ianlf

F-22 Update

Seemed to work OK on the F85 and F82.

If I was up that way with my TT720 I'd seriously consider doing it also...but a F22 would row a lot easier

Rowing that is...

As far as floating high on ones lines ... I get what your saying basilDog but its probably just like when one comments about your significant other... geeez your looking fit goes over much better than your overweight. I suspect the designed waterline is set to a theoretical heavy end of the spectrum home build. Without knowing the actual weight one can surmise that its light from how high it sits in the water. What I think (might be wrong) is that the comments are usually directed at home builds and Ian is complementing them on exceeding his expectations of their skill/care level during the build.

End of the day its how it sails that counts so don't think its a big marketing conspiracy.

Just my $0.02

what's your bone Chris? Really, why do you care? The customers will either be happy with the product and price, or they won't be.

I care, Raz'r, because I grew up, professionally, as a photographer/journalist and to be perfectly clear on this.... I smell a story. It's a story for any list of reasons one cares to imagine and with the recreational sailing industry in a death spiral, it smacks, with poignant clarity, as an object lesson in what is wrong with sailing right now and that virtually nobody is stepping forward and calling it for what it is.

A question for Mr Farrier,

Ever new boat picture that Mr Farrier comments on has the caption a "very light boat - the sterns floating high"? In my view its fairly easy to have the stern floating high - just design it as such.

Correct - any well designed and built boat should have the transom at water level when loaded (low drag), or well above when unloaded (no one on board). But not so easy to design or build.

One can usually see the ideal waterline with any boat by checking the original design drawings where the drawn loaded waterline will invariably be right at the lower transom corner, or just below. One can then check how well the designer or builder has done by looking at the actual boat to see how it is floating. If below this line, even when empty, then boat could be overloaded before anyone steps aboard.
It was hard to achieve the desired light weight in earlier days, particularly with production boats, but it can be done now, and I don’t see why this fact should be hidden. It is just another positive feature of any good boat that buyers should be aware of, and it should be promoted.
Ian Farrier
Farrier Marine
Designs that Work

4 peeps in the cockpit, full tank in locker, bimimi with extra large solar cell hanging off the very back .... still at least an inch above water

Not bad for a production boat, even if it was a small production at the time. Happy to see more of about the same coming along now, though.

good job Ian with my boat, thanks

thor

4 peeps in the cockpit, full tank in locker, bimimi with extra large solar cell hanging off the very back .... still at least an inch above water

Not bad for a production boat, even if it was a small production at the time. Happy to see more of about the same coming along now, though.

good job Ian with my boat, thanks

thor

Look that's all that needs to said, Here's a very happy customer...

Ian, Carry on with producing sailing boats people enjoy..

awesome work.

This is the most important F22 reality of the last six months....

07-D25-533111.jpg

OK Chris, you win, my turn to bite. My boss is busy building boats OS and I want him to stay focused.

Lovely pic, don't know why you bothered to stick it here, don't they have their own site for you to annoy others on?

I have noticed that apart from doing nothing on your own little projects, you are now wasting all your time here "because there is a story" in the same way a sick kid follows the ugly stuff around a school playground when "there is a stir". Can't you go play gunboat or one of the others that have a real story instead of pursuing arguably the most successful production trimaran builder in the world? If you really want a stir, PM me direct and we can rant and rave away from all the nice people who come here for the wealth of information this site provides.

I found a new image for your signature, you should get rid of the boat off yours as you don't ever seem to go out.

post-10329-0-42714600-1453159165_thumb.jpg

This is the most important F22 reality of the last six months....

07-D25-533111.jpg

Yeah, saw that at the Annapolis Boat Show, and like many others it seemed to be floating below its lines with no one on board. Seemed to be a problem with many boats there.

post-34014-0-87031800-1453167193_thumb.jpg

It seems like Chris O has escaped the home again, or is no longer taking the medication. Sure seems to be a sad individual, with no accomplishments, but very quick to criticize others. His only claim to any experience seems to be 5 minutes behind Sobedo’s wheel as a guest.

post-34014-0-76134700-1453167347_thumb.jpg

Probably cost him $100.

I just priced an F22 with options on the website. it came to $120K Australian, anyone got any leads for boat finance?

I just priced an F22 with options on the website. it came to $120K Australian, anyone got any leads for boat finance?

Unfortunately the Australian dollar has been hammered the last 3 years by the mining industry going down the tubes, and there is nothing we can do about that.

Right now AU$120,000 converts to US$86,500 whereas 3 years ago you would have been paying only AU$79,000 for the exact same thing (the lucky country back then). That's quite a change. It will likely eventually swing back the other again, but for now the only option is to go for a more basic boat.

Meanwhile, some recent F-22 photos just in, to help keep the moral up:

post-18231-0-51802300-1454523636_thumb.jpg

F-22 #3 arriving at Moreton Island recently

post-18231-0-51285300-1454523672_thumb.jpg

There are 7 bodies on board!

post-18231-0-85208800-1454524063_thumb.jpg

F-22 #4 at UK Mocra Nationals held in Plymouth last year

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marijne

Designs that work

Dear Chocko

I have been watching the progress on this site and the www.F-boat.com site for some time and I really should be sleeping right about now 3.00am, however I would be appreciative to see what you specified at the price you quoted in AUD and Ian kindly converted to USD?

I recently did a trial invoice (attached) as I was negotiating to buy a depositor out of their spot #2X that had an unspecified build deposit paid.

Depositor stated he was growing concerned he would perhaps not be around or have good enough health to enjoy the boat when it did turn up.

This fortunately is not such a problem for me if I could get in on his allotted build and the continuous reports of production being ramp-ed up are correct, then it's delivery would be in perfect time for my contract ending here in Sweden.

My thoughts are I would have some time to enjoy the new boat if the boats were to be delivered as fast as is being reported then it is 10 boats built 2016 making #17 by end 2016 and then only xx months until #2X would be built/delivered so not long at all.

Theory is a wonderful thing as tonight I looked right through the build photographic information Ian keeps us all informed with on the very detailed F-22 build website and note the statement there on (December 24th, 2015 Our latest two F-22Rs outside the factory, making it five F-22s built for 2015. One (at the back) is going

to Dubai while the other is our new factory test boat, and sailed for the first time last week:) 5 boats were built in 2015, my calculations looking at the historic posts and photographs and dates they were commented on by whoever manages the site and were put up on the website do not match with this number of 5 boats being built in 2015. Perhaps I am missing something, I could very well be and I stand corrected if wrong as it is late/early hours now.

I just want to make sure of an expected delivery of build #2X as last communication the deposit holder lives in hope and we are due to communicate again.

When I calculated my personal boat as an F-22R to see what it would cost it came in at $105.971.00USD and included a shipping default price from the website of $2590.00USD.

This is quite different to the price you quote and converted by Ian Chocko.

Thank you in advance for any information that will help me with my purchasing decision and final specification.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

post-123019-0-89710200-1454552313_thumb.jpg

post-123019-0-52928900-1454552328_thumb.jpg

you've gone for the"R", i only wanted the standard model with dacron, no spinnaker!! I think Ian is fairly honourable.

Dear Chocko

I have been watching the progress on this site and the www.F-boat.com site for some time and I really should be sleeping right about now 3.00am, however I would be appreciative to see what you specified at the price you quoted in AUD and Ian kindly converted to USD?

I recently did a trial invoice (attached) as I was negotiating to buy a depositor out of their spot #2X that had an unspecified build deposit paid.

Depositor stated he was growing concerned he would perhaps not be around or have good enough health to enjoy the boat when it did turn up.

This fortunately is not such a problem for me if I could get in on his allotted build and the continuous reports of production being ramp-ed up are correct, then it's delivery would be in perfect time for my contract ending here in Sweden.

My thoughts are I would have some time to enjoy the new boat if the boats were to be delivered as fast as is being reported then it is 10 boats built 2016 making #17 by end 2016 and then only xx months until #2X would be built/delivered so not long at all.

Theory is a wonderful thing as tonight I looked right through the build photographic information Ian keeps us all informed with on the very detailed F-22 build website and note the statement there on (December 24th, 2015 Our latest two F-22Rs outside the factory, making it five F-22s built for 2015. One (at the back) is going

to Dubai while the other is our new factory test boat, and sailed for the first time last week:) 5 boats were built in 2015, my calculations looking at the historic posts and photographs and dates they were commented on by whoever manages the site and were put up on the website do not match with this number of 5 boats being built in 2015. Perhaps I am missing something, I could very well be and I stand corrected if wrong as it is late/early hours now.

I just want to make sure of an expected delivery of build #2X as last communication the deposit holder lives in hope and we are due to communicate again.

When I calculated my personal boat as an F-22R to see what it would cost it came in at $105.971.00USD and included a shipping default price from the website of $2590.00USD.

Thank you in advance for any information that will help me with my purchasing decision and final specification.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

OK I am officially a cheapskate.

Over $100K :wacko: :wacko: for an F22... dang! I didn't want to pay $50K for the Pulse.

Lovin my F27F!! :D

What's the sail away cost for a DF25? These trimarans are likely all pretty expensive upfront.

you've gone for the"R", i only wanted the standard model with dacron, no spinnaker!! I think Ian is fairly honourable.

Dear Chocko

Thank you for your prompt reply I appreciate it very much.

There was no question of honor-ability, I was simply asking if I am missing anything with regards to 5 boats built in 2015 while calculating when build #2X might reasonably be expected to roll into a container for delivery.

Nelson.e I do not believe the DF25 is in the running for what I want. The F-22 site is not the appropriate place to be discussing a competing boat in my opinion.

Thank you to all for your prompt reply's.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

Dear Chocko

Tony Ellen

Sweden

You have gone for the top line model, and the average F-22 pricing is actually over $20,000 cheaper. It is like saying a BMW 3 series will cost US$62,000 whereas the most popular model costs US$33,000, the $62,000 being for the top of line model. You can buy a base F-22 ready to sail with trailer and outboard for around US$75,000. All our prices are publicly available in the F-boat store, for anyone to look at - they are not hidden away.

Five boats were completed in 2015, #4 in Feb, #5 in May, #6 in Sept, #2 (long delayed factory boat) in Nov, and #7 in Dec.

We have a long waiting list, and there have never been any promises about delivery times, other that it will take as long as it takes. If anyone would prefer not to wait, then they are free to buy something else, as has been frequently stated. We had the same delivery wait issue in 1987 with the F-27, but 3 years later were doing two per week (still a wait however). All covered on:

http://www.f-boat.com/pdf/Newsletter33.pdf

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine,

Designs that work

Dear Chocko

Tony Ellen

Sweden

OK I am officially a cheapskate.

Over $100K :wacko: :wacko: for an F22... dang! I didn't want to pay $50K for the Pulse.

Lovin my F27F!! :D

The average price is much lower than $100,000, and the F-22 pricing is publicly available for all to look at. Only variable will be shipping cost and local taxes, but that also applies to all other boats.

Many had the same concerns with the original F-27 pricing, which also seemed high at the time, but those who purchased early got a great boat, and excellent value. Proved to be one of the lowest cost boats to own, as I said many times back then, with many having been sold for at or near their new price years later.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work.

Tony.Ellen you seemed to miss my point.

What point?

He may be looking for some help on pricing, and looking at comparators.

He may be conceivably looking at some alternatives.

Dear Nelson.e

I definitely did not miss your point. The DF25 is simply not of interest to me so therefore there is no point discussing it further here.

I was not questioning the cost of what I specified as it is my choice what I sail just as it is my choice what specification car I drive to clarify things for Mr Farrier. I simply asked Chocko what he had specified to save me trying to run another quote to find out at that price. A simple question asked which he kindly answered with a simple answer.

I am interested in the reasonably expected time frame that I might wait for the build #2X to be rolled into a container for delivery before communicating again with the owner of deposit for build #2X. This is a very simple question based on statements made. I would have thought a very simple answer might have been available.

To Mr Farrier, My question is not a personal slight on you or that of your company or the F-22 so please save me the defensive answering which seems to be forth coming when ever a genuine question is asked. I understand fully your go elsewhere claims if waiting is an issue. I have clearly stated waiting a reasonable time frame is not an issue for me as my contract would hopefully end at a similar time as the boat might be ready, I was as in my above reply to nelson.e just trying to ascertain when a reasonable delivery time might be expected for the build of #2X.

Mr Farrier I appreciate you have now changed your statement to be 5 boats completed in 2015, as a potential purchaser I asked a very simple question based on your prior statement that 5 were built in 2015 with numbers potentially doubling in 2016. I now see looking back in detail on your very informative web site that of the 5 boats finished in 2015 4 were actually in build for some time longer than the year of 2015. With this being fact established can I still confidently calculate that there will be 10 boats built in 2016 with build #2X likely to be rolled into a container from your factory or possible Philippine factory in the early months of 2017?

There is no need for reaffirming your statements of if you cannot wait buy else where as I am well read on matters F-22 hence my interest in purchasing.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

What point?

Dear smellibits.

That is exactly what I was trying to ascertain. Just simple help from people of knowledge after all this is how we learn.

Thank you.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

Mr Farrier I appreciate you have now changed your statement to be 5 boats completed in 2015, as a potential purchaser I asked a very simple question based on your prior statement that 5 were built in 2015 with numbers potentially doubling in 2016. I now see looking back in detail on your very informative web site that of the 5 boats finished in 2015 4 were actually in build for some time longer than the year of 2015. With this being fact established can I still confidently calculate that there will be 10 boats built in 2016 with build #2X likely to be rolled into a container from your factory or possible Philippine factory in the early months of 2017?

There is no need for reaffirming your statements of if you cannot wait buy else where as I am well read on matters F-22 hence my interest in purchasing.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

Tony, I think you are confusing latency and throughput, where latency is the time to complete something from start to finish, and throughput is how many items are finished by the process per unit of time.

Just as a number of 2015 boats were started in 2014, I am sure a number of 2016 boats were started in 2015. How long it takes to complete an item is irrelevant versus the number that are delivered in a given timeframe. If you're in a process with which you're efficiently cranking out beams, may as well make more to take advantage of setup and production momentum. Something you don't have to do again later; with smaller workforces it's often more efficient to use batch rather than continuous processes.

What point?

I was commenting on Wess's point on the cost of a production F-22. A new trimaran is going to cost a lot of money. This thread is not all about Tony and his whining about pricing and delivery. He should email Ian directly.

Everyone was doing fine until you stepped in, just saying....

Back to the F22, a popular boat at a good price

Tony Ellen

Sweden

The short answer is no. Delivery time could still be plus or minus 6 months, and I will not make any more accurate predictions until I can be sure they are accurate to within a few weeks at least.

My statement about 5 boats being built in 2015 has also never changed. The 2015 result remains exactly as shown on my progress web site. We also probably built three more boats if you want to count all the parts for subsequent boats that were also built in 2015.

Note that while I have counted Number 7 as a 2015 completion, it is only just being delivered next week. It could have been finished and sailing by the end of December but annual summer holidays meant no work for 2 - 3 weeks. Some key parts were also delivered not to spec, which has also added to the delay, but it will be test sailed next week, and then shipped. So 4.9 boats for 2015 if one wants to be pedantic, but we do have two more boats very close behind.

post-18231-0-61438100-1454712472_thumb.jpg

No.7 ready to go sailing

Our target for 2016 is 10 boats built, or one a month by the end of the year, but at this early stage it is impossible to be certain. Could be more, could be less. There are just too many variables, and until we get to a more regular production rate, with design fully locked in, and all variables eliminated, then it is impossible to predict future delivery dates accurately.

Predictions without all the data and correct procedures in place can also lead to artificial deadlines, with short cuts or sloppy work just to get boats out the door, which is something I will not do. Again, the exact same situation existed in 1987.

This describes the current position perfectly, and I can't say it any better now. The only difference is that we have a many more orders compared to back then, so we are not putting any time into boat shows. These can be very expensive, and the funds are far better used for production matters. Boat shows will happen, but only when we have boats and funds to spare.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs That work

Tony Ellen

Sweden

The short answer is no. Delivery time could still be plus or minus 6 months, and I will not make any more accurate predictions until I can be sure they are accurate to within a few weeks at least.

My statement about 5 boats being built in 2015 has also never changed. The 2015 result remains exactly as shown on my progress web site. We also probably built three more boats if you want to count all the parts for subsequent boats that were also built in 2015.

Note that while I have counted Number 7 as a 2015 completion, it is only just being delivered next week. It could have been finished and sailing by the end of December but annual summer holidays meant no work for 2 - 3 weeks. Some key parts were also delivered not to spec, which has also added to the delay, but it will be test sailed next week, and then shipped. So 4.9 boats for 2015 if one wants to be pedantic, but we do have two more boats very close behind.

attachicon.gifIMG_5014.jpg

No.7 ready to go sailing

Our target for 2016 is 10 boats built, or one a month by the end of the year, but at this early stage it is impossible to be certain. Could be more, could be less. There are just too many variables, and until we get to a more regular production rate, with design fully locked in, and all variables eliminated, then it is impossible to predict future delivery dates accurately.

Predictions without all the data and correct procedures in place can also lead to artificial deadlines, with short cuts or sloppy work just to get boats out the door, which is something I will not do. Again, the exact same situation existed in 1987.

This describes the current position perfectly, and I can't say it any better now. The only difference is that we have a many more orders compared to back then, so we are not putting any time into boat shows. These can be very expensive, and the funds are far better used for production matters. Boat shows will happen, but only when we have boats and funds to spare.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs That work

Well done Ian,

under promise and over deliver is a good way to operate.

Good luck with your efforts this year and maintaining your positive spirit.

Fish

Tony Ellen

Sweden

attachicon.gifIMG_5014.jpg

No.7 ready to go sailing

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs That work

Well done Ian,

under promise and over deliver is a good way to operate.

Good luck with your efforts this year and maintaining your positive spirit.

Fish

Dear Rattus32, Chocko and Mr Farrier

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

I have a friend with a rather long wait ahead of him for his new F22. He is considering two options. The first is to purchase a used F24 (he had one before but went cruising on a monohull for a bit) while he waits the 18 to 24 months (or more...) for his turn or he could spend his money now on a Dragonfly 25. We day-sailed and raced his old F24 and he actually cruised it twice to the Bahamas so it is pretty duo-purpose.

He is not on SA and just asked me what he should do. I'll look for the Dragonfly thread as well. I was just wondering if others had thoughts on this. The money issue is, well, not much of an issue but as always, somewhat important. Is the F22 worth the wait and the extra hassle of an interim boat? Frankly, he had no interest in even looking at other new boats but as time is passing, the wait seems to be getting longer, his patience is getting shorter and we are wall getting older....he needs to do something.

The F-22 is a really nice boat. I had a chance to tour #6 in Phoenix. It would be a nice boat to own. About the wait, I have no idea other than what Ian' says and hearing about the wait list length on this thread. I opted for a used boat and a lot of hard work on my end.

I have a friend with a rather long wait ahead of him for his new F22. He is considering two options. The first is to purchase a used F24 (he had one before but went cruising on a monohull for a bit) while he waits the 18 to 24 months (or more...) for his turn or he could spend his money now on a Dragonfly 25. We day-sailed and raced his old F24 and he actually cruised it twice to the Bahamas so it is pretty duo-purpose.

He is not on SA and just asked me what he should do. I'll look for the Dragonfly thread as well. I was just wondering if others had thoughts on this. The money issue is, well, not much of an issue but as always, somewhat important. Is the F22 worth the wait and the extra hassle of an interim boat? Frankly, he had no interest in even looking at other new boats but as time is passing, the wait seems to be getting longer, his patience is getting shorter and we are wall getting older....he needs to do something.

Dear Totalxs

This was exactly my purpose for asking questions, simply to clarify, after duck shoving defensive responses (which seems to be anarchy).

I am off to view and sail the DF25 in warmer weather. The DF25 was never in my sights as I had listened to Mr Farrier's many posts and read far too much and believed all.

At the end of the day for me personally the wait is simply too long while things get sorted out without a definite build date to plan around.

The money/price was/is not an issue, simply put life is short and you realise this as you start going to more funerals than weddings.

I wish the owner of build deposit #2X well and look forward to seeing him with his boat.

Tony Ellen

Sweden

The F-22 is a really nice boat. I had a chance to tour #6 in Phoenix. It would be a nice boat to own. About the wait, I have no idea other than what Ian' says and hearing about the wait list length on this thread. I opted for a used boat and a lot of hard work on my end.

Dear nelson.e

I also looked at used as you have, however the refit/rebuild was not for me.

What did you go with for your purchase used?

Tony Ellen

Sweden

It was mostly just an opportunity for a building / refit project. I have experience building with vacuum bag composites and kind of like the work. This project has been bigger than others I've done but I'll be done in the spring or early summer. The size of the F-25 / F-82 / F-85 is a good one that is big enough for some distance racing or a long weekend cruise for a couple. The F-22 is also very roomy inside and can be used for short cruises. I knew in my case I would be on the water quicker and cheaper with a used boat. I count my work hours as free! Having a boat built with epoxy over vinylester or polyester was the tipping point for me since this is what I know and like.

The option of another older F-boat or an alternative design is one that many consider when deciding on making a deposit. I have had a few guys ring me hoping for a shorter delivery time, and in some cases I have helped them find an older boat while they think about joining the queue. One of them bought , and is very happy, with a used F24 Mk II for 47k AUD. He is also dreaming of the day he makes the move to a 22.

Ironically IMHO the "star-power" of the F22 has attracted many to the game, and they have absorbed some of the boats that could have gone stale in the marketplace. Currently there are fewer used F-boats available in AUS than there have been for a couple of years, supposedly during a slow economy.

I think this is good for all of us?

I have a friend with a rather long wait ahead of him for his new F22. He is considering two options. The first is to purchase a used F24 (he had one before but went cruising on a monohull for a bit) while he waits the 18 to 24 months (or more...)

Ya gotta sail. Get the older f boat for a couple of years....

Carpe diem. Don't wait.

If money is not so much an issue, have a closer look at the Dragonfly, its a beautiful boat.

I was myself tempted by the F22 project, but luckily realized early enough that this might take much longer as many F-boat fans would want to believe. Now I am sailing a Sprint Mk II, soon my 4th season will start, and I am very happy. I have read lots about and seen live the F22 (never sailed though), but I would not trade my boat for the F22 even without the wait. The DF25 however, I would really need to take a longer look. It seems to be quite a bit "more boat".

A quick update. My friend went to Miami and saw the DF25. He was not all that impressed. Some good things but mostly was concerned about the folding mechanism and a few other issues he saw, issues I suspect only because they were different than what Farrier does and has presented here. He has I think 8 or 9 years with his F24Mk1 so those features and characteristics are what he ends up looking for, or rather an improvement on those. He did not find them on the DF25. Meaning nothing really bad on the DF25, just not what he happened to think he wants and needs, nor did he see the Ian Farrier standards of detail.

He is currently looking at or rather for used F22's. Not sure why a F24Mk2 is not interesting him, but it isn't. He might even consider a F22 plan set at this point, now believing that a production F22 is so far off for him and that it will continue to increase in costs such that he could have one custom built and still be ahead of the game.

I suspect more people will follow his path. There is no hope of a F22 in a reasonable time frame for the vast majority of the depositors if production is not increased drastically soon and from the updates forwarded to me, that is not going to happen. At the current projections, it could be anywhere from 3 more years to 15 years for my friend. There is some issue here we do not know about and while it could be a valid reason for the slow ramp up, it is not helping the people with cash who see an impossibility long wait ahead of them. Very unfortunate because the F22 is most likely the best tri of it's size range out there at the moment and I have not seen anything else coming down the pike even close.

... and the hits; they just keep on coming.

No boats, interminable waits and relentless excuses. When will the real story behind this massive confusion ever come to the surface? We are still getting obfuscation from the factory and the whole thing is simply remarkable in its lack of clarity.

Ian... if you want to clear the air and I mean really, honestly clear the air for the folks out there in multihull land about what is actually holding things back, please feel free to write me and I will present your position as honestly and straight-forward as is possible. Right now, it is all about the misdirect and non-fulfillment.

One has to wonder what is wrong.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Dragonfly folding system or build quality.

Nor did I say there was. But from my friends view, there were some things not as well though out on the DF25 as is on the Farrier designs. While I can see merits to the swing wing system, it did not impress my friend as much as the folding system on the Farriers. For instance, I can see that the swing wing system would be better if leaving the boat folded in the water but it is not as convenient in various ways if you trailer sail all the time. In my friends opinion, the F22 and F24 are boats that can be pushed harder than the DF25 and I tend to agree. But I stress that is only our opinions. And if we are buying then our opinion is what matters to us. The Dragonfly boats are great and if buying a larger tri as a cruiser, I would opt for the DF28 over the F28, for instance. But that is me and of course would not apply to anyone else.

Chris O. While your posts are meant to attack Ian and his company personally, mine were to express concern and a bit of frustration that the best designer of the best trimarans out there is not supplying his boats in quantity enough to satisfy demand. While I recognize that there may indeed be a valid reason, from the information made available to us, I see nothing that indicates a solid reason the boat is not in full production. Though I could guess, it would be nothing but speculation, so I won't publicly. In any case, while it is unfortunate, it is not a crime nor should it be used to belittle a designer and his designs.

I wonder every time I read one of your worthless posts.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Ian... if you want to clear the air and I mean really, honestly clear the air for the folks out there in multihull land about what is actually holding things back, please feel free to write me and I will present your position as honestly and straight-forward as is possible.

Chris O, Who do you think that you are? Why would Ian Farrier entertain the idea of using you as a conduit for anything regarding his business?

Are you under the impression that anyone here holds anything you say with any regard? ............................. You are mistaken.

I wonder every time I read one of your worthless posts.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Bwahahah now that's funny!

An update,

After getting a little time away from work I was finally able to get my boat in the water. It is everything that I had hoped for. It had been awhile since I had been sailing but it slowly came back to me. I could not keep the smile off of my face. The wind was a little light about 5-7 knots, but that was OK. I was very nervous, so the light wind was a blessing. I was amazed at how little wind would really make the boat take off. It seemed that every little puff that hit the boat, it would just move forward with it. The helm was so light I could just let go and it would just stay there till I moved it again. I also was amazed at how bright all of the navigation lights were for being led's.

I arrived on Friday about noon. I was hoping to get in the water in about an hour after arriving, but that turned out to be impossible. By the time I was done talking to everyone that stopped by,
2 1/2 hours had went by. My friend Jim who came along with me had never sailed before but was eager to learn. He could not believe all the people that were stopping by to ask questions.
Everything went together very well. I had put up the mast at home only 1 time before. I have to say that raising the mast on an F-22 is easier then when I had my Nacra 5.2. It was steady as a rock.

I did spend the night on the boat, and was going to sleep in the cabin but the night was just to nice, so I slept out on the trampoline. Jim still slept in the cabin. He said there was a lot of room even though he is a big guy. He said there is plenty of room for my wife and I in the cabin when she comes out next weekend. We did bring out a lot of stuff for the first time thinking we would need it
and of course we didn't. We will leave most of it at home next time.

I just want to say thank you Ian, for such a great little boat.

Bill
F226
Pau hana

post-74156-0-94567100-1457477750_thumb.jpg

post-74156-0-47216500-1457478110_thumb.jpeg

Woohoo, congrats Bill!

Welcome to the club.

Light winds amazing, heavy winds stunning.

Next, the UAE boat...

Peter

Never have belittled the design realities of the F22. In fact, just the opposite is true. I think it is an inspired small multihull.

That aside, I am still wondering, as are many, many others in the boating world, as to why it is STILL taking so long to produce a boat that was purported to be ready for production a few years ago. Yet, we see other boats being addressed for build in the Farrier arena in lieu of the long-awaited F22 and they represent bigger cash profits per vessel. Once can only wonder as to why it is still taking so damn long to fulfill the obligations to the deposit-giving customers, while other boats are being assembled in front of their faces. That's gotta make a guy pretty pissed; especially when he has probably been waiting for many, many years for his boat.

Do keep in mind that while Ian has been swearing that he knows what he's doing, (just ask him) both Corsair and Quorning have produced really fine, completed and in production boats in the same size genre with no excuses, no baloney and absolutely no delays.

It makes a guy go, HMMMMMMMM?

I asked many months ago, "Is Ian now broke? Has he spent his wad chasing rainbows with nothing to show for it save for more handy excuses and that ever-present litany of "good shit takes time" that seems to spill from his lips like so much honey from the hooka smoking caterpillar.

Amusing and sad, is what I would call it. A well-known and respected designer such as Ian, who just can't turn the corner on a product that has been "in the works" for so many years that it has now grown its own, genetic variety of moss that is yet to be classified by scientists.

And the sycophants keep rolling out the bland as beans excuse trail of their own, right on cue, complete with personal attacks on those who would dare to ask why it's still not done. Haven't you Kool-Aiders finally come to the conclusion that hundreds of others in the multihull community arrived at a long time ago....? The guy is most likely broke and he can't fund the needed work, or tooling, to get the thing into production, and that is why there are bigger, spendier boats in the pipeline; they generate that desperately needed cash in order to hopefully turn the corner and get maybe one boat out the door and into daylight.

Gunboat got broke, a long list of other builders got broke and now, it appears (and I invite proof from any one who actually can verify the opposite) that Farrier is also broke and can't close the door.

I take no special joy in the fact. In fact... I have the opposite as my personal reaction. it pretty much saddens me that the F22 is probably not going to be a workable product in the marketplace. So much effort and so much of the personal dreams of an innovator like Ian and due to a whole collection of decently obvious reasons, it's just not happening. Yes, that makes me sad.

But, this is a real story in the boating press. A really huge story. The fact that Sailing Anarchy has not bothered to even get their toe wet on the topic is indicative of the reality in their editorial world. No, they want to look away from the carnage and pretend it isn't happening. They are all about the Emperor's New Clothes when it comes to Farrier and that is why they are not journalists. They are pimp artists who scoop off the crumbs of the work of others and call it a blast of inside dope. The rest of the Sailing press is just as much at fault on this and one only needs to ask... what sailing interests do they hold most dear? Is it the sailors, the people who have invested dear sums into a program of promises and sketches and fitfully few physical boats and are now waiting well into their later years of life for a boat that looks like it will never arrive in their port... Or, is the Sailing Press more about not casting stones at the sacred cows, hoping, like hell, that someone can pull a rabbit out of their backsides and produce a boat that is frightfully overdue?

That they are mum says everything. That sailing is slowly croaking also speaks loudly in this idiomatic tantrum of deceit.

Who knows, maybe Ian is dealing with poor material choices in the name of cost savings and it has caused the project to be unfit for release? It won't be the first time that such manufacturing choices have caused massive delays in output. There are thousands of small decisions that need to be made on a project like this and some of them are bound to be poorly considered. The simple laws of probability would tell one that much. So, I wonder if that is what is running the company down and out of sufficient cash flow to take the project home to a proper conclusion? Maybe the world economy has taken its toll on finances to the point where assumed profits and dividend resources have not shown themselves to be viable as a source of cash flow?

That you fools are choosing to ignore the facts and continue to toss your asinine, ad hominem, grenades in the air as if they do real damage is the funniest of all. You guys have become a collective cartoon of ignorance and you are too busy trying to sound cool to actually notice that there is nothing to report on the F22 save for old, recycled crap. Month after month of old news crap.

Who will be the first to hurl an off-target invective, a gibberish salad of personal smears, a poorly phrased attempt to save face for Farrier? Who will show themselves to be so mentally baked that they just can't stop themselves from flinging poo at a non-existent target? Who will finally prove that the fine art of being a brain toasted sycophant is not dead?

Peter H. you serve nicely as Ian's trusty, albeit overly used, lance carrier. Here we are, just about the middle of March in the new year and.... Where are the boats that 9 months ago, last summer, you swore were just about to be unleashed on the planet at light speed? Where is the factory output from the industrial zone in the P.I.? Where are the dozens of happy, weepingly satisfied customers who swear they will always be Farrier sycophants? Has the F22 become the dreaded vaporware of the boating world?

I look around and I see and hear invisible crickets.

I'd love to hear and see differently, but the truth is right there for anyone who is willing to see it.

If there are any anxious, waiting depositors for the F22 who would like to comment, please write me at my IM box and keep it off this list. I promise to hold your comments in discreet confidence while this story is playing out. Your opinions and interests are of serious concern to me and I am passionate about your fufillment.

Never have belittled the design realities of the F22. In fact, just the opposite is true. I think it is an inspired small multihull.

That aside, I am still wondering, as are many, many others in the boating world, as to why it is STILL taking so long to produce a boat that was purported to be ready for production a few years ago. Yet, we see other boats being addressed for build in the Farrier arena in lieu of the long-awaited F22 and they represent bigger cash profits per vessel. Once can only wonder as to why it is still taking so damn long to fulfill the obligations to the deposit-giving customers, while other boats are being assembled in front of their faces. That's gotta make a guy pretty pissed; especially when he has probably been waiting for many, many years for his boat.

Do keep in mind that while Ian has been swearing that he knows what he's doing, (just ask him) both Corsair and Quorning have produced really fine, completed and in production boats in the same size genre with no excuses, no baloney and absolutely no delays.

It makes a guy go, HMMMMMMMM?

I asked many months ago, "Is Ian now broke? Has he spent his wad chasing rainbows with nothing to show for it save for more handy excuses and that ever-present litany of "good shit takes time" that seems to spill from his lips like so much honey from the hooka smoking caterpillar.

Amusing and sad, is what I would call it. A well-known and respected designer such as Ian, who just can't turn the corner on a product that has been "in the works" for so many years that it has now grown its own, genetic variety of moss that is yet to be classified by scientists.

And the sycophants keep rolling out the bland as beans excuse trail of their own, right on cue, complete with personal attacks on those who would dare to ask why it's still not done. Haven't you Kool-Aiders finally come to the conclusion that hundreds of others in the multihull community arrived at a long time ago....? The guy is most likely broke and he can't fund the needed work, or tooling, to get the thing into production, and that is why there are bigger, spendier boats in the pipeline; they generate that desperately needed cash in order to hopefully turn the corner and get maybe one boat out the door and into daylight.

Gunboat got broke, a long list of other builders got broke and now, it appears (and I invite proof from any one who actually can verify the opposite) that Farrier is also broke and can't close the door.

I take no special joy in the fact. In fact... I have the opposite as my personal reaction. it pretty much saddens me that the F22 is probably not going to be a workable product in the marketplace. So much effort and so much of the personal dreams of an innovator like Ian and due to a whole collection of decently obvious reasons, it's just not happening. Yes, that makes me sad.

But, this is a real story in the boating press. A really huge story. The fact that Sailing Anarchy has not bothered to even get their toe wet on the topic is indicative of the reality in their editorial world. No, they want to look away from the carnage and pretend it isn't happening. They are all about the Emperor's New Clothes when it comes to Farrier and that is why they are not journalists. They are pimp artists who scoop off the crumbs of the work of others and call it a blast of inside dope. The rest of the Sailing press is just as much at fault on this and one only needs to ask... what sailing interests do they hold most dear? Is it the sailors, the people who have invested dear sums into a program of promises and sketches and fitfully few physical boats and are now waiting well into their later years of life for a boat that looks like it will never arrive in their port... Or, is the Sailing Press more about not casting stones at the sacred cows, hoping, like hell, that someone can pull a rabbit out of their backsides and produce a boat that is frightfully overdue?

That they are mum says everything. That sailing is slowly croaking also speaks loudly in this idiomatic tantrum of deceit.

Who knows, maybe Ian is dealing with poor material choices in the name of cost savings and it has caused the project to be unfit for release? It won't be the first time that such manufacturing choices have caused massive delays in output. There are thousands of small decisions that need to be made on a project like this and some of them are bound to be poorly considered. The simple laws of probability would tell one that much. So, I wonder if that is what is running the company down and out of sufficient cash flow to take the project home to a proper conclusion? Maybe the world economy has taken its toll on finances to the point where assumed profits and dividend resources have not shown themselves to be viable as a source of cash flow?

That you fools are choosing to ignore the facts and continue to toss your asinine, ad hominem, grenades in the air as if they do real damage is the funniest of all. You guys have become a collective cartoon of ignorance and you are too busy trying to sound cool to actually notice that there is nothing to report on the F22 save for old, recycled crap. Month after month of old news crap.

Who will be the first to hurl an off-target invective, a gibberish salad of personal smears, a poorly phrased attempt to save face for Farrier? Who will show themselves to be so mentally baked that they just can't stop themselves from flinging poo at a non-existent target? Who will finally prove that the fine art of being a brain toasted sycophant is not dead?

Peter H. you serve nicely as Ian's trusty, albeit overly used, lance carrier. Here we are, just about the middle of March in the new year and.... Where are the boats that 9 months ago, last summer, you swore were just about to be unleashed on the planet at light speed? Where is the factory output from the industrial zone in the P.I.? Where are the dozens of happy, weepingly satisfied customers who swear they will always be Farrier sycophants? Has the F22 become the dreaded vaporware of the boating world?

I look around and I see and hear invisible crickets.

I'd love to hear and see differently, but the truth is right there for anyone who is willing to see it.

If there are any anxious, waiting depositors for the F22 who would like to comment, please write me at my IM box and keep it off this list. I promise to hold your comments in discreet confidence while this story is playing out. Your opinions and interests are of serious concern to me and I am passionate about your fufillment.

Wow. The very definition of needing to get a life right there in black and white.

[quote name="Wess" post="5253501" timestamp="1457572743

Wow. The very definition of needing to get a life right there in black and white.

Don't quote the troll. It defeats the functionality of ignore.

Nice breeze on the weekend sailing in a fleet of Tri's including two F22's.

Don't quote the troll. It defeats the functionality of ignore.

+1

F22s are beautiful boats and I've seen a few of the plan built ones over the last few years, but F22 Website seems to indicate only 5 were built in 2015 and they might double that in 2016, maybe more if Philippines factory contributes.

#7 factory boat just out the door last month.

You'd be mad not to buy and sail something (2nd hand or another new boat) for a year or two or... even if you were well placed on the F22 order books now.

IMHO

I'd love an F22. I'm sure it has a lot more useable space than my 40year old GBE. Built in NZ. Respected designer. Cool boat.

That dragonfly is not something I would ever consider. Heavier, slower, more expensive. Available now for sure, but availability doesn't make a good boat....

Why do you think the df25 is the slower boat?

In the singlehanded round the Island of Fyn regatta (silverrudder) the DF 25 beat the F-22 R by over 5 hours.

16 hours 47:43 to 21 hours 57:48

L O Y D

Not saying one boat is better or faster than the other but as discussed in the R2AK thread...better sailor beats better boat every time especially on a long passage race.

See I'll really throw a spanner in the works... I think my TrailerTri 720 is a better boat than both those options...well for me anyway.

:)

Not saying one boat is better or faster than the other but as discussed in the R2AK thread...better sailor beats better boat every time especially on a long passage race.

See I'll really throw a spanner in the works... I think my TrailerTri 720 is a better boat than both those options...well for me anyway.

:)

Dude, you are nuts. All wrong. The Corsair F27 is the way to go. Better than all the others! :P

Not that I am biased or anything.

By that measure a Sprint 750 MK-II blows away the 22R as it was 3 hours faster than the F22R in that race.

Regarding the "better sailor": The fast Dragonfly 25 was helmed by Jens Quorning. I think I have heard that name somewhere before...

Ah Chris, that was a proper Chris O rant, I've been coming on site just for the possibility of that very Chris O prose, made my day.

So to summarise then, "Great design, taking to long in gestation, too costly to make and the company will go broke", there said it in 17 words.

Ah Chris, that was a proper Chris O rant, I've been coming on site just for the possibility of that very Chris O prose, made my day.

So to summarise then, "Great design, taking to long in gestation, too costly to make and the company will go broke", there said it in 17 words.

I found this gem from bhyde from a year ago in a different thread that I don't usually follow, while searching for something else. It seems appropriate and timely, so enjoy

Posted by bhyde on 07 April 2015 - 10:23 PM in Multihull Anarchy

Hey Chris O,

I've sailed, owned, and raced with many of Ian's products and I like them. Can't remember the last time I've sailed one of yours. Oh wait, that would be never, because you and that other insufferable dipshit wannabe Doug Lord just sit around all day and draw doodle art while other people are actually doing something. Do you even own a boat? Ian builds boats and you've built exactly diddly squat. Why don't you go to the bank, get some money, and show everyone what a great designer/boat builder you are and save the sailing industry. God you're a turd.

So you like to support a cheat, and who now appears to be a serial stalker with one very big grudge.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=163810&p=4910926

Says a lot about you. Surprising what one can find with a little research.

So you like to support a cheat, and who now appears to be a serial stalker with one very big grudge.

Chris has gone from a reasonable poster with some interesting comments to a bitter old troll. He's earned his ignore. I only see his whines now when quoted.

He's likely searching for a civil lawsuit.

My tactic is to simply not read posts by Doug Lord and Chris O. Saves a lot of time and I generally miss nothing.

Since some do respond to their posts, I have to quickly skim the responses so that I can reestablish when anything intelligent is being posted again... which can require a shocking amount of stupid argument to achieve. If others would also just ignore, things would be much more pleasant!

Ian, how is the feedback on the removable seat backs? They look like a nice comfort adder for chill days on the water.

I think you are reading far too much into my comments, Chris and I have had a lot of banter over the years, I do like his prose and I do like the way a lot of his comments upset a lot of readers, it is after all Sailing Anarchy forums we are on, it's entertainment on steroids the way some readers react to what is obviously a satirical retorte.

I do suspect that a lot of those upset just maybe are a little too thin skinned and take what is after all often a load of old baloney all too seriously.

As far as My views on the Farrier designs, well actually I have an F85 plan set waiting in the wings to start on and I suspect I'll get full support when I begin, as Ian has done, for as long as I can remember.

My personal opinion on Mr Farrier is that you could not ask for a more stand up guy! I know I will probable get flamed for this and people will say that I am drinking the kool-aid. All I have Is the experience of buying an F22 and what I have read about the F22. Ian has said all along that he did not know when my boat would be ready. He said from the start when I ordered it "it will be done when it is done." I knew all along that it would take a while, but all I cared about was a super quality boat. Ian did not disappoint. The quality of the boat exceeded my expectations. I know Mr Farrier has a plan on how he wants to do things and regardless of what people say or think he is doing it his way. You have to kind of like a guy who stands up against the general practice of an industry and do things the way he thinks things should be done. I think that the results will more then prove that Ian is doing it the right way. I know that business practices today are "get it out as fast as you can and make a lot of money. We will take care of quality later." I for one thanks Ian for doing it his way.

Bill

F226

Pau hana

"Ian, how is the feedback on the removable seat backs? They look like a nice comfort adder for chill days on the water."

They are great! I will get a cushion that will slip over the top of them. After about 5 hours of leaning against them I could use a little bit of padding.

Bill

F226

Pau hana

Bill, were you on Lake Pleasant? The water looks pretty high this year. What ramp did you launch from?

Wow

What a waste of time so many of those flaming comments were - there are some with an obvious axe to grind, but the depth of personal invective has been truly impressive. I am glad I don't do business with any of those on a daily basis.

I am one of those Peter H refers to when speaking of bailing off the F22 depositors list to get an alternative. I am now doing the rounds in a very nice lil Sprint, and having a lot of fun.

I was a relatively early depositor, and got caught by the lil Aussie battler heading south, making the project out of my reach.

In my homework of choosing a boat (subsequently setting my heart on a 22), I looked at various designer's longetivity and track record; cost; and the style of boat (multifuntional: camping yet fast racing), and later was able to tour the facility and talk directly to Ian in Christchurch.

After 40+ years of racing and building boats I have come across many dodgy builders, Ian is not one of them. He will sacrifice time & cheap expediency to achieve a quality build. I don't know about you guys, but if I'm going to spend something with those $$ on it, that is the type of designer/builder I want to deal with.

I still dream of getting a new 22, and one day I may - but reading these trash talking trolls allowed to vent on open forums when the majority want to hear constructive informative discussion is bloody annoying to say the least.

mini rant ended

wanting my Dessert now....

Keith

Wow

What a waste of time so many of those flaming comments were - there are some with an obvious axe to grind, but the depth of personal invective has been truly impressive. I am glad I don't do business with any of those on a daily basis.

I am one of those Peter H refers to when speaking of bailing off the F22 depositors list to get an alternative. I am now doing the rounds in a very nice lil Sprint, and having a lot of fun.

I was a relatively early depositor, and got caught by the lil Aussie battler heading south, making the project out of my reach.

In my homework of choosing a boat (subsequently setting my heart on a 22), I looked at various designer's longetivity and track record; cost; and the style of boat (multifuntional: camping yet fast racing), and later was able to tour the facility and talk directly to Ian in Christchurch.

After 40+ years of racing and building boats I have come across many dodgy builders, Ian is not one of them. He will sacrifice time & cheap expediency to achieve a quality build. I don't know about you guys, but if I'm going to spend something with those $$ on it, that is the type of designer/builder I want to deal with.

I still dream of getting a new 22, and one day I may - but reading these trash talking trolls allowed to vent on open forums when the majority want to hear constructive informative discussion is bloody annoying to say the least.

mini rant ended

wanting my Dessert now....

Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith, and pleased to hear you are enjoying your Sprint.

And for those interested in F-22 progress, the factory website was updated last week

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/News5/FM-Factory2016.html

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs That work

lookin good

the website seems to skip from boat #7 to boat #226

# 226 is hull 6, #227 is hull 7, etc.

lookin good

The plan built boats have the lower sail numbers locked up. I wonder how many plans were purchased?

lookin good

The plan built boats have the lower sail numbers locked up. I wonder how many plans were purchased?

#135 plans were purchased in 2010 and launched Labor Day weekend 2014:

14902106529_c14a9be33d_b.jpg

Never mind the F22 I want the airstream in the back ground.

Nice Durandal? '72 corvette yellow?

That tiller looks like it was fun to make - care to tell us about the layup/construction?

Nice Durandal? '72 corvette yellow?

That tiller looks like it was fun to make - care to tell us about the layup/construction?

Thanks, though it's just awlgrip federal yellow (too young for nostalgia for the 70s). The tiller was pretty satisfying, I made the basic shape out of foam scrap bonded together, the trick was to make sure it didn't top out when turned to full lock under the traveller while still having some gap above the deck. It turned out a little closer than I would have liked, workable but if I lean on it it can flex down enough to rub. Once the shape was right I put down a couple layers of 45/45 carbon, a bunch of strips of uni on top of that, and then sandwiched with a few more 45/45. Let cure, trim, and repeat on the other side. You can't see it in that photo but there is a little tube for the autopilot to go on the other side, with the fixed part going on the little stub next to the solar panel.

Thanks for that! I need to build some new tillers soon, so your description helps. I've burned through a couple gallons of Epoxy so far, but am still earning a "feel" for layups.

Ok, here is a left field, but related question:

What happens to old plans once the boat has been built?

Can they be on-sold so others can make them? Or does the licence agreement prohibit this?

Just a thought?

Plans are numbered and give a licence to build one boat

They should stay with the boat as a record that all the boxes have been ticked during construction (literally!)

thanks Paul - thought it was something like that

Plans are numbered and give a licence to build one boat
They should stay with the boat as a record that all the boxes have been ticked during construction (literally!)

Windex setting

Does anyone what they have there Windex set at? I set mine at 65* and I continually sail about 1" within the arms for max speed. I think I need to adjust them. I have the standard cabin F22 with rotating mast.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill
F226
Pau hana

SPECIFICATIONS F22

L.O.A..................................... 22' 11" (7.0m)

​In France we have an annual "francisation" tax beginning after or equal 7 meters !

so it would be important on the official paper, for this market, to give the true length in meter : 6,985 meters,

less than 7meters so no tax for us and more $ available for the boat .........

Thanks

Windex setting

Does anyone what they have there Windex set at? I set mine at 65* and I continually sail about 1" within the arms for max speed. I think I need to adjust them. I have the standard cabin F22 with rotating mast.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

F226

Pau hana

Mast windex vanes are pretty useless. The best use I have seen is twisting them together and pointing them straight back, it works pretty well to match mast rotation to wind angle

It's not all that hard. Take ten grand, invest it in something pretty conservative such as bonds, and by the time your boat is ready, you should have about 120 grand available!

... and the longer that Ian takes, diddling some more with is "masterpiece" of iconography, the less relevant and more expensive it will become. What was once a pretty decent idea has become the cake that nobody could eat. I wonder how many depositors, who also thought it good idea way back when the concept was first floated, and they were eyeing a cool little boat for their retirement years... have now been priced thoroughly out of the market? Now, their age, the cost of the ever-spendy product and a global economic reality for a retired person, have forced them to abandon that used-to-be bit of prescient thinking and turned it into a dust bin of collected tools that have no future.

I love that the sycophants have been trotted-out for the quarterly, practiced genuflecting to keep those complacent, who are still waiting for a breath of wind. But, it has been a year now since Ian got all up on his back legs in a huffy, indignant display and so, I wonder.... Where is this bitchin' stream of completed, in full production, F22's?

Lots of baloney and the sound of Philippine crickets.

Before the fitful flailing begins anew and all the nodding head goofballs try to have a crack at me.... It's not about me, boys and girls. It's about Ian and a broken, self-imposed methodology coupled with insufficient cash to get the job done in a timely fashion. I'm just sitting here, asking the real questions that, apparently, none of you big thinkers have the capacity, or the balls, to ask. The rest of the boating world sees it, clearly, but the big mouth sycophants see an Emperor and His New Clothes.

If Ian waits long enough, he will get to experience a socially unstable Philippine society that collapses in on itself, releasing the criminals to swipe his precious carbon tools and do something with them that Ian can't seem to do on his own.... make a boat and get them sold and delivered to the buyers who have been waiting for what, now, Ian.... more than a decade?

Constipation never sounded like so much fun.