• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldgoatroper

How to hypnotize a shark

Wonderful!! Great video ogr

ps ..some of those tactics work with some men too. ;)

I think the shark comes out of the trance once they realize they are not getting enough oxygen. They have to be moving to breath I think.

BTW, where is the frikkin lazers?

Judging by the cloud which comes out of the bottom of the shark at 3:05 I have to wonder if this guys rubbing is literally rubbing one out for the sharks.

I doubt she'd like being called a man.

Judging by the cloud which comes out of the bottom of the shark at 3:05 I have to wonder if this guys rubbing is literally rubbing one out for the sharks.

Looks more like sand from its fin as it was on the bottom.

Fucking awesome video.

I saw an ad in the PADI magazine the other day about doing a shark feeders course, I kind of scoffed at it then, might go and find it and have another look. It looks like fun...

Feeding them dead fish? Or swatting their noses to re-direct their attention?

Well I don't think many folks serve live fish ...poached or grilled is usually tastier. :P

Fucking awesome video.

The footage itself is awesome on its own... but after having watched it with co-workers several more times today, I've also noticed how well the shots were edited into the music...

Well I don't think many folks serve live fish ...poached or grilled is usually tastier. :P

Yup, I like 'em dead... and definitely not raw... :P

it's a bit like wobby tipping. few steps up on the danger side though despite the chain mail. no matter how confident he is that's a friggin risky environment. cool vid

A couple of items about the video and tonic immobility:

The maneuver works best on female sharks.

The diver in the video is a friend of mine, Cristina Zenato and she was just inducted as female diver of the year.

Victor Douieb sculpted a bronze statue of Cristine holding a shark by the snout in her hand.

She is wearing a special chain mail dive suit.

Killer Whales have been witnessed using tonic mobility to kill Great Whites.

Very few people have succeeded in perfecting tonic immobility. Quite a few professional shark experts have tried.

Check out this video: Gimme A Hug - http://www.protect-the-sharks.org/about-sharks/gimme-a-hug/

OGR, hard to believe it would work on my species! :lol:

Speaking of which...

"...he gives the shark a whack to say 'back off'..."

Not just any shark that is a huge male great white.

Mike Rutzen is friggin awesome. The guy has no fear but great respect for sharks. There is a show where he is swimming and touching two Tiger Sharks that are swimming around him in the open ocean. Really nice guy too. Not to tell out of school but Mike has been trying, but so far unsuccessful at the tonic immobility. :P

I don't think so, the shark is a girl.

Fucken Wow! Never seen anything like it, Awesome!

I wander if the bubbles from the diver breathing somehow upset the shark, Notice that you don't see any bubbles until after the shark has gone anyway.

SMILER_1515410i.jpg

I purposefully jumped off a dive boat to swim with a school of 100+ hammerheads. I've been at depth with 4 silvertips (all at once, curious but not circling) and countless black tips and white tips. It was all very very cool.

Shark suit be damned; I wouldn't take that shot for all the money in the world.

SMILER_1515410i.jpg

I purposefully jumped off a dive boat to swim with a school of 100+ hammerheads. I've been at depth with 4 silvertips (all at once, curious but not circling) and countless black tips and white tips. It was all very very cool.

Amos swims with a broom stick :lol:

I've done wreck dives with Raggies and in Florida a gorgeous big bull shark.

I'd consider selling my daughters to do the Hammerhead dive!! A close friend of mine is this minute on his yacht off the Galapagos Isles. Considering selling him to Somalian Pirates for not inviting me, the bastard!!

I'd consider selling my daughters to do the Hammerhead dive!! A close friend of mine is this minute on his yacht off the Galapagos Isles. Considering selling him to Somalian Pirates for not inviting me, the bastard!!

"I think we need a bigger broom..."

"I think we need a bigger broom..."

and som pix of mentioned .....................................

jus tryin to help if we can K8 smile.gif