kimbottles

Perry Sliver Class Day Sailor

I am gone from the shop for a few days and the crew gets all crazy!! (But they do email me pictures.....)

I guess they will need to cut the companionway soon.

Those coamings look mighty uncomfortable :)

Kind of ugly too.......

Does the destruction of the deck mold mean there will be no more of these?

Hell yes that's what it means! I like unique.

When they built that they broke the mold... has a nice ring to it.

Does the destruction of the deck mold mean there will be no more of these?

Hell yes that's what it means! I like unique.

When they built that they broke the mold... has a nice ring to it.

And there are pics, so we know it happened!

If I win big, I'm converting the farm to the biggest dog rescue playland in the world.

They'll only be adoptable through recommendations from other dogs.

I would like to do some research on lotteries (it might have been done and i too lazy research the research). my hypotheseis would be that most lottery buyers are regular people and that they don't buy tickets to get rich. they buy tickets with the hope of gaining security of the life style they have. most lottery dreams are as black suggested: secure what we have and have the ability to enjoy what they have. sure people will dream of upgrading their homes, boats whatever but most people don't want to win enough to buy a mansion or a superyacht...they really dream of financial security.

The research on lottery winners supports the concept that "you can't buy happiness". Last time I saw something it was that more than 50% would return the money, generally due to destroyed relationships.

I want to be the exception that proves the rule.

kdh,

this is a sailing forum, not a brag about your wealth forum which you constantly try to do. it comes off as quite insecure and not impressive at all. hey guys look at me, im so rich!!!!!!!

Deleted. I try very hard not to do that. I apologize.

kdh:

You don't need to apologize. Not to me anyway.

USA needs to HTFU.

I have a friend who once said to me, " could say I was comfortable. I could say I was well off. But I'm not going to BS you. I'm really rich." I kind of liked that. It was honest.

My comment was probably too personal for a public forum. Sometimes I forget about the size of this group and diversity of ideas here.

Edit: You're being unfair USA, especially with "flaunting." I was talking about my relationship with my mother. I obviously pushed one of your buttons though. I apologize for that.

usa7606 - if you have been following this thread since inception, you will know that it has survived, (& indeded flourished) with many a hijack, some of which Kim has encouraged with much mirth and interest. B)

kdh is a stand up guy and he is a ton of fun to be around, to say the least. It was an absolute pleasure to spend some time with him and others from this group, this past summer.

Sit back, and chill. It's a fantastic thread and a great opportunity for us to witness a grand build of an exquisite boat, and to enjoy the occasional hijack.

USA:

It's a bit ironic to be following a thread about a very special, custom and expensive sailing yacht and not realizing that being "rich" is what makes this thread even possible.

Good luck with your studies. I hope you meet some nice rich people who will build your designs. I sure have.

Kimb,

Now that I can see that beautiful boat coming together I am realizing that you and I both have "center cockpit" boats. The cockpits are so far forward in the boat that in any chubby boat, as opposed to slender svelte boats like ours, there would be an entire condominium aft of the cockpit.

I started thinking about this looking at the pictures of Sliver and trying to understand why S'agapo (and soon the Sliver) are such damp boats to sail upwind for their length. I was thinking: "She's as wet as a center cockpit boat." etc.... then it dawned on me that there is a critical measurement we don't put into the specs for boats when we evaluate their design. I'll call it the DBW measurement - that stands for Distance to Bow Wave. All boats make spray. Water falls at the same rate after it's been splashed up into the air. Therefore, in 25 knots of wind sailing upwind at about 7 knots the bow wave will land about 35 to 40 aft of the bow regardless of what length boat you've got. The DBW dimension will tell you how wet you're going to be... sort of. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Bob and the gang have already thought all about this and have internal guidelines for the DBW on a boat. But, I'm going to join the Admiral on the fan tail next time we're doing a long beat to windward in big seas. Let that damned OttO earn his keep.

BV

Haha. I have relatives that are filthy stinking rich. They're fun to hang with, although their ideas about what 'normal' is are my ideas of what 'holy shit that's awesome!' is.

USA:

It's a bit ironic to be following a thread about a very special, custom and expensive sailing yacht and not realizing that being "rich" is what makes this thread even possible.

Good luck with your studies. I hope you meet some nice rich people who will build your designs. I sure have.

nailed it.

USA:

nailed it.

As a back bencher, I'm happy to add a "Here Here" to that.

kdh, I read your post before you deleted it. My interpretation of your post was nothing like usa760 has implied - nothing at all. I wish you had not deleted it, because the rest of the group here would probably, like me, see that usa7606 is "quite insecure and not impressive at all".

usa7606, HTFU!

USA:

I like your design. Sure I could be critical. I can be critical of anything. It's a hobby of mine.

Good luck with the commercial stuff. I once worked in a commercial NA office. It was boring but the pay was OK.

I'm in on that group hug. No leg humping please.

Beau, Bob, and anyone else who may know:

Wet powerboats get spray rails. They did wonders for my dad's fishing boat when I was a kid.

Why have I not see them applied to sailboats?

Tom:

Drag. I think.

Do you mean spray rails at the chines? I think those are for a problem that doesn't exist on a displacement speed sailboat.

Haha. I have relatives that are filthy stinking rich. They're fun to hang with, although their ideas about what 'normal' is are my ideas of what 'holy shit that's awesome!' is.

Rich is certainly a long way from what I am, being a coal miner's daughter son. Compared to what my father grew up with, working in the coal mines of England starting at age 14, I'm stinking rich too. I'm gradually learning that those who seem to have so much material wealth compared to me are poor in many ways compared to what I have in life. Hell, I'm still on Wife Mk I.

Hell, I'm still on Wife Mk I.

Meeting SWMBO 45 years ago was the best thing to ever happen to me, everything else pales in comparison. (She is MK1 for me too.)

I somehow remember a presentation by a yacht designer about 30 years ago. And if I am remember correctly, the comment was made that the boats that are fine up forward tend to be wet going to weather. And the wettest boats tend to be the fast boats. I try to remember that when solid water comes down the deck and over the cabin and into the cockpit. I doubt that the crew appreciates the water coming over the bow when they are on the rail. But even setting 30 feet from the bow, last weekend I was getting direct hits too!

Here is the translation guide for sailboat advertisements:

Dry = Slow

Stable = Slow

Forgiving = Slow

Seaworthy = Slow

Comfortable = Slow

My crew ( God Bless 'em all ) don't complain about when I stuff the bow into a big ol' Pacific roller (at least they are warm here) because they know I'm going a fast as I can - Not that I don't try to make for smooth landings, but if you're hauling the mail out here there WILL be some Condo-Jumping, and spray over head the length of the boat.

"The only way to stay dry is Slow Down, anybody for THAT ? "

"Fuck No."

When you manage to soak the crew DOWNWIND, then you really have a bit on.

I am work so I did not see this in person.....

It was comforting to see the care the crew seemed to be taking for safety of people and deck.

Monday will be fun. She is looking more like a sailboat and less like a canoe......

post-8115-0-03763500-1354822470_thumb.jpg

post-8115-0-17170800-1354822485_thumb.jpg

post-8115-0-75817700-1354822502_thumb.jpg

post-8115-0-50770900-1354822518_thumb.jpg

post-8115-0-59364800-1354822532_thumb.jpg

I am plenty hardened.

I'm thinking you're not.

I have a feeling that most everyone on this forum could look rich compared to some, and not so much compared to others. I have a feeling few if any ever give a shit about making that comparison. I have a feeling that for most, relative amounts of money is just about the last topic that would come up. Except, it seems, for you...

As has been pointed out, Kim is apparently a rich enough guy to be able to undertake an amazing project like the Sliver. He is also a gracious and generous enough guy to share the experience with the rest of us. I, for one feel pretty damn blessed and enriched for that. Maybe there is more to learn about here than just boat design.

If kdh's circumstances are such that he has a nice boat and his family is comfortable, good for him. He has proved himself a good and generous guy, and I'm happy to hear about what he's got going on. Some people have a lot of money and nice stuff. When they talk among friends about their lives, it shows. So fucking what?

Great Red,

You absolutely right - fast is almost always wet! I haven't bothered to do the math, but I'm guessing that one could actually predict the "spray zone" and the "water zone" and therefore the DBW required for a "dry" ride.

From experience on an old gaff headed NARROW 90' cutter in big bumps in the Med, it was completely dry going upwind in 35k of wind at about 14k of boat speed once one was further than about 50 feet from the bow. The spray simply went into the mainsail and slid off the foot and leach.

BV

Another "Here Here" from the back bench for Oregonarchist and even a "Huzza!"

Beau, Bob, and anyone else who may know:

Wet powerboats get spray rails. They did wonders for my dad's fishing boat when I was a kid.

Why have I not see them applied to sailboats?

The only thing close that I can think of are the rails Bruce Schwab added to Ocean Planet which I think was a Wyllie design. As I recall, his post-design addition of the bow spray rails was an attempt to keep the boat's fine entry from submarining when running off. Don't recall if it was successful.

OA .... have I told you lately how eloquent you are! ;)

In hindsight, usa7606 stirred the pot in here to gather attention, insulted one of ours and then had the nerve to post one of his designs while he had the attention.

Me thinks it's time to move back to Kim's incredible boat.

I don't think the Ocean Planet rails did much, not big enough to give much "lift" to the bow and caused pretty ugly drag at moderate speeds.

What we need are deployable spray shields that extend horizontally from the side of the boat to deflect the bow wave and are only extended on the windward side. After all, those race guys have canting keels, how much harder can it be to build a spray knocker-downer?? ;)

He is richest whose needs are least.

It's not what you make, it's what you spend.

If someone wants to spend ten times more than me on a boat, and we both have the same amount of fun, it's his call.

In my experience rich folks are pretty tight with their money, it's the folks who are into credit who spend.

us7076, you might know this but the Cruising Anarchy 36 might provide an instructive comparison to your design.

ca%2036%20hung%20layout.JPG

ca36creva-7.jpg

I've dealt with wealthy people at work and homeless people as a volunteer and from what I have seen money makes no diffeence to basic personalities. What you were before you had money/were poor you will be after you are poor/have money. I know rich people who would give you the shirt off their back and poor people who are assholes and vice versa. Your financial status has little to do with your basic personality IMO.

Tom:

Drag. I think.

Do you mean spray rails at the chines? I think those are for a problem that doesn't exist on a displacement speed sailboat.

That's where they were on the fishing boat, but I would think they would need to be someplace else on a sailboat. Where would depend on the boat.

I was thinking about this because the other day I was getting soaked sailing my kayak in the creek. I was in the creek to stay dry because the water temp has fallen below 80, meaning it's cold. It was windy, with conflicting wind and tide, so there were waves in a long stretch and I got very wet. I started thinking about spray nets that some have stretched between the vaka and amas. Reports on the Hobie Adventure Island forum are that they work very well. I thought they might catch waves and make the bow submarine even worse than it already does, but reportedly, the opposite happens. They prevent it from going too far down and catch a lot of the spray that otherwise comes toward the cockpit (specifically, my face.) Because they prevent the bow burying too far, they also help with speed. Sounds a bit too good to be true, but there are many credible reports confirming this and none contradicting it.

So then I thought, why not try to deflect some sailboat spray? And not knowing any better, I blurted it out here! ;)

We all have our little problems...

sonjAIdunk.jpg

...attached is a preliminary design i did 2 years ago (first design ive done) of a 35 footer which i'm sure you can be critical of!

Needs davits. ;)

I've dealt with wealthy people at work and homeless people as a volunteer and from what I have seen money makes no diffeence to basic personalities. What you were before you had money/were poor you will be after you are poor/have money. I know rich people who would give you the shirt off their back and poor people who are assholes and vice versa. Your financial status has little to do with your basic personality IMO.

Money doesn't change people, it amplifies them. If a person was happy, loving, generous before, and earns a bucketload, they'll become REALLY happy, very generous if not downright philanthropic.

If a person has a tendency towards drug and alcohol abuse, make 'em rich and they'll likely become a raging addict.

Make an arrogant know-it-all rich, and you've created an insufferable monster.

Sorry I missed KDH's Thurston Howell III moment. :rolleyes: I've had a lot on my mind lately. :unsure:

K, you're good in my book.

Talking about wealth sometimes invokes strong prejudice.

My own thoughts:

Enough money to be comfortable and secure is enough. More money than that brings very little happiness, but deep down we don't believe this unless we've learned it for ourselves, and it's a difficult lesson.

Wealth doesn't always bring being ostentatious, though it's easy to think so.

Some rich people are assholes, some not.

Booms -- maybe not lately, but thanks... ;)

Some rich people assholes are assholes rich people, some not.

kdh -- I'm with Jose and CL on this one -- money's not the issue, asshole is the issue.

Kim, your pictures got me down memory lane with my build. Here's a comparable. I was surprised to see winches and even some varnish at this point!

BV, clearly my girl's "chubby," so the comparison only goes so far.

MVC-016S.jpg

Rich is certainly a long way from what I am, being a coal miner's daughter son. Compared to what my father grew up with, working in the coal mines of England starting at age 14, I'm stinking rich too. I'm gradually learning that those who seem to have so much material wealth compared to me are poor in many ways compared to what I have in life. Hell, I'm still on Wife Mk I.

I think this will provide context-

http://youtu.be/YPSzPGrazPo

Kim - Awesome pics! I'm sure you'll catch your breath the next time you walk in the shop and see the lid on her.

Hope to rally the family for a roadtrip to the PT Wooden Boat show this Fall and maybe see her in the water.

Thanks again for sharing the build process here.

BGD

Kim - Awesome pics! I'm sure you'll catch your breath the next time you walk in the shop and see the lid on her.

Hope to rally the family for a roadtrip to the PT Wooden Boat show this Fall and maybe see her in the water.

BGD

I really hope she is sailing in time for the Perry Rendezvous in August and the PT Wooden Boat Show in Sept. (of course there is that little problem with if the PT people will consider her a wood boat given all of the composite pieces.)

It seems I'm coming to this part of the conversation (the bit about who is rich, etc.) a bit late. Sorry, I was working. :rolleyes: I still want to chime in.

I spent a bit of time in parts of Africa and in India and Nepal in the early 80's. Based on what I saw there I'd have to say, compared to most of the world, pretty much everyone on this list is rich, it's just a matter of how rich. I'm an electrician who happens to be Supervisor of Operation for a Parks & Grounds Department in a smallish community (pop. 100,000). I own my house (a few years left on the mortgage) and own a 40' sailboat. I'm rich. I'm not kdh rich or even kimb rich but I'm as rich as I need to be.

A quote I found after a quick Google search:

Half of world’s richest 1% live in America

NYDailyNews.com

RHEANA MURRAY

Thursday, January 05, 2012

If you think you’re not rich, think again, because you only have to earn $34,000 after taxes to rank among the world’s wealthiest 1%.

A whopping half of that top percentile live in the United States, according to World Bank economist Branko Milanovic.

While a salary in the mid-30s isn’t high by American standards, Milanovic notes that number is per person, and is adjusted to account for cost-of-living differences among countries. So a family of four would have to rake in $136,000, after taxes, to be among the world’s richest.

http://articles.nyda...mps-east-europe

BGD

I really hope she is sailing in time for the Perry Rendezvous in August and the PT Wooden Boat Show in Sept. (of course there is that little problem with if the PT people will consider her a wood boat given all of the composite pieces.)

I'm sure you won't have a problem... e.g. Lady Van and Ace R Boats... wood core, grp sandwich but I guess they do have some shiny wood bits on deck to make them really look like woodies. :P

Spent the day doing more cooking and prepping for Linda.

Did notice the school put up more pics and a short vid of the beginning of the hoisting procedure of the deck.

Will probably just wait till Monday to go up for more photo opportunities.

http://www.facebook.com/NWBoatSchool

Poor little Sydney Herreshoff boat sitting there thinking,

" All the other boats have bootstripes. Why can't I have a bootstripe?"

" I'm not even complaining that I don't have a cove stripe. I like cove stripes. I'd like one. The other boats have them."

"But I'd be happy with a simple bootstripe. That's all I want for Christmas, a little, thin, contrasting bootstripe."

I somehow remember a presentation by a yacht designer about 30 years ago. And if I am remember correctly, the comment was made that the boats that are fine up forward tend to be wet going to weather. And the wettest boats tend to be the fast boats. I try to remember that when solid water comes down the deck and over the cabin and into the cockpit. I doubt that the crew appreciates the water coming over the bow when they are on the rail. But even setting 30 feet from the bow, last weekend I was getting direct hits too!

Well, Amati isn't exactly a porker, and I think we've been wet 3-4 times from moving through the water since 2000 A.D. (Not the helm, and rain doesn't count!) Some guy named Bob told me at the get go that design has something to do with it........

Joe Golberg ( "no D please") called me today. He had just left the SLIVER shop in Hadlock.

Joe knows sailboats like Col. Sanders knows chickens. Joe has done everything you can do in a sailboat, twice.

I have known Joe since I was 15 years old. We are both the same age. Kim knows Joe.

Joe was totally knocked out by the quality of the SLIVER project.

It takes a lot to impress Joe when to comes to boats. Joe was very impressed.

Great white:

I think I know that guy. Tall, thin, really good looking? Lives in Seattle? Marvelous personality? I know that guy. I think he's gone.

I think I'd like to design a church for sailors.

When I look at the images Boomer captured today it makes me think of a cathedral like architectural form echoing yacht shapes.

On the end wall I'd do a big mural painting, "The Last Supper" but they would be eating BBQ and drinking Marguritas.

Boomer:

Those are fantastic photos. Many thanks.

Took these shots when everyone went to lunch....shooting in the quite made it a spiritual experience.

089.jpg

091.jpg

Wouldn't of had room to make the shot I wanted from the bow, so stuck the camera down and hoped it was centered.

095.jpg

Did the same at the stern compartment.

114a.jpg

I was having the same thought as Bob's in more then a few of these shots....

112a.jpg

Wished I would have got this shot more symetrical...oh well, someone was looking over me when I made these shots....I could feel it, yea, right there shoot.

113.jpg

Then I said my thanks crawled out and put on my shoes....the karma in the Sliver and the shop can be overwhelming at times....it's a very good place to be.

Then I went out side and the Bruce called me over where Russell and Fred were finishing a proper sit down lunch.

124.jpg

125.jpg

When I draw the structure I have in mind something that looks pretty or harmonious. I think it was Starling Burgess who once said, "If it looks right it is right."

So I try my best to make all the pieces make a pretty structural picture.

From the look of Boomer's photos I'd have to say that I did a damn good job on this one.

I have impressed myself.

It's just fucking beautiful.

I think I'll go buy me a drink and toast me.

Then I'll feed the dogs.

I really need to give a huge amount of credit to Tim Nolan and Jim Franken who did the engineering of the structure while staying true to the shapes as I saw them. It's a very rare engineer who doesn't try to give the look of the structure his own stamp.

It's a work of art....and their attention to detail exacting...anything that looks off in any of the images, was my fault for not holding the camera absolutely parallel to the subject, and ultra wide angle lenses can be unforgiving when not set up parallel or tilted up or down, if one is trying to achieve a symmetrical shot.

BTW...clicking on the image will enlarge it.

055.jpg

025a.jpg

" I'm not even complaining that I don't have a cove stripe. I like cove stripes. I'd like one. The other boats have them."

"But I'd be happy with a simple bootstripe. That's all I want for Christmas, a little, thin, contrasting bootstripe."

Funny, that's what Surf City says too...

Boomer, have you ever heard of Georges Rousse- interesting photos

post-24720-0-21529900-1354840828_thumb.jpg

Especially when you see how they are made-

Sorry Tucky, just got back from taking the dogs for a walk. No I haven't seen his work, looks interesting, will check him out more thoroughly this evening.

Great white:

I think I know that guy. Tall, thin, really good looking? Lives in Seattle? Marvelous personality? I know that guy. I think he's gone.

Yeah! That's the guy! But I think he is still around and doing quite well too!

I actually looked at her after she was restored, something cool about being the very first large fiberglass vessel ever......she is a really nice vessel, but I like Sliver better.......

I could sit and look at Boomer's photos for hours......in fact that is exactly what I am doing...........

Some yacht designers are true artists..................................................., like for example Bob Perry..........

Damn I love this boat...........

Holy cow USA. HTFU for real. BV earned what he has and he has a fucking right to be proud of it.

I have an idea. Why don't you bugger off if you are so offended here. I'm sick and tired of your whinging.

You should be studying so you can draw ,,,no,,,not going there.

Beau:

When I come to SF I'm going to borrow your Cayanne.

Nothing handles like a loaner.

I am going to dine at your house and I expect fancy food. Like,,,beef stew or, I just saw a program on Finlandish cookiing,,,pork stew. Blood sausage with lingon berries?

Maybe we could drive to Oakland and eat some BBQ like the rich guys.

I once had a Newport Beach client who lent me his Mercedes 6.3 SEL when I was down there. In its day the 6.3 was the fastest stock car IN THE WORLD in the standing .25 mile. And it was a sedan!

Ok, maybe not. But it was faster than the fastest stock Corvette. I vividly remember the article in CAR AND DRIVER. Vividly.

Somebody got their panties in a bunch, and is being a grumpy old bastard.

Lets all jump on USA, bloody hell he said his piece, KDH could of told him to fuck off but didn't. now everybody else is jumping on him. School yard bullies

Hole:

Good morning.

He was getting tiresome. If you don't like it here then go away. Simple as that. I think even you can understand that. You seem to have your panties in a perpetual bunch. Tiresome.

I think I'll go downstarirs. I have some M. Ward on the very expensive turntable with the very, very expensive cartridge and listen to some good old rock and roll on expensive, 180 gram vinyl.

I might even shake my 66 year old booty while I am cooking Chantrelles in a white sauce over whole wheat fettucine.

Ahh,,,I'm feeling rich tonight.

I found 38 videos of Spike on his Facebook page. I didn't know thet were there until Tuesday. I just stumbled on them. There they were, "videos 38".They are an amazing treasure trove of my kid's life. I can hear his voice. I can hear him laugh. I can experience his whacky sense of humor. He does an Elvis impression of a commercial fsherman's song, "We're coming in loaded". It makes me smile. That makes me rich.

Panties in a bunch? Not hardly.

Yes sir ree sir I am feeling rich tonight.

Bob,

FWIW, any time you feel like getting away from all the pressures of life on the beach, feel free to come east for a bit. (on your dime)

A 1968 Pearson 24 is all yours. As is a 1985 Toyota T4WD wagon. If you behave, Scout can visit with you too.

Not trying to be ostentatious.

I could sit and look at Boomer's photos for hours......in fact that is exactly what I am doing...........

Some yacht designers are true artists..................................................., like for example Bob Perry..........

Damn I love this boat...........

She's special....very special

078.jpg

024.jpg

Hey Bob, its Mr A Hole thank you. You just don't get any respect from oldies these days. Oh well,

Hole:

You have contributed nothing here.

All you have to offer is smart ass negative comments regardless of the thread. It's all consistantly negative.

I don't think you even sail. Nothing you post indicates you know sailing..

I think I might add you to my ignore list. You can join DT and Reis. Not yet.

This thread is about an amazing boat that I designed being built by an amazing crew for a very generous and appreciative owner.

If you have anything cogent to say about that I'm willing to listen.

][/b]

Boomer,

nice photos. they really illustrate how the structure works. with the hull broken up into small panels everywhere I can imagine it will be very stiff, no oil canning if you will.

A purposefully engineered hull where most every internal component has a structural task as well as dedicated function.

069.jpg

072.jpg

Bob,

You're dueling with midgets. Seriously, think about coming east. I'm sure we can get KD to join us for dinner.

Now, I wonder what has popped up on the ugly boat thread.....

Bob, you, Kim and the school are being extraordinarily generous letting us vicariously share in the buzz off this project.

I have built a couple of my own boats over the years, and there are lessons for me every post.

The honesty of Kim's brief, your design, and the school's work is such a contrast to the crap most people accept these days.

Thank you.

When I look at the images Boomer captured today it makes me think of a cathedral like architectural form echoing yacht shapes.

On the end wall I'd do a big mural painting, "The Last Supper" but they would be eating BBQ and drinking Marguritas.

Boomer:

Those are fantastic photos. Many thanks.

Looking at Boomer's photos, I'd say you did design a church for sailors. Kim and Co are building it.

Boomer is one hell of a photographer. A bloody portrait artist.

Holy Smokes what a gorgeous monument to sailing. And to boatbuilding.

I'm pretty sure you've impressed more than just yourself, this time. Well, saying that, I reckon I'm pretty sure you've impressed more than just yourself before, too. I guess if you've impressed yourself this time, that's really saying something.

Buy yourself a drink? I just finished a Manhattan I made for myself. I've been working on them. I'm starting to think I can make two things well; pizza *and* Manhattans. Hung's had my pizza, he can vouch for it. My Manhattans are good, too. After looking at Boomer's pictures today, I'd drive up and make you a drink. I hope BoomBs won't be too upset if I do.

I could probably be there by midnight or so. I can't stay though, I have to have my little one to school by 8:15 tomorrow morning, so unless I can get my Mom to take her, I'll have to bust it back after I make your drink. Or maybe, if Booms says it's ok, two drinks.

The Spike vids sound like an amazing find. True riches, indeed.

Olaf:

We are just doing what we think needs to be done. What we think is "fun".

Sailors talking to sailors.

If a couple of wankers have a problem with it, then I am sorry. They can wank off somewhere else.

For Kim. ND, Boomer. BV, kdh and Adele, Mungster, Hungster, Ishy, Boomster, Rasper, Gate ( my dear buddy) and me, Maestro ( I really like that) Sons, Oregon, Austin ( love that steer), Greevs IB, once again IB, Anom ( with Scout and always loved at the shack), Jackdaw, Amatii, and the mighty AJAX, Ajax we are with you every prescious step. All of us learning. I can't remember what I was going to say. But is was important .

Boomer:

<