Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Salt

Antigua Race Week 2011

With the smallest turnout for over quarter of a century with only 97 boats entered, a third of peak numbers ten years ago, the Antigua Race Week organizers still insist on employing party organizers to run races. All the advance publicity about taking notice of what the sailors want means absolutely nothing the moment you get on the water. Yes, the courses are better but the classes are a complete farce.

Handicaps determine the speed of a yacht but Antigua Race Week still thinks it knows better.

What is Sojana, 1.339, doing in Class 2 where the average rating is 1.133 (excluding Sojana). She should be in Class 1 where the average rating is 1.355. In fact, Sojana's rating is higher than Oystercatcher's at 1.194 and almost the same as Titan's at 1.391 both in Class 1. It gets worse.

Class 3, handicap bands go from 1.016 to 0.936. A bit wide but if you are short of boats it might be okay except that Class 5 then goes from 1.077 to 0.908. What kind of joke is that?

Then we get the almost perfectly balanced Class 4 which goes from 0.933 to 0.913 but Class 6 gets a 0.920 (which should be in Class 4) thrown amongst 0.899 to 0.805. And what is the 0.805 doing in Class 6 when Class 7 ranges from 0.887 to 0.772?

It is good that Can Do Too never started in Class 8A as its handicap is 1.020 when the class average is 0.913. That would have been really unfair on someone.

We could go on but it becomes repetitive and boring.

The English had a TV program about retired soldiers led by Mr. Mannering (unfortunately, not shown in the US). Race Week must have its own Mr. Mannering but what it needs is the Scotch soldier who kept on saying everything was doomed, doomed then they might begin to realize they have things wrong. This is my 9th Race Week in 15 years but, I fear, it will be my last until they do something about making the competition fair. I can just as easily waste my money where fair sailing comes first along with the best sailors coming first not, as in Race Week where the winning sailors are those who are lucky enough (or know the right people) to be in a class which favors their handicap.

Thats the problem with custom boats, where to put them when there is only one of it. Sojana sailed in big boat cruiser class (2) and all race macines like titan, oystercatcer sailed in racing class 1

Have sailed the regatta and was very exciting. Our Class 3 was pretty good with 1 little too fast boat for the class. We could have win him if we didn't lose steering and needed to retire a race.

class 3 & 4 where best classes.

What Class did you sail?

ASW3-3172.jpg

asw11d4-600.jpg

Thats the problem with custom boats, where to put them when there is only one of it. Sojana sailed in big boat cruiser class (2) and all race macines like titan, oystercatcer sailed in racing class 1

Have sailed the regatta and was very exciting. Our Class 3 was pretty good with 1 little too fast boat for the class. We could have win him if we didn't lose steering and needed to retire a race.

class 3 & 4 where best classes.

What Class did you sail?

ASW3-3172.jpg

asw11d4-600.jpg

FUCK OFF NEWB, show us your girlfriends tits or bust!!!

And welcome to Sailing Anarchy. Un bon bini traditional akinan :D

Good looking main BTW, must have had a cracker jack trimmer on it :ph34r:

With the smallest turnout for over quarter of a century with only 97 boats entered, a third of peak numbers ten years ago, the Antigua Race Week organizers still insist on employing party organizers to run races. All the advance publicity about taking notice of what the sailors want means absolutely nothing the moment you get on the water. Yes, the courses are better but the classes are a complete farce.

Handicaps determine the speed of a yacht but Antigua Race Week still thinks it knows better.

What is Sojana, 1.339, doing in Class 2 where the average rating is 1.133 (excluding Sojana). She should be in Class 1 where the average rating is 1.355. In fact, Sojana's rating is higher than Oystercatcher's at 1.194 and almost the same as Titan's at 1.391 both in Class 1. It gets worse.

Class 3, handicap bands go from 1.016 to 0.936. A bit wide but if you are short of boats it might be okay except that Class 5 then goes from 1.077 to 0.908. What kind of joke is that?

Then we get the almost perfectly balanced Class 4 which goes from 0.933 to 0.913 but Class 6 gets a 0.920 (which should be in Class 4) thrown amongst 0.899 to 0.805. And what is the 0.805 doing in Class 6 when Class 7 ranges from 0.887 to 0.772?

It is good that Can Do Too never started in Class 8A as its handicap is 1.020 when the class average is 0.913. That would have been really unfair on someone.

We could go on but it becomes repetitive and boring.

The English had a TV program about retired soldiers led by Mr. Mannering (unfortunately, not shown in the US). Race Week must have its own Mr. Mannering but what it needs is the Scotch soldier who kept on saying everything was doomed, doomed then they might begin to realize they have things wrong. This is my 9th Race Week in 15 years but, I fear, it will be my last until they do something about making the competition fair. I can just as easily waste my money where fair sailing comes first along with the best sailors coming first not, as in Race Week where the winning sailors are those who are lucky enough (or know the right people) to be in a class which favors their handicap.

Well, you were in Antigua, sailing. I would not complain about your shitty life too much... I envy you and your bad splits.

cacciaallavolpechick.jpg

@ Tranquillo B) didnt have tits picture at hand, back side also good?

Arriving at 7am and that's the first thing we see in Antigua was hard and 8 of our 9 crew did not have their morning piss yet.

Never get tired of looking at her, courtesy front shot and in action, defenitely the sailing chick of the Antigua Sailing Week.

alla.jpg

Caccia.jpg

She has got to be one of Carlo Falcone's gaggle of hot sailing beauties! They flock to his boats and have been doing so for years, more than pull their weight on the crew. His Valichelli 50 wasn't named Cacchia Alla Volpe (Catch the Fox) for nothing!!!

She has got to be one of Carlo Falcone's gaggle of hot sailing beauties! They flock to his boats and have been doing so for years, more than pull their weight on the crew. His Valichelli 50 wasn't named Cacchia Alla Volpe (Catch the Fox) for nothing!!!

Better believe it!

Ted_421.jpg

Carlo's son Shane was the bowman on the Dogzilla Oracle Tri that fell off the prod at 20+ knots during training. Anyone know what AC team he is with this go around? I raced with Cacchia in the St Croix International one year and the overall top prize is the skippers weight in Cruzan Rum! Carlo was called to the stage to get weighed on a big balance scale at the awards, and he told the committee to look closer at his entry form. He had signed Shane up as skipper which mean't that they were out about a hundred extra pounds of rum. Shane proudly got on the scales and the distributors humped all the cases of rum that they had brought onto the opposite side, and then had to 'borrow' a couple more from the bar stock to match the buff Shane. The last case in the house was the fine Cruzan Reserve which Carlo promptly 'reserved' for his personal stash but left the rest to the fine lads and lasses of the crew. That is a pretty young looking crew in your photo Tranquilo, not sure if they get any rum...