• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peanut Butter

What are you listening to right now?

Was cleaning up and came across a dusty old box of cd's that had been lost for years. at the top of the pile was Allman Brothers, Live At the Fillmore East. What sweet sounds! Now I'ma tied to the whipping post...

I'm hearing voices blink.gif

Listening to my beloved wife sleeping beside me.

An hour ago, Oscar Peterson playing Gershwin. We had a BBQ this afternoon with about 45 guests.

Was cleaning up and came across a dusty old box of cd's that had been lost for years. at the top of the pile was Allman Brothers, Live At the Fillmore East. What sweet sounds! Now I'ma tied to the whipping post...

Great album and one of very few of my many vinyl albums that I still actually play today.

Alright for you! :P

Fucking thing sends me spare. Gonna upgrade to the diesel electric star jobbie. Pissing rain when the lights went out tonight. The dog thinks I want to kill it when I start pulling the cord, it's a monkey fuck in the dark...

Alright for you! :P

Fucking thing sends me spare. Gonna upgrade to the diesel electric star jobbie. Pissing rain when the lights went out tonight. The dog thinks I want to kill it when I start pulling the cord, it's a monkey fuck in the dark...

Maybe with all that f'ng rain you got there, ya oughta build one of those millstone/water wheel fricken things and generate some DC voltage?.........

if we could harness all the hotair from cliff, we could power the entire nation

Just heard these Kidz on CBGB Radio. Had forgotten just how really fricken good they were.........

Metal-achi! B) Props to El Gran Jefe, senor Booth.

Just because you can't get enough Pie.

I humbly agree. Next up, GFR?

Live, of course?.....

Listened to DRAPHT "Jimmy Recard" (band/track) while doing the triple-S this morning. Makes me laugh...Aussie bogen rap. :lol:

Listened to DRAPHT "Jimmy Recard" (band/track) while doing the triple-S this morning. Makes me laugh...Aussie bogen rap. :lol:

Thats B O G A N, you bogan! :P

Just because you can't get enough Pie.

I humbly agree. Next up, GFR?

Live, of course?.....

if anyone has a R2R of the proper caliber

I have a GFR Live tape from DAGO Sports Arena

You Fucks weren't even born ......................................

wait now ...........did your Mom go to concerts in a halter-top, sans bra, and put out like a Food-Sample Queen at CostCo ????

Win......

Hell yeah. Its just ticked over 20 years last month since Stevie Marriott barbecued himself in a house fire and snuffed out just about the best voice in the history of rock n roll.

Thanks for the memories. 'Tin Soldier' is my all time favourite Steve Marriott song and the Fillmore album from the Pie his best recorded work.

Sure thing Flats...like the blokes @ Oxford Dictionary are gonna look me up and kick my arse over it. :P

Sure thing Flats...like the blokes @ Oxford Dictionary are gonna look me up and kick my arse over it. :P

Fuck me, is it actually IN the Oxford Dictionary?

Here you go Tuffy, ideal for the homesick expat: http://www.bogan.com.au/

Win......

Hell yeah. Its just ticked over 20 years last month since Stevie Marriott barbecued himself in a house fire and snuffed out just about the best voice in the history of rock n roll.

Thanks for the memories. 'Tin Soldier' is my all time favourite Steve Marriott song and the Fillmore album from the Pie his best recorded work.

Tin soldier?? Not bad song.

Fuck me, is it actually IN the Oxford Dictionary?

Here you go Tuffy, ideal for the homesick expat: http://www.bogan.com.au/

No way! That's too funny. :lol:

Beat Blender over on SomaFM.com

Win......

Yeah, I have been listening to the tenth anniversary concert stuff lately. Tin Soldier is a kick ass song too, Small Faces were pretty good, but when the Pie got to the Fillmore, that was definitely the top of his game.

Ali and Fila - Aztec and a few of their Futre Sounds of Egypt session

These gays are tearing up the trance scene from Egypt of all places...Ali is Ali Muhumad something...something I thought Muslims werent allowed to dance hilarious.

Dreams - The Cranberries (remix) Loved the original version of this when it came out years ago I was about 13.

sweet Child Of Mine - Guns & Roses...another old favourite I recently came accross.

Can we get some Lime Spiders in this thread...?

Well the thread is called "what are you listening to right now"? So my first thought was post it yourself.

Then I remembered a mad weekend when i was 17, catching a 12 hour train ride to Sydney to see the Lime Spiders play at the now defunct Tivoli. Support was one of my best mates from primary school's band the Candy Harlots and the wet taxis. What a night!!!!! I met this crazy sexy Brisbane girl, we moshed to the Spiders, then went up to the kardomah cafe to see a japanese punk band, The star club. Guess they liked us because i sang most of the songs in the second set, all sex pistols covers, we hung out drinking till 4 am, got kicked off kings cross station for trying to shag my Brissy friend in a photo booth. Ahhh crazy times.

so then I started listening to:

Recently i am listening to these bands :--

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Syd Barrett

Jimmy Page

Van Halen

these are also my favorite bands

This is the playlist for today (so far);

Morning, while rowing for an hour: my Victor Wooten playlist (Can't Hide Love, What You Won't Do For Love, Yin/Yang, Sacred Place, Overjoyed, More Love) -- all instrumentals.

Afternoon, while driving all over the place: Crap on the radio. Man, I hate 90% of that shit.

Evening, wasting time on the internet: Brian Setzer Orchestra (Songs From Lonely Avenue -- it's just OK), Jeff Beck (a playlist, mostly newer stuff), Los Lobos (Just Another Band From LA), MeShell Ndegeocello (Bitter).

Just got hipped to this guy. Wow! He's got that 60s motown sound nailed. Going in the Amazon cart tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcPaeJtTRY&feature=related

Walking home from work. Just heard Goo Sonic Yourh. Now Orgasm addict The Buzzcocks. Don't know whats next? Love shuffle....

Oh how fitting

Natural mystic Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Fun track called: "Barbara Streisand" by Duck Sauce.

Goddamnit... now that's in my head for the rest of the week.

-Nathan

Fun track called: "Barbara Streisand" by Duck Sauce.

Goddamnit... now that's in my head for the rest of the week.

-Nathan

Much better than having an actual Barbara song in yer head isn't it!

Much better than having an actual Barbara song in yer head isn't it!

This is true, but it is only marginally better. I loathe her music enough to block out the reoccurring "ooo's."

So everyone here has the chance to feel my pain.

Suckers...

-Nathan

I've been reading a couple motor bike threads. Funny shit...

and the genset, again.

tim

live at the tractor

jellybean

etta james, live

mose allison

south side Johnny

One for the women......

Wow haven't heard the yeastie girz in years, got a 7inch on lookout somewhere in my collection.