race. Besides, the boat isn't going to sail itself.

Surely we have to look beyond just sail area. Righting moment vs power of the rig needs to be taken into account. THe F18's are able to point higher with their chutes vs the N20 not only because of the smaller sail plan but because their chute is a lot flatter.

Still, unless there's magic in the bananna boards, I expect you are correct. The F18 will spin reach better than the F20C. The boards might actually hurt it since I'm not sure if they'll negate the slight waterline length advantage of the F20C.

Man, I was trying to change that last post so I didn't sount so harsh on Sam before it posted but I fucked up somewhere. Anyway, I do agree with the wider beam balancing the rig better for reaching and possibly the curved boards may help with allowing some side slip to help depower with the kite. I guess we'll get to see up close and personal.

Also, now it's official; Team Cat Alley is commiting to the GT with thier ARC 22. It's looking to shape up to be a wide boat race this year.

Man, I was trying to change that last post so I didn't sount so harsh on Sam before it posted but I fucked up somewhere

Its ok, Sam's a smart kid but sometimes he needs some of the guys who have been around a while to tell him how things work :)

Reminds me of another know-it-all back in the day. :P

My understanding is that the F20c chute is a lot flatter than the F18s.

Also if you take a look at the portsmouth rating of the F20c it is in my opinion very favourable vs the f18.

Man, I was trying to change that last post so I didn't sount so harsh on Sam before it posted but I fucked up somewhere

Its ok, Sam's a smart kid but sometimes he needs some of the guys who have been around a while to tell him how things work :)

Reminds me of another know-it-all back in the day. :P

Back in the day?

What's changed except you don't sail anymore(or pay your lost bets).

Sam's following right in your footsteps, you should be proud.

Time will tell what is faster spin reaching. Sail cut matters a lot and this is an area where the F18's are well optimized. The F20c should be much better than the N20. I also don't believe most people's hype of the N20 being a shitty spin reacher. I have personally out climbed a well sailed F18 with the N20, with the spinnaker up. Its all about technique. I have also gone faster than some F18's and several N20's carrying spinnakers while reaching with just the main and jib on the N20 in 15-20 kts of breeze and short chop...once again, its about technique and we had more control without the spinnaker than with it, the spinn only gave a 1-2kt boat speed boost but risk of capsize was much higher and the speed could only be maintained in the lulls.

At the end of the day, whichever boat has Mischa or JC etc. on it will be first to finish overall, whether its an F18 or F20c.

Time will tell what is faster spin reaching. Sail cut matters a lot and this is an area where the F18's are well optimized. The F20c should be much better than the N20. I also don't believe most people's hype of the N20 being a shitty spin reacher. I have personally out climbed a well sailed F18 with the N20, with the spinnaker up. Its all about technique. I have also gone faster than some F18's and several N20's carrying spinnakers while reaching with just the main and jib on the N20 in 15-20 kts of breeze and short chop...once again, its about technique and we had more control without the spinnaker than with it, the spinn only gave a 1-2kt boat speed boost but risk of capsize was much higher and the speed could only be maintained in the lulls.

At the end of the day, whichever boat has Mischa or JC etc. on it will be first to finish overall, whether its an F18 or F20c.

It's not that it's a shitty spinn reacher, it just over powers sooner in breez than the F18's. The GT is a breezy, reachy race. The Tybee is better suited for the N20 (most years) than the F18 and vise versa for the GT. That being said, you never know what to expect in the GT till the day of it. In 08 the week's forecast looked nice and easy but ended up a honker with us finishing in 28 knots of wind on day 2, then actually beating our ground crews to the finish on day 3 (average 25 knots of boatspeed on a beam reach). Two batten pockets on my main were worn through from the shroud and both of those battens looked like someone took a grinder to them.

I don't see a portsmouth yardstick rating for the F20c, what is it? Also, the F18's will be racing F18 class, not open class for GT300. We already have nine F18s and I know of at least one more that will be coming.

Is Shannon going to race his MX? I saw on another thread that a P19 was racing and he's mentioned his interest in the past.

Is Shannon going to race his MX? I saw on another thread that a P19 was racing and he's mentioned his interest in the past.

Shannon is on the board. http://gt300.com so I assume that is his intent.

Are you ready to throw your name into the ring Teddy? - you've got a P19MX as well right? Get some practice runs up the coast! Sargent to Surfside is a good starter. Matagorda to Surfside is another good practice run before you go for a 100 mile day (like Matagorda to East Beach

Chris.

This year i will run the dash again unfortunately. I have a rental place thats eating up my time and money this year. Luckily the place will be done i the next 30 days and i can get back to the beach. Next Year is the year for us. We may run it on the P19 or a new ride by then

Actually i have 2 of them. One to sail and the other that's being strengthened for some distance stuff.

I don't see a portsmouth yardstick rating for the F20c, what is it? Also, the F18's will be racing F18 class, not open class for GT300. We already have nine F18s and I know of at least one more that will be coming.

F20C provisional numbers:

D-PN 57.0

BN 0-1 60.0

BN 2-3 58.0

BN 4 56.5

BN 5-9 54.0

We have a live streaming broadcast at 9:00 PM Central Time on "How to win the Great Texas". Winner Mike Rohrer will be joining us. Also, we might have John Tomko on the phone. Also, Mike Beuerlein will also be joining us to give his insights. You can watch the stream at www.justin.tv/greattexas

Oops! This has been postponed until June 8th.

We have a live streaming broadcast at 9:00 PM Central Time on "How to win the Great Texas". Winner Mike Rohrer will be joining us. Also, we might have John Tomko on the phone. Also, Mike Beuerlein will also be joining us to give his insights. You can watch the stream at www.justin.tv/greattexas

The race is on!!

Zhik I leaves Georgia on Sat morning. Teams II and III are leaving California on Sat morning.

Whose going to be first to Padre Island??

The race is on!!

Zhik I leaves Georgia on Sat morning. Teams II and III are leaving California on Sat morning.

Whose going to be first to Padre Island??

Who's going to be first to the carwash to clean off 1600 miles of bugs at South Padre?

Remembering our first trip out from Cali to do the race in 04......Driving down the Texas Tropical Hwy and rolling down the window to feel the humidity and heat (you don't get that in Cali). As soon as the window is fully down, a bug the size of a Condor hits my mirror, splattering bug juice on the side of my shoulder and face....ok, that's enough, roll em up.

Chums will be down there Sunday evening. It's 45 degrees and raining in North Dakota right now and I can't get to South Padre fast enough!

Woo Hoo! Seven until the race begins... Rumor has it that a certain bald fat guy will be joining us and providing OTWA :) Can't wait!

And they're off!!

I'm finally awake after a 1700 mile drive yesterday...enjoy!

2011 GT300-START 11.jpg

2011 GT300-START 12.jpg

2011 GT300-START 13.jpg

2011 GT300-START 14.jpg

2011 GT300-START 15.jpg

2011 GT300-START 16.jpg

2011 GT300-START 17.jpg

2011 GT300-START 18.jpg

2011 GT300-START 19.jpg

2011 GT300-START 110.jpg

2011 GT300-START 111.jpg

2011 GT300-START 112.jpg

2011 GT300-START 113.jpg

2011 GT300-START 114.jpg

2011 GT300-START 115.jpg

2011 GT300-START 116.jpg

2011 GT300-START 117.jpg

2011 GT300-START 118.jpg

2011 GT300-START 119.jpg

2011 GT300-START 120.jpg

2011 GT300-START 121.jpg

2011 GT300-START 122.jpg

2011 GT300-START 123.jpg

2011 GT300-START 124.jpg

2011 GT300-START 125.jpg

2011 GT300-START 126.jpg

2011 GT300-START 127.jpg

2011 GT300-START 128.jpg

2011 GT300-START 129.jpg

2011 GT300-START 130.jpg

2011 GT300-START 131.jpg

2011 GT300-START 132.jpg

2011 GT300-START 133.jpg

2011 GT300-START 134.jpg

2011 GT300-START 135.jpg

2011 GT300-START 136.jpg

2011 GT300-START 137.jpg

2011 GT300-START 138.jpg

2011 GT300-START 139.jpg

2011 GT300-START 140.jpg

2011 GT300-START 141.jpg

2011 GT300-START 142.jpg

2011 GT300-START 143.jpg

2011 GT300-START 144.jpg

2011 GT300-START 145.jpg

2011 GT300-START 146.jpg

From Mike Krantz, Team Zhik:

About 20 miles into leg 1 we made contact with something. With broken foil and hull leaking we turned upwind and headed back to the beach. By flying the hull we managed to make it back to beach access area on Padre Island

Ground crew is on their way to get us

Gt300 is probably over for us but we hope to repair for the Dash...

We're ok It could have been much worse

Team Zhik 1

Mike and Dave

Sent from my iPhone--

photo.JPG

Finishes of Leg 1 - absolutely chock full of some good carnage, and even a super hot past sailor chick of the week!

Part 1:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 1 Finish Part 1 - 2011 Great Texas 300 Coverage&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288165686" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

Part 2:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 1 Finish Part 2 - 2011 Great Texas 300 Coverage&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288165679" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

Part 3:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 1 Finish Part 3 - 2011 Great Texas 300 Coverage&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288165681" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

On our way to Matagorda Beach. Just took a ferry ride. It made me kinda sick. There are lots of doughnut shops in Texas. Why?

Full galleries HERE ORDER PRINTS TODAY!!

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO1.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO2.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO3.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO4.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO5.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO6.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO7.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO8.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO9.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO10.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO11.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO12.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO13.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO14.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO15.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO16.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO17.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO18.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO19.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO20.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO21.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO22.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO23.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO24.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO25.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO26.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO27.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO28.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO29.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO30.jpg

2011 GT300-START 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO31.jpg

The world's largest streaming site - justin.TV - is down so we are on the backup plan. Check it:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="296" id="utv542835"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&brand=embed&cid=4168537&v3=1"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf"/><embed'>http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=false&brand=embed&cid=4168537&v3=1" width="480" height="296" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv542835" name="utv_n_416745" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; width: 400px; background: #ffffff; display: block; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;" target="_blank">Streaming Video by Ustream.TV</a>

I love the Calhoun County Police Department! Thanks for letting me off with just a warning. I'll slow down from now on. Great day, 5 boats starting, 4 boats finishing.

Enjoy my view from the finish of Leg 2...

Get prints NOW by clicking HERE and check out all the photos from the race so far.

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO1.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO2.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO3.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO4.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO5.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO6.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO7.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO8.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO9.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO10.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO11.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO12.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO13.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO14.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO15.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO16.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO17.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO18.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO19.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO20.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO21.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO22.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO23.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO24.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO25.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO26.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO27.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO28.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO29.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO30.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO31.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO32.jpg

2011 GT300-FINISH 2-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTO33.jpg

Great work, baby!

Here is all the action from the start of Leg 2 along with interviews, skippers meeting, and Mer getting pulled over by the cops.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 2 Start (and cops pulling us over), Mustang Island - 2011 Great Texas 300&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288219264" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

And here's every one of the four finishers of Leg 2 hitting the beach, as we saw it live.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 2 Finishes - All of them - 2011 Great Texas 300&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288219283" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

This girl gets my vote for Hottest Ground Crew of the GT-300!

Nice back!

Dude...she is so much hotter in person too. And super, duper nice and sweet, and apparently a hell of a racer, and I was hanging out with her dad all afternoon.

We hear Caitlin has a Nacra F20 Carbon on order, and believe me, she'll be gracing the front page again soon!

20 minutes to the start!

www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy

It was a good, clean start. Great job with the video/coverage!

20 minutes to the start!

www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy

Going online in 20 mintues for leg 3 Finishes...what carnage there was after the start - craziness!

stnd by for interveiws on the beach and videos of damage that we shot with the little cam

Leg 3 Start - Plus Carnage

This is one of my favorite starts ever. Too much fun. Finish vid is processing.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 3 Start and Carnage - 2011 Great Texas Catamaran Race&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288271040" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

This one has all the finishes for today as well as the interviews with the guys who broke on the beach.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Leg 3 Finishes and Broken Boat Interviews - 2011 Great Texas 300&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288272333" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

Having fun at the Casey Beach House. Great day on the beach...nursing my fire ant bites, again.

My skewed view of things....

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS1.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS2.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS3.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS4.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS5.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS6.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS7.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS8.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS9.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS10.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS11.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS12.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS13.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS14.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS15.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS16.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS17.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS18.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS19.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS20.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS21.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS22.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS23.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS24.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS25.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS26.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS27.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS28.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS29.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS30.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS31.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS32.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS33.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS34.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS35.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS36.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS37.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS38.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS39.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS40.jpg

2011 GREAT TEXAS 300-START 3-MATAGORDA BEACH-MEREDITH BLOCK PHOTOS31.jpg

Cocktail Hour from last night - fun talk show!

Part One: <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=The GT-300 Cocktail Hour - Part One from the 2011 Great Texas Catamaran Race&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288318705" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

Part Two:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=The GT-300 Cocktail Hour - Live Talk Show From 2011 Great Texas Race&channel=onthewateranarchy&archive_id=288318678" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/onthewateranarchy#r=-rid-&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from onthewateranarchy on Justin.tv</a>

Finish at Galveston is going on during KAPPA WEEK. Holy shit. Check in or miss one of life's most entertaining things - ten thousand african american frat/sorority crazies!

Going live again right now at justin.tv/onthewateranarchy